Knife River Employee Reviews

Great company
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 18, 2018
During my employment here i was promoted twice and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Great and solid company to work for.....I would recommend them to anyone!
Pros
Very stable
Cons
N/a
Productive work crew and a lot of fun.
CONSTRUCTION OPERATOR & LABORER (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMarch 16, 2018
The guys at knife river always worked hard and made it fun. It paid the bills and for the most part it was a good day everyday. Besides when it was really hot outside.
Good Company
Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR 97231February 19, 2018
Great Company to work for and great people. They have great benefits and pay good. The hardest part are the hours required to work in a week (65+ hours).
Simple enough place to work at
Plant Manager/Operator (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 16, 2018
This company has good benifts, paid vacation and an easy schedule. The ppl you work with are good people. Management could use some work on getiing stuff done for their employees
When it was Morse Bros., it was a fun and exciting place to work.
Clerical Assist/Admin Assist. to Contract Coord. (Former Employee) –  Tangent, ORFebruary 14, 2018
Assistant to the project manager and contract coordinator. Compiled and submitted EEO compliance reports. Compiled and entered sand and gravel quantities and reported to Vice President. Compiled payroll hours for paving crew and rock crew for submission.
I enjoyed looking through the contracts, for any errors or omissions, before submitting to State or Federal contracts.
Pros
People and atmosphere was great as well as pay and compensations.
Cons
After a couple years there, the owners sold the company. With the merge, alot of people were left without positions due to downsizing.
Good Company to Work For
Purchasing & Asset Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORFebruary 13, 2018
Open to new processess and ideas.
Yearly company survery to do better and improve.
Wages are reasonable.
Management could work on transparency and company goals with employees.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lots of OT
Dirty - slip seat
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDFebruary 6, 2018
Seasonal
Make hay when the sun shines.
You collect unemployment in the winter.
This review is ticking me off. I'm done with it and it won't let me move on.
Love my Job
Lab Technician, Quality Control Lead (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJanuary 30, 2018
I worked with a portable crew as a Lead Quality Control. I loved what I did. They had made some changes on that crew and Management was out of control on the road. So I departed myself. I am looking for a better Company to work for. My direct Supervisor was the best I can not say enough about him. It was very difficult.
Pros
Great Supervisor
Cons
Bad Managment
Good place to work.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Hayden, IDJanuary 29, 2018
pros: relaxed place to work, for the most part everyone was friendly kind of like a big family.
Cons: pay and benefits were not that great. Pay would have been better if could have worked any more than 45 hours a week
Great Company
Accounting Clerk-AR-Credit Mgr (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJanuary 25, 2018
Great benefits! Great PTO, Union, Room to grow, The Branch Manager is amazing as is the HR Manager. Would highly recommend the company to others. Work well with schedules.
Cons
office manager
Office Manager for a construction company (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJanuary 24, 2018
Typical day is busy and productive. I have had the opportunity to expand my knowledge and encouraged to learn new things.
I wish there was a Knife River in Virginia - I would love to continue to work for this company.
Great job, great people, great benefits
Supervisor/Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJanuary 11, 2018
Great job, benefits, honest, knowledgeable. Well maintained equipment, follows DOT standards, pay is good, training is provided, room for growth and relocation ability is great.
Pros
benefits, pay, training, standards
Great place
Concrete Laborer/Finisher (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 10, 2018
Good workers and good job. I really enjoyed this company. I loved going to work and coming home tired with a tan. They have good pay, benefits, per diem, and foremans.
Pros
Money, teamwork
Cons
Seasonal lay off
Great benefits and wage.
Seasonal Employee (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJanuary 3, 2018
Long hours in summer months then able to draw unemployment in off season. Overtime pay is great.
Every position has some stress involved due to the nature of the business and short window to complete jobs.
Ready Mix Driver (Current Employee) –  Florence, ORDecember 26, 2017
It's a fun and fast paced work environment. They value their employees. The people are down to earth and generally enjoy their jobs. The customers are nice people for the most part.
safe and productive place to work
Pipe Layer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYDecember 20, 2017
very safety ordinated company, competitive pay with 401k, sick pay. A lot of gossip and talking behind one another's backs. the is room for growth there tho
I loved my experience
Road Construction Internship (Current Employee) –  Medora, NDDecember 1, 2017
Management consisted of the most intelligent, patient, and disciplined individuals I have ever encountered. My internship here was a life changing kick in the pants that I absolutely needed. Working for this company not only reformed the way I show up to work, but the way I show up to life.
Great benefits and salary.
Scale House Operator (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXNovember 30, 2017
I think they have Great benefits and salary offered is responsible. There are opportunity for advance. Plenty of work most year around. They are some what involved with local community.
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Relaxed yet productive work place
Project Superintendent/Estimator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 29, 2017
Was a great atmosphere to work in with good people.

Only thing was they promised yaer round full time work and yet was laid off for winter. I Hired on as a superintendent during the construction season and relocated to Salt lake with the promise that during the winter I would be brought in to help with estimating. I helped estimate for 2 months and when winter layoffs came, they Layed me off
Pros
good working envirenment
Cons
winter layoffs
Poor management and poor crew members
Roller Operator (Former Employee) –  Tangent, ORNovember 29, 2017
Aggressive and cutthroat team members. Long hours and a difficult job made that much harder. Management does not communicate effectively with employees. Management treats you as a number only, not a person, time off not approved even for emergencies.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knife River. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.3

1.4Personal Development

1.5Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight