Kirkland's Employee Reviews

Tiring and mentally exhausting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXJuly 14, 2018
The store I worked in had a huge turnover rate. They did not promote within, even though you had office experience. They only worked you about 4 hours a day when the managers got 10 hours a day. The store I worked at had too many managers for how small of a store it was, therefore very confusing opinions about everything. I felt that I did a better job at selling things than the managers did, but there was always "something wrong" that I was doing.
productive and fun place to learn.
Team Associate (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 12, 2018
A typical day at work is easy fun but also fast paste. I learned how to communicate with people more, and my decorating skills also improved. The hardest part about the job is lifting heavy objects. The most enjoyable part is that i get to meet new, fun, and creative people, and I also got to work with amazing people.
Pros
employee discount, ideas on how to decorate your own home.
Cons
not enough hours a week.
A fun environment with terrible management
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 9, 2018
Kirkland's has been an interesting experience. While I do enjoy working there, it seems as though there is no room for upward mobility. You get the position you applied for and that's it. Low pay and terrible management.
Productive but stressful work place.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Denham Springs, LAJuly 9, 2018
If you want a lot of hours this isn’t the job for you. If you want a stress free work place this isn’t the job for you. If you like chaotic crowds and angry customers then this is the perfect place for you to go.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 6, 2018
Had a lot of change and a high turnover but overall a good place to work and flexible schedule and you can grow with in the company as long as you show progress
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Long hours and a lot of call ins
decent small job, sells great
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce, GAJuly 1, 2018
smells great in there, pay is eh, you have to sign people up for the kirklands thing and if you dont sign a lot of people up, you dont get a lot of hours
Good work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Joliet, ILJune 28, 2018
Daily duties consisted of unloading delivery truck, working the cash register. Cleaning and closing including the bathrooms and vacuuming the sales floor.
somewhat of a good place to work.
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 28, 2018
I was given many tasks to do though out my shift and I feel that too much stress was put on me.i feel that favoritism was shown through the company. I feel that there is no consistency with company policies. Policies were constantly being changed.
Cons
Friendly and fun working environment with outstanding store manager
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 27, 2018
I absolutely loved working at Kirklands! The only reason I left was because the company closed the mall location in which I was working and the nearest store was too far to drive to. The store manager was wonderful and made coming to work both fun and challenging. The only thing I didn’t like was I felt that they don’t pay well enough. (BTW: the employee discount helped me decorate my entire house when we bought our first home. Lol)
Pros
Flexibility, warm and friendly environment, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Pay not enough
Easy and Relaxed
Associate (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CAJune 27, 2018
One of the easiest jobs out there. You need to be able to communicate with customers and management. Management is ok. There are little to no hours and they keep hiring. As an associate, you will work 8 hours a week. As a manager, you will get 22 max and get paid minimum wage.
Cons
Hours
Productive/busy
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 25, 2018
I love working at Kirklands it gives me an opportunity to be creative with customer as well learn to grow in management and customer service. Work at Kirklands can be simple but the company over all is going through a lot of changes and things tend to change a lot. Work culture is healthy and enjoyable. I love my co-workers and managers. hardest part is that there are a lot of visual changes and balancing work and life can be challenging.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
many changes
Very fun always challenging you
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2018
Loved working there people an customers were great would not have left but another job opportunities came up it was fun seeing all new products for the home an helping to fill orders with designers
Pros
Loved the employees an customers
Cons
Having to leave
An overall average temporary position.
Cashier/stocker(Temporary) (Former Employee) –  North Port, FLJune 19, 2018
The cashier/stocking position was not very stable considering they let me go a few weeks in to the job, yet the new positions are most likely much better than a temporary one. I would definitely reconsider applying at this store again.
Pros
Larger group of workers to help stock and understanding management
Cons
Shorter breaks and infrequent hours
Great company to retire from
Contracted Position - Production Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 19, 2018
The company is one where you begin to understand why people work there for a long time. It was a joy to work for Kirklands. I hope to have an opportunity to return there in the future.
The store employees are the reason to stay
Senior Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2018
The corporate office doesn’t care about the team members just about the numbers. Th company sees that stores are struggle to hold it employees and have trouble finding management however they keep pushing for the current employees to do more and more without compensation or gratitude
After school job not a career
Part Time Service Associate (Former Employee) –  USAJune 18, 2018
It was an okay job. Lots of pretty things to look at but not a quality product. Management was pretty chill, at least at my location. Often felt bored in my position. Pay wasn't much, definitly not enough to support even one person.
Great associates and work space
Supervisor / Team Member / Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 17, 2018
Kirklands was my absolute favorite jobs . The environment as well as all my coworkers even the customers were always amazing . The work was never to hard . Just have to be prepared to constantly move the store around to be able to push out more product .
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Hours, pay
Team Member
Team Member (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 17, 2018
hand out flyers to customers. Hanging and stocking clothes. Did housewares and stocking. Also Christmas season. Threw out broken glass. Did stocking in backroom. Pictures and jewelry.
Pros
Team member
Cons
It was only seasonal work.
Great place to work!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 14, 2018
I absolutely love working part time for Kirkland's. I have been with the company 3 years and plan on being a part of a dynamic team of coworkers. We have an awesome Store Manager and a great team.
Pros
Employee discounts, great team, flexible hours.
Cons
No longer able to use discount for green tagged items.
great place to work with great people
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Rockwall, TXJune 13, 2018
it was a stock room position the manager would help you unload the truck and help unbox everything when she had the free time, all the employees were really nice and I honestly wish I could've kept working there longer. but our manager let you change shifts by word of mouth and was warned about it so we shifted to writing it down in a book but she was still fired even after the change and the new manager was a bit of a jerk so all but 2 people left the store.
Pros
luch breaks, great people, relaxed freindly enviorment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kirkland's. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

1.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight