KKW TRUCKING INC Employee Reviews

Nice work place
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAOctober 8, 2018
Working at KKW was what I was looking for at the time. Then life changed so the job has to change. Great company. They look out for their drivers. Lived writing there.
Kkw
Local Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 26, 2018
KKW just gets the trucking industry, their work environment is the best everyone is so nice and friendly and always willing to help you best place I’ve ever worked by far. Stress free and always has work for you from line haul to local they work with you on if you wanna go home or stay on the road and get miles would highly recommend working here
Pros
Stress free and friendly people
Cons
Great place to work with decent pay. Not a high turn over
Driver (Current Employee) –  Puyallup Valley, WAJuly 1, 2018
I work local in Puyallup. Home every day. A few drivers go out for about 2 days but there home pretty frequently. A few of us have set routes but do have to go to other places if needed. If you want money there is work. Account manager will keep you busy. Benefits are ok.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Not much team work
Great place to start as a new Driver
Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  San Leandro, CAMay 3, 2018
pros: great management, regular benefits, once you know what to do you are on your own "No Micromanaging", easy work

Cons: Low pay, Pay for benefits is too high, old trailers, if your tractor needs maintenance you need to be on top of management
nice work out room
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 25, 2018
Good Place to work Open door to any one you need to talk to from the shop-dispatch-payroll-all the way up to the owner.Nice Equipment
trucks volv o and kw . most of the trailer are 53 ft some 28 ft
Pros
Good place to work if you need to home they will get you there
Cons
Nothing bad to say
Its ok but but NOT enough money to make a good living
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAApril 2, 2018
Company is only good to get experience ! Not much for advancement here! Equipment is good ! Benefits suck! Finding empty trailers is a nightmare because sometimes you cant find any! And your clock is ticking and you dont get paid for that ! You only get paid to drive...thats it! This company pays low wages ! I was taking home $600-700 a week ! And when it got slow they would leave you stranded on the road with no layover pay! That was the worst!
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay/benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMarch 19, 2018
I enjoyed working for KKW and was sad to have to leave due to changes that were unavoidable. I really liked everyone I worked with and felt I had a good relationship with them.
You better like to drive....Like REALY LIKE TO Drive!!!
Over the Road Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 6, 2018
I was based out of Pomona which is 15 minutes from Kkw corporate office. I would usually start my week by picking up a loaded trailer at a local distribution center, i.e. Lowes or some other company. I would then take this trailer to a Lowes store near the Bay Area. After dropping off the loaded trailer I would hook up to the empty KKw trailer that would already be at the Lowes store, then wait for Dispatcher to send me to a local company to either "Drop and Hook" or "Live Load". That's basically what the job consists of, Kkw runs the 11 western states. For me Backing was always challenging, just when I thought I got the hang of it im at a business that is clearly not designed for a 53' foot trailer. The job isn't particularly difficult, Going to an unfamiliar state to an unknown company is stressful. II would recommend Kkw to anyone wanting to get into trucking, they are a small company and the treat you like family, Will is one of the Driver Managers and he is probably the best Manager I have worked for. I would still be working for them If I hadn't made some stupid decisions regarding my personal life.
Pros
Small Company, New Volvo trucks, Dispacthers work with you
Cons
pay, Overall Trucker lifestyle (Not Kkw Fault)
Great company to work for. If someone says otherwise their just a hater.
Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2017
Work consist driving a truck and trailer combination for a minimum of eight hours. Picking up freight and delivering it to its destination. Management was helpful and professional at all times. They do great job of listening to their drivers request and will try hard to accommodate reasonable request. The workplace culture is awesome, its a small outfit so everyone gets to know each other. The most difficult thing about being a line haul driver is being away from home, although it should be mentioned that with KKW you are never more than two days travel time from home. The best part of working with KKW was the people the environment is professional and productive. Also they take care of their drivers. One of the best companies i have ever worked for!
Pros
Good pay and benefits with quality people in all positions.
Cons
The work verses home home life can be challenging.
