Klickitat Valley Health Employee Reviews

Collaborative, appreciative employer
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Goldendale, WAJanuary 29, 2019
Klickitat Valley Health maintains a positive culture focused on collaboration and inter-department support. Senior Leadership truly cares for the employees and the entire district is focused on providing the best possible care to patients and improving the overall wellness of the community. Hands down the best place I've ever worked.
Pros
Collaborative, family and community oriented organization
A Great Place to Work!
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Goldendale, WAJanuary 25, 2019
This was the first job I've had and by far was much better than I expected. In the hallways, I always am greeted by smiling faces and a polite "How is your day?" I have become close friends with many of my coworkers and they are a joy to work with every day. The management is the best; you always hear about bad bosses in other typical work environments but everyone here is happy to help with shortcomings and understand people's situations. It is a joy working at KVH I can't think of a better place to work in Goldendale.
Pros
Cafeteria, Benefits, Friendly People.
Cons
Outdated Tecnology
Family/Community oriented professional place to work!
Admitting Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Klickitat Valley HealthOctober 12, 2018
I have worked for KVH for 8 years now and I love it more and more every year. KVH has been very open to advanced opportunities in the work place. There are many options to build within the hospital and they encourage it, even as far as providing scholarships for needed positions. I have had the pleasure of working in Clinic Registration, Med Surge, ED, and Hospital Registration. Working in this variety of departments I have seen the big picture; that we are all here to work together to serve our community and patients! It is a great feeling! Yes, there is always conflicts in the work place wherever you go, however what I like about KVH is we are quick to handle those problems and move forward. We are always looking for the best for our departments and facility in order to provide the very best care possible. I also love the fact that our "higher ups" (administration) including our CEO, CFO, and HR Director are incredibly personable. You will not find this in most places. They eat lunch with us, communicate with us, say Hi in the hallways, ask us about our families! It is just SUCH a great work environment all the way around. It doesn't' seem to matter if you are a physician, housekeeping, dietary, a nurse, administration, and everything in between; everyone includes and communicates everyone.
Pros
Daily Dose Coffee Shop! ;), family like enviroment, involved and making a difference in your community!
Good people to work with.
Sawyer/Welder (Former Employee) –  Coburg, ORSeptember 17, 2018
During my work experience working at the Hospital I enjoyed working with the staff, and meeting new people all the time from patients , and employees.
HOSPITALIST PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Goldendale, WAFebruary 27, 2018
Hospitalist are at a critical access hospital. The care was in a hospital. Great people. The patients are very nice and the other employees working there also were very nice.
click ish
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Hoschton, GAJanuary 14, 2018
Very backstabbing unsupported by management and does things out of policy. Feminist environment Very low quality care as there is no proper supervision. Unqualified personnel
Pros
Pay
Cons
Low quality care
The current management is very positive and helpful.
Nursing Supervisor, RN (Current Employee) –  Goldendale WAOctober 20, 2017
The current management is very positive and helpful. I enjoy working with each of our staff. In a smaller rural health care setting we provide a valuable service to our community and I see our staff taking genuine care in making sure the best of care is delivered to each person who comes through the doors.
sucks!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Goldendale, WAOctober 20, 2017
Hate working here! Have been here for almost a year and no matter what I do I can not get a full time postion! Nobody will tell me if I am doing something wrong or why I wont get a job!
Vast improvement overall in past 5 years
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Goldendale, WAOctober 19, 2017
I have worked here for the past 5 years, and I have seen a lot of GREAT things take place. There was a history of poor management, but the current management since I have been here is fantastic. People are VESTED in the company because they live here and WANT to have our hospital be great! The culture has improved dramatically. I used to feel that there was a negative undertone, and I definitely do not feel that any longer. Huge strides have been made to hire the right people, make the physical and cultural changes and advances that were needed, and push KVH into a progressive, capable, trust-worthy healthcare facility. Truth be told, I used to doctor out of town for myself, my husband, and my children - no longer! Our entire household doctors at our clinic, and I would not hesitate to bring a family member to our Emergency Department. I highly recommend KVH as a place to work! Come join the family!
