Kisco Senior Living, LLC Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible Managment
Director of Dining Services/Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 25, 2018
This company is a joke, they do not take care of their employees and will place the blame on the next person faster than you can blink. I had a director position and even the directors were cut throat. I would not recommend this company to anyone they will not look out for you and only protect themselves.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
long hours, work-life balance does not exist, no support from home office
Lack of "collaborative" culture
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  UTApril 7, 2018
Worked as a sales director with a team that didnt want me there from the moment i was hired. The sales team competes with each other for new leads and team members were dishonest in the use of the tools to keep things "fair". The ED didnt want to get involved and didnt have my back or listen to my needs and concerns.
On the other hand, i really liked the corporate team and felt like they understood the needs of each team member. i learned a lot from the compass rose training and it has really helped my career.
Pros
Corporate team and compass rose training
Cons
Competitive sales system causes trust breakdown
Unfortunate
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cedarwood at SandyMarch 24, 2018
Was never given a fair chance and the management team made me feel as though I was merely a bait and switch. I attempted to bring my concerns to the executive director and I was given his voicemail after being told he didn't have the time to talk and after leaving two messages with him never heard back. I was seriously rattled and concerned by how I was treated and saw others treated and the highest person there didn't even take the time to listen to my concerns. Overall the experience was extremely disturbing and rattling.
Pros
Free lunch and excelent business "model"
Cons
It was only a business model with no real actions to back it up
Very Fair company
Dining Services Director (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 19, 2018
I have to say that Kisco senior living was by far the best senior living facility I have ever worked for. they are fair,consistant,have a great benefits package that is very competitive.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
sometimes not consistant
Working for Kisco was a joy. My management team was the pits
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 19, 2018
I enjoyed working at Kisco especially with my co-workers and the residents. Management team was a disgrace. My immediate supervisor did not have a clue on how to mange a department. She as not knowledgeable of her job nor her position.

The company as a whole was great. I would work again for Kisco if given the opportunity.
A great place to work !
HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 18, 2018
My time at Kisco has been an opportunity for me to become more and more independent in my work. I have been given lots of opportunities to expand on my knowledge and take the lead on projects. I feel like I own my work and get to enhance my surroundings daily.
Pros
People, Work, Benefits, Location
Cons
Some travel
Great teamwork
Medication Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 15, 2018
Such a great teamwork of all the managers.
Compassionate employees. Associates go above and beyond just to fulfill the needs and concerns of residents.
Terrible terrible
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 4, 2018
The management is what makes this place terrible . They didn’t gain my respect and most of my coworkers .They let the lead severs do whatever they want . Too many people sleeping with each other in the same department and nothing but gossip every shift I worked . Overall just a dram filled and stressful work environment .
Pros
Free food
Cons
Pay, coworkers, management
Good for experience but management is horrible.
Memory care resident assist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CADecember 28, 2017
Management is terrible. They are constantly complaining about employees and never thanking them for all the work they do. A lot of drama between employees. The schedule is a mess (especially in memory care). They are always short staffed so if you request a day off you won’t get it approved. Resident assist manager is usually in a bad mood and very difficult to talk to.
Pros
Free lunch. Love the residents.
Cons
Management is horrible. Schedule is always a mess
Amazing culture
Training Module Designer (internship) (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CANovember 20, 2017
I loved working with the people at KSL. They are all very positive and upbeat. I worked there for my Internship as part of the Master's degree program at SDSU. It was a great learning experience, every day was a challenge. I would love to find a place to work at similar to my experience their. Also, most of the work was done remotely via Zoom. We met in person only about 5 or 6 times to interview the SME's and to visit and meet other employees at all levels.
They would be a great example to other companies. Employees all worked together for a common goal. Enriching.
Pros
Great learning experience and great people
Cons
They did not have any opening after my internship
The worst place to work. Management is horrible
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 15, 2017
If you don’t have an opinion, or backbone and you’re afraid to speak up for yourself go work there. The company is very unfair and biased. They’re almost racist
Pros
Benefits, free lunch
Cons
Bad management, Free lunch is horrible, wants staff opinion but then don’t listen
Management is a joke
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 31, 2017
Manager plays favorites and parties with staff. Unethical treatment of residents from assisted living director. Don’t work here!!!! Your voice will not be heard :-(
LTC upbeat people who care for families
Human Resources Generalist/Director (Former Employee) –  San Rafael, CAOctober 27, 2017
Busy, upbeat quality care facility.
Great community leadership and compassionate staff who made a difference everyday in the life of a family.
Heart of Marin, tenured staff, experienced and caring.
Pros
24/7 work environment
Cons
can be stressful when residents pass over
Associate Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CASeptember 1, 2017
Kisco's culture (PVBs) are everything! They are the guiding light for the company. The upper management always has positive intent and has the best interests of it's associates in mind.
Great Place To Work!
Admin. Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAAugust 28, 2017
Kisco offers amazing benefits and is extremely professional. This company strives to honor it's Principle Value Beliefs and is a great place to work!
Horrible
RMA (Former Employee) –  VA Beach, VAAugust 27, 2017
Horrible management, excepted to come in for meetings once a week. Get calls and texts all throughout the day on days off. Management did not care about residents needs
ok
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 27, 2017
company does well for residents. at the time my direct supervisor was not good at all. lot of issues with direct supervision and lack of care in a few homes
Making a difference everyday
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 18, 2017
provides a good product to the seniors and the families of the seniors that each property cares for. Good to see that they are starting to provide more memory care.
Senior living is fun
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJuly 11, 2017
I love working for Kisco I have been doing it for over year now. I love interacting with the residents and getting to know them. My co workers are hardworking and awesome people. They are always giving their 100 percent for our residents.
good place to work while going to school
MEDICATION TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJune 17, 2017
You have a routine schedule, except when you have unexpected falls from residents
learned a lot about meds and how to receive new medication orders and make changed as specified by the doctor
management is fair

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kisco Senior Living, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.6InHerSight Score

4.8Personal Development

4.8Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight