Kline Construction Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Self Employed Kline Construction
Self Employed Contractor (Current Employee) –  Palestine, ILApril 1, 2018
Nice having my own business and working for myself. Concerns when waiting from one job to the next. Has worked out so far but do not like the unknown for the future.
Pros
Work for myself
Cons
No benefits, workload concerns at times
Mostly for retirees
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJOctober 24, 2017
This job is full of those who are between looking for better employment, retirees, or kids just out of highschool. Totally on call. Some days you work 4 hours, some days you work 16. Some months you only work a week, some months you live in a truck.
Pros
Paid Overtime
Cons
Unsteady Hours
Estimator Project Manager
Estimating & Project Management (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJSeptember 21, 2017
Provided Estimates public and private, Reviewed Specification, Project Management, Negotiated and Documented Change Orders, Material Ordering, Bid Tracking
Supportive Management
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHAugust 31, 2017
Kline is a good company to work for. The owner was very supportive as well as the rest of the people he hired to work for him. I worked many miles away from the home office, but always had help when it was needed.

The hours i worked were too many, but i think that was my fault
It was an experience. Not the best but I am thankful for it.
Flagger (Current Employee) –  Williamstown, NJJuly 20, 2017
Kline overall isnt a company to stay at longterm, due to its lack of opportunity for advancement. I did enjoy some of the moments working there but it isn't the kob for me.
Pros
Overtime is available daily
Cons
No breaks, long hours, extreme weather to withstand
worst company to work for!!!
employer (Former Employee) –  Absecon, NJApril 28, 2017
Kline construction are not Loyal at all. They focus more on advancing family members who have no experience setting them up for sucess. However, if you put time in the lay you off, no raises, equipment never works, drugs are being sold to the supervisors, supervisors steal money from the local union workers, and during rain days they give work to there favorites and the hard workers end up missing hours on there paycheck.
Pros
Cons
everything
hard work, but good pay
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Palm Coast, FLNovember 4, 2016
Good work environment, always something to do to stay busy, I learned a lot along the way. Hour long breaks, and Kline is a easy manager to work for. All around good job
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
No benefits
Professional environment and co-workers. Doing something important.
Flagman (Former Employee) –  Williamstown, NJ 08094August 31, 2016
I enjoyed this job! I enjoyed the people I worked with. My supervisor was awesome! I learned a lot about construction environments. Especially road construction. The hardest part about the job to me was working in or around intersections and traffic lights because they usually are points of heavy congestion. I enjoyed most of this job.
Pros
No lack of hours or pay, got to work in a very professional environment.
Cons
First come- first served hours, no benefits.
not a good work place
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Absecon, NJJune 28, 2015
check in with supervisor 10 mins before 7am
inspect truck and equipment before leaving the yard make sure u have pleant of underground cable to do your jobs for DROPS.
subcontract for comcast putting underground cable from ped to house. l Iearned to using a underground mole tool or ditch witch machine with a plowond the front and a trencher on the back and the drill for drill rods. The Management was unfair to me and other co workers no all was friendly. The hardest part of the day is when something went wrong other then that ok best part of the day is seeing a customer happy and they say think you.
Cons
no health care low pay
Work for Ultilies Companies, such as: Atlantic Electric, Verizon, Comcast, Gas Company, and etc...
Construction Traffic Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJDecember 3, 2014
Start our day in a Crash Truck which is set up behind the utility companies:
LEARNED: What signage to be put out so that traffic is aware of construction ahead and how to manage traffic at the same time of keeping everyone safe
MANAGEMENT: It is setting up the area, trying to keep traffic moving, and to make sure that all parties are safe. Every job is different.
HARDEST Part of the Job: Setting up cones around the area that they are working in with traffic trying to go around you and having to divert traffic or Stop and Slow traffic to protect not just the company but everyone around us.
MOST Enjoyable part of the Job: Is being with a partner who you can trust to get the job done, and that we work as team. Meeting new people and working with all the Utilities Companies. They have your back as much as we have there. It makes it for a safe and fun day.
Pros
Like my Co-workers, the Utilities companies, and traveling around the area.
Cons
My Boss is very byass. No organization. No benefits. There is no motivation, insentives, and mannors at Kline Construction. Not use to that kind of behavior.

Want to know more about Kline Construction?

Ask a question
if you love to build this is the man who can teach you how to make it happen and get it done right
Fredrick, MD (Former Employee) –  out of Fredrick MDSeptember 18, 2014
Just like going to any job you have that you enjoy,he like any other boss patient at time,but sometimes things change and get a little fustsrated but it comes together and it runs just fine..
Pros
feed his workers so that the crew can have a good day
Cons
give breaks normally like any other business
great job
Road Safety Flagger (Former Employee) –  Absecon, NJMay 21, 2014
Had so much fun loved being in charge of peoples safety and general wellness.
Great place
Traffic Division Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJOctober 21, 2013
Great place to work and build skills pertaining to the construction industry.
Very relaxed job
Flagger (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJOctober 17, 2013
I enjoyed woking outdoors and the extra time off. Also, I learned alot about how JCP&L operates.
Good job and knowledge of safety and site work
Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  South Amboy, NJFebruary 5, 2013
A typical day at work is to get to the work site and set up a safety zone for the power company to work safely. It teaches you alot of safety knowledge and leadership.
All around good company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Inwood, WVDecember 9, 2012
This was a good company with great employs like a family. Unfortionly the company could not servive the ecenomic fall.
Pros
graet peppol
Cons
could not endoor ecenomic short fall

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kline Construction. Our community is ready to answer.