KleenMark Employee Reviews

very unorganized
cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plover, WINovember 1, 2018
worked for them not even a month, i was taken off one account cause of to many people there then they hire someone for that place right after i left for the other account ive never quit a job before but was more than happy after that, you dont hire someone for a account after sending someone due to over flow reasons or maybe it was cause i was making the supervisor and area manager look bad doing the job better than them
Pros
Cons
not allowed to eat even with a medical condition, no supplies for the job
Very easy, not stessful
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIAugust 8, 2018
It was a typical work environment. I learned how to manage ordering supplies when needed.management was always available to answer any questions. I really the idea of a communication book.
Pros
Very easy
Cons
Winter. And all the salt
It was fun to work for a janitor company
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 14, 2018
My days a Kleenmark was my best working days in my life. I had my own space to work in peace and quiet, so that helped me get my job done faster with no distraction.
Self Motivating enviorment, reat people around me and self past
General Cleaner / Store Lead (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 11, 2017
A typical day starts by getting certain jobs done before the store opened. I learned that by working together, the job is easier for all of us. I know that when people enjoy what they’re doing and helping each other the environment is great. Management was great and very enjoyable to work for. The hardest part was training people with no motivation and take shortcuts in makes it harder on the rest of us. The most enjoyable part was, seeing the reward at the end of the day when my job is done right, also the great team I was on.
Pros
People, team mates, and loving what did.
Cons
At times traing people that had the I don't care attiudes.
Poor
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIFebruary 16, 2018
Contact people at accounts writing negative comments in the communication book. Trying to resolve issues with Kleenmark and Supervisor. Blame it on the cleaner! Having the Police come to to your account because you were never shown how to arm and unarm a building properly. Not over the phone show me in person. That happened twice at a Bank in Oshkosh and once at a building downtown. Thanks Kleenmark! Im sure that made me and Kleenmark look good. The account could care less about you, what happened to cause a problem, or why. If you had a family emergency and left the account as is and notified your supervisor you would most likely be replaced real soon. He said well if it was me I would have done this. Who cares what you would have done!! Unfriggin real
Great staff and flexiable scheduling
General Cleaner/Janitor (Current Employee) –  Chilton, WIAugust 23, 2017
A good company to work for with employment choices if you in bigger cities. not a great starting wage or raises. no benefits if your part time. over all I have enjoyed my experiences here.
Very friendly work environment and now very clean
Comerica Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Iron RidgeJuly 23, 2015
I am in charge of cleaning the main offices along with the shop floor. A typical day includes dusting, vacuuming, mopping, wiping down all areas in the office, and taking out garbage. Management at Kleenmark is not the best, they don't like to keep a good uptake on the supplies needed to do my job. They also aren't very good at communicating with me. My coworkers are basically the people that work for the factory I clean. I love the people that surround me at work. Everyone is very friendly and accepting. It also helps when ur doing a very good job at cleaning and they are very appreciative. There really isn't a hard part of my job at all. Everything is pretty easy until i have to empty trash from the machines and its full of lazer dust. For some reason that stuff just doesn't agree with me and usually ends up busting all over me. The most enjoyable part of my job is almost everything about it, I love the people I work around and the daily tasks are not difficult at all.
Pros
Meet new people and further my job oppurtunties
Cons
No benefits, short hours with little pay
The best place evah!!!!
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 6, 2017
Best place to ever work!!!....at least for a year and a half. I was promised 2 hours mon-fri and worked with the best crew and there were no flaws. Since the new account manager stepped in, things went downhill. They made up a fake story about my hour change from day 1, they treat us like idiots who don't know how to clean when they don't know what they are doing, make us do things that isn't part of our job, and could care less about our safety.

If you want to work here, you must be mindless and have no life because they expect you to die for your job.
Pros
I don't know anymore
1 hour ain’t worth it lol
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 10, 2018
If you think people want to work 3 hours a week at 10 dollars an hour... you can’t expect much. Also my trainer got paid to pretty much travel and sit in a paid for car but you know I’m expected to do that quality work at low quality pay. It’s a waste of time don’t bother.
Not a bad place to work could work on various things
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 15, 2017
Would I work for the company again? No, only because ,I've moved on and because advancement in the company are just not avalible. Although they worked with me on my schedule, I found myself in a management position and was not being paid for it.
Pros
pros flexible
Growing Company with Growing Pains
Specialty Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 2, 2015
KleenMark has grown very rapidly over the past several years. So fast, if fact, that many things seem to be overlooked. It was enjoyable to be a part of a locally owned company which had so much success, but many decisions were made at the top which were far more reactive than proactive.
Pros
Good compensation, talented staff
Cons
Long hours, zero communication

Comment – May 6, 2015

This company is great at making promises, but horrible at following through. Very 'flavor of the month'. While they put on a great show, there is little actual direction and communication. I would suggest against anyone leaving their current job to pursue a career here.

its bad.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIJune 22, 2015
no this was the worst place i worked at don't apply here. its a joke. if you like having 90 bosses its the job for you even the assists at the stores you clean tell you what to do.
Pros
Cons
everything you can think of no review or raises there.
Unhelpful Management!
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJanuary 17, 2017
Management is very unreliable! I worked there a short amount of time and every time I ordered supplies they were never delivered! I have called for supplies many times and my manager never calls me back and hasn't brought them to me for 2 months and I was bringing supplies from home just to get my job done correctly. This job offers very little money and very few hours. You are only given 1 night of training and then you are on your own and if you have any questions after that 1st night you will have to figure it out alone because the management will never return phone calls.
Bad management
General Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 7, 2017
Never work for them again they stick up for their bad managers and dont listen to employees and dont pay hardly anything they dont want to work fyi is
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Bad management
Good company to work for as a part time worker
Janitor and Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 27, 2016
the most good part about the job as you do a good job in the required time for a job well done, cleaned offices halls
and exams rooms
Pros
can lead to advancement
Cons
not full time job no benefits
Fun place to work everthing is a team effort,even lunches and breaks.
Janitorial Worker (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 2, 2013
a typical day at work start with job updates.
learned how to maintane office buildings upkeep.
management interact with information about issue in the company.
Co-workers are team players.
The hardest part of the job is when equipment not working properly.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when equipment is working properly.
Pros
Appreciation day pizzas, sandwichs, movie tickets and other discounts.
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks.
Genreal cleaning
General Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 1, 2015
cleaning many different areas such as clinics, office, and hospitals, banks. all use different chemicals to clean differently. management is very well they have poor communication between bosses and workers, do not answer their phone or return calls. I've learned how to use multiple cleaning machines. Hours are set never changes unless to ask for more hours and is a good first part time job.
Pros
not much suprvision, afternoon hours
Cons
late into the day, short hours(3 to 4), locations vary in distance
love working with the people i was workig with
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WINovember 29, 2017
i dont know just liked the people worked with i would loved to stay but i had to moved i like the hrs i had and it was not a hard job to do if i had time to go back i would
Pros
loved it
great experience
Porter/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIFebruary 10, 2014
typical day at work was interesting interacting with the customers and workers, i learned housekeeping is such an easy job, management were great, co-workers were great, the hardest part was trying to get done before the store closed, the most enjoyable was interacting with the co-workers to make the day go faster.
n/a
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WIJanuary 19, 2017
when i began working for this company i was showered with hours. Yet it seem very hard for them to keep coworkers. I didnt like that i was fired due to going to my Grandmas funeral. I was told two days was too much time taken off. I wouldnt go back at all. I was really dissappointed in this company!
Cons
bad managment and communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KleenMark. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about