Kobie Marketing Employee Reviews

Great company to work for, good people, bad organizationally
Lead Agent/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 14, 2018
As a Leader at Kobie, I handled escalated calls and handled day to day operations. I also answered agent questions.
This call center is new and is undergoing "growing pains"
They are disorganized and it shows in management. They have worked with me schedule wise, and have helped in times of financial stress.
Overall, great place to work, great people, just poorly organized.
They truly embody "Loyalty" to both clients and team members.
Pros
Good pay, low stress, great people
Cons
poor organization, issues with management, and improper expectations
Great work environment and a free massage on Thursdays
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 6, 2018
This is one of the best work environments that I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. The supervisors are awesome and the heads of the call center are amazing. They really do care about their employees and make every effort to be accommodating of your personal situation when it comes to adjusting your schedule. They other agents are very nice and do not mind helping out if you need it and will make sure you know how to do your job once you've completed training. I would love to work at Kobie Marketing again if my life allows it.
Pros
Free massage on Thursdays, Free fresh fruit every Wednesday, and a coffee machine for use during your shift everyday
Cons
Not the best variety of snacks in the vending machine, Hard to get off of the phone on time for lunch
Must have patience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 19, 2018
If you prefer an environment lacking in communication and clear direction, then Kobie is for you. If you prefer a company where two locations 10 minutes apart is like working in two different companies, then Kobie is for you. If you prefer an environment where employees openly and unabashedly mock, ridicule, and complain about what a joke they think the company is, then Kobie is for you. If you want to work in a place where being a "yes man" and backstabbing is rewarded, then Kobie is definitely for you.
Pros
Promotes from within
Cons
Doesn't support employees or provide clear leadership
Kobie is a very good company to work for with great benefits
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 8, 2018
Kobie was one of the best jobs I've had personally. It's like one big "work family". The managers were great they didn't just care about your work life but they care about what going on in your personal life. That always wanted their employees to give insite of how they could make the workplace better.
Awful Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 23, 2018
I worked for this place and i can tell you that the leadership lacks any kind of direction and have no idea what they are doing and do not listen to their employees AT ALL, i would highly recommend staying away from this place if you want to be heard or appreciated at all.
Pros
Pay rate is decent for the area, benefits, Pto, employees are cool
Cons
Management and HR
Offered allot of over time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  St Pete, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Due to short staff. Need to hire more people. Due to short staff, its very stressful. The benefits are amazing, they start you off at 13 but you will be taking at least 3 programs
Benefits
Cons
Short Staff
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 19, 2018
Working for a company like Kobie was definitely learning it was a fast paced environment with bad management. You had to know multiple different programs to assist with the customers.
okay work place
Rewards Program Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 2, 2018
Very unorganized,They tell you one thing and do the complete opposite. No one is ever on the same page. (referring to management) They onsite HR is very unprofessional and rude.
They keep it fresh at Kobie
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 15, 2017
They were always doing things the larger public owned companies couldn't do for their employees, being private allowed them to provide weekly massage services, decent benefits, fresh fruit, quarterly breakfast, in office scheduled parties, free coffee. All these things seem minuscule but when you leave and see how you are treated elsewhere you realize you were spoiled. Great Company I would recommend it to anyone and everyone who hates overly formal or overly corporate companies.
Pros
Private owned, employees given great perks, cool office
Cons
You just make some up eventually because you get spoiled
November 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’m so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at Kobie.
We want our teammates to enjoy coming to work and we’re constantly looking for ways to create a positive environment at Kobie. These perks are just a few ways we’re doing that. I’d love to hear any other ideas that you may have so please feel free to email me or contact me on LinkedIn.
I wish you the best of luck in your new role.
- Ingrid Lindberg, President

Point the finger attitude and unprofessional bullying.
Account/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 25, 2017
Over worked is being nice. One shouldn't wake up on Saturday with anxiety about going back to work on Monday. Often came in on weekends to organize.

More often worked 10hrs at the office then went home to eat dinner in front of laptop plugged in doing work and exchanging emails with directors until 1:00AM!!

Work completed was never rewarding. If work was ever "completed".
Management and directors definitely "cliquey" and played favorites.
Pros
Commiserating with small department who felt exact same way about work load.
Cons
The entire time spent working for this company.
November 8, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We’re sorry to hear that your experience with Kobie has been less than ideal.

Our goal is to cultivate a positive and supportive workplace and we strive to create an environment where our teammates feel appreciated for the great work they do. As a growing company, this is one of our top priorities and we’re continually working with Kobie management to ensure they have the appropriate tools and training to support our teammates.

Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we wish you continued success.

