Knowles Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Typical Manufacturing Workplace
CAD Technician (Current Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJune 29, 2018
Go to work for 8 hours with 2 break. Eat lunch and go home. Everyone has there job and there is cross training available if wanted. There is also bench outside for you to eat lunch at.
Pros
clean environment
Cons
set time schedule
No bonuses for hourly employees
Sr. Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILJune 14, 2018
The company keeps making money. They tell us at the quarterly meetings how great we're doing yet the hourly employees do not get a bonus or any recognition. The raises are low. There is no sick time for hourly workers. If you get sick you must use your vacation time. The open door policy at HR is bogus. When you use it they take it as an incident in your file. The President also has an open door policy. Writing to him is like sending a message to a black hole. No response. There is a steady stream of people leaving at any given time.
Pros
Very intelligent coworkers, job exciting
Cons
Terrible management, no bonuses for hourly employees, no sick time
good technology
Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYApril 2, 2018
Knowles has undergone multiple high level management changes and in the past year I reported to 3 different individuals.

The constant change wears on individuals, and there is a "strategy du jour" approach. In addition, production lines are being moved to other facilities thus effectively reducing the required workforce

In the end my salary was considered to high for the position and I was discharged
Pros
good labor workforce
Cons
constantly changing strategy
Lots of cheap benefits
Corporate IT (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILMarch 2, 2018
Free coffee and soda, basketball court and ping pong. Gym and no set work schedule.

Your job title and profession means nothing. You become what your boss wants you to be.
Pros
Cons
What job was i hired for?
Good
SCM Functional Analyst (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 10, 2018
Good environment to work and also stress free. I really like to work here.. Good culture and great client to work.. I learned lot of information from there.
Lots of overtime opportunities
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYOctober 23, 2017
Knowles was a great place for Overtime opportunities and flexible schedules. I could pick what time I wanted to go in and work my shift and get done early. Very nice.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
weekend manatory overtime
Very fast paced and challenging
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYOctober 12, 2017
The job is a very fast paced and challenging job. There are many different types of jobs within the company. Overall it's not a bad company to work for.
n/a
Sr. Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILSeptember 15, 2017
Knowles is the good small company but i like environment they are use Exadata machine I learn a lot with great people they helping me a lot as well i miss knowles lot
Short Term Focus
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILSeptember 2, 2017
Profitable business under duress due to management missteps. Formerly highly-rated workplace is now trying to pump valuation. Decisions that make no sense are likely explained by incentives to upper management.
Pros
Remaining talented coworkers
Cons
Morale
Great co-workers, fast-paced environment
Senior MEMS Engineer (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILAugust 11, 2017
Many knowledgeable engineers. Has to match up with fast paced consumer electronics market, which makes life exciting. Career advancement may not be performance based. Unfair performance review. Politics. Blame Culture.
Pros
Great co-workers, fast-paced environment
Cons
Unmeritocratic, culture of blame & politics
Fine clean place to work
Electrical Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJune 8, 2017
Knowles is a fine clean place to work with better than average benefits. The Healthcare has of late become costly, but still reasonable, could still have better coverage.
Friendly, dependable and quick learner
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 19, 2016
Managed 8 clerical staff members. Scheduled and rescheduled appointments. Did receivables, handled customer complaints, and reviewed Doctor's schedules each day. Called on past due accounts.
Good place to work.
Packaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, MDAugust 30, 2016
I worked in the final inspection area at my job. I was the packing person responsible for packing the capacitors parts in the right packaging material. I would also need to the bend leads on the capacitors that would require it. I would perform magnetic inspection on parts that would require it. My co-workers were very fun and enjoyable to work with. I really enjoyed working with them because it made the work days more fun. My supervisor was a good person and easy to get along with.
Pros
When we would have a good productioin month we would get rewarded with a nice lunch
Practice is getting too big
Insurance / Projects Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 4, 2016
The practice continues to add locations competing with other local providers. It is a monopoly. They intend to continue adding locations stretching workers, causing increased stress levels for employees including managers. Most members of management and administrative support do multiple jobs that there should be additional jobs or temporary jobs created for. Members of management and administrative support are not paid as much as they are worth and what they would get if they went to another practice.
Benefits
Cons
Too big
Job security is...?
technical equipment engineer (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 25, 2016
People are respectful and professional. Don't have common plans per department. Lay off employees just like that. Trainings are available upon request. Hired a lot of people doing nothing. Some employees are under utilized. Hardest part of the job is doing nothing. Enjoyable part of the job is if they give you challenging task.
Industrial Engineer
Industrial Engineer - Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MDJanuary 16, 2015
Engineering Changes,
Process set-up & Time studies
capital requests & planning.
Project management.
Very understanding
Secretary/Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 29, 2013
Worked 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.;
On the job training was outstanding;
Management was very accommodating;
Co-workers were pleasant;
No real hard complications;
The whole day was enjoyable.
Pros
All good people to work with
Cons
Location wasn't the greatest