Knoll, Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible
Manager (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMarch 21, 2019
There is NO culture of working together unless you have been there 10+ years. Great deal of talk about team work, then nothing ever comes of it. Corporate has ideas that are not manageable at the site level
Pros
Pay Check?
Cons
No True Team Work
Great design, lousy management
Sales (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 12, 2019
Sad decline of a wonderful brand. Management bullies reps that are not in the inner circle of tenured reps. Several reps have never had another job in decades. Turnover of newer reps is chronic. Dealer development consists of email blasts and badmouthing reps. Constant accusations towards dealers for swapping out product.
Pros
Great products
Cons
lousy everything else
Overview
Machine/press operator,Laser operation, Assembly (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MI 49441January 12, 2019
Worked ten hour shifts in many departments. Worked for 15+ years. Management could use improvements. Was given the opportunity to work a wide variety of jobs.
improment
Light Industrial (Current Employee) –  East Greenville, PAJanuary 8, 2019
is a fun place to work, will work again if i get the a job in that place. nice place to retire from. the place is a friendly work place got a lot to offer .
It was a nice place to work.
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  East Greenville, PADecember 18, 2018
Working at Knoll was really nice and everyone was friendly and helpful. I was constantly moved around to help different people every day with who needed it most so I was able to do and learn multiple things. Probably the spot that I liked working with the most was shipping.
Cons
no air-conditioning but there are giant fans
When an acquisition happens and the presidents of the company aren't present
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MINovember 9, 2018
In May 2017 Mar-Tec Industries were acquired by Knoll Germany. The phase out was taking place when I first arrived and KG had full control of the company with strict guidelines that were uncharacteristic in regards to an America corporate operations. When I first started at Knoll America, Inc. I was mainly in charge of invoicing and payments. A month after I started the company realized that I had the potential to do a lot more than AP/AR functions. They began to treat me as an accountant/team-leader. I was the only accountant other than the VP of Finance who at first handled main accounting functions. Once I arrived, I saw that she was overwhelmed with work, so I offered to lend a helping hand. As the trust grew, the more responsibilities were given to me such as making purchases, setting checks and balances, GL, inventory, bank and credit card reconciliations, .
Pros
Family-like atmosphere for the most part of the 12 employees in America.
Cons
Poor management of inventory & sales in terms of operations, no in-house manufacturing available and always being short on parts for repairments.
Fun place to work for
Material Handler/painter/spot welder/assembly (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 3, 2018
I love knoll, the work and all and not just that but the people also worki g at knoll makes life so much easier and it's not hard work almost anyone can work their.The supervisor are real knowledgeable so if there's any problems their there to help out in any way necessary.
Good people-
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  East Greenville, PAOctober 17, 2018
Not great raises, high expectations but no money to match the responsibilities. Software is not adequate to do a good job. Good employees -generally a pleasant atmosphere
Pros
Good people
Cons
Low pay for what you’re expected to do
Productive workplace amd advancement opportunities
Laminator Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 25, 2018
Very great place to work. Love the people and very well managed and organized. Great hours and overtime offered. Would love to start here the rest of my working years.
Pros
Employee recognition for hard work and production
Average place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 23, 2018
My 10 years at Knoll was a learning experience in office furniture, from the bending of the raw steel to identifying the smallest of blemishes in the final painted product. Although it was a good paying job with good benefits, the office furniture business seemed to be slowing down rapidly due to computer storage vs paper storage.
Pros
I liked the people I worked with as well as my supervisors.
Cons
Business was slowing down.
Resting on Laurels
Data Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Muskegon, MISeptember 11, 2018
Product development failed to move the company forward in designs by kicking back and relaxing while the company had the government jobs. Once those contracts disappeared, sales took a nose dive because no one was interested in designs that were 10+ years old. The sad part, this cost hundreds of hard workers their jobs and not one of those was from the PD area.
Pros
Flexible work schedule when needed
Cons
"Yes Sir" mentality, ideas outside the box not welcome
Good Place to work
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Greenville, PASeptember 4, 2018
Good people to work with; interesting projects. Exposure to working with different materials (woods, metals, plastics) and processes (welding, bonding, fastening)
Okay company
Vendor Planner (Former Employee) –  East Greenville, PAAugust 30, 2018
not much room for advancement. a lot of clicks. But very strong job security and family feeling company. The pay will never be there and a poor attitude among most workers
Great First Corporate Job
DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
KnollTextiles is extremely reputable. The designs they produce are unique and forward thinking. You work very hard there, but get to be part of the bigger picture.
Knoll inc
Paintline/ powder coater (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIAugust 22, 2018
I liked working there it just took too long to get hired in. Managing was nice. The workers were nice. They ha e there issues like anyone else. Overall not bad
communication
BURN OFF OPERATOR/ MIG WELDER (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIJune 20, 2018
Lack of communication between departments made certain jobs difficult. Leading to unhappy employees. Even shift to shift communication in same departments were poor.
Poor culture
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kentwood, MIMay 22, 2018
Terrible culture to work in. Union is poorly lead and Management Team does not care about the culture on production floor, just about the bottom line. No work/life balance here.
Great people to work with, pproductive culture.
Production Scheduler (Former Employee) –  East Greenville, PAMay 22, 2018
Knoll was a good company to work for. I felt they cared about their people and if I didn't get laid off I would still be there. The salary could have been better but it was off set by a good work environment.
Light Industrial Manufacturing
MANUFACTURING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  East Greenville, PAMay 17, 2018
Long tenure workforce. Focused on family type organization. Ability for Hourly Associates to cross-train. Journey to Lean through Kaizen events. Stable workforce.
Pros
Industry Leader
Cons
Lacks Advancement opportunities from within.
Quick Pace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIMay 7, 2018
Knoll is a super fast pace factory to work in. If you are a quick learner, you will have no problem! Training is not too lengthy which may make it hard to keep up when you start working by yourself.