Kinsley Group, Inc Employee Reviews

5 Star Company
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  East Granby, CTAugust 6, 2018
Kinsley is a great company to work for. They have a great team oriented atmosphere, are truly a family oriented company, offer above average benefits, and represent their core values!
Good place to work.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTMarch 30, 2018
The typical day was 9 hours traveling from site to site performing preventive maintenance's.There was in house training on safety, new product information and other training as needed.
Pros
In house training
Bad career choice
Technician (Current Employee) –  East GranbyNovember 1, 2017
Senior leadership leads by fear, and has zero trust in employees. Narcissistic who constantly changes the rules to keep people off balance thus high turnover and constant employee churn. Talk of do the right thing but that is simply another method of control and manipulation. It really is that bad.
Pros
Lousy PTO policy, bonus program is sham, double standards, no empathy by owners
Cons
Senior leader who encourages dept silos due to any real world management experience
Great Company, Great People, Awesome Career for GenTechs
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 2, 2017
Started with Kinsley in Albany, NY as an experienced generator technician a little over 6 months ago. Was offered a better compensation package than my previous employer (major corporation, union shop..). I've consistently only had good experiences with every department and management all the way up to the VP of operations.

My Field Service Supervisor is extremely knowledgeable and hard working, drops everything to help even in the middle of the night. They treat newbie techs and experienced techs with the same level of respect and there is no pecking order. The Director of Operations in the Albany branch might as well be the best boss you could ever ask for, works himself to the bone day and night to make sure everyone stays confident in themselves and has what they need when they need it. Never been shamed by anyone or treated disrespectfully, never witnessed it either. Very laid back and comfortable office environment if your white collar.

Every company claims they want the best for their employees but rarely is it shown in action. Kinsley has demonstrated over and over that they are a family oriented company with family values and they DO want the best for their employees. My wife and I ran into financial trouble one time and requested a 401k distribution to get us out of trouble. Instead of withdrawing from my 401k with penalties, the Director of HR granted me a substantial interest free loan to cover the cost of what my wife and I needed to get on our feet. Actions speak louder than words, Kinsley really does care about their employees.

Kinsley replaces broken
  more... tools at no cost to the tech, they offer tool upgrades if you want with payroll deduction, your paid from the moment you start up your service truck in the morning to the moment you pull into your driveway at night, double time and prevailing wage is commonplace and there is no "seniority" monopolies on those jobs like a union shop would have. Techs are allotted rugged modern tablets and well maintained clean service trucks. You're always supported as a tech and you just feel like you're part of a big family that digs fixing generators.

