KKW TRUCKING INC
Happiness rating is 76 out of 100

KKW TRUCKING INC Employee Reviews

United States81 reviews

Dispatchers are awesome

Great company culture. Great training program. The facility in Pomona & Phoenix is awesome. They definitely deal with drivers on a high respect level.

Pros

Dispatch/ Home time & Equipment

Cons

Miles & pay

Great place to work good for beginners in trucking

Very Low pay 💰 management is great, a lot of great drivers that don’t know we can make more somewhere else and if they do it’s hard to leave the company because it feels like family.

KKW TRUCKING INC insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

Empty Promises

They talk a lot but when it comes time to deliver they pretend like they didnt promise anything. They want loyalty and hard work in return for nothing.

Great driving job

Overall easy job if you follow the rules. Depending on the account you are in touch or no touch freight. The only downside is the pay. In my area it was the company that paid the least that's why I left.

Pros

newer trucks

Cons

definitely the pay!!! very low for a Class A driver

Balance

They work with you in every situation. And never forces you to take a run. Pay scale is based on experience, but doesn't move except on incentives. Which I think isn't ok. And the medical benefits is horrible and disrespectful.

Productive work place

Love working its so fun and so cool to be working all the time with this coming monday through friday soooo much fun it so crazy and awesome would change a thing

Great job to work never regret it

Great Jon to work never regret it loved it so kuch kkw is family they are very professional and considerate of others the pay is also very good u would enjoy it

kk

I use my pickup truck all the time, generally to throw my hockey equipment in the back because it is way easier than using a car, especially when you're driving other people. We also do a lot of outdoorsy activities. Pickup trucks are great when your camping, hauling trailers, or bringing along your skiis or mountain bikes for a long weekend. Again, much easier when traveling with others as it frees up the cab.

Pros

free lucbhers

bad

They have trust in their drivers and don't bother you once you're dispatched

This is a good company to work for. Very laid back, stress free environment. But they pay is on the Lower end and the benefits are expensive. They do offer a employee owned retirement package.. They also are flexible with your schedule. They do have some accounts that require lifting

Pros

Stress free work environment

Cons

Average pay and Expensive benefits

Great

Great company to work for , great benefits, family oriented, local didn’t pay as well as over the road , but good job security , and your not just a number

It's a decent company for on the road drivers

Management seems fine, I haven't had any real issues with them. I don't really think it's a bad company, the truck life just isn't for me. The miles you get are good.

All around good compony

There's good and bad days no matter the job you work at but kkw I've had more good days than any of my other jobs and dispatch is right there getting dirty with us plus dispatchers are also drivers so they know our struggles.

Pros

Employee owned and driver based

Cons

Are trucks are volvo's

Employee Profit Sharing

Good if you live along the route. Good dispatchers. Maintenance seems to always take the cheapest way, lots of truck breakdowns. Support administration personal were always friendly and supportive.

Pros

Free Lunch

Cons

Home time, break downs.

Friendly support staff

Good company. Too many runs with less than 400 miles. If you can stick it out worth joining as employee owned means extra profit for drivers. Great company if you like being home every weekend.

Pros

Employee owned

Cons

Not enough runs over 600 miles

April 13, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate the feedback about the short runs. We have recently been looking at how to increase the length of haul as some drivers prefer longer runs. We will continue to strive to improve.

Really enjoyed working for KKW

I really liked working for KKW IN ARIZONA I learned quick and enjoyed it. Unfortunately I was forced to move back to illinios at last minute. Really wish I could of stayed.

Pros

Nights and weekends off

April 13, 2021
Thank you for sharing your experience! If you ever find yourself back on the West Coast, please reach out to us.

Sub human culture.

Power hungry sellin’, employees in a human grocery store! It’s proud of a culture of burnin and churnin drivers souls, their personal well being and eventually their families.

Good driving job to start with but...

I have been with this company over 11 years as a driver. First year was long haul and the last 10 have been local. It's a good company with a lot of good and friendly people working there. My boss is easy to work with and I almost always get the days off that I request. Benefits are pretty good. Now here's what I don't like about this company. The pay! I have been making the same per hour for 6 or 7 years! I'm at the "cap" for local drivers. Why? Why is there a cap? I have nothing to hope for or strive for. I'm making about $4 less per hour then the average here in So Cal. The cost of living keeps going up but my wages do not. They do pay overtime which is great, but I have to work 50 to 60 hrs or more per week and even then I'm barely making it. This is a good company to start your driving career at but don't expect to stay here. I'm in the process of finding a job with another trucking company. It's hard to leave after 11 years but what am I supposed to do?

Pros

Great people. Decent benefits.

Cons

Bad pay. No hope of a raise.

April 13, 2021
Thank you for your honest feedback, we appreciate it. We have recently increased the pay packages for many of our work groups to stay competitive but will continue to strive to be better.

Good

The not to lengthy application was easy to fill and and email back to the company for consideration for my possible employment. The office staff that I communicated with was very friendly.

Pros

Nice staff

Cons

Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table

Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table. I really enjoyed my job and my boss and my coworkers and my hours and my truck and the company was so good.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Short breaks

Good start

This company was a great place for me to start at right out of school I will be forever grateful for the lessons I’ve learned they were very patient with me

Pros

Good helpful staff

Cons

Low pay

Friendly plce to work, clean driver showers and laundry area

i was in upper management and enjoyed working at KKW with the other management personal and the drivers. a great group of people. strong driver training and were open to new ideas

Pros

friendly folks that had employee lunches to inculde all

Cons

N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KKW TRUCKING INC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare KKW TRUCKING INC with

• KKW TRUCKING INC
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?