Kirkbrae Country Club Employee Reviews

Stressful and dramatic kitchen
Bus Boy/Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIOctober 7, 2018
Was a decent first job but found that those in charge like to pick favorites based on if you’re a girl and looks. Managers would be flat out rude and leave you out to dry and laugh while you struggle.
Elegant and Fun atmosphere with potential to learn
Expediter (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJune 4, 2018
Management and staff helped me become confident and comfortable in this establishment. I learned how to effectively and efficiently call out orders and communicate with the kitchen in order to serve the dining room.
Pros
Free Lunch, Good Management
Cons
N/a
Not a great place when I worked there, but some people stay a long time
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMay 11, 2018
The problems I faced were mostly with the supervisor and higher ups, coworkers and work culture/ atmosphere, as well as the customers. The job itself is an average one, not much more or less expected in performance than any other restaurant or service. However, The supervisor was a crazy, interfering, horrible person. This person would throw fits and threaten to fire people (which was not in their control) about things that did not pertain to the job. This person would ruin or sabotage things, set-ups, and/ or information, and then pretend to "find out" out of nowhere and blame me or another for being dumb and messing things up, etc. The coworkers were all very selfish and out for strictly personal gain. Although there were pre-set seating arrangements and assigned servers to the tables OR a simple rotational strategy in the restaurant, servers would jump at tables that were not theirs. It was mostly a free for all and there was always gossip about somebody. Customers were mostly stuck up, stubborn, rude, or ietitled, but it is a country club, so at least that aspect can be anticipated
Great Place to Work
Assistant Golf Professional (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandJanuary 8, 2018
run the day to day operation
manage the outside operations
the membership is fun and outgoing
coworkers work as a family
treated me like a person and not an employee
Poor environment/culture, provides little incentive to stay
Bus Person (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMarch 28, 2017
Working in the hospitality industry is not for everybody, myself included. That being said, working here did not make me feel any more positively toward this industry. First, with several workers on staff, trying to get multiple days to work a week was next to impossible given the management. In terms of a typical shift in the dining room of Kirkbrae Country Club, there was constant stress and responsibilities for each employee were very strict regardless of how busy the dining room may be on a given day.
Kirkbrae Country Club
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJune 21, 2016
Meeting patrons and member needs is the number one priority. As a server it is your responsibility to facilitate in the operations of large scale events, making the experience as pleasurable as possible for the customers and members.
Fun environment with likeable workers and customers
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIMarch 20, 2016
As a waitress in the dining room I would go in and wait for tables for me to take. I needed to be familiar with our menu items, our alcoholic beverages, and side items. While I waited for tables I cleaned and did other things to keep busy and help others be on top of their tasks.
When I was working in the banquet side of things I just did whatever tasks I needed to complete before events would start. This would be filling pitchers with water, putting salt and candles on tables, etc.
I learned how to be a classy server. The venue was definitely upscale.
The managers are great. They are very supportive and willing to work with you. As long as you do your job, try to do more than just your job, and are respectable you should do well.
My co-workers were great too. Very willing to help you get the hang of things.
The hardest part of the job was knowing all of the special things that went with meals.
The most enjoyable part simply was when you did a good job and got tips.
Pros
free food, low stress during the down season
Cons
sometimes you don't get as many hours as you want, there are times when you are out of work during slow seasons
fd
Snack Bar Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIDecember 15, 2015
It was a great time. Great place to work with inspiring people and a great environment. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
intense workplace but creativity was encouraged
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIDecember 15, 2014
a typical day included prepping for the day, giving crew their tasks,ordering for the weeks' events, meeting with manager about upcoming events (menu), preparing lunch and dinner for members
Pros
fast paced environment, let me create my own menu
Cons
last minute events with not much time to prepare, not enough help at times
Great place to work. Opportunity to meet many people in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
Women's Locker Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJuly 2, 2012
I always looked forward to each day at work. It was always interesting and never boring. I really enjoyed providing service to the membership and eventually they became like a part of my family. I learned so many skills in my years that I feel are a asset to any future employer I may work for. As a staff member you are trained in every detail to provide the best service and experiences to all you interact with..
Pros
daily meal allowance and opportunity to golf on specified days.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kirkbrae Country Club. Our community is ready to answer.