Kisling, Nestico & Redick

Kisling, Nestico & Redick Employee Reviews

United States84 reviews

firmbirthdayattorneylawcasualcommunitylunchmonth

Appreciates the employees!

I feel very appreciated at KNR. The business celebrates us with monthly birthday lunches, social media spotlights and fun events throughout the year. The turkey giveaway is my favorite event because the firm gives back to the community in such a huge way and no other business does that!

Pros

Free lunches, monthly marketing events, dress down days

December 13, 2021
Thank you for your positive and refreshing feedback! We appreciate the acknowledgment of what the Firm does both internally and externally!

Pay is very low.

This company makes a lot of promises to their employees that it does not follow through on. During my tenure there, my salary decreased because they took away profit sharing and bonuses and stopped giving annual raises. I spent years there and during my exit interview I expressed my frustration and was told that there was nothing HR could do and the partners would rather hire someone new than pay a senior employee what they deserve.

Pros

Casual dress

Cons

They take advantage of hard working people.

December 20, 2021
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is unfortunate you feel this way, as we pride ourselves on being transparent with all matters, including pay. KNR, like most of our communities, was impacted financially by the pandemic. However, with resilient and supportive team members we are on our way to recovery and were recently able to reward many of our team members. In addition to compensation, KNR continues to be a great place for those with a desire to help others, and our clients. Our team offers volunteer time off for community involvement and, in addition to PTO, we offer earned time off and will be implementing floating holidays in 2022. KNR also offers flextime, monthly birthday lunches, holiday bonuses and celebrate many fun holidays all in nice office setting. We provide training for many of our positions and promote from within whenever possible. While your experience did not seem to reflect these key areas, we do thank you for your sincere thoughts. We wish you the very best in future endeavors.

Kisling, Nestico & Redick insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Productive and fun work place

I recently started working here but I already feel comfortable. At first, everything is daunting but the trainers and managers work with you. Even other employees will help if they notice you’re having a hard time. Since I’m part time my days are short and I’m able to do other things, and before I know it it’s time to go home!

Pros

Short days, good pay, friendly coworkers, manageable workload

Cons

No Holiday pay if youre part time but can earn PTO

December 6, 2021
Thank you for your positive feedback! We do strive to be an employer of choice, and it is encouraging to hear that you see the efforts and are motivated by the team. We appreciate you and your thoughtful feedback.

awful

don't do it...company is broke af...knr pays their partners well and staff gets pennies. you will be micromanaged to tears and held immediately accountable for the constant changes...not a single department manager knows their actual duties nor how to manage

Pros

Cons

everything from day 1 of your training

December 6, 2021
While it is unfortunate that your experience was negative, we pride ourselves on being an employer of choice. We view the team as family and focus on working together and are always open to suggestions for improvement. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

KNR CARES! Rewarding, Exciting and Extremely Caring Company to work for!

Cannot say enough about this company. Not only do they offer competitive pay - they give more perks than any other company I know, from extra days off/extra PTO hours, floating holiday of your choice PTO, birthday lunches, fun contests and holiday celebrations, ability to attend a doctor appointment and not use your PTO, constant support from ALL staff….the list goes on. KNR Cares about the Community and goes out of their way to show it even paying employees to volunteer. Not only do they care about the Community…they care about their employees and I cannot say enough about how grateful I am. I work for one of the best Managers I’ve ever worked for, one of the best Attorneys I’ve ever known - your hard work does not go unnoticed.

Pros

Too many to list! LOTS of perks, free lunches, contests, and extra time off, great co-workers, amazing Managers and the best Attorneys

December 6, 2021
Thank you for the refreshing feedback! It is team members such as yourself that promote our reputation in our communities. KNR encourages open communication and works to resolve issues as they may arise. Challenging one another results in a positive employee experience and we thank you for the feedback!

I enjoy working at Kisling Nestico & Redick

Fun firm, no micromanaging, opportunity to work with different partners, lots of help in the beginning, friendly colleagues, achievable expectations, evenly divided workload, professional environment, reasonable hours.

December 6, 2021
Thank you for your review. It is a challenge at times to take a step back and acknowledge one another, but very much deserved and encouraging! We hope you continue to grow with KNR!

