KKW TRUCKING INC

KKW TRUCKING INC Employee Reviews

I really liked working for KKW IN ARIZONA I learned quick and enjoyed it. Unfortunately I was forced to move back to illinios at last minute. Really wish I could of stayed.
Pros
Nights and weekends off
April 13, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience! If you ever find yourself back on the West Coast, please reach out to us.
Good company. Too many runs with less than 400 miles. If you can stick it out worth joining as employee owned means extra profit for drivers. Great company if you like being home every weekend.
Pros
Employee owned
Cons
Not enough runs over 600 miles
April 13, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate the feedback about the short runs. We have recently been looking at how to increase the length of haul as some drivers prefer longer runs. We will continue to strive to improve.
Power hungry sellin’, employees in a human grocery store! It’s proud of a culture of burnin and churnin drivers souls, their personal well being and eventually their families.
I have been with this company over 11 years as a driver. First year was long haul and the last 10 have been local. It's a good company with a lot of good and friendly people working there. My boss is easy to work with and I almost always get the days off that I request. Benefits are pretty good. Now here's what I don't like about this company. The pay! I have been making the same per hour for 6 or 7 years! I'm at the "cap" for local drivers. Why? Why is there a cap? I have nothing to hope for or strive for. I'm making about $4 less per hour then the average here in So Cal. The cost of living keeps going up but my wages do not. They do pay overtime which is great, but I have to work 50 to 60 hrs or more per week and even then I'm barely making it. This is a good company to start your driving career at but don't expect to stay here. I'm in the process of finding a job with another trucking company. It's hard to leave after 11 years but what am I supposed to do?
Pros
Great people. Decent benefits.
Cons
Bad pay. No hope of a raise.
April 13, 2021
Thank you for your honest feedback, we appreciate it. We have recently increased the pay packages for many of our work groups to stay competitive but will continue to strive to be better.
The not to lengthy application was easy to fill and and email back to the company for consideration for my possible employment. The office staff that I communicated with was very friendly.
Pros
Nice staff
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table. I really enjoyed my job and my boss and my coworkers and my hours and my truck and the company was so good.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
This company was a great place for me to start at right out of school I will be forever grateful for the lessons I’ve learned they were very patient with me
Pros
Good helpful staff
Cons
Low pay
i was in upper management and enjoyed working at KKW with the other management personal and the drivers. a great group of people. strong driver training and were open to new ideas
Pros
friendly folks that had employee lunches to inculde all
Cons
N/a
Helpful management. Employed as a Staff Accountant, then promoted to Accounting Supervisor in 5 years. Great in making employees feel special. Never a dull moment. Fast pace company,
This is a great company to work for, like all jobs you get out of it what you put in. Management is great. Company is 100% employee owned. You are vested at 5 years. Rate per mile varies with what line you work, but they are exactly what they say they are. There can be some periods of light freight, but they really try to keep you moving. Volvo trucks. Western regional company based in Pamona, CA.
Mostly all drivers or former drivers running the office which can relate to the drivers on the road. Never had an issue with dispatchers. Good company!
Great place to work that gets you home more than any other company out there and works with you if you need more than the 2 or 3 days after the 5 to 7 out.
Great place to work. A family oriented establishment that is very high on their employees. They try to promote from within if applicable. They truly do want all their employees to succeed.
Every company has their own little problems but I will say that KKW has been one of the top 2 places I have ever worked. Only reason I left was mostly due to the dedicated route I was running (Tolleson, AZ to Indo,CA and back to Tolleson, AZ) Was running that route for 5 years and needed something different than the same 480 miles every night. I was making good money but the other benefits wasn't all that great.. better than nothing but could have been better. Really didn't have any issues with getting things done there, the maintenance department were good about getting the equipment fixed once you notified them. I would recommend KKW to anyone looking.
Would work there on my knees before I would work at RPM these people are wonderful can’t thank them enough. My child was able to come when absolutely had to
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Short time their, didn't feel that's were the money was. Staff was very nice and always helpfully. Trucks were taken care of and top of the line. Governed at 65 mph.
KKW, is a great company to work for. The managers there are very involved with great helpful instructions while allowing you to work at a peats you are comfortable with to accomplish the task in a timely manner. Each department is very helpful. KKW is a TEAM company.
KKW was a great company to work for. I ran 11 western states, usually home every 11 or 12 days sometimes a little longer. Dispatch was great, they know your name and do their best to accommodate your needs. They were always good at getting you requested time off.
This company cares about truck drivers! Come join KKW if you're looking for a good place to drive and to call home. For admin as well there's a lot of appreciation. Fun events get thrown often, birthdays are celebrated, pay is well, and there's room for growth. Overall just a great place to work.
This was a great job until they made management changes, new management couldn't care less about the drivers, I'm not even confident my job is safe anymore, recently took a large pay cut and no one seems to care.
friendly, supportive and understanding staff it was a pleasure to work with KKW im not a person of many words but this website is requiring a minimum of 150 words so i will end it here.
  1. Employee Reviews