Knox Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Competitive and forward thinking organization that is dedicated to the community.
Clinical Office Specialist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHSeptember 20, 2018
Knox Community Hospital is always looking towards the future. Our organization has continued to grow and recognize the needs of the growing community in which we serve. We have a strong leadership team that promotes continued growth and customer service throughout the organization.
Pros
Focus on the needs of the community and bring in appropriate care providers to fill those needs.
Cons
Because we are a rural community the pay grade is lower than a larger city.
Great place, Great people
Director of Patient Financial Services (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHAugust 7, 2018
Love the hospital, people, and community.
Ready to be closer to family.
I have leaned a lot here. The opportunity for further education is highly encouraged.
Pros
The people
Cons
Very small town
I enjoy working with the public.
Secretary/Receptionist, financial counselor (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 27, 2018
I work at a Dr. office, I unlock the door in the morning, return phone calls, check in patients, work in several systems on computer. I enjoy working with other's and especially elderly.
Pros
It is day shift and around the public.
Cons
It is a job where I feel I have more to give then I am.
The Worst Hospital
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 28, 2018
To management here you are just a number they do not care about you unless you are a higher up. I have experienced some of the most shady dealings with management here at this company.
Pros
My co-workers are the only that keeps me here
Cons
Short breaks, expensive health care, having to use PTO to get paid for holidays.
10/10 would not recommend
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 12, 2018
cutthroat is good word for it. expect to not have a family or home life. I was hired on as PRN. Not once was I actually scheduled as PRN... I was full time or over time the whole time I worked there yet was not paid as a full time employee.
Nice little hospital and nice surrounding area
Med Surg/ occasional float to PCU (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 28, 2018
I worked at Knox Community Hospital as a travel nurse. The hospital was small but very nice and clean. The unit I worked on was neat and organized. The manager and co-workers were great. Scheduling was flexible upon request, which was nice.
PCA (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 15, 2018
The nurses are awesome! You learn a lot! There is never a dull moment! Very fast paced! Getting to know each and every person individually is one of the best parts about the job!
Stna
STNA (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 8, 2018
As an STNA for Knox Community Hospital, I gained the skills to perform personal needs for sick people. I learned a lot about being a kind and generous human being while also having a strong back bone and a skill for time management and efficiency.
Great coworkers, just not the right unit for me.
RN ICU (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 4, 2018
ICU is just too stressful for me at this time. Need to find something less critical. Great coworkers and environment to work in. Benefits are also really good, provide a lot of education and other opportunities.
Great learning experience and great team work
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJanuary 3, 2018
Knox community hospital provides great education especially if you're going to school! They have great health benefits to employees and free vaccines to their employees as well. Knox community hospital cares about their patients and their employees.
Pros
Benefits, management, teamwork, unlimited overtime
Cons
Short breaks, pay for lunches
Overall it was a good place to work.
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHNovember 15, 2017
This was a medium sized community hospital. Some of the lab employees had been there for a long time and were not as accepting of new people. Otherwise, it was a typical, busy hospital lab.
Pros
Located in a nice community
Cons
Needs a better structured training protocol for new employees in the lab
Nice small hospital.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHOctober 30, 2017
I worked there as a fairly new RN and felt overwhelmed with responsibility. I am a very hard worker and the job became too overwhelming. I don’t feel like there was enough support staff in a very critical environment. To work in ICU there should be much more orientation and staff to patient ratio.
Pros
Nice hospital, many nice people!
Cons
To far from home.
Good Hospital with growth opportunities
Intensive Care Unit, staff/Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJuly 12, 2017
Worked third shift in ICU. Great co workers and Dr's easy to work with. Hospital growing and updating equipment and practice.
Provided continuing education for nurses. Positive work environment.
Pros
able to do self scheduling
Cons
50 minute drive one way for me
Decent job, but not much room for advancement or pay raises.
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 29, 2017
A good opportunity for this community. Fair benefits. KCH is adding new specialty providers & treatment options all the time. It is a growing facility.
Overworked and under appreciated.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHJune 8, 2017
Being that this hospital is so financially unstable, productivity was promoted over patient care. You risk your licensure every time you walk through the door with the unsafe ratios at KCH. Flipping between low census forced call offs and mandatory overtime makes this an unreliable place to work. Management promotes lies and threats to achieve their department goals. I would never return to this place of employment, nor would I recommend it to a colleague.
Very busy work enviroment
Registrar (Current Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 3, 2017
I love my job , however this facility needs a lot of updates and there is lack of communication. I do think the management team could use some improvement.
Disappointed in what I thought would be great
Tech (Former Employee) –  OhioMay 2, 2017
I tried for years to become a member at this hospital, and once I was offered a position I thought it would be an amazing thing for my family. It has brought great stress, issues within the department I work in. And very disappointed in correction and authority of some staff.
Pros
Meet some great people, medical benefits
Cons
Not flexible, always change, no stability
Internship
Physical Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMarch 28, 2017
This internship was enjoyable, however made me realize that i did not want to be a physical therapist because i could not see myself doing the activities that i conducted for the rest of my life.
Enjoyed my co-workers
Physician Practices (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHNovember 19, 2016
Wrote policies and procedures for the new doctors offices that were forming. Got to know all the Drs. and employees and their specialties.
I learned so much about healthcare and rules.
Pros
Close to home and no set schedule
Cons
Did not have benefits
A great place to work
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, OHMay 25, 2016
Knox Community Hospital is one of the best hospital to work for.
My coworker, The team I worked with was the best. They would come together and work hard to get the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Knox Community Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Knox Community Hospital Reviews by Location