Kinross Gold Corporation Employee Reviews

It was different
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Round Mountain, NVJanuary 20, 2018
It was an ok company to work for. I worked there for 5 years. Worked in all departments and met some great people. I liked my boos in the meat department he was awsome.
Pros
It paid well
Cons
Management wasn’t great
Horrible place filled with deplorable people
Operator (Former Employee) –  Round Mountain, NVNovember 20, 2017
Incompetent managers, SEVERE nepotism and a good ol boy mentality are just the beginning of woes.
There is a reason they are ALWAYS hiring.
No one wants to stay, it's in the middle of nowhere and medical treatment is 4 hours away if you get hurt.
Props to you if you give Round Mt a chance. Corporate is cool but the local managers are a joke and half. EVERYONE and I mean eVeRyOnE is related to EVERYone. RMGC is run like some sort of shut in backwoods inbred insular town like out of a Steven King novel or perhaps the twilight zone.
Pros
You can almost forget the place on your week off
Cons
Not enough words or space to describe how miserable this place is.
Great place
Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Round Mountain, NVNovember 17, 2017
Good place to work. Long way from any big city. Out in the middle of nowhere. Good pay and benefits. Only draw back is it's in the middle of nowhere.
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Distance from home.
Excellent benefits and career opportunities.
Assay Lab Technician/QC Technician (Current Employee) –  Ely, NVAugust 1, 2017
I have had the chance to get excellent training and QAQC/data entry experience. This occupation has allowed me to support my family. The benefits are excellent.
Pros
benfits, excellent pay
Cons
long hours away from family
Good pay good benefits
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  AlaskaJune 28, 2017
Good place to make decent steady money benefits are good the hours are long plenty of overtime shifts if you want (usually ) it has provided a stable income for my family and a place you can count on
Challenging, educational, always interesting
Lead Water Treatmeant Operator (Current Employee) –  Republic, WAMay 29, 2017
Everyday you must manage all aspects of the Water system. You have monitor and maintain the treatment system to insure that the mine stays dewatered and mining operations will not be affected. It is very challenging, educational and enjoyable to be successful at this operation.
Pros
You get to learn new things all the time
Cons
Long days
It's like having a big family, they take care of their employees.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Round Mountain, NVMarch 17, 2017
Hours are hard working 12 hr. shifts going from days to nights. Rotating shifts. The pay is amazing, benefits are wonderful. If needed they are there for you in cases of emergency.
Pros
money, benefits.
Cons
No shopping, hard cold winters, hot summers
Very productive and great place work.
Executive Asst./Office Mgr for Den Reg Office (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 14, 2017
Kinross is a Canadian Company are very enjoyable to with from the CEO to the Safety Manager.

Executives traveled a lot and with many flight changes and I would make all changes accordingly. Executives needed passport in different documents to enter different countries. Very challenging but I learned .

I planned all company events and planned a great summer outing to Sylvan Dale Ranch where the executives let their hair down and went horse back riding, played horseshoes and listened to a local band. They really enjoyed themselves and could relax and not worry about work.
Pros
Planning Quarterly QBR meetings
Cons
Running the EMQ Emergency Systems
Haul Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  FairbFebruary 19, 2017
I've enjoyed working for Kinross and think they provide good benefits and try to make their employees happy. I am only leaving because I'd like to leave the state I'm working in.
Pros
Great benefits and advancement opportunities
Cons
Short mine life
Great pay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Hadley, NVJanuary 20, 2017
It was a great paying job and they gave yearly raises. Unlike other security position l had held in the past, I worked with a team of officers. There was only a few negatives one was the location as it a mine located in a tiny Nevada town hours from supermarkets and hospitals. Security officers were given a grill for personal use during are long 12 hour shifts. Many times the security team would have potlucks and it helped to harbor a deep level of satisfaction.
Pros
Due to 12 hour shifts we had a mini 7 day vacation every month
Cons
The 12 hour shifts often left you tired and exhausted
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Round Mountain, NVJanuary 15, 2017
Great place to work an grow . Everyone works together and they take safety seriously . Bonuses and insurances is great also .
Never can advance
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKDecember 11, 2016
I have been with Kinross for almost 7 years and have tried to move up in management. I'm stuck in a job and can't get promoted. I keep getting passed over for people that have less experience and time. It's about favoritism.
Pros
Salary, bonuss
Cons
Favoritism
fake management
maint pit mechanic (Former Employee) –  bald mountain mineJuly 9, 2016
the place is unorganized and filled with non leadership oriented management. there is no direction and the warehouse supervisor is two faced and has no ability to lead. be wary when working here things change to quickly and are done with confidence in there hourly workers
Pros
small mine
Cons
lack of leadership, favortism
Terrible place to work
Slave (Current Employee) –  Round Mountain, NVJune 16, 2016
Kinross, Round Mountain Gold Corp (and Kinross in general) ARE TERRIBLE!!!!! I do not work for them and never have. But I know someone who has been extremely mistreated by them. BAD place to work. Favoritism to the max. They are all talk when it comes to company values, and don't care at all about their employees. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!!!! TRUST ME!!!!! THEY ARE EVIL!!!
Pros
Makes suicide much easier
Cons
Dude.... you'd be here all day reading this if I listed everything I know.
Clueless Management
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Round Mountain, NVOctober 4, 2015
The overall culture was lackluster to say the least. The company is smack down in the middle of nowhere. Everybody in management are related in some sort of capacity, so advancement is based on favoritism instead of skill.
Pros
A lot of overtime
Cons
Everything else
Worst Company I've Ever Worked For
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Round Mountain GoldSeptember 30, 2013
They are masters of sales and marketing - don't drink their Kool-aid it's all propaganda. They are hypocrites when it comes to safety and they treat their employees like they're a dime a dozen - which being 4 hours from anywhere, is simply not true.

And be sure you review that "attendance policy" before agreeing - they'd rather you go to work sick (operating heavy equipment nonetheless) than allow you proper time to recover - otherwise you get "occurrences" which include being written up and probation. Is completely unreasonable. (And no, I didn't have an attendance problem - missed 2.5 days in 5.5 years; never late.)

There are much better companies to work for. Unless you have a vested interest in living in central Nevada, there is no reason worth working there.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Horrible Management
Place to work
Mine Maintenance Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Round Mountain, NVMay 26, 2013
Good Opportunities to learn, Work shift work 13 to 14 hours, co-workers are ok,
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
away from family