KNIGHT ENTERPRISES Employee Reviews

Great work environment and friendly coworkers
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLApril 17, 2018
Wonderful company to work for. Everyone became friends and we worked together to accomplish our goals. Upper management was always there to assist, and truly cared for the employees. We were like a family.
Pros
As a salaried employee, hours were flexible within reason. No set in stone start time.
Cons
Job was very repetitive
Great company to work for!
Technician (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLApril 4, 2018
Most of the guys average about $1500 - $2500 weekly yes I said weekly! There is plenty of work. You can work as much as you’d like to! Management is great and they do have an open door policy! I’ve been there 4 months and I can’t find one thing to complain about! Sure there are rough days however I see them as areas of opportunity to learn even more!
Pros
Great pay! Great staff! Well organized
Cons
extremely friendly team however the business structure is highly unstable
Dispatch Operator (Former Employee) –  clearwater, flMarch 9, 2018
Towards the end of my time there they where preparing for the spectrum buy out, changes in the work interface happened twice in one year. Constant downsizing and restructuring of the work force and the tasks performed lead to over loading the individual workload in a highly inefficient way. That being said they have excellent benefits package 401k, insurance paid time off, ect...
Pros
excellent benefits package 401k, insurance paid time off, ect...
Cons
Constant downsizing and restructuring of the work force lead to over loading the individual workload
my experince
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLMarch 5, 2018
I started working there with no experience they trained me really good .I liked working there until I got hurt then after they let me go I just didn't feel it was fair .
Good company that could use some improvements.
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC 29210January 25, 2018
Love the work, I have learned a lot and met some great people. I really like my supervisors, they do look out for you, however, about half the time they can have very poor communication among themselves, employees and contractors. Many days, I never even received a call back from certain supervisors. Supervisors just need to be more organized, communicate more effectively and be more consistent in their following of company protocols. You could call three different supervisors with the same question and get three different answers (when really, they should all be telling you the same thing) Codes and pay plan has changed more than a few times in the last year. But they always maintain PTO, which is very nice. Has the potential to be a great company if they cared about their contractors more and paid their employees better and if the supervisors were more organized among themselves who knows, maybe the supervisors ought to be paid and treated better as well.
Pros
Full-time work, with two days off in a row (if you're an employee, contractors only get 1 day off) company truck and fuel card. good PTO (40 hours first year, 80 hours second year)
Cons
pay plan has changed 3+ times in one year, pay was good, then OK, then bad, and now it'll be good again.
February 9, 2018

Hello!

Thank you for your feedback! Please bring up your concerns to our Installation Manager in Columbia. He is a very fair manager, and he wants to work to make his office run the best it can. He will definitely look to work with you to garner better communication among the team!

We are working daily to make Knight Enterprises a great place to work. Take a look here:

Our Carolina locations will begin to see stronger educational programs as well as we move forward as a company!

Thank you for your feedback, and definitely talk with your Installation Manager! Especially if you have ideas on creating a better, more efficient work environment!

Knight Enterprises

Great Job for youger people
Braodband Technician (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Not a career. A good job for millennials or people just entering the job market.
Low pay, long hours, no overtime.
Very little tech support from management.
Pros
Working alone
Cons
No support from support team
January 17, 2018

Hello, sir!

We are working daily to cultivate strong educational experiences for our technicians through technology and education! One of those ways is through an upcoming apprenticeship program for those who wish to become Master Installer certified in Telecommunications.

You can find more information about the things we are doing here:

This certification carries with it a lot of weight in the industry, and it will lead you in a direction of becoming one of our elite installers that not only do cable, but venture into low/high voltage electrical work and other home service related installations.

We want you to succeed, and we do have many who are willing to lend a supportive hand!

You can reach out to at 727-524-6235, ext. 232 or over our Facebook page here:

I can get you in contact with a number of technicians who can lend you a hand if you are having difficulty. One such technician is Tommy who conducts our new hire classes weekly. He has 25 years of experience, and he loves to answer and mentor techs who may be having issues!

I hope your day goes well, and please reach out anytime you need anything!

Knight Enterprises

The best experience of my working career
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FL 33760January 13, 2018
Your co workers and management care about you as a person. Any issues you have you can speak of freely. I learned so much and I will treasure all the moments I could share with my team!! I would come back to work for them in a heart beat! Amazing company and amazing people.
Pros
Good work environment, fair break system, schedule adaptive
Cons
Moving to far away
January 17, 2018

Hello!

I am glad that your experience with us has been a good one! We are working effortlessly to make communication and education our ultimate goals to help cultivate a successful workforce.

Our employees are our backbone, and we want you guys to have the tools you need to succeed!

