Kitchen Collection Employee Reviews

great workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAJuly 16, 2018
Awesome workplace. i love the environment. it’s a great place to be. everyone is always so friendly and nice not matter what. the store is always clean.
Pros
good breaks
Cons
no hours
A good job for a high schooler
Manager (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEJuly 8, 2018
I worked here for 10 years.. from high school started at rhe bottom and worked up to branch manager... Horrible management..! I remember it was 2013, i was just married and had my first child... they called to tell us they were cancelling our health insurance within a month! You will work every holiday, weekend and kill yourself for a company that would replace you in a heart beat if you died and wouldnt care.. manager before me worked there for 30 years.. the came in one day and just told her that he time was done and to leave the store.... .... WHAT! Dont make a career out of this company... i cant believe they are still operating honestly!
Pros
Good highschool mall job
Cons
Everything!
I wish they was still open at the location I was at.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 29, 2018
Kitchen Collection was a great place to work. I really wish the location I was at didn't close. I did alot of hiring and also inventory. I took the morning deposit and night deposits to the bank. They opened a new location at the outlet mall now.
Pros
Cons
They closed down my location
Average retail experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Birch Run, MIMay 27, 2018
Co-workers were great but management was lacking. Frequently they would disappear into the back and offer very little assistance. The days weren't very busy which provided a lot of down time to complete other tasks. Taught me my customer service skills. Hours were severely lacking as 10 hrs a week was the norm.
Pros
Great coworkers, decent discount
Cons
Management, lack of hours
First JOB
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLMay 23, 2018
Was fun selling pots and pans to older people and getting to know customer service and the retail side of things as a first job. Very flexible with hours and timing.
Slumping sales cutting into payroll budget
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Troutdale, OR 97060May 1, 2018
Facing a downward trend in sales the first thing to be cut is the payroll budget. Scheduling is bare bones coverage. Finding staff who are able to fill the available shifts is a challenge.
Packed store with lots of merchandise- much of it is unneccessary
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 22, 2018
It can either be fast paced or slow for hours with not much to do. I could usually find something to do, but I struggled with some of Corporate rules- We weren't allowed to play music, which many customers commented on and made for long, boring days for the employees.
Poor upper management
Retail manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 12, 2018
I was a salaried manager .Upper management was constantly on my back about working more .when i started min hours were 44 when i left i was working 60.small raises .Nothing is ever good enough for them no matter how hard you work .and those sexret shopper reviews are ridiculous when you have 30 people in the store and you get written up because you didnt suggest another item .Salary is low for the work load and unloading pallets in rain and 100 degree weather in dress clothes doesnt cut it then having to price sticker all of it.inneficient way to handle inventory!it should already be priced and brought into the store not 100 yards away.to load on carts and haul into store
Pros
If you like retail place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Queen Anne's County, MDApril 10, 2018
Unloading tractor trailers of merchandise in 100 degree weather is bad, holiday season shopping is hard, always watching for shop lifters is always going on, its retail so it is what it is
Pros
I had a great staff to work with
Cons
receiving merchandise was rediculus
Fun place to work..with lots of kitchen gadgets!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OH 45601April 7, 2018
Excellent place to work if you love cooking and kitchen gadgets! I loved working during the holiday season and helping customers find the perfect gift for their loved ones!
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
No healthcare insurance
good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Girardeau, MOApril 3, 2018
Loved working there. So many different items. Decent hours and pay. Good insurance and benefits. Customers were always friendly and loved all the new gadgets
Not enough hours
3rd. Key holder/Manager (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 13, 2018
I was a key-holder/manager, helping customers and handing cash, closing the and opening the store, they had no benefits and no vacation nor sick time off, not a set days or hours to work
Pros
A manager position
Cons
not really
Slow pace selling kitchen supplies
Burlington Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAMarch 7, 2018
Always waking around and stocking shelves in between assisting customers. The customer base is definitely lacking and could use quiet a bit of marketing to attract people to the malls.
Productive and fun easy going environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Crossville, TNMarch 6, 2018
I twerking for kitchen collection the people were great the management was okay I love the job and the people helping people suggesting sales and seeing what came in from week-to-week merchandising and getting to know the product and pushing myself to see if we can meet the goals provided by company.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Good work environment reasonable hours
Overall pleasant
Cashier and Sales (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMarch 2, 2018
The interview process was thorough and expedient, covering the basics of the position and whether or not I would be a good fit. Interviewer remained professional and I felt at ease during the process.
Pros
Employee discounts, friendly staff, excellent location
Cons
Small space
A great team to work with.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 1, 2018
Work as manageable. A times it was slow but it always picked up in the evenings and on weekends. The team members were kind and understanding. Working with them was a treat.
Fast paced friendly enviroment
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, TXFebruary 7, 2018
Clean
Stocked
Friendly
Demos
Customer's from everywhere go here its set in a prime outlet mall where there's a lot of high traffic right off the freeway .
Pros
Demonstrate new products
Cons
Too far apart
Great place for foodies
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORFebruary 2, 2018
This chain of stores is great for those that love to cook and enjoy the gadgetry and equipment. You learn far more about the quality of products than you could from the cooking shows.
A good store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 1, 2018
This is indeed a good store with great employees. Management is nice. They really care about the customers and are knowledgeable about their merchandise.
Great place to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJanuary 31, 2018
Management is great all of the time. A typical day of work is fun and challenging as it should be. I learned how to improve my people skills in jut a few days.The hardest part of the job would be learning all the products in the store while the most enjoyable part is interacting with people all the time.