Klamath Family Head Start

Klamath Family Head Start Employee Reviews

Klamath Family Head Start insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Supportive environment

Amazing

I think it’s very fun working at the Klamath Family Head Start. One of the things you do need to take into consideration though is that you will be pulled into different classes even if you are not scheduled to be there so be prepared to be pulled in different directions. Other than that the meetings are always a great time the show a lot of good trainings and they do give you a lot of good benefits and your sick hours are accumulating.

Pros

Fun meetings, welcoming environment

Cons

Short breaks, short staffed

I feel my work is valued. However certain managers could benefit with more training in order to help those they are managing.

I enjoy working at Klamath Headstart. My work is appreciated and I feel I'm helping more than just the children I teach. Their families and community are also apart of what I take care of.

Kfhs

Working at this head start facility was my first real education job. It was a fun job, working alongside a lot of people to help preschoolers prepare for kindergarten. I was disappointed to have to call to find out I was no longer employed for the upcoming school year.

A very good comfortable place to work

Was very clear and thorough and completely professional was fabulous very fair place to work. Completed with verification of my CDL my food handlers card

Teacher assistant

A typical day would be checking my mailbox and see if there will be any absents. Work at my desk for about three hrs or so, getting prepared for classroom time. Then at 11:20 head to class and start the 3.5 hrs day. At the end of the day clean up and get rid of garbage. Room is set for the next day. Finish at my desk.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

High turnover.

Good 1st place to work to get the experience. Stay to yourself and watch your back make sure you are always in view of cameras...........................

Pros

Working with the children

New management

Headstatart is for people how want free school, child care and anything else they can get for free. They need to put the money into our schools. All I ever saw was family, going thru the system.

Country style one room classroom

Community is strong and supportive for the traditional Head Start Program. Children and families are given a healthy start with early childhood education!

Pros

Free meals included daily

Hard Career Field

This is a hard career field to be a part of and takes someone who manages stress and burnout effectively. KFHS can be a great place to work if you have the proper attitude and skills. Management has changed greatly over the years and had its ups and downs with management.

Stimulating and Always Learning

I love working at Klamath Family Head Start. It is rewarding to see the children prepare for Kindergarten. I am always learning and trying new strategies to provide the best educational environment possible.

Klamath Family Head STart

This is a great place to work. They offer many training opportunities and opportunities to advance for those who want it. I would recommend this company to anyone interested in working to better the lives of children and families.

Community and family focused

Klamath Family Head Start is a community/family focused agency that serves as the primary educator for preschool children as well as families of these children to encourage success on many different levels. Half day classroom instruction and half day case management/home visits.

Pros

Family centered environment

Food service Coordinator

Provided nutrition assessments to children aged 3-5. Developed, staffed and operated the food service department within USDA Guidelines for meal reimbursement of approximately 600 meals per day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Klamath Family Head Start. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Klamath Family Head Start Reviews by Location

Learn about Klamath Family Head Start in popular locations

• Klamath Family Head Start
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?