Pros
strong emphasis on work-life balance
Cons
rural; must travel quite a distance for live trainings
Many Opportunities and Much Support. Good Things are Happening Here.
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Goldendale, WAOctober 9, 2017
I have worked at Klickitat Valley Health for 21 years. I was given the opportunity to grow in my initial position as a Medical Transcriptionist and have been the Executive Administrative Assistant for the past several years. I believe that the current CEO of the hospital has developed trust within the community as well as within the district itself. There are new services, improved spaces and there is a real desire for providing a great place for patients and their families to come for care as well as a great place for us to come to work. No place is perfect, but I can say that I truly believe that it is the intent of everyone at KVH, regardless of position, to do their best and provide the best care they can. This is a small community and we take care of our neighbors, our family and our friends and I believe we do that very well. I have seen employees leave in the past citing low wages, or poor working conditions, and then these same individuals reapply for positions back at our hospital because the grass really isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. There is a trade off, bigger hospitals may pay more money, but to your manager at that bigger hospital, you may be one of 50 employees in their department and individual growth and support may not be as readily available or offered as it is in a hospital our size. Our CEO works diligently to make sure that we keep up with current practices and because she grew up here she has a vested interest in making the employees and community satisfied. I recommend working at Klickitat Valley Health highly and I am happy to  more... be a part of such a fantastic team of individuals.  less
Pros
Great co-workers, Terrific Benefits, Opportunities for Growth and Support
Positive Changes!
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Goldendale, WASeptember 29, 2017
I am so happy to see some of the positive changes being made at Klickitat Valley Health. The board and leadership teams really care about the community and employees. Benefits are great. The hospital and clinic work together to provide excellent care. High quality, skilled staff. Proud to work here!
Disappointment
HIM Specialist (Former Employee) –  GoldendaleJuly 26, 2017
This little hospital is in a small town in Washington state and I was disappointed that instead of a culture of small town warmth, the work environment is cliquey. I was also dismayed that patients are gossiped about. Team leadership is lacking, with managers pointing the finger and so morale is in constant nose-dive. Pay is sub par.
My supervisor was very knowledgeable. She was fun to work for
Patient Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Goldendale, WAApril 18, 2017
I didn't care for some of the policies that they were starting to put into place. I didn't feel comfortable having my name on any legal document within the financial department of that hospital.
Fun place to work
REGISTRATION CLERK (Former Employee) –  Goldendale, WAMarch 28, 2017
Klickitat Valley offers many job opportunities. You have to have multi-tasking skills as you are handling patients, paperwork and the phones are constantly ringing.
Historically bad management and practices
Former employee/current employee (Current Employee) –  GoldendaleOctober 11, 2016
I've lived in Goldendale for decades and worked at KVH on two different occasions, once for two years many years ago, and again in the hospital for 10 years currently. Hospital workers were treated so badly and the community was so angry that they put forth much effort to become unionized, SEIU 99NW. In spite of the union, the current manager delayed raising wages to a level comparable with other rural hospitals by refusing to sign the contract, stretching negotiations out for an entire year. Morale is not great. Some of the doctors are overworked. The medical reports tend to be rather rubber stamped and the records system inaccurate and hard to use.
Pros
ER team is good
Cons
Poor management
Working to help patients to pay on accounts
Registration Supervisor/Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Goldendale, WAJuly 17, 2016
Worked with patients to set up payment plans or apply for charity care to help with paying on accounts. I was also trained to help patients get set up for affordable insurance through the Washington Healthplan Finder.
Klickitat Valley Health
A/R Specialist (Former Employee) –  Goldendale, WashingtonJuly 18, 2015
Great place to work, loved my position as an accounts receivable specialist. We worked together as a team, and we were always willing to help each other with problems.
seemed to have a hard time keeping managment
UNIT SECRETARY/ CNA (Former Employee) –  Goldendale, WAJune 26, 2015
I worked there for four years, mostly night shift. I learned that co workers did not work as a team. Management was hard to keep around, and the hardest part of the job was dealing with nurses that refused to help because they were the nurse and it was not their job. the most enjoyable part of my job was taking care of patients who still had a smile on their face even though they were not well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Klickitat Valley Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Klickitat Valley Health Reviews by Location