KNIGHT ENTERPRISES Employee Reviews

Didnt feel this company respected and treated good employees well
Groundsman (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 2, 2018
I worked very hard showed up on time under a young foreman got jobs done but still was not enough felt very disrespected after being talked too in a unprofessional manner two times too many so I left every man and woman deserves respect and piece of mind in there work place.
August 7, 2018

Hello sir,

We apologize for this. You are right, all employees deserve respect! Did you reach out to any managers or our Human Resources department to help resolve those issues?

We wish you luck on your future endeavors, and we will continue to work towards cultivating our work space for the betterment of our employees. Again, we appreciate the feedback!

Knight Enterprises Team

The job is what you make it...
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 19, 2018
Every company has it's problems and flaws and that goes for Knight Enterprises as well. With that being said, I have been with the company going almost 3 years now. This is the only company that I have stayed with for this long over my years of work and there are a lot of reasons for that. This job is what you make it out to be. And honestly, the ones who are complaining about there pay and there equiptment - GET OVER IT -. When I started working here it was a different company who was bought out by Knight. With the previous company we had to pay for tools as well as fuel to get to these jobs. We we're paid on piece/point system and let me tell you, coming into this with no prior knowledge, training for 2 weeks then having to already be fast enough to cover your own personal costs but then you had to factor in your weekly check deductions for your tools and paying for your own gas. It was difficult and rough first few weeks. But I found ways to make more and develop my process that i followed the same way at every job. Soon I was doing more jobs a day, finding ways to get better fuel mileage (only take what you need for a day) and getting extra income by scrapping all the old stuff from customers homes (old phone wire, old fittings, grounding wire) and I managed.

With knight taking over there have been many changes. 2018 vehicles, fuel cards, no cost tools, a good hourly wage plus workorder pay (not piece work).
Following year I was moved up to a lead, and it's gotten better every year. Making more than I ever have before. Great people to work with. A company that does
  more... care about you the person and not just a tech. If you do your job, be willing to learn, be able to manage yourself and get the job done than this is a great place to work. We have busy days, slow days, late night and early days. It's the nature of the job (Not the company). And for the person complain about doing 20 jobs and being mad cause he got paid hourly which by the way the $12 hourly was your training pay which you were getting because most new techs can't make enough with work orders yet, just not fast or knowledgeable enough yet. You should be thankful you were paid hourly, because those 20 jobs you did in a 2 week period I do in 2 to 3 days.

I'm not here to convince you to apply here. I'm here to give you an honest review from someone who knows what it really is to work for the company.
Pros
Company vehicle, Cell phone, paid tools and fuel. Hourly pay plus work order pay as well as OT
Cons
Can be stressful. Working in bad weather.

Hello, sir!

Thank you for your honest assessment of the initiatives we have taken to improve the overall structure of our company! As you said, a lot has changed over the last couple years, and we are ultimately dedicated to the success of our technicians in the field. Without each and every one of you, there is no Knight Enterprises!

Again, we appreciate the hard work you put in on a daily basis. Thank you for being a part of our daily goal to bring services to life, and we will see you on the cable front lines!

Knight Enterprises Team

Not a great company to work for
Communications technician (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLMay 25, 2018
When I worked for Knight they had us running anywhere between 7 and 20 jobs during the busy times and had us working from 7-8 am to sometimes 10pm at night the management team was only out for themselves and wouldnt help those of us in need when they should've. I personally couldn't get a schedule that had two consecutive days off without having to work 10 -15 days in a row to get it then it was a big deal to change up your schedule and ask for time off for anything you got punished by being put in an area where it was hours away from the office and your house so just a lot of drama and inconsideration I personally would advise strongly against working for the knight enterprises in land o lakes fl.

Hello!

We apologize for some of these issues you faced while working for us! I will bring this to the attention of our managers so we can work at a resolution with them.

Very unprofessional
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCApril 27, 2018
I was a employee when I went to the interview I signed up to make 12$. Plus the jobs I do I get a percentage of whatever spectrum pays. I get my first check An it’s just hourly no extras from the 20 jobs I did. So I asked management An was told that it was right I was only supposed to be makin 9$ An the 12$ was extras. So all in all I wouldn’t recommend anyone to work for these people.

