Kneaders Bakery & Cafe Employee Reviews

Great job for people looking to build resume during college or a career in food
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Bountiful, UTAugust 29, 2018
Excellent atmosphere to work in with a lot of great people. Lots of opportunity for advancement and growth within the company if you are doing what you're supposed to do. Hard work doesn't go unnoticed and managers reward you fairly. Restaurants are usually tough with scheduling but you can tell they try to work with people and their schedules (school, 2nd job, etc)
Pros
Environment, management, discounts
Cons
Benefits only for full-time employees
Stressful with awful management
Grill Cook (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AzAugust 28, 2018
At my specific store the manager who hired me ended up leaving and was replaced by an awful, abusive manager. I was in high school at the time and was made to be the only person to run the grill in the back despite being hired not a few weeks before. Im sure not all locations are like this but stay away from the location in Scottsdale, Az. Its left a bad taste in my mouth.
The job was a temporary job at the moment I was in school and looking for a job close to home .
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix,ArizonaAugust 28, 2018
Again with management and teaching newbies the ropes they were basically no help . The managers where inconsistent with keeping everyone happy , I did go on a month of only work twice every week .
Pros
Discounts and walking distance five minutes to work
Cons
Most of the time no work breaks, no benefits and not enough raises
Great food but bad place to work
Bakery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTAugust 14, 2018
Has a high turn around. Management is biased to a few employees making it a hostile environment to work in. Many employees were accused of theft by supervisors and managers just so they could hire friends into the open positions. It was very sad, they lost good employees because of that.
Pros
Pay check cleared
Cons
Each Kneaders is a franchise. Some are good and some are not.
Great place to gain experience!
Kitchen Cook (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 13, 2018
Kneaders is a great place to gain experience! It was my first job and I enjoy it a lot. I always enjoy the company of my coworkers even though sometimes they are unproductive.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Lazy coworkers, have to pick up other shifts slack
None of it was good
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJuly 27, 2018
Working there was terrible because the management was horrible, they didn't train me all that well, and if you messed up they would flip out than usual
Pros
20% discount
Cons
It all sucked
Cashier/Pastry (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 18, 2018
Everyone is encouraging and fun to be around, everyone is kind of like a family. I love my managers and fellow coworkers, the only downside is the pay. I wish I got paid more but besides that its wonderful.
Pros
Great managers, fun work environment, easy job
Cons
Not enough pay
productive and fun environment
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJuly 18, 2018
Great management. Fun, friendly and family oriented environment. Going to work is enjoyable and uplifting. Clients are friendly and upbeat. Management is flexible and understanding and wants you to succeed. Great team work and family feel.
Good casual job but not for a living
Cashier/Kitchen/Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJuly 13, 2018
I worked at Kneaders for just under 12 months. I went from Cashier to Retail Manager to Cashier/Retail Assistant/Cook. The environment was fairly good most of the time and I don't have too many complaints about the employees as individuals. However while management was good for the store it was not for employees who were not managers. Hours were unstable and always in flux, requests for more scheduled hours went unnoticed, and promises of full-time hours were false. You will not make enough money here to make a living and you likely don't have a future here, but it's good for a casual part time job.
Pros
Good people, good food
Cons
No benefits, no hours
Good food but terrible management
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJuly 12, 2018
Seems to me that the manager in Queen Creek Arizona does not know how to separate her personal feelings from the perfessional one. She often throws fits and slams things when things don’t go her way. She also likes to get in yelling matches every time in front of customers.
work
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 29, 2018
Busy great place company care for workers room to grow and willing to train and give great chances i enjoyed company overall everything has a bad day but most great here
Fun place to work
Babysitting, Idaho Falls, Idaho - Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Ammon, IDJune 28, 2018
It was a good job to start at I made $10.00 an hour starting so it was worth it, I interacted with customers and bussed tables so it was decent work experience
Pros
Discount and good pay
Cons
Had to quit because cheer
West Jordan Kneaders was a family.
Retail manager, pastry girl, cashier. (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJune 27, 2018
When I started at the West Jordan Kneaders, we became a family. I was able to get my job back in between volunteering (teaching English abroad), and was paid better the more I learned. I'll miss my group of friends I met and worked with there.
Pros
Free meal, great training.
Cons
No benefits, paid time off, etc.
Understaffed
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJune 27, 2018
Incredibly high turnover rate due to the massive work load placed on specific positions in the establishment. The choice of management to purposefully run the business understaffed creates a stressful work environment for some of the positions of employment, not to mention the pressure that management often places upon said positions to do the work of about four people by yourself in roughly three hours.
Pros
You get a 6 cent discount off $10 sandwiches
Cons
Understaffed, pressure from management, stressful work environment
Fun workplace!
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kaysville, UTJune 18, 2018
Very friendly Managers and employees. They are willing to work with you and your hours. They really do get to spend time with you and get to know you.
It was okay
Expiditor (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJune 18, 2018
It was a pretty good job. It's good if you are in high school, but that's it. THe problem is the hours suck. They were never consistant and you can't really ask for certain days.,
My favorite job ever
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 16, 2018
Love this job, love my co workers, many opportunities to learn and advance. Has been a great experience. I plan on staying with this job for a very long time.
Pros
Fast paced, great enviroment
Cons
no paid time off
Great Company
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJune 15, 2018
I loved working here! I was very upset when I had to leave because I felt like everyone there was family! If I had the opportunity to come back and work for them I would no questions asked.
Great place
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 14, 2018
It's a great place to work at, it is just a face paced environment and it is stressful so when it is busy, you have to focus and do what is expected of you.
Fun workplace, hard on the body
Head Baker/Head Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJune 14, 2018
Fun place to work
Easy work, Hard on the body
Decent pay
Heavy Lifting
Repetitive motions
easy going management (in some locations)
Corporation
Same things to do every day