If you ever need anything, don't hesitate to reach out at our Facebook page:

Hard work with low pay
Installation Technician (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 10, 2018
Company only worried about production and not taking care on employees. The pay is minimum wage and its sometimes hard to get enough work to make 40 work hours per week. The company has high demands on work production but has lost track of the demands of the job and how work orders have different requirements that cause you not to meet certain timeframes.
love it
Spectrum Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 23, 2017
great boss good job to make good money boss is great the work is steady paid training gets you hands on if you have little to no experience they offer benefits
Stay away from this company
Technician (Former Employee) –  Polk County, FLNovember 22, 2017
This company has favoritism. Some guys make all the money because they are favored get triple plays and stay in one zip code while other guys are all over the county doin upgrades and downgrades which pay very little the favoritism is clear to see... management doesnt care and will give their favorite techs nothimg but triple plays while youre busting your back buring cable or doing upgrades/downgrades...
Pros
Cons
Bad manegement...unreal back charges
Soul sucking
Cable Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLOctober 9, 2017
My co workers were a great group of people, but the over all company is a wreck. Being a communications company, upper management and owners were not good at communicating with in the company. Each shift had different rules and how the day would be ran. Dispatch department was treated with no respect.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
salary
Company In Transition
Broadband Installer II (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLAugust 22, 2017
The company is adding direct hire employees, policies are constantly changing. Better hourly pay would be desirable for working outside. Also company transportation is an industry standard.
Work abundant, Money great, but very little time to enjoy it!
Sr. Technician / Commercial Technician (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLAugust 16, 2017
Great company, great management, good work amount, good income, but little time to enjoy life! The cable contracting culture is work, work, work; but, there is no balancing that experience with living life. The need for good technicians is great, but at the same time, that enslaves them to work all the time. Not necessarily the company's fault, but the pressure comes from the top down.
Pros
Bounty of work, good money!
Cons
No time for living life!
August 28, 2017

Hello!

We are glad that you have had an overall good experience working with us. We would like to add that there are employee technician positions that have a 40 hour work week standard if that interests you!

Knight Enterprises HR

A difficult job at best
Laborer, Nesco Resource (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven FloridaAugust 11, 2017
There is a steep learning curve in your work is inspected and you occur monetary hits but in my case generated negative income and I had to quit the job.
Pros
Good work
Cons
Lost money
Work/life balance
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 16, 2017
Job can be stressful at times. Alot of times you find yourself working long hours for not good pay. Typical day at work at work you would report to the warehouse and pick up equipment for your route for the day. Hardest part of the job are the time frames in which you have to complete a job. Then make it o time for your next job.
Pros
If you want guarantee hours its there
Cons
hours, pay, work pace
Just bad
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJune 23, 2017
You are expected to work your butt off for minimal pay. By minimal pay, its $8.10 per hour then $10 per job if you get 25 done in a week. They have the job advertised at $40,000/per year you wont get any where close to that as a new hire. Supervisors are absolutely clueless.
June 26, 2017

Hello, sir!

The job is advertised as potential of making $40,000/ year.

Here is our advertisement copy:

Opportunities for our Broadband Technicians:

- Learn a valuable trade
- Chances for advancement
- 401k, health, dental, vision, disability, PTO and statutory holidays
- Entry level positions offered and training provided starting at $12/hr training pay
- Ability to obtain a bonus through good work
- Potential to make $40,000 a year
- Ability to use own vehicle for work, vehicle reimbursement is paid

The $40,000/year threshold is at our top tier (Tier 3). The pay per work order is paid regardless of the amount of work orders you do so if there are issues with your pay, our payroll team can rectify any issues there!

Please bring any issues you may have to our Human Resources Department or your Installation Manager, and we can work with you to try and find a solution!

Knight Enterprises HR

Good money good experience
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 12, 2017
It's a good job for the younger generation out of school. It's good money after learning curve is completed. They have in job training an will need to take class for certification for cable services
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days
May 15, 2017

Hello, sir!

We do have employee positions available! those positions are 40 hours a week, full time. If you worked as a subcontractor, which does come with long days as a part of the job, this could be another option for you!

horrible place and atmosphere
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 26, 2017
this review is not even worth my time writing about this place. STAY AWAY. promises of composition/pay at the beginning of first getting hired that were not kept.
Pros
you get to meet different people
Cons
company doesnt want to pay its workers what they deserve
I do NOT recommend you work for Knight Enterprises
Professional Photographer (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLApril 19, 2017
They play the bait and switch game, I was told that the job was advertised at one salary then I was told another lower salary, and was told that after 90 days it might go back up, and take it or leave it.
April 24, 2017

Hello, sir!

I believe you are referring to a different company as we do not service the Titusville, FL. area! We are a telecommunications construction contractor for Charter and Comcast.

Productive and knowledgeable workplace
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLMarch 15, 2017
A typical day at work would include a visit to the office for supplies, equipment, and routing of jobs. I would start my installs at 8am and finish between 6pm and 8pm. I learned how to provide excellent customer service and due my installs in a timely manner. The co-workers are friendly, funny, and knowledgeable. The hardest part would be climbing in attics,crawling under mobile homes, and dealing with irrational customers. I enjoyed meeting new people and making them smile.
Pros
learning and exceeding at a trade
Cons
1099 contracter with no benefits
March 20, 2017

Hello!

We are glad you had an overall good experience working with us! Keep in mind that we do have Employee Broadband Technician positions available that offer 401k, health, vision, dental, disability and holiday benefits! We also provide mileage reimbursement, etc. Get with your installation manager if you are interested!

Knight Enterprises Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at KNIGHT ENTERPRISES. Our community is ready to answer.