Klein Independent School District Employee Reviews

Work
Teacher (Math) (Current Employee) –  Klein ForestJune 6, 2019
It was fun. I enjoy working as a teacher at Klein Forest High School.
Management Is Nice.
to work with the student s with lower achiving of their goal and low income family.
Enjoy working with students
ESL Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXJune 3, 2019
Work at 6 schools no travel paid, no specific offices mainly in an unoccupied room.
The hardest part of the Job was at the beginning and end of the year.

The rules change almost every year. Working with students and testing them seeing their growth was the biggest satisfaction.
I like working here
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 22, 2019
I enjoy what I do. Pay is low but the breaks make up for the low pay in my opinion. Kids and coworkers are great! Leadership in my current Dept is poor but my overall experience has been positive. I would recommend working here.
Pros
Breaks and Work/Life balance
Cons
Pay
He’s a very inspiring individual who motivate through speaking.
Transport kids to school - bus driver (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 19, 2019
You have the same responsibility everyday pick kids for school and take home.
It taught me more about kid management and behavior.
No issues with management as long as you show up for work on time.
Causal attire mostly elderly worker like myself retired.
Managing kids behavior while driving bus and watching for traffic hazards.
Fun driving such a large vehicle with Diesel engine powered.
Pros
3 hours morning
Cons
3 hours afternoon
Science Teacher
INSTRUCTIONAL COACH (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2019
Klein ISD is a good place to start a career. They tend to promote from within out of a small circle. Teachers have a lot of resources available to them.
Teaching is not for just anyone
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 15, 2019
As a teacher, you have to be willing to put in long hours before and after the work day. You also MUST love children and believe that each child has the ability to learn.
Workplace
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2019
I like working in Klein ISD ! I like I love working and enjoying with children, I feel safe with I enjoy every moment to be with them during the day my work!
Runaway slave games played in the elementary school
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Klein, TXMay 4, 2019
The moral compass of this district is broken. For a district existing in the 1st most diverse city in the United States, Klein ISD has a lot of work to do! Despite the district's pretenses of esteem, it fails at every impasse to retain teachers and educate students.
Work is a battle field
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Klein CainMay 4, 2019
If it were not for the illusion of prestige, this district would be openly identified as the worst in Houston. They offer no relevant professional development for their teachers, and minimal tangible resources to their students.

If you work at Klein Cain, expect to be bullied and harassed by the administration. They are constantly hiring due to an excessively high turn over rate. Despite fact that the school has only existed for 2 years, there are certain content areas/ classrooms where they have already run off upwards of a dozen teachers!

Students are not accustomed to academic excellence, and when they fall short, there is always a parent, coach, or administrator to intimidate the teachers into giving them grades that they didn't earn.

Though the administration demonstrates ZERO accountability for their myriad of shortcoming (poor communication, poor organization, lack or academic rigor, tyrannical and reactionary management styles), teachers are held categorically responsible.

KLEIN ISD does not value its teachers. Unless you enjoy being demeaned by students, parents, and administrators, stay as far away from this district as you can!
Pros
The end of the day
Cons
short breaks, horrible health insurance, tyrannical and incompetent administration
This is a horrible place to work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Klein, TXMay 3, 2019
The administration at Klein Cain is terribly unqualified and self interest. Though the placate the students, it is obvious that they have no interest in their wellbeing. The teachers are overwhelmed, overworked and underpaid. Only take a position here is your secondary option is unemployment and homelessness. After working here, I’ll never go back into education
Cons
This is a racist, backwards, anti-intellectual district
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Klein Kain KampusMay 3, 2019
Anxiety is the best word used to describe how I felt every day at Klein Kain Kampus. The environment is backwards, anti-intellectual, and rampantly racist. As a teacher, it is the worst school I have ever worked in, and as I a parent, I would NEVER send my children here. Computers and preferential treatment replace academic rigor and learning outcomes. The teachers are petty and poorly educated, and the administrators are even worst. Every administrator at Klein Kain Kampus received a 9 month Principal certificate online, and it shows.

This is a school in name alone, but is in reality a breeding ground for future right-wing extremist. Children of non European background walk the halls looking sad and afraid. They often complain about racist comments and jokes made by their peers, and the teachers and administration who does nothing to stop it.

