Kisling, Nestico & Redick

Kisling, Nestico & Redick Employee Reviews

United States56 reviews
KNR cares. Now please care about our health insurance. We cannot afford the deductible. I want to stay at KNR. I won't be able to if our health insurance doesn't improve.
This company is absolute garbage. They pay horrible, treat their staff horrible, treat the clients horrible. If you want to work somewhere that is actually helping the clients and you feel like you are making a difference, this is NOT the place. All we do is take advantage of and screw clients left and right. There is literally nothing good about this company except a couple people who are decent firm wide. If you want to work somewhere that consistently puts you down and tells you how horrible you are, you get paid less than people working retail or in fast food, and are expected to work 60 hours a week within 40 so you don't get overtime, this is your place! You cannot trust anything or anyone in this company, it is all lies and there are so many lawsuits waiting to happen based on what goes down in the various locations.
February 6, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Reviews like yours, although difficult to hear, are very helpful to our leadership team. It’s extremely important that all of our staff feel appreciated and understand they are truly making an impact for our clients. Oftentimes speaking to your manager or HR about these issues makes all the difference. If you’re open to discussing your concerns, we certainly encourage you to do so.
I've done my part of going around the "block" with law firms and I've never stayed for over a year at a single firm. There weren't so many, but to make my point I just want to emphasize that I've been here 4 years and don't plan on leaving. This firm cares about their employees and their clients, which gives me an excellent opportunity to gain learn, gain experience, and do my job properly.
February 6, 2020
Great feedback! Thank you for your continued hard work and dedication to our clients!
A very serious, organized and experienced law firm. Learned a lot and even managed to create long lasting relationships with some of my co-workers. I was very well compensated and had the chance to learn a lot, but sadly had to leave due to private matters.
February 6, 2020
Thank you for sharing your experience! The positive feedback is appreciated.
There aren't many benefits that are really worth it in my opinion. The insurance offered isn't very good, and job expansion is frowned upon in my experience. Some of the people in upper management frown highly upon expanding job skills and experience, and discourage any actions other than the very basics of your job description. The communication concerning workplace policies is unclear between employees and is lacking clarity. Policies were not always followed by all employees, and some of the workers felt they were above the consequences of disregarding policies. It seems like the higher ups in some offices are free to do and say whatever they want without fear of repercussion, and it seemed like where they were concerned a blind eye was turned. There seemed to be a lot of double standards, and a lot of hostility when someone wanted the same respect they were demanded to give. It was not a comfortable environment to work in, although some of the employees were extremely pleasant to work with. I feared losing my job almost every day I walked in towards the end of my tenure with the comoany, and the mental and emotional stress and turmoil was too high for the amount of work that was actually getting done.
Pros
Free lunch once a month, was able to sometimes work at my own pace
Cons
Miscommunication, double standard, hostility, poor time management
February 6, 2020
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry you didn’t have the best experience and that you felt your efforts weren’t appreciated. Performing above essential job duties is helpful in most cases, but is something specific to an employee, their current responsibilities, and the discretion of their manager. As a firm, we encourage career growth and development, and we promote from within whenever possible. We are making great efforts to centralize and be more transparent regarding firm policies. We wish your time with the firm resulted in a better outcome, but appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention. Feedback like yours helps us to make improvements and create a better, more positive environment for our current team as we continue moving forward.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
If you want to be criticized daily and never be around upbeat management this is the place for you! The moral is lower than the pay which is garbage.

KNR does not care, it is complete scam. The HR department and operations play favorites and give bonuses to people they like and take away overtime for the rest of us. Run don’t walk from this company !
August 12, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience thus far. If you are open to working through some of these issues, we encourage you to have an open discussion with your manager. We hope we can turn this around for you. Our litigation team is important to the firm and we don’t want to lose anyone on our team.
I've been at Kisling, Nestico & Redick for about 4 years now. It is the 3rd law firm I've worked for since graduating college as a Paralegal. I can honestly say it's the best professional job I've ever had. Since I've arrived there, lots of changes have been made in a positive manner. Lunches were increased to an hour from 45 minutes, flexible schedule time for employees has been implemented, this year has offered the best health insurance plans to date, and a really great addition was profit sharing plan for us paralegals.

