Knife River Employee Reviews

Get fired very easily
SALEM production (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORSeptember 20, 2018
A job is a "mutual agreement" between the employee and the employer. Employee provides their time and skill to help this particular company make money in their respected trade for an agreed upon wage.
(I personally would expect "some" level of respect for this agreement)

Unfortunatley knife rivers management doesnt respect your commitment and delivers a more aggresive territorial approach.

Example: You dont work for knife river, You work for the management of Knife river. You will be grateful to work here. If you make any mistakes we will gladly fire you and easily replace you!
Regardless of your skill level and time spent with the company. Regardless if you have a familly, regardless if your mistake was small or big. However we do regard that if you pose a threat due to being intelligent than your margin for error gets smaller.

Conclusion: In order for management to secure their title and pay they must strike down the up and coming workers through legal means to make sure they dont evolve with the company and rise up to be threatful of their position, rank, and pay grade.

This is Knife river in the willamette valley.

Typical day is 12 hours
I learned to listen
Management^
culture^
Hardest part of job ^
I did enjoy my coworkers.

Cheers!
Pros
Maybe your related to a manager
Cons
We are right and you are wrong culture.
Productive friendly enviroment
Yard person /driver (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 17, 2018
Decent wages , friendly environment.
Advancement opportunities.i enjoy delivering parts to various job sites, they take care of there employees. I am welcome to return if I would like. I why like to further my career as a driver / laborer at this time.
Pros
Advancement opertunities
Cons
Not snuff hours
Male Dominant enviorment
Mixer Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont TxSeptember 1, 2018
I was let go an thrown away in a week! I requested to have a few hours off to enroll my special needs child in a new school which ended up taking majority of my work day. I returned to work the fowolling day too a termination. I was humiliated and shocked by the way i was being treated. Trainers here are not expirence lack of communication with upper management
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
employees has no voice, management stability is unorganized
Horrible company
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYAugust 29, 2018
Never paid the correct hours on my time card, never received my first paycheck even after calling for 4 months strait. No breaks, and horrible working conditions. I was required to work in a dozer with no AC or allowed to open the door when it was 100 degrees outside making the dozer 110-116 and no way to get more water.
Cons
No breaks, poor working conditions, incorrect pay
There are probably better employers for this industry.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 23, 2018
In blood black nothingness began to spin. A system of cells interlinked within cells interlinked within cells interlinked within one stem. And dreadfully distinct against the dark a tall white fountain played. Cells. Have you ever been in an institution? Cells. Do they keep you in a cell? Cells.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Work overtime without pay on salary
Well orangize and some moments but about their business.
Mixer Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 20, 2018
Good job to have nice 401 k plan Coworkers try their best to work together to get the job done. Their like a family network.They help their employees when they can.
Pros
Overtime more money
Cons
Rain slow work lower to no pay
Good place to work if you like to chew.
Pipelayer/laborer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDAugust 16, 2018
I worked there for some time and tried a lot of positions, good place for most hard working country boys. Not personally what I'm looking for in a company.
Pros
Good $
Cons
Hard work in all conditions
Nice place to work
Project Superintendent (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJuly 15, 2018
Knife river was a nice placed to work. Great management and company values. Was given a company vehicle and great benefits, wish they had more work lined up
Fun place to work
Ready Mix Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Fargo, NDJuly 10, 2018
Great place to work if you want to meet more people and have the opportunity to see new places. Well paid job for what you do. You know that you will be busy all day and made it worth the pay.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hours
Knife River
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tangent, ORJuly 7, 2018
Loved working for them. Was a good company. Good management and a good work environment. All ways a new challenge to work and constant work change up to keep things interesting.
Great company
A Person (Former Employee) –  Knife RiverJuly 3, 2018
The company has it's corporate cliques, which leaves certain departments mismanaged.

Overall a great place to work though. Good benefits, good employees, and management that care for their well-being.
Pros
Pay is decent, very team oriented.
Cons
Slow to promote
High School Musical
Flow Boy Operator/ Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sauk Rapids, MN 56379June 26, 2018
The co worker there, truck driver, acted like they were 16 years old. If you are not in their little group they make the job tuff. If you are just looking to drive and make a check, this is not the place for you. If the co workers don't like that you are doing better then them, they will make you dread your days at work. The managment didn't care less what you had to do to keep your family whole. All that mattered was the truck was out making money.
Workday at Knife River
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJune 13, 2018
A typical day at work at Knife River for myself was answering phone calls and directing them to the appropriate employee, as well as answering general questions. I was responsible for distributing Personal Protection Equipment as well as keeping inventory, folding the shirts and vests they received. Was responsible for filing employee documents, helping with orientations specifically Spanish orientations. When employees were out I would help cover their phone lines as well as some of their job duties such as taking credit card payments over the phone. Was responsible for getting massive mail outs in a timely manner. I dealt with angry customers and helped calm them down. The job itself was great and challenging due to getting different responsibilities as well as always staying busy.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Health Insurance
Professional , Fast paced, C E, rewarding, Best Enviroment I ever Experience
Maintenance Diesel Technician/ Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Tangent, ORJune 3, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment at Knife River. Management was excellent, I had reliable coworkers. We were kept educated on changes and upgrades by having access to CE classes. Full benefits and a wage that made me feel like a valued member of the team.
Pros
Bonus For All Employes, Working Monday- Friday, Family BBQS, Fitness Club Members
Bad management
Mixer driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 1, 2018
No place for advancement bad management manager makes you feel like dirt yells at employees a lot of backstabbing .bad place to work at.pay is low,no sick pay if I could do it again I would choose another company to work for .
Pros
Bad manager
Cons
Coworkers
always seam to mess with a persons lively hood.
EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 23, 2018
was employed there for nine years.
had a supervisor that i had not worked for for at least 3 years call me up one evening to let me know that i wasn't forman material and that he was taking money away from my current wage.
i went to the chain of comand and there was nothing they wanted to do,so after being belittled and humuliated i decided to find other employment.
Cons
pay very low, demote you for no reason
Very Busy work place, Cares for employees
Architectural Intern (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, ORMay 3, 2018
Great place to work, great management, cares for its workers. decent pay, and Safe, Long long hours, 10 to 13 hrs, a day, 6 days a week. Hard to have a home life.
Pros
Everything seems great
Cons
Long Long Hours
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDApril 18, 2018
I would work there again, I enjoyed the pay. Worked in town to start off the season, then start going out of town. Definitely a safe construction job to work at.
Knife River
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 17, 2018
Good beneifits, travel is extensive at your own expense, good management of jobs. Crews are difficult at times. Decent training of workers. Short seasonal work in Montana
Benefits
Cons
Seasonal work
work
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 30, 2018
not a bad place to work. lots of hours, people are good to work with, some people in the office never call you back for information. paid vacation, just the normal big company bs
Pros
steady
Cons
away from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knife River. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

1.3InHerSight Score

1.4Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight