Kiowa Casino Employee Reviews

Worst place ever!
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Devol, OKNovember 12, 2018
They couldn’t pay me enough to ever go back there. Upper management is off in their own trailer and doesn’t know what is going on unless one of the little butt kissing rats goes and tells like a little kids. Don’t bother with HR, they can’t or won’t help. They set you up for failure. No room for advancement and no support. Don’t waste your time, you’ll only be made to feel like you’re a failure when in fact if the management can’t keep employees they are truly the failures.
Pros
Lunch, benefits
Cons
Lack of support from upper management, pay, hours you have to put in.
Don't value their employees
Lead surveillance operator (Former Employee) –  Devol, OKOctober 22, 2018
Worked for them for three years and I wouldn't recommend this company...they do not value their employees time or effort. The pay for each position here is way beneath the national average.
It was a company that was very strict and played favorites
BARTENDER (Former Employee) –  Duval, OkApril 27, 2018
Management made this job harder than it had to be. Many of the employees are divided and very cliqued. Everyone is friendly for the most part but professionalism should be addressed.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Cons
favoritism, management
Overall great environment
Surveillance Operator (Former Employee) –  Devol, OKNovember 8, 2017
The competitive nature for job advancement is fierce and cut throat but overall everyone is friendly and helpful. The drama behind the scenes can be a bit much especially if you get involved but it's rare and easily deflected.
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Devol, OKSeptember 5, 2017
I absolutely love working in the blackjack pit. My co-workers are awesome as is the management and players. I leave this great casino behind to work daytime hours. I hope one day I will be able to come back or find a place to work that has shown me as much care as Kiowa Casino has.
Pros
Very good pay and insurance plans.
Cons
Sometimes long hours, away from family.
Awful management in food and beverage.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Devol, OKAugust 15, 2017
Management not only picks favorites but treats other employees badly. No set schedule ever so you'll always work random days or nights and working 10+ days in a row without a day off is common. Don't even bother trying to go to upper management to solve anything. They'll say that they'll meet you, then blow you off.
Pros
Free lunch, healthcare
Cons
Poor management, lack of caring for enployees, awful hours
Horrible management all around
Rewards club rep (Former Employee) –  Devol, OKJuly 26, 2017
Working in the rewards club was the worst job of my life and I've had some pretty bad jobs. Lots of unwanted overtime and PTO constantly denied. If I could go back in time and keep myself from working here I would. Any complaints to the HR director are not taken seriously and honestly there is not enough pay in the world to that would make me want to work for this company again. They graciously got 2 stars because they really do offer the best benefit package I've seen.
Pros
Free lunches and the insurance benefits are excellent
Cons
Management, terrible HR
good job to have if you can keep to yourself
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Devol, OKJuly 13, 2017
you have to watch what you say and who you say it to. great benefits management could use some improvement. could use higher pay for security since they do a little bit of everyone's job.
Pros
free food
Cons
supervisor is horrible
Not a job for a family person
Lead Server/Supervisor/bartender (Former Employee) –  Devol, OKJuly 11, 2017
While working you start in one department, with options to transfer to different departments. There is constantly advancement opportunity and the benefits are well worth it.
Good place to work with great benefits. Advancement as well.
Main Bank Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Devol, OKJune 5, 2017
Typical day when arriving is making sure we had full staff on shift. Before relieving prior shift employees that the main bank is balanced.
Management was always on hand when needed.
Hardest part of job was working the graveyard shift.
Enjoyable part of the job is when the shift went smoothly and no unhappy customers.
Pros
Free meals every day. Great benefits.
Cons
short staff and drama
It was alright
Table Games Dealer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Devol, OKJune 1, 2017
It was my third casino to work for, it was alright. Money was not great, a lot of shady people there, and long work hours. Manager at the time was real shady.
Pros
Money was descent
Cons
Everything else
fascinating environment
Revenue Auditor (Former Employee) –  Devol, OKMay 21, 2017
A typical day consisted of marking countless papers with red pen. It was the same thing every day, which made mistakes easily overcome. The hardest part of the job was that I was only part time, so I didn't make enough money.
Pros
free lunches and sodas
Cons
not enough hours
my day at work
Hospitality Aide (Current Employee) –  Devol, OKMay 10, 2017
a typical day at the casino is stressful. I have learned that people are addicted to losing money. management isn't the greatest. the people suck. going home is the best part of my day.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
unprofessional and no team work
Customer Service Representativek (Former Employee) –  Kiowa County, OKJanuary 16, 2017
management is horrible to their employees.Beverage trainer is neither professional or courteous to her trainees. She is unable to communicate or solve practical problems when they arise. As of the employees that work in beverage, seem to get mistreated often. Ive been in food and beverage for 30 yrs. Train in big corp. companies, no promoting of team work, no professional demeanor at all. Good luck
Pros
free food???
Cons
horrible training
Enjoyed the regular customers that came in, they made my day.
Cashier/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Devol, OKOctober 26, 2016
I really enjoy my job at the casino, i love that I get to see my regular customers daily. I enjoy making my customers feel welcome and at home.
Great Benefits, Decent pay Holidays are required.
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Devol, OKAugust 9, 2016
Great benefits including reasonable insurance and PTO which can be cashed out. Not enough training given to most staff and warm body hiring. Friendly atmosphere but mostly unprepared planning leaves
staff unprepared.
Pros
PTO and insurance
Cons
Holidays required and excessive oversight in areas not needed.
Back stabbing at its finest
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Devol, OKJuly 2, 2016
The front of house employees that work there are awesome. It's the HR department and upper management where the problem lies. They don't care about you at all. They only care about the bottom dollar. Employees with write-ups in their files are continually promoted even though unqualified. If you are in the Clique then you are set. No matter how many mistakes they make and how miserable they make everyone's life, it's continually overlooked. Get in with the right group and you are set!!!
Pros
Health care
Cons
Lack of management skill
Excellent Company
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee) –  Devol, OKApril 15, 2016
Excellent Company with great benefits. They really care about their employees offering food and great benefits along with bonuses for being a long time member. NO COMPLAINTS
Love Every Minute of It
Table Games Dealer (Current Employee) –  Devol, OKNovember 25, 2015
The, staff, the benefits, the atmosphere is great. There is nothing quite like it. I have never worked in any other casino but I've heard other dealers work weird hours and have odd days off. Not here! 4 on and 3 off. Guaranteed to have Monday off.
Pros
Free food, benefits, flexible.
Cons
Upper Managnement
great team members,
Revenue Auditor (Former Employee) –  Devol, OKMarch 20, 2015
best managers to work for.... never looked down on us, always willing to help and get dirty. learned a lot on how management should treat people under them, co- workers were a lot of fun always made the day at work go by fast and enjoyed being around them