Kneaders Bakery & Cafe Employee Reviews

productive and fun environment
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UTJuly 18, 2018
Great management. Fun, friendly and family oriented environment. Going to work is enjoyable and uplifting. Clients are friendly and upbeat. Management is flexible and understanding and wants you to succeed. Great team work and family feel.
Good casual job but not for a living
Cashier/Kitchen/Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Bountiful, UTJuly 13, 2018
I worked at Kneaders for just under 12 months. I went from Cashier to Retail Manager to Cashier/Retail Assistant/Cook. The environment was fairly good most of the time and I don't have too many complaints about the employees as individuals. However while management was good for the store it was not for employees who were not managers. Hours were unstable and always in flux, requests for more scheduled hours went unnoticed, and promises of full-time hours were false. You will not make enough money here to make a living and you likely don't have a future here, but it's good for a casual part time job.
Pros
Good people, good food
Cons
No benefits, no hours
Good food but terrible management
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Queen Creek, AZJuly 12, 2018
Seems to me that the manager in Queen Creek Arizona does not know how to separate her personal feelings from the perfessional one. She often throws fits and slams things when things don’t go her way. She also likes to get in yelling matches every time in front of customers.
work
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 29, 2018
Busy great place company care for workers room to grow and willing to train and give great chances i enjoyed company overall everything has a bad day but most great here
Fun place to work
Babysitting, Idaho Falls, Idaho - Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Ammon, IDJune 28, 2018
It was a good job to start at I made $10.00 an hour starting so it was worth it, I interacted with customers and bussed tables so it was decent work experience
Pros
Discount and good pay
Cons
Had to quit because cheer
West Jordan Kneaders was a family.
Retail manager, pastry girl, cashier. (Former Employee) –  West Jordan, UTJune 27, 2018
When I started at the West Jordan Kneaders, we became a family. I was able to get my job back in between volunteering (teaching English abroad), and was paid better the more I learned. I'll miss my group of friends I met and worked with there.
Pros
Free meal, great training.
Cons
No benefits, paid time off, etc.
Understaffed
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Parker, COJune 27, 2018
Incredibly high turnover rate due to the massive work load placed on specific positions in the establishment. The choice of management to purposefully run the business understaffed creates a stressful work environment for some of the positions of employment, not to mention the pressure that management often places upon said positions to do the work of about four people by yourself in roughly three hours.
Pros
You get a 6 cent discount off $10 sandwiches
Cons
Understaffed, pressure from management, stressful work environment
Fun workplace!
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kaysville, UTJune 18, 2018
Very friendly Managers and employees. They are willing to work with you and your hours. They really do get to spend time with you and get to know you.
It was okay
Expiditor (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJune 18, 2018
It was a pretty good job. It's good if you are in high school, but that's it. THe problem is the hours suck. They were never consistant and you can't really ask for certain days.,
My favorite job ever
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 16, 2018
Love this job, love my co workers, many opportunities to learn and advance. Has been a great experience. I plan on staying with this job for a very long time.
Pros
Fast paced, great enviroment
Cons
no paid time off
Great Company
Pastry Chef (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTJune 15, 2018
I loved working here! I was very upset when I had to leave because I felt like everyone there was family! If I had the opportunity to come back and work for them I would no questions asked.
Great place
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 14, 2018
It's a great place to work at, it is just a face paced environment and it is stressful so when it is busy, you have to focus and do what is expected of you.
Fun workplace, hard on the body
Head Baker/Head Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Arvada, COJune 14, 2018
Fun place to work
Easy work, Hard on the body
Decent pay
Heavy Lifting
Repetitive motions
easy going management (in some locations)
Corporation
Same things to do every day
Good environment depending on location
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2018
On a typical day at work it would consist of a fast paced working environment and stressful moments. Learned how to advance communication skills and handling money.
Terrible place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTJune 12, 2018
GM was terrible and acted like a kid. If you didn’t bend over backwards to do everything he told you to do, even when it was part of his job, he didn’t like you and pushed others to not like you as well. Night managers were all 16-18 years old and ran the store like a playground and just goofed off the whole time. Pastry has is out for the bakers but I never could figure out why, and when I say has it out I mean picking fights, complaining to management even when it wasn’t the bakers, leaving nasty notes on the board, just a very hostile environment. I never got longer than a 15 minute break, they expect work to be done faster than humanly possible and regardless on how well you do “it could of been done faster”. They threaten to fire you when you need time off. The GM ran on favoritism so if you were in with him you could have any time off, any hours, and made the people he didn’t like pick up other people’s work so they didn’t have to work as hard. I’ve had mulitple friends besides myself get jobs at different locations and be hired on with a certain pay then when they get their paycheck it’s 2-4 dollars less an hour then what they were told they were going to get and when asking the manager all they say is “I never said that and you don’t run the company so be happy I’m paying you”. I wouldn’t recommend working here it’s a very hostile and shady work place. The managers get away with ANYTHING it’s like playing poker with the devil, regardless on how well you are doing the devil will always win.
Pros
very small discount on food
Cons
Bad management, short/no breaks and hostile environment
Interesting and good first job experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arvada, COJune 10, 2018
It was an unconventional first job, to say the least. The management and employees were very nice and helpful but there was no formal training given to me, it was more of a learn as you go type job which was challenging. It was a welcoming environment and I'm glad I started there.
Pros
Free lunches.
Cons
no breaks or formal corporate training.
Fun but Stressful at Times
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 7, 2018
I really did love the job, I was there about 2 years. The only thing I didn't like is a lot of people began to quit making it stressful as a Night Manager because I had to train them which made my job a lot harder especially when you're training multiple people.
Pros
Willing to work with my schedule
Cons
Stressful at Times
Fun people and managers, but job is only just worth it.
Pastry Chef (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Grove, UTJune 6, 2018
The management (managers) is amazing, and the people are great, get along great with everyone. But very stressful and don't always feel appreciated by overall company or get the benefits, or rewards, expected or promised.

Small rules changes reguarly, one day you have certain days off promised, but in a week, rules will be made and on demand to follow with no heads up that change everything and not always fair or just to employees.
Pros
discounts, coworkers are amazing
Cons
stressful, unfair
They expect the impossible
Manager (Former Employee) –  IdahoJune 6, 2018
I always felt as though what I did was never enough. I worked at least 8 hours a day but I had days that were more than 12. There are no breaks, poor management communication, and impossible standards. I am not a robot.
Pros
Small discount.
Cons
No breaks, terrible communication
Stable job with a great management team for new workers
Cashier/Expediter (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 4, 2018
Fast-paced environment means you were always doing something. The people you work with are friendly and collaborate well with you to make sure the guests are happy. Hardest part about the job is memorizing the menu to best serve people.