For me personally, it's a job that's rewarded my hard work. I try to come to work each day and get along with my coworkers and put my nose down and do my work as best as I can. Management has always rewarded me for this, whether free tickets to something or personally thanking me and noticing what I've done. I've been promoted recently to a Senior position and I really, really enjoy it. It wouldn't have happened had I not come to work every day and did my best. And that's what I recommend to anyone looking to work at KNR. It's not a job that just wants to hand out paychecks, it wants you to do good work and help the clients as best as possible for the best results. However, the hard work will not go unnoticed and you will be rewarded. That's been proven to me numerous times.

Also, another positive is the culture. KNR is not a stereotypical "uppity" law firm. It tries to be relaxed as possible. KNR is a high-volume firm and that can be fast paced. And Law itself can be difficult as not many people hire an attorney for a happy situation. But KNR does
 - more...
I didn't like it there at all, the attorneys are all rude and talk to you like your beneath them. There is a zero phone policy, you get a hour lunch and no breaks at all. Every day you get an email on a little mistake you made. You train for about 2 hours then you have to figure it out as you go. They are lying about over time because their is none. They say you can weekend Saturdays once they train you to fax and open cases, I was there 3 months and never be was trained.
Pros
They do allot of charity work
Cons
No breaks just lunch, no training, rude employees
KNR participates in many community based charitable events.

However, the company does not provide the same care for it's employees. Each office is different and there is a lack of cultural awareness and care amongst members of management and the HR department.
Pros
Great place to start your career
Cons
High level of micromanagement; no room for advancement; pay is not consistent with degree/experience
Working at KNR has been a please since day 1. Everyone is very friendly and is willing to help you out. We all look out for each other. KNR breaks the typical law firm stereotype of being boring, quiet and cut-throat. Everyone is respectful and hardworking. The attorneys are very approachable and fun to be around, whereas other law firms are very uptight. The company does everything in its power for its employees - there are dozens of perks of working here. They make it fun and keep employees engaged by offering monthly birthday lunches for the entire organization, jeans on Mondays and Fridays, company celebrations and parties, contests, flex time, and so forth. Further, the company will do everything to help you grow professionally, and as you grow, they will recognize you properly. This company heavily promotes from with in, and if you put the work and effort into your job daily, you will find great success. KNR is based on a solid foundation of leadership and expertise, and it is a very exciting to be apart of their continued success and growth.
Pros
Birthday lunches, jeans, flex time, incentives, good leadership, friendly atmosphere, nice building, good coffee
KNR offers a great salary/hourly compensation along with an outstanding benefits package and many other perks. The firm is active in giving back to the community and offers the opportunity to their employees to become involved. My experience is that every employee within the firm is willing to help one another when needed. We are a busy firm, but if you are willing to put the work in, your efforts will not go unnoticed! I have personally been promoted from within the firm. My experience with KNR has been both positive and enjoyable, and a great place to work!
There are not very many companies like KNR, especially law firms. They do care about their employees and the community they serve. While they are a business for profit they want those around them to profit as well. This is a growing company with growing pains here and there. Their expectations are that of any law office, but they are also willing to take a chance on those with little experience as long as they believe you can meet those expectations. If you are looking to be part of a growing company, grow yourself with that company and have a willingness to learn, then this is a great place for you. This is a client focused and goal oriented company, you take care of business on that end they will take care of you.
Pros
Casual days, 401k match, profit sharing, collaborative input
Cons
Immaturity with some employees
February 4, 2020
Thank you for the positive feedback as well as your hard work and dedication to serving our clients!
I really enjoyed working with KNR. I just did not enjoy the 45 minute commute. I chose employment closer to work. Great coworkers. Great work ethic. Great training.
My typical day at work at KNR is extremely busy. Handled over 50 cases at one time. I enjoyed working for KNR but travelling to Fairlawn from Cleveland is now taking its toll. I enjoy what I do and would love to relocate.
Pros
Monthly Birthday Lunches, Team Work
loved the environment, love the people I work with. plans just change and I need the opportunity to advance and do something more with my life rather.
KNR is a great place to work. They care about their employees opinions and happiness. Everyone is always willing to help each other out and be a team. They use your skill set and give you all of the materials you need to succeed in this field. They accommodate people with all types of experience including no experience at all. There is a lot of growth at KNR so you don't ever have to feel like your at a plateau in your work field. It is truly a wonderful atmosphere with amazing coworkers. Wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
Working at Kisling, Nestico and Redick is probably the best job I have had yet. There is a great community atmosphere and the firm shows a lot of employee appreciation. There are birthday lunches every month, casual days every Friday and events for employees to attend. The firm is always helping the community from the Turkey Giveaway every year to raising money for the Polar Bear Jump.
Working at KNR is not typical by any means. This is a company that hired me, after being a stay at home mom for several years. I was hired in to one department and months later had the opportunity for promotion. I was then promoted to another department and a few years later, within that department, promoted to a higher level of my position. Dealing with clients and helping them through the process of their car issues, to their need for treatment, makes for a long day but a fulfilling one.

