Kmart
73Above average

Kmart Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA108 reviews
reliable and always something to do
Jewelry associate- open counter organized displays, assisted customers in purchasing of items up sale at all times. learned how to deal with difficult customers and turn there bad day into a great one. Always had cleaning to do.
Overnight Stock- Consistent hours time management a must. attention to detail and organizational skills a must.
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
co-workers didnt work as a team
Kmart as a company that are good to their associates and members
Kmart is a great company to work. Friendly kind members that come to the store and they always have great items on sale for members and associates. Flexible hours and days that fits my schedule
Pros
Very good workers to work with
Cons
Some mean customers that come in
Management was not on the same page with the loss prevention department
I enjoy working for this company because of diversity growth and customer satisfactory. I learn how to identify suspect suspicious and help with shortest lost items inventory
Cultural diversity
Overall working at Kmart as been a good place to start. But should not be taken as a long term job as there is no benefits to be derived from working as a part time worker. There is no management to fight for workers compensation. But it gives a sense of direction to anyone who is interested in work life balance. The starting point is very good.
Unhealthy pay and expectations.
Said it took one employee 13 years to become full time. Stagnant work culture! Paid pennies while expecting 100 percent dedication inside and outside the job.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Determained to stay viable.
A typical day mostly consist of customer service and merchandising. Cooperative management teamm that worked well together. A tenured associate base that made it easy to get things done. Dealing with fluctuating inventory was the most difficult part of the job.
It was a good job overall
Working at kmart was a little challenging at first, but i learned how to multitask, to manage a whole store, and to work under pressure. It was a great management experience.
Not a great job
Kmart wasn’t a great job, it was very disorganized and was closing soon so it seemed as if the managers didn’t care what was happening to the store anymore.
Friendly and smooth with Assistant Manager
Like to work in Kmart. Assistant Manager was helpful and friendly and hard worker. I did not like store manager Bsz he was not professional. In front of his eyes store merchandise stolen by supervisors and most of the time he was I involved. If company want to be success then manger should do job with their hand not with the mouth or use finger’s.
Pros
Weekly Donuts
Cons
Breaktime
Not the best retail experiance
5 hours or more depending on availablity. Only 15 minutes to eat lunch. No breaks or rest between hours. Scheduling was not consistent. Experienced a traumatic encounter with an angry customer. Older employees chat and gossip, younger employees are given their workload.
Pros
job experiance
Cons
no breaks, short lunch, barely any instructions to handle customers, inconsistent work areas
Friendly customer environment
Kmart was very understanding to any issues you may need to get settled to make sure working with the team and customers would be more familiar, professionaland also enjoyable.
Pros
The environment made everything easier to do. Work is always easier when you like it.
Cons
The business was in jeopardy making advancement almost impossible.
Easy work environment
A typical day at Kmart is pretty easy and fast paced if we are busy.
There is no hard part about the job.

The most enjoyable part of the job is my co-workers in my department.
Pros
Work at your pace
Cons
Working multiple departments in a short period of time.
Life at Kmart
Had a long tenure there it was a great place to work. Had ant took advantage of the many opportunities to advance ad got to work at many locations. The hard part was the inconsistency in schedule, which is just the nature of retail. You work weekends and holidays, so work/life balance is hard to juggle.
Pros
Training, travel
Cons
schedule
I was great
I was there for a short time and got a promotion. The management lacked professionalism and the leads act like that as well. I found myself wanting to know how this company lasted as long as they did. And now at this point I understand they hire half productive people. That was just my honest opinion doesn't mean that there wasn't great people at Kmart.
All depends on your work ethic and if your a people person
Stay happy the customers sometimes go by the energy you give out. You can always make their day better or they can make yours. Try to explain if there are any promises going on and be clear spoken.
productive
this job was overall a very good way for me to exercise my leadership abilities. also, i was able to explore who i was as an individual, and know while soaring in a higher platform to serve.
okay work environment
You learn a lot in the work zone, it isn't always busy but during holidays you might have to work overtime. lunch breaks are short and managers are not willing to discuss problem with employees.
Cons
short breaks, management isn't great
It was a fun experience I was always helping someone, my coworkers always treated me kindly. There was a few issues with the registers but I was able to work around it.
fun workplace
busy retail workplace.
good management

different than hospitals , or long term care.

recommend to whom love retail.

good, good, good, good , good , good
At times relax at times tense to work
My first 4 years was fun but things change when supplies to the store started going down and associates started losing their jobs or been demoted.the store started losing some of it's best associates to other companies. Customers started complaining about lack of variety of goods.
Terrible
Customers are terrible. Management was horrible. Not flexible. Prices on floor and made job tough. I liked my area manager but he could only do so much.
Pros
A job
Cons
Overwhelming for pay
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kmart. Our community is ready to answer.
5.3K
InHerSight Score
2.0Personal Development
2.9Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight