Kisling, Nestico & Redick Employee Reviews

Room to grow
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Akron, OhioFebruary 2, 2019
There are not very many companies like KNR, especially law firms. They do care about their employees and the community they serve. While they are a business for profit they want those around them to profit as well. This is a growing company with growing pains here and there. Their expectations are that of any law office, but they are also willing to take a chance on those with little experience as long as they believe you can meet those expectations. If you are looking to be part of a growing company, grow yourself with that company and have a willingness to learn, then this is a great place for you. This is a client focused and goal oriented company, you take care of business on that end they will take care of you.
Pros
Casual days, 401k match, profit sharing, collaborative input
Cons
Immaturity with some employees
Excellent Company `
Litigation Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 2, 2019
I really enjoyed working with KNR. I just did not enjoy the 45 minute commute. I chose employment closer to work. Great coworkers. Great work ethic. Great training.
I love what I do
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 25, 2018
My typical day at work at KNR is extremely busy. Handled over 50 cases at one time. I enjoyed working for KNR but travelling to Fairlawn from Cleveland is now taking its toll. I enjoy what I do and would love to relocate.
Pros
Monthly Birthday Lunches, Team Work
loving
Legal Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHAugust 10, 2018
loved the environment, love the people I work with. plans just change and I need the opportunity to advance and do something more with my life rather.
Teamwork makes the dreamwork
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 31, 2018
KNR is a great place to work. They care about their employees opinions and happiness. Everyone is always willing to help each other out and be a team. They use your skill set and give you all of the materials you need to succeed in this field. They accommodate people with all types of experience including no experience at all. There is a lot of growth at KNR so you don't ever have to feel like your at a plateau in your work field. It is truly a wonderful atmosphere with amazing coworkers. Wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
Intake Department
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 3, 2018
Working at Kisling, Nestico and Redick is probably the best job I have had yet. There is a great community atmosphere and the firm shows a lot of employee appreciation. There are birthday lunches every month, casual days every Friday and events for employees to attend. The firm is always helping the community from the Turkey Giveaway every year to raising money for the Polar Bear Jump.
A day in the life at KNR :)
Pre-Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 22, 2018
Working at KNR is not typical by any means. This is a company that hired me, after being a stay at home mom for several years. I was hired in to one department and months later had the opportunity for promotion. I was then promoted to another department and a few years later, within that department, promoted to a higher level of my position. Dealing with clients and helping them through the process of their car issues, to their need for treatment, makes for a long day but a fulfilling one.

What I have learned:
KNR has continuing education classes once a month. From old/new procedures, to refresher courses, it is always beneficial to keep up on procedures.

Management:
In the time I have been here, KNR has grown immensely. Being in management in my past, constant changes comes challenges. It is all trial and error. With that being said I feel that management as a whole has been able to sharpen their skills and function much better as a whole.

Workplace culture:
Every day when I leave my family to come to work, I feel as if I show up to my second family. There are days we all get a bit stressed due to the high volume we all carry, but we are always pulling together as a TEAM when anyone needs any help.

Hardest party of the job:
The hardest part of my job is not being able to help the clients through all their pain and the financial hardships as quickly as I would like.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
The thanks I receive from our clients is the most satisfying and enjoyable parts of my job. So many clients come to us that have never been in
  more... their circumstances, and being able to help them through all aspects is very gratifying.  less
Pros
fun atmosphere, free lunch once a month
Cons
work load but then again that is job security!
KNR Toledo Team
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 3, 2018
KNR is a growing personal injury law firm that is very fast paced and has high expectations of their employees. If you are a hard worker and a stickler for detail the KNR Team would be a great fit for you.

The office is very friendly and we all work to help each other be the best we can be. Communication with clients is a top priority and is something that KNR takes very seriously, so you need to be willing and able to provide this service to all clients.

A typical day entails spending time listening and providing clients with the support they deserve, which at the end of the day creates a positive outcome for the client and the firm. I rely on my co-workers who are always there to help me and answer any questions I may have.

Management makes themselves available for guidance and support - all you have to do is ask and they are there. They have made great strides with the flexibility of employee schedules, including allowing some employees to work from home. I feel that they continually show their appreciate for the hard work and commitment of their employees, whether it is the monthly birthday lunches they provide, the casual Friday dress code or the extra days off around the holidays !

Although KNR has multiple offices throughout the state, I still consider them a family firm. I truly believe that each employee is important to them and that the relationship is one that is built on trust and hard work.

