Klaben Auto Group

Working at Klaben Auto Group: 11 Reviews

United States11 reviews

Sales

Ok place to work. Management helps you along the way but leads are all given to a small group of people. If you want to sell anything you need to find your own customers or be stomping the pavement.

A lot of sitting around

Horrible management, a lot of sitting around doing nothing, they don't care if you need up a customer vehicle, the owner has no personality, they won't fire anyone even if they're completely useless

Pros

Cons

A lot

Official response from Klaben Auto Group

September 16, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to post an employee review. Naturally, your comments are disturbing since we try to create and foster a culture that promotes team member satisfaction – it is good for business and simply the right thing to do. We recognize that our two greatest assets are our customer base and our team members. Our problem-solving policy in the Employee Handbook provides that every employee is encouraged to bring concerns or complaints about work-related situations to the attention of his/her supervisor or the Human Resources Department. Every effort is made to resolve concerns fairly, equitably and promptly. Here there was an obvious breakdown in communication. While we regret that you are so disgruntled, bringing your dissatisfaction to management in the future is encouraged. That is how we can better address issues such as you raise with the objective of reaching a solution that is satisfactory to you and consistent with the objectives of the company. Your comments will be shared with the leadership team as we constantly evaluate our ability to hire and retain those team members that want to come to work and make a difference every day. Thank you again for your comments.

Klaben Auto Group insights

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Good company to work for. High stress. Decent pay. Competitive.

As far as dealerships go this was a good one to work for. Pay was decent, hours were long and high stress but management and leadership was good. The owner Richard Klaben would work up front with the sales team and was always very personable even to lower level employees. I only left because I was moving out of state, if not for that I would have stayed at this dealership.

Pros

Good leadership. Decent pay and benefits. Good work environment.

Cons

High stress. Work/life balance.

Very poor shop environment with the equipment and people.

This place has a horrible environment in the shop. The people who work here hate their jobs and make everyone miserable. The shop equipment is hazardous. They hired me in promising to train me and give raises. They did neither of those. I was mocked by my coworkers and even my own manager. The daily stress of working there was not worth it so I left after 3 months.

Pros

Cons

Everything there is negative

Official response from Klaben Auto Group

November 15, 2020
We are sorry that we were not a good fit for this employee. While Klaben Auto Stores prides itself on a team approach to sales and service, we recognize that not everyone embraces our core values of Commitment to Excellence, Continuous Improvement, Integrity and Accountability. This is why we have an introductory period that is designed to give the employee feedback on their performance so that they can know whether this is a long term fit for them. The culture here works for the vast majority of our employees in the shop as the average tenure for shop employees is 13 years. We have a comprehensive training program. Safety is also a top priority as is demonstrated by our investments in the newest technologies and our strict compliance with OSHA safety standards and CDC guidelines for COVID safety.

Great place to work!

Klaben Auto Stores is a great place to work. It's a family owned dealership with great management. Management gives you opportunity and encouragement for any position. They have great benefits which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and STD. They also have matching 401k plans.

The Culture at Klaben

At Klaben Auto Stores I get to sharpen my skills as a creative storyteller. Here I'm given the freedom to express ideas and collaborate with everyone from the sales staff to service technicians. Through all my social media posts and advertising videos exists a through-line of the culture at Klaben. Dedicated personnel who go above and beyond to make the customer happy simply because it's right. Fortunately they treat their employees the exact same way.

working in a Car Dealership was a new experience

Daily entering miscellaneous invoices for car parts, and resolving problems on interoffice receivables. One thing I remember having a competition with the other employees changing a tire, just like the race car drivers, it was a lot of laughs.

Great Family Owned Dealership!

Klaben Auto Stores is focused on the customer and the employees! The ownership truly empowers each employee to make a difference. We have the training and the tools to do our job. We are encouraged to make suggestions and do literally "whatever it takes" to assure customer satisfaction. We have great benefits including: Health, Vision, Dental, Life and Short Term Disability insurance available. We have an employer matching 401K that is a super investment. We have paid vacation, personal and sick time. Klaben has been in business for 45 years. They are a solid company with low turnover. I was fortunate to be offered a position over 20 years ago and have never thought of leaving. Klaben is a process oriented, busy, fast paced environment with a customer focused culture.

A very good place to work

fun fast pace. very customer friendly. they always work to satisfy the customer. I would recommend anybody to buy/ lease or have have repairs done their.

Cons

n/a

Good Business in Tough Industry

Typical day can be extremely busy with customer interaction, or long with almost none at all. No matter what you do you are wrong in management's eyes. Always looking for ways to give you a negative workplace review. 1 week's paid vacation after 20 year employment, really? You are great there if you work all the time and have no life outside of the dealer. Veterans of the store that are there the longest are generally treated the worst.

Pros

Freedom & Flexible Schedule due to 100% Commission

Cons

Little benefits unless you work all the time 55+ hours / week

Incredible workplace with great people

Klaben empowers its employees to provide an exceptional experience for its customers. At a time when honesty and integrity are sometimes in question, that is not the case at Klaben. The dealerships are the cleanest I have ever seen and it is noticed by everyone who visits including staff from other area dealerships. The most enjoyable part of working for Klaben is knowing that customers leave very happy and are eager to tell friends, family & neighbors that they had a great experience.

Pros

Great Employees, Great Customers, Great place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Klaben Auto Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits