Kloeckner Metals

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Decent place to work

Stability is the main plus. You're not going to break the bank here. Average at best regarding income. Very corporate but OK place if you can get in at a decent annual salary as it will not change

Productive and fun to work there

The camaraderie at Klockner metals were a second to none warehouse and drivers got a long everybody pitched together to get the job done whatever it took to get the job done with our motto it was a fun place to work

Pros

The best Christmas parties ever

Cons

The best Christmas parties everWhen the old-timers started to retire

I’m a truck driver. It’s a good company. There are people that have been employed there for a long time. I would say if you want to work in the steel business, this would be a good consideration.

Constrictive micromanagement

People would literally watch over your shoulder as if you were a child. Checking the minute you would come in and sit down at your desk. And I was a Sr Network engineer treated like I was some kind of call center agent or something.

Sucks

Absolutely zero work,life balance. Management and warehouse foremen make a point screwing up loads. They farm out drivers work to scabs. Scabs get first pick.

Pros

Decent health care package.

Cons

We made a lot of concessions to maintain health benefit.

Company is a good beneficiary job to have from pay to benefits ect.

Overall good company, Pretty good job security benefits and overall management. Team organization with good team leadership. A company i enjoyed working for.

The main objective here is to get rid of the union by getting rid of new employees during their 90 day probation period

Very little training,bouncing employees from job to job during their 90 with no training time on any particular one.Companies objective is to run out the union by use of Belvue residents whom are close to management and by use of getting rid of new employees during their 90 day probation period.The management is constantly also looking to add extensions to new employees probation period to prolong the employees from entering the union.The company hates individuals whom wont bow down completely to management.

Pros

Cons

Very dangerous very little training

Great company to work for! New Sales Manager needs training

Kloeckner as a company is an awesome place to work. I enjoy the people, customers, and the flexibility of working for KMC. However, Sales Manager needs training for position. Collapse under pressure and falsifies to customers about delivers as well as upper management.

Pros

KMC is great

Cons

Not enough training for Sales Manager whom has never held a position of management before.

People come and go so fast they really dont try to get to know the employees

My direct supervisor seemed to care and want you to succeed but the next superior didn't care either way for your success. The longer you take to finish, the more hours he will get to charge for himself.

Pros

No pros

Culture, growth, policies,etc... all driven from the Top (corporate) down.

Kloeckner tends to focus on and promote projects that bring no real value to the customer. There is little organizational and growth input from the facilities/branches which generate the revenues funding the ideas generated from afar.

Inconsistent Management

Safety is preached as #1. In practice however, this is not the case. I have personally seen workers put in direct jeopardy even when they tell the management that they do not feel safe doing a task. The sales team is generally miserable to work with. They are extremely disrespectful most of the time. Continually blame the warehouse staff for making mistakes that are in fact their own. Management will make promises that they never keep and will usually just forget about any requests for simple things. For example, we run out of marking sticks to write part numbers, run out of PPE like gloves, the dumpsters are overflowing with steel, pot holes all over the yard, broken concrete where loaded forklifts have to drive, this list goes on and on. As far as pay, forget having an accurate paycheck. If you take vacation time you are most likely to have your check messed up. You will be asked to work overtime on Saturday a lot of times on Friday afternoon which makes it nearly impossible to make family plans. You are pressured to put out work very fast, but then they want you to stop to check parts. If you do that it takes longer, then they sweat you about taking too long. In all fairness though, it has gotten better since the previous General Manager was demoted, but I am describing what it is like now. Just imagine how bad it used to be. They encouraged us to reveiw the company in good light. I am not going to put my position because there are not too many here any more. I feel like they might retaliate.

Pros

1 hour paid lunch

Cons

Over worked, under appreciated, under paid, doing multiple jobs without compensation.

Lies lame excuses and double standards

That's what sums up working for this place if they aren't lying to you they are giving you some lame excuse and they treat some people fair and others they like step children they don't care for. Management is unprofessional and only respect you if you work a ton of overtime.

Pros

Free ride on healthcare for now at least.

Cons

Short breaks, time clock a mile away from break room.

Bad work environment, poor management.

Poor management with no training. People are just thrown in and given very little chance to succeed. Place is always understaffed due to management caring very little for employees. Prefer to have temps than hire on full time people,

Pros

Benefits are above average

Cons

People are disposable, very high turnover rate

Stressful majority of the time.You're guilty until proven innocent.

Busy majority of time decent home time.The typical work day at least 12hr shifts.Management runs you until they cant run you anymore.The most enjoyable part of the day is when your truck is empty.

Pros

decent pay

Cons

Never get the benefit of doubt.Guilty until proven innocent.

Decent until pandemic

Company was decent to work for until they began permanently shutting down multiple locations during the pandemic. Sometimes long days and multiple stops, other times out and back.

Don't waste your time

Any good load goes on a carrier. Hourly drivers get the slop left over. If you enjoy sub par wages and expensive health insurance along with union dues you'll love it.

productive work environment

Productive work environment - nothing to complain about to major issues. Work with management to develop plan to move up the latter - network within the company

Pros

nothing to talk about

Cons

nothing to add

Not what I thought it was

Started out with lots of promise, but didn’t get told about large amount of issues that they had. I walked into a mess, but was able to get things back on track. Customers were happy, set some new records, but still got laid off. I made too much money and was just a number.

Pros

Benefits and pay

Cons

No appreciation by executive management

Good place to work,

I loved working at kloeckner, I wish I could have stayed there. Good benefits good work hours, all the over time you want. Management cared about the employees. Treated you like family.

Pros

Free trips, paid for

Cons

None everything was great

Multiple Job Duties & Severely Understaffed w/ no support from middle & upper management

Micro-Managed is the only way you are monitored Here. You are always scrutinized about what you didn’t Accomplish In your daily tasks as you wear 3-4 different job titles!! If you enjoy a toxic , highly stressful Environment then this is the place for you .

Pros

Company Benefits

Cons

Managers and Pay Rates

Good place to work until they started outsourcing Financial functions out of the U.S.

Top management puts on a good face but it seems that some critical decisions at the top are very questionable. Good safety program for warehouse workers and poor communications within branches

Pros

Good safety program and good benefits; however benefits are being reduced

Cons

Poor decisions from top management and inadequate communication at branch level

Common questions about Kloeckner Metals

Answered by current and former employees at Kloeckner Metals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kloeckner Metals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Kloeckner Metals