Hello!

We apologize for any miscommunication during the hiring process! All technicians start out at $12/hr during a training period. The training period lasts up to 90 days (may be less depending on proficiency), then the technician is moved into our hourly + production tiers. Depending on your location and skill level, the tiers go from $8 - $12/hr + a percentage of work orders completed.

Did you speak with our HR department concerning any of the issues here?

Great People/Bad management
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLApril 26, 2018
I loved going to work, which was fortunate since I was there 8 hrs per day, 6 days per week. Solid team. The worst management ever. The manager accused me of theft and terminated me, roughly 3 weeks after offering me a line of cocaine in the restroom. So yeah.

Hello!

We apologize for this! Did you speak with anyone in our HR department concerning the above?

Knight Enterprises Team

Great work environment and friendly coworkers
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLApril 17, 2018
Wonderful company to work for. Everyone became friends and we worked together to accomplish our goals. Upper management was always there to assist, and truly cared for the employees. We were like a family.
Pros
As a salaried employee, hours were flexible within reason. No set in stone start time.
Cons
Job was very repetitive

Hello!

Thank you for your review! Everyday we are working towards creating a great environment for our employees to thrive.

Knight Enterprises Team

Great company to work for!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 4, 2018
Most of the guys average about $1500 - $2500 weekly yes I said weekly! There is plenty of work. You can work as much as you’d like to! Management is great and they do have an open door policy! I’ve been there 4 months and I can’t find one thing to complain about! Sure there are rough days however I see them as areas of opportunity to learn even more!
Pros
Great pay! Great staff! Well organized

Hello!

Thank you for the review! We are glad to see that your experience with us has been a great one. We always try to give our employees and contractors opportunities to learn and cultivate new skills while also making a decent living!

Knight Enterprises Team

There are lot of troubles in the work
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 29, 2018
Sometime we have the equipments and don't have the jobs, sometime we have the jobs, but we can't do anything, because we don't have the equipments....

Hello!

We are aware of the equipment issues that we have been facing in the Raleigh office. We are working with the service provider to eliminate these problems our technicians are seeing!

Knight Enterprises Team

extremely friendly team however the business structure is highly unstable
Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  clearwater, flMarch 9, 2018
Towards the end of my time there they where preparing for the spectrum buy out, changes in the work interface happened twice in one year. Constant downsizing and restructuring of the work force and the tasks performed lead to over loading the individual workload in a highly inefficient way. That being said they have excellent benefits package 401k, insurance paid time off, ect...
Pros
excellent benefits package 401k, insurance paid time off, ect...
Cons
Constant downsizing and restructuring of the work force lead to over loading the individual workload

Hello!

Thank you for your review. As a company, we face many changes that must take place so that we fall in line with our primary customers expectations. We are dedicated to every facet of our business, from technician to dispatcher, and we are working on ways to cultivate a better work experience.

my experince
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 5, 2018
I started working there with no experience they trained me really good .I liked working there until I got hurt then after they let me go I just didn't feel it was fair .

Hello!

Thank you for your review. Did you reach out to our HR department with your concerns?

Knight Enterprises Team

Good company that could use some improvements.
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29210January 25, 2018
Love the work, I have learned a lot and met some great people. I really like my supervisors, they do look out for you, however, about half the time they can have very poor communication among themselves, employees and contractors. Many days, I never even received a call back from certain supervisors. Supervisors just need to be more organized, communicate more effectively and be more consistent in their following of company protocols. You could call three different supervisors with the same question and get three different answers (when really, they should all be telling you the same thing) Codes and pay plan has changed more than a few times in the last year. But they always maintain PTO, which is very nice. Has the potential to be a great company if they cared about their contractors more and paid their employees better and if the supervisors were more organized among themselves who knows, maybe the supervisors ought to be paid and treated better as well.
Pros
Full-time work, with two days off in a row (if you're an employee, contractors only get 1 day off) company truck and fuel card. good PTO (40 hours first year, 80 hours second year)
Cons
pay plan has changed 3+ times in one year, pay was good, then OK, then bad, and now it'll be good again.
February 9, 2018

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback! Please bring up your concerns to our Installation Manager in Columbia. He is a very fair manager, and he wants to work to make his office run the best it can. He will definitely look to work with you to garner better communication among the team!

