Kleinfelder Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Close knit offices
Assistant Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2018
The only thing that is nice about working there was all of the close friends and colleagues that were made through all of the grueling weeks and hours of field work. Management does not seem interested in helping you progress your career. They would like to take the easier route and keep you in a position that you are good at instead of hiring to backfill to allow their employees to progress up the ladder.
Pros
the people
Cons
weekly travel, long hours on salary, no upward progression, lower paying than industry
Not enough work, part time.
Soil Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 8, 2018
Needed more working works than they could give. Only working me part time. Needed to make more money. Nice people great place to work. Would go back. Very good company to work for.
Great Company.
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 26, 2018
Great company, culture and people. Ample opportunity to learn new skills and to promote within various regions. Many employees are more that 10 years in tenure.
great job
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 24, 2018
A great job for inspector/ engineer growth. Exciting projects make one look forward to going to work. Except one thing--random, long hours. That's the way of the business.
Uncertain future under new Corporate management
Environmental Program Manager & Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJFebruary 18, 2018
Company is under new management since 2017 but poor performance by some leadership continues to affect bottom line. Benefit reductions have not been good, and not always tranparent.
The New England offices are mostly Civil Engineering now.
SCADA Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 31, 2018
The New England offices are mostly Civil Engineering now.
The Energy Department was being phased out when I left.
There is some Water/Wastewater work in Massachusetts.
Helpful staff
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Islandia, NYJanuary 18, 2018
Some very friendly and helpful individuals in the field office. The office location was convenient - close to home and situated in central Suffolk county - near major roads.
Its a good place to start a career but a horrible place for IT management and career advancement
IT technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 13, 2018
Its a good place to start a career but a horrible place for IT individual to be in, IT management changes things on a daily basis, very unstructured environment, and definitely not a place for career advancement.
Great company with good environment
Geotechnical Intern (Former Employee) –  Exton, PAJanuary 10, 2018
Great time spent at Kleinfelder. Good mix of lab work, field work, and design work. Very good internal development mechanisms and pathways for advancement.
Kleinfelder is a good employer
Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 14, 2017
I work full-time for Kleinfelder. My day is typically very busy, but I do not feel overwhelmed. I have strong support from my direct supervisor and our upper management is great. I have tools needed to be successful in my position, I have a say in what tools I need. I enjoy my position and working for Kleinfelder very much. The team of people I work with directly are fantastic and each brings a different skill set to the team so we are able to learn from each other. I also greatly enjoy working with the people in the organization that are not directly part of my team. There is a high level of respect among the staff.
Pros
flexible, telecommute when needed, communication, interesting, challenging
Cons
No cons from me at this time
As an SME I had little interaction with staff from other diciplines mostly fielded questions from all areas of country.
Senior Consultant, Demolition Services (Former Employee) –  Exton, PASeptember 27, 2017
I worked we a lot of very nice,bright young people who were very capable.Management as a whole were not very knowledgable about my area of expertise and therefore spent little or no time informing the other segments of the business nationwide of this capability.
Good overall Engineering Contract work, rigid and hierarchical company culture/structure.
Staff Environmental Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CASeptember 26, 2017
The company does good engineering work overall and gets many good contracts. The culture is very rigid, hierarchical, and top heavy. Potential a great place for middle manager / executive but difficult for entry level.
Enjoyed the challenges and working with the contractors and client
Sr Construction Manager (Current Employee) –  multiple field assignmentsSeptember 11, 2017
Young Engineers would not take the time to explore the opportunities to discuss problems with the field to seek possible alternatives to issues with design.
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
no free lunches
Jobsite specific, Company less well known
QC Manager (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 30, 2017
This field office had many unresolved issues which hindered cohesive team building. Management took did not share operational decisions or responsiblity with team leaders. Funding questions arose. Insufficient resources to properly manage duties of contract.
Pros
Personal time for emergencies
Cons
Myriad
Great Working Enviroment
Civil Inspector (Current Employee) –  Uniontown, OH 44685August 28, 2017
Overall a great place to gain employment. The Kleinfelder team provides a constant support base. A constant team effort from Upper Management to field technicians.
Fun and fast paced work environment
Administrative Professional (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 9, 2017
Fun and fast paced. Good benefits. Many varied duties. Respect between professionals and administration. Great to work with other offices across the country.
Pros
Not micromanaged
Cons
No manager in office
Too Many Reorganizations
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 21, 2017
Kleinfelder lost focus after the previous CEO left then the market crashed and they couldn't recover with the structure they had developed for growth. Also, Engineers should be Engineers not put in charge of running a firm, that should be left to people with a business brain.
was there a short period of time
Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 11, 2017
to exchange over a new sever system reconnect the employee to that system after that project was over three month working as a contract employee in long beach
Pros
contract
Cons
contrat
Good experience
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Taylorsville, UTJune 19, 2017
I only worked for a short period as a part time. The atmosphere wasn't bad, coworkers were friendly and training employees was a top priority (which is great)
Pros
Great training on the job
Cons
Part time instead of Full time
Few good projects, zero OT compensation
staff professional I (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 3, 2017
Management has been a let down on advocacy for remaining billable, and following through on as-advertised company policies for Kleinfelder's form of hours worked over 40 compensation, which isn't anywhere close to satisfying.
Pros
once a month free lunch, if you're in the office;
Cons
basically zero compensation for hours worked over 40