What I have learned:

KNR has continuing education classes once a month. From old/new procedures, to refresher courses, it is always beneficial to keep up on procedures.

Management:

In the time I have been here, KNR has grown immensely. Being in management in my past, constant changes comes challenges. It is all trial and error. With that being said I feel that management as a whole has been able to sharpen their skills and function much better as a whole.

Workplace culture:

Every day when I leave my family to come to work, I feel as if I show up to my second family. There are days we all get a bit stressed due to the high volume we all carry, but we are always pulling together as a TEAM when anyone needs any help.

Hardest party of the job:

The hardest part of my job is not being able to help the clients through all their pain and the financial hardships as quickly as I would like.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

The thanks I receive from our clients is the most satisfying and enjoyable parts of my job. So many clients come to us that have never been in
 - more...
Pros
fun atmosphere, free lunch once a month
Cons
work load but then again that is job security!
KNR is a growing personal injury law firm that is very fast paced and has high expectations of their employees. If you are a hard worker and a stickler for detail the KNR Team would be a great fit for you.

The office is very friendly and we all work to help each other be the best we can be. Communication with clients is a top priority and is something that KNR takes very seriously, so you need to be willing and able to provide this service to all clients.

A typical day entails spending time listening and providing clients with the support they deserve, which at the end of the day creates a positive outcome for the client and the firm. I rely on my co-workers who are always there to help me and answer any questions I may have.

Management makes themselves available for guidance and support - all you have to do is ask and they are there. They have made great strides with the flexibility of employee schedules, including allowing some employees to work from home. I feel that they continually show their appreciate for the hard work and commitment of their employees, whether it is the monthly birthday lunches they provide, the casual Friday dress code or the extra days off around the holidays !

Although KNR has multiple offices throughout the state, I still consider them a family firm. I truly believe that each employee is important to them and that the relationship is one that is built on trust and hard work.

I am happy and proud to be a member of the KNR Team and I plan on being a member of this family until I decide to retire.
Pros
friendly work place, employees care about each other, rewarding work
Cons
high volume
Busy plaintiff litigation practice. A typical day involved meeting with clients, court appearances, depositions, negotiations, etc. This also included covering a large jurisdictional area.
The management here is terrible. They are so contradicting, condescending and very rude. They tell you they are there to help but you get criticized for asking. Would not recommend unless you just need some money for the time being. After a few months of working here, you will stress not because of the job but also the security of keeping your job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kisling, Nestico & Redick. Our community is ready to answer.