We are working daily to make Knight Enterprises a great place to work. Take a look here:

Our Carolina locations will begin to see stronger educational programs as well as we move forward as a company!

Thank you for your feedback, and definitely talk with your Installation Manager! Especially if you have ideas on creating a better, more efficient work environment!

Knight Enterprises

Great Job for youger people
Braodband Technician (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Not a career. A good job for millennials or people just entering the job market.
Low pay, long hours, no overtime.
Very little tech support from management.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
No support from support team
January 17, 2018

Hello, sir!

We are working daily to cultivate strong educational experiences for our technicians through technology and education! One of those ways is through an upcoming apprenticeship program for those who wish to become Master Installer certified in Telecommunications.

You can find more information about the things we are doing here:

This certification carries with it a lot of weight in the industry, and it will lead you in a direction of becoming one of our elite installers that not only do cable, but venture into low/high voltage electrical work and other home service related installations.

We want you to succeed, and we do have many who are willing to lend a supportive hand!

You can reach out to at 727-524-6235, ext. 232 or over our Facebook page here:

I can get you in contact with a number of technicians who can lend you a hand if you are having difficulty. One such technician is Tommy who conducts our new hire classes weekly. He has 25 years of experience, and he loves to answer and mentor techs who may be having issues!

I hope your day goes well, and please reach out anytime you need anything!

Knight Enterprises

The best experience of my working career
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL 33760January 13, 2018
Your co workers and management care about you as a person. Any issues you have you can speak of freely. I learned so much and I will treasure all the moments I could share with my team!! I would come back to work for them in a heart beat! Amazing company and amazing people.
Pros
Good work environment, fair break system, schedule adaptive
Cons
Moving to far away
January 17, 2018

Hello!

I am glad that your experience with us has been a good one! We are working effortlessly to make communication and education our ultimate goals to help cultivate a successful workforce.

Our employees are our backbone, and we want you guys to have the tools you need to succeed!

If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out at our Facebook page:

Hard work with low pay
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2018
Company only worried about production and not taking care on employees. The pay is minimum wage and its sometimes hard to get enough work to make 40 work hours per week. The company has high demands on work production but has lost track of the demands of the job and how work orders have different requirements that cause you not to meet certain timeframes.
love it
Spectrum Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 23, 2017
great boss good job to make good money boss is great the work is steady paid training gets you hands on if you have little to no experience they offer benefits
Stay away from this company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Polk County, FLNovember 22, 2017
This company has favoritism. Some guys make all the money because they are favored get triple plays and stay in one zip code while other guys are all over the county doin upgrades and downgrades which pay very little the favoritism is clear to see... management doesnt care and will give their favorite techs nothimg but triple plays while youre busting your back buring cable or doing upgrades/downgrades...
Pros
Cons
Bad manegement...unreal back charges
Soul sucking
Cable Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 9, 2017
My co workers were a great group of people, but the over all company is a wreck. Being a communications company, upper management and owners were not good at communicating with in the company. Each shift had different rules and how the day would be ran. Dispatch department was treated with no respect.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
salary
Company In Transition
Broadband Installer II (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 22, 2017
The company is adding direct hire employees, policies are constantly changing. Better hourly pay would be desirable for working outside. Also company transportation is an industry standard.
Work abundant, Money great, but very little time to enjoy it!
Sr. Technician / Commercial Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 16, 2017
Great company, great management, good work amount, good income, but little time to enjoy life! The cable contracting culture is work, work, work; but, there is no balancing that experience with living life. The need for good technicians is great, but at the same time, that enslaves them to work all the time. Not necessarily the company's fault, but the pressure comes from the top down.
Pros
Bounty of work, good money!
Cons
No time for living life!
August 28, 2017

Hello!

We are glad that you have had an overall good experience working with us. We would like to add that there are employee technician positions that have a 40 hour work week standard if that interests you!

Knight Enterprises HR

A difficult job at best
Laborer, Nesco Resource (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven FloridaAugust 11, 2017
There is a steep learning curve in your work is inspected and you occur monetary hits but in my case generated negative income and I had to quit the job.
Pros
Good work
Cons
Lost money

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KNIGHT ENTERPRISES. Our community is ready to answer.