The planning time is miniscule, and that is often high jacked by the administration. You will work harder, longer, and receive less pay and respect than any other district in the greater Houston Area

The concerns of a few outweigh the prospect of thorough education for the many. Though many of the students are polite and well mannered, they are cripplingly entitled, and ill prepared for their future.

Funds are misallocated on the salaries of the incompetent, students remain without books, and administrators drive away skilled educators due to their tendency to undermine the institution of learning, by treating the students as customers as opposed to pupils. This school makes me scared for the future of that district.
Pros
Cons
Culture, lack of resources, unqualified administration
"The customer is ALWAYS right" is never more truer than at Klein Cain HS. The student is ALWAYS right even when they clearly are NOT. Teachers beware!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Klein Cain High SchoolApril 11, 2019

The current administrative staff (2018-2019) consists of literally half being first year assistant principals and the other half being more concerned about HOW the school looks to the public than what the kids actually learn. Image trumps educational achievement, and happiness on the part of students and parents trumps respect for teachers and academic accountability. Not in every case,, but in far to many, grades are given, not earned. Inappropriate behavior is not punished with a significant enough penalty, if any, to correct and deter repetition on the part of SOME and catering to unreasonable "helicopter" parents is unprecedented. Inappropriate language on the part of students (vulgarity) is common place in the hallways; the dress code is vague and unenforced and if efforts to enforce it on the part of teachers is met with resistance on the part of students, the teacher is not supported by the current administration. Instead of using conflicts and misunderstandings as "teachable moments" to educate students about life and coping with the "issues" that they will face when they leave school, the current upper AP levels overreact to minor issues and it is assumed that the teacher is in the wrong when dealing with "student concerns."

The positive side is that the school has and promotes the use of technology and the classroom level teachers get along well together. The building is well maintained and cleaned daily.
  more... There is a sense of security and safety and the students have access to a nice cafeteria and a variety of food vendors. The school offers many extra-curricular activities, but I feel that these activities are given more emphasis and priority than the academics in terms of time and commitment needed to be involved in them.

The vast majority of students are great kids with great parents and the classroom level teachers really want the students to grow and to blossom. With the right upper level APs in place, the school could be a stellar school.
Good job
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Klein, TXApril 8, 2019
It is a great company to work for they have a lot of different jobs everyone is friendly and it makes for a family like environment which seems to be what they are striving for.
Kisd
Educational Assistant - Workroom (Former Employee) –  Spring, TX 77389April 1, 2019
The district itself isnt that bad but not where i wanted to be in life so i felt it best to go into Criminal Justice which was always my second choice.
Pros
summers off
Cons
short breaks
Busy days
Assistant Principal & Counselor's Secretary (Current Employee) –  Klein, TXMarch 26, 2019
I loved the people I worked with on a daily basis! Some days are busier than others. The staff and always willing to pitch in and help with teamwork.
Klein ISD
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Klein, TXMarch 25, 2019
I taught 6-7th grade math. I planned lesson plans and kept discipline. I enjoyed forming these students lives and I am still in touch with most of them today. I was the cheer sponsor for many years as I was also a Klein Cheerleader during High School. These were the best times of my working career.
Low Pay, No Direction and Wrong Piorities
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2019
District is in a free fall, having not given teachers a pay increase last year and not looking to do it next year either. Focus is on everything other than the students and their performance.
Cons
Poor and inexperienced management
Special Education at Klein
SPED/Tech Job Coach (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 14, 2019
Klein ISD is a leader in offering professional development to its staff. An educated staff is a more proficient staff. There are required PD for all staff and staff meetings that sometime occur after school. But we gain compensatory hours to use for absences.
Pros
free staff development opportunities/ offering comp hours as an incentive
Cons
some of it is afterschool
Very productive, collaborative, and a lot of work to do
Food Service Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 12, 2019
Very good area to work if you have extra time around the house and want to have a job working at Klein food services would be a great job to have. Very welcoming
Pros
Free lunches, health care, retirement funds
Cons
Short breaks
Very fun atmosphere
Student Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXFebruary 21, 2019
I loved working for Klein isd it was fun and it was easy to stay on task and get my job done I had a very great boss who was easy to understand I would recommend summer hire to all student athletic trainers