Great place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 17, 2017
Everyone I worked with was friendly and helpful. These guys really care about getting the drivers home when they need to be.
I would still be there if family issues didn't demand me being available to travel for the next couple months.
Pros
Good home time.
Cons
Multi-stop loads sometimes.
fun place to work
Trailer Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 7, 2017
every one wants to be a supervisor, by getting the "LIST" of trailers or tractors that need PM. overall is good working the 4days 10 hours shift. work on your own time
Work
Owner/Operator (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 18, 2017
Okay pay when they have loads. They take a little longer then I would like to repair the truck when it's down. As a owner op if the trucks down I'm not making any money.
Long Haul Truck Driver, Drop and Hook (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJuly 11, 2017
It's a great company to work for, some of the dispatch are nice but that's family.when you are ready to get home thay will work you home,if you want extra days off you can have it.
Pros
Love coming to work
Cons
When its slow you hace to wate.not long .it's just part of the business.
Productive fun place to work
Currently driver (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 23, 2017
Great company for both experienced and inexperienced drivers very family oriented everyone is respectful gets home when you want to great rider program great equipment
Pros
Great equipment professional dispatch treats everyone with respect
Cons
KKW Trucking is a great place to work!
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 5, 2017
KKW Trucking offers great pay, has friendly staff and friendly dispatch, and is family minded! We've been in business since 1962 and still going strong! Join our fleet/staff and see for yourself!
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Family Oriented, Continued Growth
Opportunity for growth
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAJune 3, 2017
KKW has been my home for the last 15 years. While employed with the company I've been fortunate to grow within the company and grateful for the opportunities the company has given me. I've seen many success stories over the the years from former drivers becoming a lease purchase Owner Operator, Driver Manager, Training Manager, Shop Manager and Operation Manager. Former Detail Truck Washers become a mechanic and administrative staff grow from an assistant to supervisor or manager. I'm proud to be part of a team with endless opportunities.
Pros
Stability & growth
Flexible with hours
Payroll Clerk for FTS (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 7, 2017
The company enjoys having luncheons for the employees and drivers. We have Medical insurance and 401K which is company matched and is great but the cap out is $15. Insurance goes up but the salaries do not. They do not adjust salary for cost of living.
Pros
medical insurance
Cons
no increases
great place to be.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 22, 2017
home at the end of your 80, most of the time if you make it the trucks are great, and the work environment is amazing when you are at the home terminal in pomona, ca.. showers, gym, washer and dryer, personal company van to run errands while stuck in pomona, ca other then pay being a little low, overall i would recommend kkw to anyone starting out in the trucking industry
Pros
great company
Cons
pay
Good place to start out your career
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAAugust 5, 2016
Pay was low. I sat in UT for 2 days before I got a load from the dispatcher. Notin a hurry to get you home. Equipment was Ok. Training was not good.
Pros
Small company
Cons
Not enough miles and pay
Gina and Will rock!!
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 16, 2016
I enjoyed my time there working as a local driver out of Bakersfield. Unfortunately the local position went away and I was kinda forced into line driving. No more hourly pay, now cents per mile and didn't equal the same. I was now picking up loads waiting hours and dropping off loads waiting hours so long that I would have to layover at the customers place. I left when my mother died but the one thing that bothered me the most was the driver manager Susie didn't give two cents! As my mother laid dying of cancer I was made to drive from Bakersfield to LA to deliver a so called hot load and then clean out the truck in Pomona. She told me I have a driver waiting to drive you back to Bakersfield. She sure did 12 hrs later!! She didn't care that I was catching a plane that day and my mother passed away just before I could get there. Then I was told if I stayed more than 30 days on a personal leave it was job abandonment. So I left and never returned even though I was ready to the fifth week. I found another local job paying more and I'm home everyday off weekends.
Pros
Dispatcher who was cool and pretty much did what you wanted
Cons
Too many hrs loading and unloading with no compensation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KKW TRUCKING INC. Our community is ready to answer.