Knight Transportation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Its a Trucking Company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2018
They push you very hard and run your hours of service to the line. The ppl are nice. The dispatchers push very hard and dont take no for an answer. they do however try to work with you.
Pros
not much for drivers
Cons
stressful
Driver
Truck Driver/trainer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 10, 2018
It was all right good beginning company not much if you're trying to make a good living but a decent company I enjoyed my time I had there but there are better paying jobs out there but for the Charlotte terminal the manager there was one of the best bosses I've ever had as long as you're willing to work
Don’t like treatment of employees
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 9, 2018
They left me in Vegas and now are mad because I got sick and have to t call a load and I stayed in Barstow to sleep not at my house but a truck stop but they did help me get my license
Good management
Over the Road Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 8, 2018
I have worked with a great number of dispatchers and they try to get me home on time. They give me a good amount of mile per week. Safe and happy environment.
Busy place
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJune 25, 2018
Contradiction of company policies against the Department of Transportation federal laws not appreciative off the drivers. Drive to harassment is constantly.
Pros
Busy place
Cons
Drivers has no value
Good Starting company
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 16, 2018
Extremely low starting pay, very little home time. If you work out of the Phoenix yard expect to always be in that yard and making short runs around the west coast. If you desire to make over $1000.00 a week you have to stay on the road months at a time.
Pros
They will hire you
Cons
Extremely Low starting pay
stress
Planner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 13, 2018
If you want to work on holiday & have you boss call you cell phone to yell at you on weekends, than this is the place for you! Bonus program was confusing & hard to meet.
Pros
higher pay
Cons
no work-life balance
Productive company
Dedicated Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAMay 23, 2018
They maintain a balanced work environment, encourage self motivation and teamwork. Very family oriented and make you feel not only part of the team but part of the family.
Regional Trailer Manager/Transportation Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2018
This company has a great management structure and has leaders that genuinely care about their employees. They also invest in their employees through leadership opportunities and job advancement.
Good place to start your career
Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2018
I honestly feel that if you can make it through 6 months with Knight then you can make it anywhere. Any position you have with the company is very fast paced and demanding. You will come under a lot of scrutiny and micro-management which would test you mentally. However, It will help you develop the necessary communication and management skills you will need with any other company.
Pros
1 hour lunch, job security, fast paced.
Cons
long hours, work holidays, micromanagement, dealing with drivers.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 14, 2018
Im out of the Charlotte NC office it like family everybody is respectfully and knows ur name as soon as you walk in the door. If your not wanting to a make money by running mile this is not the place for you I get paid well I run on average between 2800 to 3600 I have awesome DM who actually listern and know my name and not just my truck number I'm a person here not just a number
Pros
Great people, new truck great pay
Cons
Slow breakdown work or it not done right that first time
Poor place to work at.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 4, 2018
Overworked want you to work 24/7. Always on call. Micro managed never a word for doing good job but will always let you know when you make a mistake. Poor work environment
Pros
Ok place to start for experience
Cons
Hours, low pay, top management poor
productive
Over the road truck driver (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, PAApril 29, 2018
New trucks! safety features are great. just need to hire more mechanics. less time in the shop. typical day would be is to do a pre-trip inspection on vehicle, then receive trip information, map out your destination, fuel stops and rest areas for sleep.
Pros
picked where i wanted to drive to. excellent dispatcher
Cons
truck brakedowns, in shop long periods lose money
Very Cut Throat and Backstabbing
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 23, 2018
I can tell you from my time there I had a blast working there and meeting all the shop individuals. The Upper Management though are liars and untruthful. They will spout off how they are here to help you learn and let you know what they expect BUT wont give you a chance to correct anything. They Railroad their less established employees. Lie about why you are let go and wont take responsibility when they do something wrong. be careful what you do and say at this buisness.
Steady and hard working
Breakdown/Truckdown Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2018
I was blessed to work with some awesome people, however, the no pay raises and management introducing multiple changes too often cause unnecessary stresses.
Pros
salary and reasonable hours
Cons
no pay raises.
Good for a start
Driver / Operator (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 18, 2018
this company is good enough that I am, in all seriousness, almost superstitious about posting about how great it is.

Things just seem to be done so *rationally* here, and *reasonably* too. Workplace politics that I have come to deal with at other places are relatively nonexistent.

The management is doing a fine job of keeping a company both focused and flexible. The flexibility can also make work a bit difficult, in that other groups can change personnel and teams without that knowledge propagating easily.
Stressful and Management is disrespectful and demanding.
Body shop mechanic (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2018
Manager is demeaning, non appreciating , no pay raise, not enough workers when needed. There are times when there is no work, and times when there is too much work. This is not a good place for minorities. There is favoritism, and not much advancement for non mormons or minorities. Just enough for affirmative action laws. No paid overtime, because of loop holes.
Pros
You can work up paid vacation and sick leave.
Cons
Some times you have to work through breaks.
Very cut throat and numbers driven
Driver Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2018
Very cut throat atmosphere. Numbers, Numbers, Numbers and very long hours.If you are hired for customer service or driver management plan on working 50 plus hours a week. Oh and you will be required to work most weekends so your looking at 50-65 hours a week. Most managers don't even know how to perform the job duties of the department they manage and will terminate you without cause if they feel threatened. Ask any ex-employee. The company is only concerned about production numbers and can care less about employee loyalty and experience. They will never give you an Atta Boy but are quick to reprimand you for a bad day of numbers even if out of your control. If your new to the industry Knight is a good place to get your feet wet get some experience and then move on quickly. If your experienced BEWARE!
Pros
OK health insurance
Cons
Very long hours, Low pay
Knight Transortation
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 12, 2018
Great trucking company to work for, trainers and safety are great. Dispatch are understanding, and there is a no forced dispatch which is awesome. Plus the pay has risen.
Good company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAApril 10, 2018
Typical truck driving company. Get up, get a load assignment, pre trip and go grab load drive 11 hours post trip go to sleep do it all over again in 10 hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knight Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight