Kiwi Country Day Camp

Working at Kiwi Country Day Camp: 27 Reviews

United States27 reviews

freedaypayworkingworklunchstaffchild

Fun place to work but low wages

Great place to work, The management and coworkers were great and I felt supported by my supervisor when dealing with parents. My only complaint is that the pay is not high enough.

Pros

Food, management

Cons

pay

Productive and Fun Workplace

Loved working here. Being able to help the children and watch them grow throughout the years is an amazing thing to see. Unfortunately the pay was horribly low and I was unable to continue working there due to insufficient pay, which is a shame. It would have been worth it if we got paid more and instead of free Kiwi themed socks and water bottles actually got the money for it. Very close knit group, had a nice family/work feel, just not worth it for the pay

Kiwi Country Day Camp insights

• Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

Fun workplace

The camp was fun for the campers, there are a lot of activities for them to do like swim, jump, sports, cooking, and tech. The downside was that the staff is underpaid even if they receive gratuities that are not manditory.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Forced to go into the pool

A great place to work at!!

I work with a great group of people and I spend 8 weeks outside everyday getting exercise and teaching campers to face their fears. At Kiwi, I work for outdoor adventure. High ropes course and zipline.

Not Paid Enough For The Work Expected

way understaffed and i was expected to care for 20 kids all on my own when my cocounselor didn’t show. the pay was not reflective of the work expected

Pros

Lots of fun activities for the kids to keep them busy

Cons

understaffed, intense work expected with not decent pay, the company favors the counselors who grew up there, very clique

mediocre

I really enjoyed working there and formed strong relationships with my campers. But, since I was only 17 they got away with getting payed 2 dollars an hour. I did not feel respected or appreciated by the higher ups.

Fun & educational

this was a special event where we assisted the senior counselors in the supervision of younger children with games and activities for the day & overall care

Unfair pay for stressful work environment

Summer camps do not pay that well, but Kiwi pays very low for what they expect out of an individual. They expect you to plan a curriculum, attend unpaid orientations (multiple days) and attend meetings every morning that aren't always relevant to your position. They should pay better and be more selective with who they hire for areas. There were so many safety issues from counselors not paying attention to campers, to lifeguards ignoring campers Kiwi wants to make it seems like they are one big family, but that is far from true. You have to kiss up to make it far there, even if you work incredibly hard. If you don't, it's like you don't exist.

Pros

Free Lunch, Outdoors

Cons

One short lunch break, low pay, required unpaid extras

Very fun workplace

I would recommend KCDC to anyone who has a passion of working closely with children. I have worked there for two years and both have been truly amazing.

A nice outdoor setting to work in.

A nice outdoor setting to work in. Start at 8:00. Day ends at 3:30 - 4:00. Nice co-workers and managers. Pay is very low, but somewhat compensated by great outdoor space and atmosphere.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Low Pay

Great Job

Great people and a great environment, I liked the fact that I was able to mature and grow as a person. The staff is awesome and everyone cares about each other.

Unfair and Toxic Environment

First off the head faces of the company are understanding and workable. The only problem with this is they don't communicate effectively enough with the division leaders or management in charge of main workers. It's a stressful job, no break, hours on end for in heat, unrealistic demands and there is no pleasing anyone. It felt like being on a horrible reality tv show where all the co-workers do is try to make themselves look good by throwing you under the bus. Very immature environment, tons of gossip, unprofessional, everyone taking their job out on you because everyone is underpaid and not taken care of. They will rip if you don't kiss up, watch out for mind games because everyone is on a carnal power trip. Even the bosses and management will be fake to your face, tell you are doing great no need for improvement then roast you. Very unprofessional and toxic place to work.

Pros

Working with children

Cons

No breaks, Underpaid, Unrealistic, Toxic

Poor Management

No cleanliness, and treatment of counselors like they are worse than dogs. No breaks, get criticized for breathing. Hazing is required for staff to get any kind of positive feedback where you are forced to have children pie you in the face or bathe in a pond which can get you sick. They give their employees three t-shirts for the 5 day work week. Meanwhile they are forced to stand in the blazing heat all day long sweating perfusely while listening to miserable children who are forced to do activities all day long.

Cons

no breaks

Great for young adults in need of a summer job!

It was a wonderful summer job for me at the time! I was in college, and I had the chance to work as an aid for a boy with Autism. I had the best summer working there!

Safe and fun place

Was a great experience and amazing people. Loved interacting with the kids and staff. Learned that it takes a lot of patience and effort to be in charge of so many kids.

Horrible work place

Poorly managed, the staff is mean and the days were not well organized. They are not understanding of people having possible other commitments outside of camp.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No breaks and bad pay

Busy and Scheduled Environment

At the start of each day I unpacked the kids back packs and took their lunch orders. Throughout the day I had to be mindful of allergies and other illnesses as well as regulating the interpersonal relationships of the campers while ensuring their safety. I predominantly worked with my peers.

Pros

free lunch, swimming on hot days

Cons

no breaks, long hours

Fun place to work horrible pay

One of the best jobs to have when you are looking to build your resume. If you're looking for good pay this is not the job for you. Last director only cared about himself and the money his wife was a sweetheart and the rest of the staff is like family. Be careful in this job because staff likes to gossip

Pros

free lunch

Cons

horrible pay

Busy exciting establishment

A typical day at work was very busy interacting with children. My position was to oversee the children during their day at day camp, making sure they were safe.

Kiwi Country Day Camp

This camp really has made me a better person and has exposed me to so many new a different people. The staff there is like a family and our collective focus never strayed from the children's safety. At the pool we had a wonderful boss who made the environment safe and comfortable. We all worked together extremely well even when we were faced with challenges. It wasn't uncommon to see all of camp work together under managements guidance to solve a problem.

Pros

Positive work enviroment

Cons

Not year round

Fun environment

Fun place to work, great staff. Great environment and fun place to be. Feels like a family when you’re there and you can be as goofy as you want during the day while being professional.

Common questions about Kiwi Country Day Camp

Answered by current and former employees at Kiwi Country Day Camp

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kiwi Country Day Camp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Kiwi Country Day Camp Reviews by Location

Learn about Kiwi Country Day Camp in popular locations

• Kiwi Country Day Camp
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?