Kishwaukee College Employee Reviews

Not a good experience
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILJuly 22, 2018
One semester I would teach 4 classes. The next semester I was lucky to get 1 class. The Dean's are disconnected with the Professors and were not truthful when they hired instructors. I enjoy teaching but this was not the place to do it. The pay was on the lower end of the scale- it was not enough to live off of
Productive and Good workplace
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILJune 14, 2018
Kishwaukee College Library is a very nice place to work and provides a nice opportunity for students going to the college to work around their busy schedules
Pros
Hours work around school
Great educational environment!
English as a Second Language Instructor (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILMay 9, 2018
This is a place that offers tremendous opportunities to all individuals of DeKalb County - regardless of their age! Phenomenal institution offering a plethora of educational insight and training! The employees are so excited about what they provide the population and seem to truly enjoy their work!
Pros
Fantastic cafeteria!
Cons
About 15 miles west of DeKalb!
Student Athletic Department
Student Worker Athletic Department (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 20, 2018
Awesome work environment with a fun and helpful staff. Working for the student athletic department gave me experience with athletes, trainers, coaches and more.
Good classrooms, great working environment
Adjunct Instructor of English (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILMarch 7, 2018
It was an enjoyable working environment and everyone I interacted with was great. The students were great and all the necessary technology was available in every class room.
Kishwaukee College -- Client Support
Client Support Spec (IT) & Adjunct Instructor CIS (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILJanuary 30, 2018
Community college in Malta, IL. A good place to work with good people. Management and peers are easy to work with and knowledgeable of their jobs. Dropping enrollments makes long term employment questionable, but a good place to get experience.
You must be willing to wear many hats and have good customer soft skills.
Pros
Paid lunch, easy going work environment
Cons
Low advancement potential.
Not Bad
Success Leader/ Front Office Representative (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILDecember 7, 2017
I enjoyed my time at KC. The staff and facility work together, so that's always a plus. I miss working there. I had a student worker position, but it was a great experience.
worked with great people and was able to work around my class schedule
Student Worker - Library Clerk (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILNovember 13, 2017
Worked as a student worker and the job worked around my class schedule. Fellow employees were good to work with and helped me out when I needed assistance.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
had to be busy even when there wasn't work to do
Low pay, isolated position
Adjunct math instructor (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILOctober 27, 2017
As an adjunct instructor at Kishwaukee College, in comparison to many community colleges in the area, the pay was low. Also, I knew very few of the other instructors in my department. The building is big and isolating and I rarely saw other instructors because of an evening schedule.
Looking for change
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILSeptember 14, 2017
I am just looking for a change. I like the Instruction but this place has become unstable and management has started making irrational decisions about programs and their cost. Leaving out the benefits of the programs to the students interested and the community.
Productive and fun environment to work in
Student Worker/Library Assistant (Library) (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILMay 22, 2017
I loved my job at Kishwaukee College Library and the staff were really amazing people. Very friendly environment. Worked on my feet a lot. The management is great. The most enjoyable part of my job was my amazing employees.
Tutor
Math and Physics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILApril 11, 2017
A relaxed position when tests aren't near, but when they are, be ready to tutor several people at once. You must be ready to handle people with a lot of anxiety.
Administrative Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILMarch 28, 2017
Working at Kishwaukee College is great. The people are very nice and always accommodating for your needs. I am also a student at Kishwaukee, so they are always willing to work with your schedule.
Encouraging work environment, helpful coworkers
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILFebruary 19, 2017
My coworkers have been nothing but welcoming and responsive to any questions I have. The college does a great job of allowing professors to be free in their lecture and is very supportive.
productive, laid back, and caring environment
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILDecember 4, 2016
A typical day consisted of be given numerous tasks and choosing a few to do for that day, some had a higher priority so they would get finished first. each project was different and taught employees something new about technology. I learned how to install simple electrical devices up to complex assembly systems. Management was incredible, they really made employees feel cared for and safe even when dealing with potentially dangerous equipment. the hardest part of my job was getting more hours. the college had a set limit, however, because of a lack of funding I was lucky if I had 12 hours a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to take breaks whenever, having inspiring conversations with the manager, and learning about technology. Co-workers were easy to work with and students were enjoyable.
Pros
laid back, work at your own pace, lots to learn
Cons
Short hours
Solid place to work
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILJune 23, 2016
Enjoyed my time here..state budget an issue but the people are good people. Lots of room to grow, facilities are solid. Needs to work on growth issues as well as program development
Maintenance Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILJune 6, 2016
A typical work day always has something different to do to keep the building running correctly. We perform pre-maintenance on al equipment each month.
Family Friendly, Low Pay, Fun
Prefer anonymous (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILMay 19, 2016
Depends on job but you get off at 4pm everyday and can get home to your family, rarely do you have to stay late. generous vacation time plus sick plus personal plus Christmas thru New Year's plus major holidays plus snow days, generous paid time off. Pay is low but insurance costs are also low relatively speaking. We work hard but have fun with our coworkers. Cafeteria on site and free work out facility for employees.
Pros
Family friendly
Cons
Low pay
Very busy
HR Associate (Current Employee) –  Malta, ILOctober 18, 2015
Fun work place and a supportive management team. Willing to help you grow and learn new and exciting challenges. Management is willing to take time out and show you new documents and how they need to be done.
love my students and coworkers
Being a Clinical Instructor at Kish College (Former Employee) –  Malta, ILApril 29, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all my students graduate and become great techs. typical day was getting lecture plans ready and teaching the introductory class and going to clinical sites for the students.