Kneaders Bakery & Cafe Employee Reviews

Poor management but coworkers make it fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, CODecember 12, 2018
At first I really liked Kneaders. The crew members were all so close which made it a fun environment. After a couple months working there the current owner sold to corporate and everything changed. The new management was inexperienced and lead to a chaotic environment where everyone was stressed. We were constantly understaffed and led me to be scheduled to work 6 days in a row on repeated occasions, and before I had been working comfortably M-Fri with weekends off, after the change I worked every Saturday for 8 weeks straight before finally getting a Saturday off.
This was a good place and I would have recommended it before the change. However now I’m not so sure.
Pros
20% discount, team members are great
Cons
Short breaks if any, inexperienced management, stressful
Fun, enjoyably, and nice.
N Oracle Rd - Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oro Valley, AZDecember 10, 2018
My time there was very wonderful. Great management and staff that helped me along the way. I've learned new techniques and social skills. The working environment was slow at times and can pick up at any given moment. The hardest part of the job was the menu test. I had the hardest time memorizing all the different items. The most enjoyable part would be the staff and customers. They made working there fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Great hours, benefits, and wonderful staff.
Cons
Great people and fun to work with.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 10, 2018
Make sure you have a flexible schedule outside of work. Also make sure you give daily detail on calendars for scheduling or they will schedule you on days you can’t work even if you informed them when you applied.
Just ok
Front end (cashier) (Former Employee) –  Arvada, CO 80003November 30, 2018
The main manager wasn't very cooperative, but the environment with other members of the team were good. Fun and fast paced, not the type of work for everyone.
Pros
free food
Cons
No breaks
Fun work place but not serious enough employees.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 11, 2018
A typical day of work would be taking food out, taking orders and cleaning around the store. Employees weren't cooperative when you asked them to help with a task.
Pros
Nice pay
Cons
Short breaks
Delicious Food, Busy Environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTNovember 6, 2018
you're never bored working at this restaurant! the owner likes to pop in to check and make sure that everything is done with tactical precision. she's a real treat!
it was fine
Food Prep and Service/Cashier/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 29, 2018
Flexible schedule if needed. I liked the nice coworkers. Keep you busy during the lunch rush. It was fine. Disliked the drive thru. Slow periods were hardest for me I like to keep busy.
Terrible Job
Pastry Chef/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Blue springs, MOOctober 25, 2018
I was excited to work at Kneaders but soon after being hired I already grew tired of it. They lie about the starting wage and hours and no breaks what so ever, even after working 8 hours straight. Theyre incredibly demanding when it comes to their employees appearence, no tattoos and you have to shave everyday. Expect too much for little pay in return. Also they enjoy playing the blame game. I don't even get a food discount. The worst job I've ever had.
Pros
Absolutely none
Need more organization
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTOctober 21, 2018
Great job till they had employees quit and started having 1 person do 3 jobs and 3 shifts. If ill, they would require I be there preparing food which I found unsanitary. I don't think food handlers should work sick.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
I needed more training and they needed to employ more people.
Negative Culture, Exhausting Expectations
Pastry (Former Employee) –  Orem, UTOctober 13, 2018
In my personal experience with this company, I went through a lot of negative experiences that ultimately left me overworked and burnt out, mentally exhausted, and overall disappointed with the company. The flagship store has a high turnover rate and there is a reason for it. I have to say that this may not be the case at other locations but it was for the one I worked at.

What to know ahead of time:
-In the pastry team there is no conversation allowed and no music to be heard.
-Each day the team and store relies on an amount of work that in my case was difficult to achieve unless you choose to forfeit your breaks- 2 15min and a lunch that are technically allowed.
-I clearly put forth a lot of effort to learn and be teachable and exhibit a sense of urgency. Despite this I received attitudes of impatience and had a very difficult time being welcomed by my new coworkers.
-A positive and outgoing personality is highly valued. If this isn't already natural for you you will most likely struggle changing yourself to keep up.

I hope that there will be a shift in the culture and that this will lead to a better experience for the employees and a lower turnover rate.
The improvements that may have made me want to stay with the company:
Breaks should be not only permitted but encouraged by management.
If keeping employees is the goal, there needs to be a greater effort of care, appreciation, and respect.
*a doctors note I submitted regarding a serious illness was second guessed in favor of achieving production goals*
Cons
see review
Good but...
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, UTOctober 9, 2018
Great team and cooperation, but pay was not enough for the work we did. They usually worked with you if you needed time off. It’s a good starter job, but is not sustainable.
Pros
20% off discount
Cons
Didn’t give breaks even though we’re all under eighteen.
I like it was the people were rude
Cook (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 25, 2018
I worked there for a 2 month and I really like it but there always somebody to pick on you or say you didn't do your job when it wasn't them doing there job
Pros
No food but drinks were in them
Cons
They did let me have a smoke break but i never had a real break
Great job for people looking to build resume during college or a career in food
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTAugust 29, 2018
Excellent atmosphere to work in with a lot of great people. Lots of opportunity for advancement and growth within the company if you are doing what you're supposed to do. Hard work doesn't go unnoticed and managers reward you fairly. Restaurants are usually tough with scheduling but you can tell they try to work with people and their schedules (school, 2nd job, etc)
Pros
Environment, management, discounts
Cons
Benefits only for full-time employees
Stressful with awful management
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AzAugust 28, 2018
At my specific store the manager who hired me ended up leaving and was replaced by an awful, abusive manager. I was in high school at the time and was made to be the only person to run the grill in the back despite being hired not a few weeks before. Im sure not all locations are like this but stay away from the location in Scottsdale, Az. Its left a bad taste in my mouth.
The job was a temporary job at the moment I was in school and looking for a job close to home .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix,ArizonaAugust 28, 2018
Again with management and teaching newbies the ropes they were basically no help . The managers where inconsistent with keeping everyone happy , I did go on a month of only work twice every week .
Pros
Discounts and walking distance five minutes to work
Cons
Most of the time no work breaks, no benefits and not enough raises
Stressful but lots of fun
Cashier/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 19, 2018
I had a very amazing time working for Kneaders. The job is pretty simple after you learn the basics. I had amazing co-workers who became some really close friends of mine. The managers were always really fun and cool but also hard working and diligent. I loved the atmosphere of the management. The hours where really great with the management trying their best to work around my schedule.
Pros
Discounts, Free drinks, flexible hours, fun and hardworking staff.
Cons
Always on your feet, stressful
Great food but bad place to work
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTAugust 14, 2018
Has a high turn around. Management is biased to a few employees making it a hostile environment to work in. Many employees were accused of theft by supervisors and managers just so they could hire friends into the open positions. It was very sad, they lost good employees because of that.
Pros
Pay check cleared
Cons
Each Kneaders is a franchise. Some are good and some are not.
Great place to gain experience!
Kitchen Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2018
Kneaders is a great place to gain experience! It was my first job and I enjoy it a lot. I always enjoy the company of my coworkers even though sometimes they are unproductive.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lazy coworkers, have to pick up other shifts slack
None of it was good
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJuly 27, 2018
Working there was terrible because the management was horrible, they didn't train me all that well, and if you messed up they would flip out than usual
Pros
20% discount
Cons
It all sucked
Cashier/Pastry (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 18, 2018
Everyone is encouraging and fun to be around, everyone is kind of like a family. I love my managers and fellow coworkers, the only downside is the pay. I wish I got paid more but besides that its wonderful.
Pros
Great managers, fun work environment, easy job
Cons
Not enough pay