An Exceptional Employer

Let me just start off by saying, DON'T LET A FEW REVIEWS KEEP YOU FROM ACCEPTING AN AWESOME OPPORTUNITY. I've been working here since August of 2018 and I love it! I come to work, I do my best and in return they're good to me! We have awesome medical benefits, the pay is good and there is definitely room for growth! If you're willing to work, they are willing to back you 100% and help you with the tools you need to move up and excel within the firm. Not everything is perfect, but we have a very professional and unique work culture at KN&R. Somewhere between the laughter and the fun, we strive for excellence and making sure everyone on our team is equipped with the proper knowledge, resources and support needed to succeed while providing exceptional service to every single client that walks through our doors.

December 6, 2021
On behalf of all team members at KNR, thank you for such encouraging feedback! We view the team as family and focus on working together and are always open to suggestions for improvement. Thank you for your positivity!

Healthy work/life balance

I was never expected to put in extra hours or give any of my free time up to keep my job. I loved the emphasis they placed on employee well-being, especially mental health and stress. It’s good to see a firm putting actual effort into this.

All good things

I have nothing but good things to say about Kisling, Nestico & Redick. I’ve been in this industry for years, and it’s one of the few firms I’ve seen that goes out of its way to not only keep their clients satisfied but also their employees. You’re rewarded for all the hard work you put in and your contributions are always acknowledged.

February 22, 2022

Not bad

This job was my first time working in the legal industry, and although it was a little daunting at first, all of my coworkers were extremely helpful.Overall, they were a really nice group of people to work with. They offered help and advice when I needed it and took a step back when I understood my role and expectations. Management was always accessible, and I never felt intimidated or condescended to.All things considered, they’re a good firm and one I would recommend to others.

December 6, 2021
On behalf of KNR, we are genuinely appreciative of your review. We remain focused on supporting our team and encouraging candid conversations throughout the organization. Thank you again for your time, and wish you well in your future endeavors.

My experience at KN&R

I can’t speak to anyone else’s experience, but mine was nothing short of wonderful. I grew exponentially in my career, learned more about my craft, and honed my skills as an attorney. Each of the firm’s partners was a huge support for me in a different way, and I’m grateful for all of their guidance and advice.

October 18, 2021
We will ensure this message is passed along! Our leadership is dedicated to ongoing learning and some of our best solutions/ideas have come from communication across the Firm - from all levels. We are appreciative of each of our team members!

Great group of people

Run by the friendliest group of people you’ll ever meet! Everyone I worked with came to work with a smile on their faces. Anytime I had a question or needed help with anything my co-workers were more than willing to help. Upper management made themselves accessible and were approachable.

October 18, 2021
KNR works to consistently improve our culture, and reassurance that the little things really do make an impact is encouraging to hear! We genuinely appreciate your feedback!

The pay is unbelievable

VERY competitive pay. They quoted me a higher starting salary than any other firm I’d applied to work at. There were other factors that went into my decision, but I’d be lying if I said that wasn’t the main one.

July 6, 2021
Thank you for sharing your perspective. We do compensation reviews and adjust to market data where needed, but it is refreshing to hear that there were also other factors and encourage you to continue consistent dialogue with your leadership. Thank you!

Most improved!

For those of us who have been here since the old regime, there is no comparison. Looking at old reviews is about as useful as asking someone who’s never worked here what it would be like. The firm has done a complete 180 when it comes to prioritizing employee satisfaction and happiness levels. The environment is more supportive in every way, and the level of respect shown to every single employee regardless of their position and it’s “monetary value” is laudable. If someone is falling behind on a case, we’re all there to pitch in to get them caught up. The new culture is all about teamwork. Whereas before it was much more an “every man for himself” mentality. The firm offers full benefits (health, vision, dental, PTO, etc.). It’s still a very fast-paced environment, but that’s what makes it so much fun. It’s challenging in a good way. I believe that growing pains are just a natural part of working at a law firm, and I’m happy to say we’ve found our way through them and are finally coming together in the best interests of everyone equally.

October 18, 2021
KNR thrives to remain an employer of choice, and reviews such as yours encourages us to continue our efforts. Though the pandemic has had an impact on all of us, it is truly refreshing to hear that the KNR team continues to remain as strong as ever, and that is what makes us successful! Thank you for your review!

Low Pay, High Expectations, Unreasonable Goals

The only thing this company cares about is the bottom line and how they are perceived by the community. They don't pay their employees comparable to other firms in the area or care about employee well-being. The management is all about favoritism and setting unreasonable goals. The culture at this firm is demeaning and demanding, the benefits are minimal and not worth the cost.

July 16, 2021
Thank you for your candid feedback. As a firm, KNR does strive to remain as competitive as possible with market wage benchmarks, and sincerely appreciate each and every KNR team member. We wish your time with us resulted in a better outcome, but thank you for taking the time to provide a review. We will continue to strive to be a top employer and wish you the very best.

Surprisingly amazing

I never thought I would see myself working for a law firm, but here I am. I would be lying if I didn’t say my first few months were hectic. This company favors self-starters who don’t require a cattle prod to get stuff done. I’ve been pushed, challenged and driven to perform at levels I previously never thought I could. Sometimes it takes the right motivation (and good pay) to push you to go beyond your limits.

June 22, 2021
Thank you for your positive feedback!On behalf of KNR, we are genuinely appreciative of your review. We feel that motivated team members provide superior client service, which is KNR's goal! It is our most valuable asset, team members such as yourself, that promote our reputation in our communities. Thank you for the feedback!

Extremely fast paced, high emphasis on goals, expectations & requirements, fun atmosphere, outstanding co-workers!!

KNR is extremely focused on customer satisfaction. Employees are expected to meet goals and requirements at a thorough, fast pace. Friendly work environment.

May 17, 2021
Thank you for providing your feedback. We do strive for exceptional client service, and encourage our team members to support this strategic vision. We appreciate your time spent with us and encourage your continued growth and professional development.

Good company resources

There are many company resources at your disposal. I enjoy the work but I could do without the volume. It’s the type of place where you’ll learn more by doing because you’re in the thick of it day in and day out. I don’t see myself doing this forever but I’ll stick with it for the foreseeable future.

May 17, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. KNR does offer many resources and opportunity to those aligned with future goals. We appreciate your dedication and encourage you to speak with your manager or attorney to discuss your personal goals and see how we can align and support your growth.

Knowledgeable staff

For all the firms I’ve worked at, this one impressed me the most. The experienced attorneys and staff are highly experienced. They really knew their stuff. They made great mentors and even better friends. I still talk to several of the friends I made along the way even after I left.

May 17, 2021
Thank you for your note of positivity! We are truly grateful for every team member, current and former, as our culture has only improved and our Firm continues to grow. We wish you success in your future path, and encourage you to return if the opportunity presents itself. Thank you!

Not for some, perfect for others

Just like the title states, KNR is not for some but perfect for others. It’s a law firm after all. That means long hours, heavy caseloads, and frayed nerves from time to time. It can be chaotic and taxing on the mind and body. I thrive in these types of environments which is one of the reasons this firm attracted me. I enjoyed my time here but I know that others might be turned off by the demands of the job. Make sure you know what you’re getting yourself into prior to applying.

May 17, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to share your candid feedback. As a Firm, we do acknowledge the environmental factors that can impact our team and are focused on maintaining our reputation in the communities we are in. Our team members share in our successes and relying on one another will continue to be of utmost importance. Thank you again for your time, and wish you well in your future endeavors.

You’re rewarded for your hard work and dedication

Hard work and dedication don’t go to waste. On the contrary it’s openly acknowledged and encouraged by upper management. This job allowed me to help as many people as I could. It helped me to feel good about myself in a world where everything feels like its been turned upside down.

May 17, 2021
Thank you for your positive feedback! We agree that in this tumultuous time, having one another and providing the exceptional service our clients deserve unite us all and strengthen us as a Firm and community!

Common questions about Kisling, Nestico & Redick

Answered by current and former employees at Kisling, Nestico & Redick

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kisling, Nestico & Redick. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Kisling, Nestico & Redick in popular locations

• Kisling, Nestico & Redick
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?