Knight Transportation Employee Reviews

Great place
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 18, 2018
I've worked for Knight for 3 years and I have nothing bad to say about them. They have been an amazing company to work for. I just had an incident leaving me to nervous to get behind the wheel again and so for that reason i quit. Otherwise they have been absolutely amazing to work for. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking to start a driving career.
Pros
great staff, great equipment, keeps you moving, maintains their equipment.
Cons
just that upper management drags their feet.
Productive work envoroment
Payroll Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2018
Knight is a great company to work for and they take excellent care of their employees. The pay is great. The atmosphere is like you work with your best friends and family and everyone works well together.
Productive Environment
Driver Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNSeptember 9, 2018
Overall a great place to work. Plenty of opportunities to build a great career even though the corporate offices are in Pheonix Arizona. It also allows you the opportunity to grow in your area of patience.
Great people
Sr. Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 4, 2018
The best part about working at Knight is the people that you work with. I looked forward to going to work every day. Great management and advancement opportunities.
Stressful
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 3, 2018
Driver is no longer important. Your time is not valued. Pay is shady. The good people that used to work there no longer do. Your loyaltymeans nothing to this company. The only thing that dose is the bottom line and the money the share holders make.
Pros
Pay is always on time. But have to watch your pay for mistakes.
Cons
To big and no longer a home town company.
Na
Company Driver, Endorsements (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 24, 2018
I don't see the need to do this. Unpaid days off were 1 day for 7 days on. Standard but totally lacking. Vacation(PTO) was different each yr. Some yrs was calendar biased,some yrs equated date,
Commercial Truck Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 24, 2018
A great place to start your career or even come back to. They take care of drivers and their families. There is an entire list of assets provided to benefit drivers
Pros
Bonuses are easy to obtain
Cons
Hiring process is very strict
Driver/ dispatch need great relationship to be satisfied
Tractor trailer Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2018
I loved being a driver for this company.
I found I put in the effort I got the benefit of nice loads, great trip.
I found at time I stayed busy.
I had a great dispatch, he saw I wanted to be, moving, he kept me.
Be prepared to work 24/7
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 22, 2018
This is not the same company that it used to be. Now that the Knights have removed themselves from Knight Transportation, the new management doesnt understand what it takes to run the business. The CEO has never worked in the operations side of the business.
Pros
You will learn a lot about all aspects of trucking
Cons
skeleton staff after hours - you will be on call 24/7
Work flo unpredictable on a daily basis
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 19, 2018
For being an independent contractor leased onto Knight Transportation management doesn't have our best interest at hand. Instead of working with us to make the most out of our business, lately they tend to lean towards the attitude that we make too much money and don't consider the cost of doing business a factor for success or failure.
Pros
Independence
Cons
inconsistancy
Salary Consistency and unpredictable freight.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CA 92337August 17, 2018
As an Independent Contractor leased onto Knight Transportation, management tends to forget that we are in the program to make money and not be paid as a company driver.

Managers/advisors are envious of what we generate and hold us back from our true potential therefore resulting in less money generated. The cost that it takes to be successful
should not out weigh the revenue generated period at any level.
Pros
Independency
Cons
Revenue not Consistant.
Seems like the big company that has it's problems.
CDL Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 15, 2018
Just drive and load and unload where ever they sent you. They were able to get me to Virginia to see my son, it took 3 loads to get me back to the west.
Pros
Great place for a new person to start.
Cons
Pay and loads.
good equipment, decent benefits
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 7, 2018
Used to be a great place to work..Has become to large and less concerned about well being of drivers.Drivers are task with ever added work load.. Wait time for maintenance is usually a 24 hour layover at a terminal.. No pay for that..Empty trailers are hard to find and you waste hours looking for one with no pay..
Pros
good equipment
Cons
poor dispatchers with high turnover rate
Don't waste your time at Knight.
Commercial Driver- Class A (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2018
False promises on weekly mileage. DM 'S are a joke & pay is horrible.
Get paid $12/hr after 2hrs detention. You will be looking for empties, for free.
Review of Knight Transportation
Transportation Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Rexburg, IDJuly 25, 2018
I was able to work at Knight Transportation as a scheduler on and off for a few years. I had always really enjoyed the environment and the people that worked there.
It's possible to earn livable wages working for Knight.
Truck Driver Class A OTR (Current Employee) –  Tulare, CAJuly 25, 2018
I have been with knight for more than two years already. There have been times when I started looking at other carriers but none of them came close to match the flexibility I enjoy at knight and the income earning potential. The problem starts when your DM doesn't work with you to maximize the earning potential. Sometimes it feels like the dispatchers look at us drivers as an obnoxious burden that they have no choice but to deal with. It feels like they forget that we are a very important link in the process. Calling DISPATCH will test one's patience. There have been times when I have waited 40+ minutes for a dispatcher to pick up . And then some sound like they are bothered by our calls. Messages go unanswered for hours. Sometimes they do answer quick, both phone call and messages. They need more consistency in the way they conduct bussines WITH US. A happy driver will stay, an unhappy driver will start looking AND EVENTUALLY, LEAVE.They don't like it when drivers DECLINE taking a load. They need to be ok with that. The company has a no forced dispatch policy.
Pros
Flexibility to take time off anytime. Annual raises on anniversary with thr company.
Cons
Communication needs improvement.
They need help
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 24, 2018
I dont have anything to aay about them they didnt take time to help there people help help teach him how to do stuff they wouldn't work with them to do anything the company just isn't that great to work for and I recommend no one to work there
Got home every weekend
DRIVER O.T.R. (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 23, 2018
Not a bad place to work if you have the right dispatch. Nice staff in columbus. Shop needed some new mechanics, but over all not to bad of co workers, always willing to help if strained on the road side or truck stops helping in back in a truck into a spot
Pros
Good weekly dispatch
Cons
No good weekend dispatch
Good Employer to Learn
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed my career at Knight and was treated fairly. Many options to grow within the company. The Stock Option plan was a good option for maintaining a good work environment.
Its a Trucking Company
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2018
They push you very hard and run your hours of service to the line. The ppl are nice. The dispatchers push very hard and dont take no for an answer. they do however try to work with you.
Pros
not much for drivers
Cons
stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knight Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.1Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight