Knowledge Services

Knowledge Services Employee Reviews

All HR support is helpful. Health Insurance Benefit is poor. But they do offer pet insurance which is a better plan than the employee health plan. I am able to work from home and have all of the tools I need for my work. When I do have to travel for the job myn expenses are all covered.
Pros
Work from home, Expenses covered. Offer Pet insurance
Cons
Poor employee/family Health Insurance plan.
The people who work make it worth while. Not the managers or Knowledge services. But the actual workers. We' had to learn to rely on each other because no one else has our back and we're the ones having to work the cases. So this job is not for the weak or people who expect a clap on the back. This is a job where you come in to fix everybody else's mistakes to make sure the Hoosiers are getting processed in a timely manner.
Training was over 3 months long and was not helpful at all for the actual job. Benefits and pay weren't that great for the heavy work we received daily.
Pros
Holiday pay, weekends off
Cons
No over time, benefits, training
If you are not in the clique you will not be respected. They do not care if it is a blizzard and the area was shut down. If you are not in the clique, you were expected to go out in dangerous conditions.
Pros
Worked in the field
Cons
Management call all day to micromanage you, even if you are with a client
It saddens me to see so many negative reviews. I've been part of the team for many years now and have had a great experience! The bad apples don't last long. For those who want to work hard, make a difference, have a good work-life balance, and surround themselves with truly nice people, then Knowledge Services is the place for you. My favorite part of working here is the people, from the bottom to the top. My advice is to not believe everything you read. Don't believe me and don't believe the others. Do your own research and talk to those who work here.
Pros
The People! Benefits. Perks both known and surprise ones!
Cons
New HQ building isn't complete yet but it is beautiful so far. It's almost there!
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK. They are all fake. Do not actually care about their employees and are nice to your face, but will scoot you out of the company as soon as they see fit.
Pros
Absolutely nothing.
Cons
Fake people, "family-oriented" but really scoot anyone out whenever they can.
I worked with Knowledge Services prior to them having PTO, Paid Holidays or Sick Time for their 'Contract Employees'. So I couldn't really accurately rate them on most of the rating questions. However, the managers here were kind and understanding.
Pros
Hiring in is an easy process. They are willing to give you a chance to prove yourself.
Cons
Like with any other 'Temporary Position' finding the next 'Contract' when the current one ends.
This is a terrible company to work for. They ONLY care about the bottom line and promoting family members. They want it to look like they care about others and missions. They only care about their appearance.
Cons
If you're lucky enough to get hired at KS you've found a career, not just a job. The opportunities are endless if you work hard and sincerely care about the mission of the company. The benefits are fantastic, senior management and the owners care about all employees and give you all the tools necessary to succeed. I've been with KS for over 7 years, I was promoted to a PM role after one year of service and have been given four different states to manage which is a lot of responsibility and great experience. I never plan to leave KS, I consider them not only my employer but my family. If you have an opportunity to become employed by KS I wouldn't pass it up.
Pros
Benefits, great work environment, salary, opportunities, family oriented
Cons
Do not work for the DFR through knowledge services. Insurance is a joke, pay is not enough for the amount of tasks/interviews you're expected to complete. PTO is pretty much nonexistent at the rate you must accrue it. Training is awful and out of control at times. The class would be bombarded and taken over by the other training employees (adults) a lot of yelling and disrespect without much control from the trainer. My manager maybe said 20 sentences to me in the 7 months I was employed there. Knowledge services and state employees do not communicate well with staff. No room for advancement as state employees have it made and are not going anywhere anytime soon.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Everything except the working hours
The whole staff is great and check-ins regularly to make sure everything is going well. Great compnay to work for. I would highly recommend them to work for or for any compnay to use them as a staffing agency.
Betrayal of confidentiality and some employees were bullied. Sincere lack of communication.....it's like a high school musical......if you are in the "in" club you are ok and have job security.....if you are not, you won't have your job long....constant drama, manager never there.
Pros
Paid holidays, no weekends
Cons
Drama, no primary health ins
It's allll about the numbers for this company. They pay poorly and anything they do is so that they can brag about it online. They don't really want to help anyone.
Knowleged services is not a bad company it is just that I don’t feel like I am paid enough for the job I do. But the bonuses are nice. Getting paid weekly is a plus and if you have a Family crisis they work with you.
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!! I held 2 diff positions over 4 years of employment w/KS. LOVED my job until new Employee Coordinator didNOTHING to help resolve my issues of harassment I had been dealing with for over a year! Found out Coordinator had been HIDING my complaints & NEVER reported a single one to upper management!! A lot of favoritism to LAZY EMPLOYEES!!!!!!!!!
This company does not care about their employees, they cared more about their business with the client more than their employee. No family/work balance, $10/hr pay with high work load expectations and low moral workplace setting. When it was time for me to leave, one of the recruiters broke one of my desk items, and with no apology she stated, “Well, don’t bring so many items to work then.” You couldn’t pay me enough to work for this company again!
Knowledge Services is a great company to work for. They put the focus on us as individuals and not just as a lump sum of people. They care about their employees and their happiness. The pay could be better, but I love this job.
If you want to be a part of a very successful family run business KS is a great place for you. If you are looking for super stuffy and ultra corporate, it might not be the best place. I appreciate the numerous family friendly benefits that the company has in place including a program that allows new parents to bring their children into work as they transition from paternity leave to full time work.
Learned about what it takes to Index a case and also learned to work with FARRAS. The workplace culture is ok, as I have worked there before as a trainer. It is so cold in the building. The hardest part is the fact we did not get good training and have no one to really ask questions.
Received expected HR support from Knowledge Services, Inc. as a contractor to the IN State Dept of Health. Knowledge Services staff visited on-site once a month to answer questions and provide employee support.
I really enjoyed working for Knowledge Services . They were very compassionate and are very family oriented. The training is very extensive, but I enjoyed learning so much. They were Awesome!!!!
  1. Employee Reviews