Highly recommend Kinsley as a career opportunity for GenTechs. Fresh out of college or 30 years experience, you'll fit right in and get dirty with people just like you.
Pros
Family values, awesome HR department, good compensations and benefits, technicians are well equipped and well supported, management isn't just a quality control entity out to get you, office staff and technician staff get along well and there's no "white vs blue" attitudes, overall great place to work
Cons
Biggest generator service provider in the northeast, massive workload, could do 70hrs a week every week and hardly put a dent in the work load, need to be independent
Great workplace with friendly people!
Intern (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTAugust 15, 2017
I had a really positive experience here! There is a good workplace culture and with my work, I was given goals to meet and was given both some freedom and some structure to complete them. It was a great learning experience in which I got to appreciate the many different phases that go into a sale and have grown in my knowledge since beginning here. I highly recommend this company.
Really really non-professional company- RUN AWAY.
Sales (Former Employee) –  New York StateMarch 19, 2017
I have been working for Kinsley-Group full time around 7 years.
I can not say one good thing about the company- that sums up everything in a nut shell.
Pros
The Concept of the product
Cons
The nasty Culture
Not a smart choice
Sales (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTNovember 6, 2013
Very stressful, demanding job for little compensation.
Company does not value its people.
Upper management and HR lack transparency and integrity.
Kinsley does very little to support its employees' success.
Pros
Job pays the bills
Cons
Constantly loosing valuable people because of poor managers and they loose managers too.
The People Make It Great!
happy employee (Current Employee) –  KinsleyMarch 28, 2013
Working with the people at Kinsley is good. The employees are very focused on achieving goals and want to be successful. Like any other company and job, there are stresses, deadlines, challenges, etc - but the people you work with make it worth it. You know that everyone else is working towards the same goal and working just as hard as you to achieve it. Yes, there has been turnover but the people that are still here and the new employees that have come aboard are great. I'm glad I work here and am thankful for the people that I work with.
Pros
co-workers care a lot, teamwork, benefits are good.
Cons
same as every other job
Incompetent Unprofessional Management
Sales (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 15, 2013
I fail to understand where the glowing reviews are coming from. While I worked there there was nothing but complaints. The President has no business sense or human decency in him, and he is driving his fathers business into the ground. There is constant turnover here as people realize the bulsh** that is spewed. Upper management does not delegate responsibilities correctly and has no idea what they are doing. Stay clear if you value your time...
A Perfect Fit for Some - Challenging, Growing, Family Values
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Current EmployeeFebruary 6, 2013
This company has successfully maneuvered through significant, accelerated growth and change over the past 3 years, spurred by a "storm of the century" in each of the past 2 years. The company has grown beyond it's 3 year expectations due to these storms and the awareness they have brought to its core business. It is not the same company it was 3 years ago. This kind of change is not for everyone as you can read in some of the passionate reviews given. With this change comes challenge and pains, but also great opportunity. I believe this company remains firmly rooted in family values and during extreme change is aggressively focusing on its culture and attention to its employees. It is a new company in many ways anchored by a secure core business that has been around for nearly 50 years. Kinsley is a "Perfect Fit" for those looking to be held accountable and rewarded for their performance; for those looking for incredible opportunity and growth in a challenging, dynamic environment; for those who want to help steer the ship and not just be along for the ride; for those looking for a unique mix of big business and family-owned values.
Pros
growth, opportunity, and family culture
Cons
significant growing pains but will lead to much opportunity, success
The Truth About Kinsley
Disposable Employee (Former Employee) –  HellJanuary 25, 2013
The previous two reviews about Kinsley being a great place to work, fun environment and the best choice one has ever made was probably written by the owner himself to boost their crumbling image as they attempt to fill all of their open positions. People give notice here weekly. No one is happy, everyone complains constantly. They fire then never rehire, leaving all the work on you. This place makes you miserable, depressed and basically takes your soul. They don't care about experience you have or how great you are at your job, instead they just keep squeezing more out of you until you get fed up and leave, which is what most people do. I am so happy I got out of there and I feel for those who are still stuck. The owner doesn't even care that he's lost 7 of his best employees in three months. Everyone is disposable and replaceable to him. It's so sad to see what this place has become. There are some really amazing people who work there, but the company is in the hands of a greedy, money hungry yuppie.
Pros
7am town hall meetings that are full of lies
Cons
lunchtime when you can escape for an hour
A great place to work
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  East Granby, CTJanuary 14, 2013
Coming from a large company to a smaller family owned business was a huge change for me but working at Kinsley has been worth it.

The atmosphere is a fun one with things always happening and changing for the better; you will definitely never be bored here!

Management is extremely visionary yet all employees ideas' count and you feel like part of the team.It's exciting to be able to come to work and contibute to a company goal and see it actually happen.
Horrible Company to work for
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 31, 2011
The managers are incompetent. The employees are miserable. They haven't given out raises in 3 years, but they tell you how well they are doing. Greedy! There is no job security. They set you up to fail. I would not suggest working for this company.
Not a good place to work
Slave (Former Employee)August 17, 2011
Managers are incompetent.They are sexist and when you get to be a certain age, they get rid of you. There is no job security. They threaten everyones jobs. You walk around on pins and needles.They are horrible to their employees. The employees are ALL miserable and looking for new jobs. They put more work on you but never give you a raise. And they say they are employer of choice. Hahahaha STAY AWAY FROM KINLSEY POWER SYSTEMS OR KINSLEY GROUP WHATEVER THEY ARE CALLING THEMSELVES THIS WEEK.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinsley Group, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8