Knorr-Bremse North America Employee Reviews

Very poorly managed! Uncaring management!
Technician (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MdSeptember 19, 2018
Very poorly managed! They would starve us for hours the first 2 weeks of the month and then want us to work around the clock the last 2 so we could meet our quota and the management would get their bonus while the people on the floor got nothing! While this happened the management would still get to work their regular 8 to 9 hour day and go home to their family! They definitely don't value their blue collar people!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Terrible, uncaring management
Terribly disorganized in the shipping area.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDSeptember 13, 2018
Bad leadership ,shipping a disaster 11 people either quit or got fired when I was there in a short period of time. U spend more time processing cardboard than anything ,trying to complete your shipping tasks. Moral was bad in most cases talking with people in different departments.
Pros
Great med benefits
Cons
Every end of month a nightmare.
Inexperienced management in all departments especially floor team leader
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Mt. Olive, NJAugust 23, 2018
Just read the reviews for floor production/final assembly in mt olive nj says it all !... IT IS a power struggle issue with the team leader VERY BAD PEOPLE SKILLS!!!!!!!!
Pros
can`t say
Cons
Very inexperienced management which will effect your assigned job
Actual Culture Very Different From Preached Culture
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 4, 2018
First off, let me say that not all Knorr Bremse locations are the same and that some of them have good leadership teams and my review is solely for the location I worked for. I traveled to several other locations and spent time at them and did not find all of them to be messed up.

The work I performed (HR) was not difficult or any different from other companies that I worked for. Typically it was expected that one would put in 9-10 hours.

The major issue I had was the leadership team at the location. I had issues with upper leadership disclosing private employee matters and issues with leadership having a very negative attitude towards employees and treating them as such. Constant bad-mouthing of co-workers, supervisors, and direct reports.

Contractors were brought in and talked to about how they would be hired and would be shuffled out the door only to be replaced by another who was promised a job and then...same story.
Pros
Far above market compensation, excellent benefits package, a few good ones in upper leadership
Cons
Frequent "drama" due to conflicts brought about by favortism, unprofessional leadership team, employees not listened to by leaders.
Fast-paced work for corporate environment.
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDMay 7, 2018
Large international company with plenty of room for advancement and much overtime and opportunities for those looking for it. Management was qualified and seemed to work hard to make large assembly plant successful.
As mentioned in prior reviews Very Poor Management
final assembler/production (Former Employee) –  Mt. Olive, NJApril 15, 2018
I worked over 2 yrs there as when the company relocated from Georgia and newly formed power-tech moved into Mt Olive. Management was young But Never Ever were trained properly in their roles to take on any kind of leadership. Will 100% agree with my former co-workers on management. Seems their trying to establish a robot like environment. If at all any type of positive feedback can be said the vacation and benefits are decent but that`s about it. You do get harassed by the shop leader because upper management does not want to deal with the techs on the floor so it gets left up to the way things are questioned and poorly run on the floor. A relocated company that when I started was told it was going through growing pains but still after 2 yrs has not grown up in any way.
Pros
vacation, pto, benifits
Cons
Inexperienced leadership
Depressive place + lack of managerial experience
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Mt. Olive, NJApril 11, 2018
Regrettably the management by the the manager is totally poor, the leadership in the production area a totally incompetent and abuse of power, lack of personnel of Human Resources where everything is handled in the wrong way, lack of confidentiality by the person who handle the HR, retaliation behavior,lack of training, favoritism, a place that does not lead to any professional growth
Cons
Lack of management in all department
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mt. Olive, NJMarch 26, 2018
Production area is a mess with the harrashing leader, leader with lack of knowlodge about what the company is doing or about the product. Lack of education,manners and more.
Cons
poor money and unfair favoritism.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDFebruary 6, 2018
Through my 5 to 6 years at Knorr break I thought it could have been better with pay and career advancements. I would like to have seen more even displayed of money throughout the shop floor employees and the upper office employees.
Pros
benefits, healthcare, employee gatherings
Cons
pay, advacments
Lack of management and lack of people skill
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mt. Olive, NJJanuary 11, 2018
This place has people overviewing production directed by an incompetent person, with lack of knowledge, lack of education, management alike, place which has no HR and everything is handled without knowledge of the law or improperly
Great work life balance
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDDecember 16, 2017
I think the other reviews are harsh. I am a current employee and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this company. It is growing exponentially right now so there are many new employees who bring new ideas to the table. Work life balance is great, very little need for overtime and my weekends are free from being tied to my phone or laptop. The people are very nice, we get many perks like free food, company gear, crab feast, etc beyond the normal benefits.
The worst thing I can say is that they need to keep up with the times and allow work from home options, alternate work schedules, etc.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Not flexible with work schedules.
Toxic & Depressing work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NJOctober 24, 2017
Turn around & Run. You are saving yourself from a big mistake.
Management does not care about employees. They just expect the best by harassing the employees.
The worst company I have ever worked for
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDJune 20, 2017
Company management is a disaster, there is a reason there are so many open positions at this company.
Work is not challenging, the company is not willing to innovate, just keep selling the same stuff year after year,
The customers are always mad because quality is so bad.
If you need a job just for money then its a good stopping place.
Pros
New building
Cons
if you have a brain you will get bored quickly!