KIXEYE Employee Reviews

Great team, great managers, legacy product, shortsighted executives
Gameplay Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 18, 2018
My team at KIXEYE was unique. We had apparently no drama; we were close, diligent, and professional, and we typically had a sharp focus on what we needed to get done. We were almost never overworked, and the one time we were, the managers learned from it.

Our legacy product was a golden goose— keep it and its players happy and healthy, and it will generate lots of revenue fairly consistently. The executives tried a couple times to mess with things for short-term goals, and they brought long-term detriment. In hindsight, there is not so much wisdom at the C-level.
Pros
Paid well, treated well; free lunches two days of the week; folks were professional
Cons
Bad exec-level choices
Great people but out of touch upper management
Associate Software Quality (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 1, 2018
The people I worked directly with were friendly, knowledgeable, helpful and great to work with. It was clear that people who worked there knew what they were talking about and those in technical management positions were on the whole also experienced programmers.

However, fluff communication and the tendency to massively overreact were plentiful in upper management, which caused middle management to stress excessively, bringing down everyone. That combined with regular sudden and unexpected layoffs meant that job security was never certain.
Pros
Catered lunch, good healthcare package, great coworkers
Cons
twitchy management, always afraid of suddenly getting fired for no reason
Great place to learn, bad place to advance
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 29, 2018
KIXEYE was an amazing place to work at. It was my first analytics-related role. Everyone wears a lot of different hats, which pushes them outside of their comfort zone and helps them learn a TON. I'm still grateful for everything I learned there to this day. I still draw on different aspects of my job there in my current role.

However, management would constantly shift prioritizes, wasting people's time and work. Employees would bond in solidarity over all the craziness, which was great. However, we felt that management was not organized and that came from the top.

Also, most people were underpaid and overworked. But we kept going because of our passion for the industry as well as belief in each other.
Pros
Great co-workers, opportunity to wear different hats in your role, learn a lot about product development, office in San Francisco Financial District
Cons
Did not give raises often, did not promote often, management constantly shifting priorities
Was a great company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 30, 2018
I started under a great manager that ended up leaving due to the stress at the company. The new manager was spineless and looked more at how to point fingers at problems than to help solve them. That caused more problems to arise as those working under this manager felt they needed to cover themselves to protect their jobs.

The culture is horrible and the upper management seems to hate the customers with their constant drive at doing everything possible to cause the most pain while the players play the game.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor management, stress induced work environment with lack of care for the customer.
the worst place I've ever worked
Principal Data Scientist (consulting) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 23, 2018
when one talks about Culture at Kixeye, it turns out it means a petri dish. Never have I seen such a manifestation of all that is wrong with Silicon Valley "bro" culture, with none of the redeeming benefits.

This is a company firing on all one cylinder. Management wants data that re-enforces its pre-conceived notions, and if the data doesn't comport with that , well, let's just get different data.

The CEO berates employees regularly. The only thing missing is the Orange Hair and the tweets. Games that should have been released quickly rarely get to fruition due to constantly changing requirements.

Oh, wait the food twice a week was pretty ok

I was so glad to leave, worst experience ever.
Great and passionate coworkers in a good enviornment
Game Designer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 20, 2016
I worked with some of the most passionate people at KIXEYE. I felt like part of the team but also had a lot of autonomy. Some of the business decisions were questionable but the day to day was great and the company offers a rewarding work life balance.
You must be into gaming
Game Tester (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 20, 2015
working everyday in a tech environment. Must have an outgoing personality and a sense of humor. If you love gaming this job is game friendly.
Pros
very fun work place.
Cons
you sit in front of a computer the whole time.
Fun workplace loaded with talent.
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 9, 2015
KIXEYE was an awesome place to work, blending equal parts talent, productivity, compassion and fun.

I was part of a very friendly department, in an exceptionally friendly company. Most of the employees got along very well, which further prompted better productivity and accountability.

I would easily return to KIXEYE if possible, and wish them nothing but success.
Good place to work with great people
UI Artist ∫ Delivered but UX and UI (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 5, 2015
The people working at KIXEYE are easily the best part about the company. Upper management isn't that great. I learned a great deal working there, which was what I was working there for.
.Fun culture- lots of work
Fraud and Payments Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 27, 2015
.This is a company of gamers making games for gamers. Gaming is a big part of the culture and a big social aspect. Management is ever changing and the expectations are high.
Kixeye
Director of Technical Operations (Current Employee) –  San Francisco CaMarch 26, 2014
Very hectic high velocity company with some of the most talented people I have ever worked with.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
To much emphasis on non related tasks