KKW TRUCKING INC
Work wellbeing score is 76 out of 100

KKW TRUCKING INC Employee Reviews

United States101 reviews

drivertruckequipmentlowfamilyfriendlycompanygood

Productive and pleasant workplace overall

What is the best part of working at the company?Enjoyed my job, most of the drivers and the coworkers I worked side by side with. Enjoyed my job.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?The drive home. Honestly sometimes the drivers who wouldn't learn the new devices or the communication barriers were kind of stressfulWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?Helpful. Everyone wants all to succeedWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Busy, accomplished, learning, growing each day.

No Miles

They start out giving you miles and then you get to stay home for two weeks and only get 1800 miles when you do go back out. Would not recommend for veteran drivers. They hire rookies and you get stuck fixing flat tires on trailers. I have over a million and a half miles under me so I do know what I am talking about! If you are a new driver they will love you! Go for it!

Pros

Home-time

Cons

No miles

KKW TRUCKING INC insights

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

A great starting company.

I got my CDL a week in half before I appiled here. My company took a long time to take me as their driver but KKW picked me up in less than 2 days. So KKW is a great company to work for and I feel they pay decent and they give decent hours. I wish there was KKW where I now live but I have nothing but good to say about KKW

Pros

Pay is decent for local, benefits, ESOP? Clean Trucks

Cons

Pay could be a little more for my liking.

Putting you're CDL at risk working here.

Not much to say. Standard trucking gig, problem arises when management consistently tries to get you to violate weight restrictions to deliver stuff, and also does nothing to fix the constant light issues on their trucks.

Unfair

I was treated unfair on Perris account ,hopefully things are okay nowadays, overfill company is good place to work ,good some extra work wasn’t enough for pay ,that’s why I left

Fair pay

Great orientation! Good management! Older trucks and trailers with a few problems but always quickly resolved. Dispatch will work with you on trips and home time! Friendly people and clean facilities. Overall would work for KKW Trucking again!

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

Traffic

KKW is a great place to work as newer equipment Dispatch kind of hard to get a hold of but overall great woodwork would recommend working here great place for new drivers to start and get experience over the road

Meh

350 miles per dayToo much sittingUnorganized dispatchDecent equipment Favoritism in runsDecent home time Good for beginners company. Ok drivers and maintenance

Not any better than the bigger companies

Not as much freight as the larger companies and too much downtime in between loads . Driver managers don’t seem to care if you’re making money or not. They push the employee owned angle but really no different.

Pros

Trucks are OK

Cons

Bad planning, not so good night and weekend support. Inconsistent pay.

What is the best part of working at the company?I get home time whenever I request it.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?It truly is a very low stress company to work for. My stress comes from all the bad drivers on the road, who really don't know how to drive their vehicle around the presence of a Semi Rig.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very friendly, and very helpful. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Miles and miles of driving, eating, and then sleeping.

Excellent company to be a part of

this company truly does care about it's drivers and all employees, they are always working on ways to help and improve to keep up with the ever changing things faced in trucking industry this day and time...

Meh

Experience grind company, good equipment but very low $. Do your 6mo and get out. Require no experience which is good. Dispatcher treats you like a number nothing more.

Full time work for part time pay

I was out of this company in under 3 months. If you have no life and want lots of time sitting in your truck instead of driving this is the company for you. If you only want to drive 300 miles a day. You will love KKW. If you want to drive 11 hours a day, run 700 miles a day. Make good money while away from home. Look elsewhere. No way your getting any of that at KKW. They do have nice trucks. But no idle and no inverters. Probably the worse company I have ever worked for in my life.

Pros

Pretty trucks

Cons

No miles = no money.

Productivity

Low mileage. They give you less than 2k miles a week. My average payroll is not enough to provide my family, and if was not my wife I was in a really bad situation…

Fair pay

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

Traffic

Good place to get experience

Treated well, but no miles, lot of favoritism between dispatcher and family and friends , notify dispatch when load has been delivered and wait for the next load sometimes right away other times wait for over 24 hours until next load is found, spend more time waiting empty than driving loaded

It’s a job

They don’t keep their promises or uphold other promises. Their pay raises for drivers is a joke. 1/2 cent for 55k miles when I was told .01 every 50k. Starting pay .51 every mile. You’re lucky if you make 2,000 miles a week. Maintenance doesn’t know what they’re doing, same problems are popping up on my truck and not being fixed.

Steer away

Low miles, low pay, but nice trucks and treated well. I wouldn’t recommend to someone. Do not get on the Georgia pacific account the miles are not there

Productive, coworkers are willing to help you out

My terminal specifically kept us busy but not so much we are overworked, the manager at my terminal was probably the best I will ever have, if you work with him - he will work with you. Integrity and safety are the number one things here at this company. I would say that communication, all around, could improve, as well as, actually implenting solutions so everyone is happy and secure. There also should be an actual training program. The benefits are not half bad but it's expensive. Beware, this is very customer based, so you could have a short day or a long work day.

Great for beginners

If you have more then 6 months experience and stay here your a good employee!! Lul!! Can’t wait till I have 6 months in and can get better pay miles they start at .52 ,, I guess 66 is if you have years experience

Awesome people and great company to work for

I really enjoyed working here, everyone was great to work with! Very team oriented and focused! The drivers were awesome as well and really made the job that much easier!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KKW TRUCKING INC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare KKW TRUCKING INC with

• Transportation & Logistics
  • KKW TRUCKING INC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?