I am happy and proud to be a member of the KNR Team and I plan on being a member of this family until I decide to retire.
Pros
friendly work place, employees care about each other, rewarding work
Cons
high volume
Plaintiff litigation firm
Litigation Attorney (Former Employee) –  Boardman, OHDecember 22, 2017
Busy plaintiff litigation practice. A typical day involved meeting with clients, court appearances, depositions, negotiations, etc. This also included covering a large jurisdictional area.
If you want to worry about losing your job every day then this is the place for you.
Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 18, 2017
The management here is terrible. They are so contradicting, condescending and very rude. They tell you they are there to help but you get criticized for asking. Would not recommend unless you just need some money for the time being. After a few months of working here, you will stress not because of the job but also the security of keeping your job.
Face paced and a great working enviornment
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 10, 2017
I absolutely loved working at Kisling, Nestico & Redick. The attorneys are the best in the business. They work with their legal assistance and make them feel valued and appreciated. I have learned so much during my time there, and I am sad to leave.
Pros
active in the community, work perks, hotel discounts, cell phone discounts, birthday lunches once a month, pot lucks, etc.
Cons
high volume
Team knr
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 10, 2017
Working for a growing company is intimidating but rewarding. My position at KNR has a lot of responsibility but it keeps me on my toes. Providing customer service is important to KNR. My coworkers are also my friends, there's always someone to help me if I need it, management genuinely cares, lots of fun events too. I've never had a job where I feel comfortable and excited to come in everyday. I enjoy what I do and like the fact that KNR provides opportunities for growth.
Pros
Community events, free monthly lunches
Cons
Better health benefits
KNR is a great place to work.
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 27, 2017
I love working at KNR. From my first day on the job everyone has been so welcoming and helpful. I love that it is a fast pace environment. There is never a dull moment in my position and I get to experience many aspects of the firm. Everyone is there for you to answer any questions you have and always willing to help. I have learned so much in the time that I have worked at KNR. There are many perks for employees as well. We have casual Fridays and a free lunch every month to celebrate the birthdays. I love that KNR is a great company that gives back to the community. We have done many events to raise money for charities, donated items for hurricane Harvey and gave school supplies to children in need. Kisling, Nestico & Redick is an amazing place to work and an overall great company.
Pros
Casual Fridays and being able to do events that help the community.
Columbus office no management on site for paralegal staff, high volume does not begin to touch how much work there is to be done
Litigation Paralega (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43231August 29, 2017
Culture and climate is one of gossip with no management on site, where staff and attorneys compete for cases and there is little to be done for employees who wish to succeed. Turn over averages one employee per week - not an exaggeration. There is no consistency for training across the teams yet you are expected to CYA for all actions taken.
Pros
Great incoming pay, pick your own schedule, own office, monthly lunches
Cons
Immature staff, power hungry attorneys, no management on site
No direct management on site, minimal training, high turn over of staff in two offices, lacking process management, promote those who cause issues.
Litigation Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 4, 2017
Current litigation paralegal - very high turn over if you can outlast the rumors, high volume of cases (100-150) and changing directives from day to day.
Pros
Dress down days, one free lunch per month, private office
Cons
Most staff stay to themselves, lack of true team mentality, no direct management on site.
Great environment to learn and grow
Social media Intern (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 6, 2017
My experience as an intern at Kisling, Nestico & Redick has been everything one could want from an internship. I was made to feel comfortable from my first day on the job, thanks in large part to friendly and supportive coworkers. The greatest aspect of my time at KNR is that I have been trusted with actual, real-world work and I've been given the freedom to do it as I see fit. This real-world experience has been immensely helpful in learning more about the industry and what it demands. I would absolutely recommend KNR to anyone in search of an internship.
Pros
Positive work environment, strong emphasis on community service, supportive coworkers
Good Experience
Social Media Intern (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 6, 2017
A typical day at work for a social media/design intern would include working on projects for the firm at a reasonable rate and getting constant feedback along the way. I have learned so much about designing for a professional business and how to work and communicate with others to complete a project. The management was fantastic and super easy to get along and talk with. The hardest part of the job was designing for a law firm that sometimes restricts you to guidelines you have to follow. The most enjoyable parts of the job were seeing your work posted online, working at the blossom concerts, and interacting with management. I had a very rewarding experience here and would definitely recommend this job to others.
Pros
Experience, flexibility, and management
Hard at work
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJune 29, 2017
Had a lot of tasks to accomplish but do enjoy to be challenged.The most disappointing thing was not having health insurance and that there wasn't any vacation days.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no health insurance and no vacation days
Love what you do!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 20, 2017
As a current employee, I can say that I absolutely love this job. They are very flexible when it comes to my ever changing schedule and are more than happy to accommodate changes. I enjoy working in a fast paced environment and that is exactly how I would describe this law firm! Everyone is very eager to answer questions, and the departments have to work hand in hand to ensure that everything is done. A typical day at work entails communicating with all employees and clients, keep everyday tasks moving smoothly, and make sure that all time sensitive tasks are done in a timely manner. I have learned through this job, that nothing lasts forever and there is always room for improvement! If you are looking for a fast paced work environment, and a place to learn every day, this work place will be a great fit for you!
Pros
Birthday lunches for free, flexible with schedules
Cons
high turn over
I love my job!
Pre-litigation Attorney (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 7, 2017
If you're looking for a fast-paced, rewarding legal position, KNR is the place for you. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of issues within the scope of personal injury and the mentoring is fantastic.

The firm has grown exponentially in past several years, and with that comes growing pains. However, management has done a great job of working though those issues and continues to do so. They do a wonderful job of finding creative ways to show appreciation for hard work and commitment.

Also, the office culture is fun, relaxed, and friendly. We have frequent potlucks and monthly lunches to celebrate birthdays.
Pros
Free lunches monthly and a friendly environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kisling, Nestico & Redick. Our community is ready to answer.

Kisling, Nestico & Redick Reviews by Location