Kinze Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Scary top level management.
Test Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAApril 4, 2018
The entire senior leadership team turned over 1.5 times in the 18 months I was involved with the business. Top level management made poor decisions in many ways that resulted in laying off a significant amount of workers that were hired only recently before as well as some very poor product launches. Profit over product/customers/employees.
Great people to work with
Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAMarch 8, 2018
I didn't find my positions to be challenging enough to keep me interested. The best part of working there was the people, in my opinion. They have some really great people working there. The four day work schedule was really nice also.
Pros
Great work schedule
Cons
Dirty and hot
Being a self starter, it was always challenging.
REGIONAL MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IASeptember 3, 2017
A typical day at work, I will always try to build my skills of leadership by increasing the value of using my intuition and trusting my gut when making decisions. Continually building team orientation, creating an adult to adult relationship which fosters team cohesiveness. I enjoy working with different personalities, sharing similar interests,and goals, while developing respect and trust. Getting to know one well enough to understand their nonverbal communication and expressing myself well and listen well. I continue to concentrate on building self maturity, based on recognizing that more can be accomplished by empowering others than by ruling them. Having a coaching mindset that shares knowledge, wisdom, and supports with encouragement and enthusiasm. I find much enjoyment when I have clearly and effectively formulate directions and articulate them effectively, directing others to accomplish the tasks at hand.
Pros
I always enjoyed the challenges each day presented.
Cons
Great first job with a chance to work with experienced peers
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAJuly 26, 2017
My time at Kinze Manufacturing has been great. I had the chance to work on a small team including very experienced industry veterans. Chance to work at my desk and in the field and to be involved in many aspects of the engineering process.
Pros
flex time
Fast Paced
Large Assembler (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAJune 12, 2017
Interesting Job to work at, had its ups and downs, constantly changing which job they wanted me to do on almost a bi mothly baises but over all i decent place to work
Good Pay
Sales (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAMay 26, 2017
Kinze provides a high level of pay for this mostly rural region. Medical benefits are also good. Yearly picnic with games and prizes for the entire family.
pay and benefits are average
Welder (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAMay 2, 2017
Associates are great to work with. It is extreemly hot in summer. very prone to layoffs due to volitale farm marked. senior management only cares about how fat their checkbook is. The good old boys network is strongly in place here. It's not how well you do your job but who you know in order to get any advancement. Favoritism is firms in place here
Pros
good pay, average benefits
Cons
hot work enviorment
Poor management
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAJanuary 12, 2017
2nd shift management didn't care if the lines were short staffed or short on parts, they wanted to produce more products then 1st shift that had twice as many people on it. Co-workers were easy to work with and were willing to help. Management kept bragging about how much of a bonus they get if we always meet first shifts quotas.
My husband and I were able to go to work together
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAJuly 28, 2016
By working at Kinze my husband and I were able to work the same shift and were able to go to work together making only one car necessary. This allowed our schedules to be the same.
Good employer, would return if possible
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAApril 23, 2016
Kinze has very good training opportunities, knowledgeable co-workers, and generous ownership. The pay is second to none. I did not get bored at work because the jobs were challenging and had a lot of variety.
Pros
two paid breaks, chaplains available for both shifts
Cons
healthcare costs, industry volitility, lack of diversity in product line
Safe working environment & knowledgeable workers
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAFebruary 9, 2016
Start the day with a departmental meeting. Go over job functions for the day. Work closely with co-workers for job completion.
It was very fast paced at times. But in the end, It was very satisfying knowing that you and your co-workers worked well together and finished all task with a great feeling of accomplishment.
Productive and fun work place
Repair Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IADecember 28, 2015
A good tight work group with few workers that had to be assisted. A agriculture based back ground with up to date procedures to make top of the line ag equipment. Most times family oriented but leaning away from it as they grow and expand.
Pros
Exerienced work culture
Cons
Hang on to under achievers and expect other workers to carry the extra work load
assemble corn planters and wagons
mechanical and electrical assembler (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAOctober 6, 2015
Start work at 5:30 to 4:00 10 hour days four days a week.
Had to work at a steady pace. Lot of farmers work there it was an education in the farming world. I'm from the city.
Pros
good pay
Cons
long drive
Could be great, but falls short with ownership
Senior Technical Writer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAAugust 10, 2015
I really wanted to love this company. They have beautiful facilities and decent pay for their location. However, being located in a relatively remote location, if you aren't a local it is difficult to assimilate in their culture. Living close to the plant is difficult and there is high risk if you don't adapt to their methods quickly, you can be unemployed in an area with little to no employment opportunities. Management leads with an iron fist and there is no room for difference of opinions. Vast amounts of cash have been spent to build a very impressive office, manufacturing, training, and visitor center which is becoming more of monument to the owner than to sustainable business in the future. When the founder and owner is no longer in control of the business, it could be entirely possible the Vice-President (and daughter) will be unable to maintain profitablity and Kinze will either fold, or more likely be purchased by CNH, Agco, or another competitor. Bottom line is this is a high-risk company to relocate for. There is short-term potential, but do your homework first!
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Hours, local mentality, management
Assembly (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAJuly 23, 2015
Good job, great pay, fast pace and enjoy working with the people I work with. Management works hard to keep things moving and people happy.
above average pay,
Machine operator 1 Fabrication department (Former Employee) –  williamsburg, Ia.July 14, 2015
I do not have a lot of industrial experience, I thought this place was impressive, starting with raw material, and creating a piece of equipment, implemented 5s work stations, gave you a Popsicle on hot days, break rooms are air conditioned,
Pros
above average pay
Cons
noisey, hot, training sparse
Family owned and run company with high moral values
Corporate Controller (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAJune 6, 2015
A company dedicated to it's employees and the agricultural industry. A highly moral company with minimal stress and quick to make decisions.
One of the best jobs I've ever had.
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAApril 26, 2015
Honestly I still work here and love it. I just want to find a company I can be more passionate about. Kinze is a company that builds equipment for the Agriculture community. Thats simply not me. I'd like to find a company that helps produce something that I'm passionate about and involved with. So for now I'm still employed there. You have to pass a NCRC test to be employed there so that weeds out a lot of potentially bad employees. Everyone is definitely there to work and put in a hard day, so its great that you're surrounded by motivated individuals. Management is involved on a day to day bases so they know everyones name, and no person is too small. Which is great! However, not a lot of opportunities to move around -let alone up. Pays the best around and I'd give it a 9/10 would definitely work here again.
Daily routine
Assembly/ EMT (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAJanuary 18, 2015
Working on assembly line or paint hanger depending on the day. Rotation of job every hour and half. Working on row units for planters, packaging goods for customers and paint parts for the planters or the grain carts. Working in a safe company that has core values with high quality products. I also ensure that everyone in the building is taken care of when hurt or has a medical condition that needs the help from me and other first responders within the company.
Pros
good pay
Cons
to far to drive
Internship
Learning and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, IAJuly 25, 2014
I was working at Kinze as an intern. I enjoyed working there, and being part of the Kinze Family. There were 13 other interns and I enjoyed getting to know them. I worked closely with the HR team and liked the responsibilities of organizing and planning I was in charged of.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
It was only an internship

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kinze Manufacturing. Our community is ready to answer.

Kinze Manufacturing Reviews by Location