- Selena McLaughlin, Sr. Director of Human Resources

Learning
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 5, 2017
Small company growing at a fast pace. Focus is on product not people. Very little recognition for people who do the work and have an organizational and review structure that doesn't support Developers. Evaluation process is horrendous. Benefits are weak and a lot of overtime is required.
Pros
Downtown St Pete
Cons
organizational structure
August 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Focusing on our teammates and company culture is something we are working hard to make more visible, and has a vital role in building a successful team. We strive to ensure our team members feel appreciated and empowered to reach their goals and foster a flexible, positive workplace. We encourage you to come and chat with us about your current situation and together we can work towards a common goal.

- Joe Disharoon, VP of Implementations and Project & Rick Stephenson, VP of Technology

If this is your last and only option, you should still go elsewhere.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLMay 18, 2017
Hostile work environment where bullies rule. There is no executive backbone to curb the bullying -- in fact, it's behavior modeled by the CTO and CCO and that empowers others to do same.

Inept employees who are overconfident in their abilities and knowledge who demean and degrade those who actually do know their jobs.

Overpromise and underdeliver. That's what we do.

Turnover is ridiculously high. A lot of times, too, people just disappear. Sad.

I couldn't with a clear conscience recommend this place to anyone, under any circumstance.
Pros
Chair massages every two weeks!
Cons
Hostile workplace, inept leadership, lack of focus and follow-through.
Fun place to work
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Company is growing steadily and is the leader in the loyalty marketing industry. Awesome culture that is rare to find in other organizations. Not your typical corporate/red tape environment. Fun, friendly employees to work with. Work hard, play hard. In the heart of downtown St. Petersburg, FL so a lot of great places to at lunch and after work. Many opportunities for internal growth. Empowering, open door atmosphere. Fun work events throughout the year. Very fast paced environment that changes very quickly so you have to keep up!
Great culture for hangovers and hookups
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLDecember 28, 2016
It's got a nice location in DTSP, but the culture is seriously lacking. The employees, especially the girls in HR, constantly arrive with hangovers or from a long night in. The organization knows that it's largely a jump-off point for young people, so they keep the rotation going strong.
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
culture, gross people, cliques
Everything was in chaos
IT Operations Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 9, 2017
Typical day - Chaotic, most people running around with their head chopped off. Lots of cursing at other people, very hostile place to work.
Learning experiences - Learned not to trust upper management's promises. Whatever they say is going to happen, won't ever happen.
It was a decent first job thought
Management - mid management is not bad, they just don't have the training necessary. Upper management only looks out for themselves.
Culture - Used to be great, slowly got worse as the time went by. Ended up realizing that most people at Kobie are either the bullies, bullied (and some cases, both)
Most difficult part - toxic environment
Most enjoyable part - I've been sitting here for 10 minutes.. and I'm struggling. Coworkers were great when they weren't upset at how overworked and under appreciated they are!
Pros
Most of the employees are cool
Cons
Terrible upper management
Think twice and do your homework...
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 26, 2016
This company is small and growing, and you'll hear a lot about the "growing pains". I've worked for small companies that are growing and this company is not doing it the right way. Employees are over worked and expected to work long hours and weekends. There's a lot of nepotism within leadership. If you're not in the cool crowd, you won't get assigned the exciting projects, you won't be viewed as someone worth investing in, and you will be pushed aside. Many of the leaders here have NO business being leaders. They manage either with fear, belittling you, or with no proper guidance at all. There's more turnover here than I've seen in many companies and leadership isn't doing anything about it. When you talk to leadership, you get a nice talk/walk where you're given all kinds of false hope for yourself and the company...but nothing ever changes. It's progressively getting worse!

I suggest you look at the glassdoor reviews as well.
Pros
Free fruit Thursday and a great view
Process Management
Loyalty Operations Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 12, 2013
I enjoy working with people and helping the business grow their experience through my documentation and daily interactions.
Actively growing and hiring company but with growing pains
Saint Petersburg, Florida Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 16, 2015
Overall Kobie is a solid place to work at. My immediate colleagues are easy to get along with and work well, are detailed oriented, and enjoy teamwork. I want to give Kobie 4 or 5 stars but there are some genuine problems in the way before they will earn this.

Due to the company being small and being around for 25 years, there are high-level executives that have a grandfathered sense of working there - that they have earned for you to do whatever they say. Executives often have a "fly-by" management style, not caring to learn what is happening day to day but instead just try to get you to do what they want you to. Executives and Sales sell clients on "Future Truths", i.e. that we could do something like that for you in 6 months although we don't currently which causes alot of problems when discussing needs with clients.

Work/Life balance, if you'd like to advance within the company, is terrible at best. You are often looked down upon if leaving exactly at 5 and coming in at 9. This is a general feeling and does not apply to those that are genuinely lazy at their jobs, which there are plenty. Compensation is on the low side for jobs in the area.

However there are great opportunities for those that want and enjoy working hard. Advancement happens often, albeit not consistently enough, but it is there if you work towards it. Location is fantastic as well and plenty of great places to eat in the area. New CEO is intent on changing the company which is great and needed.
Pros
Fantastic location, Team is well put together and willing to help each other, Healthcare costs from employer are solid for Florida, Great chances for advancement
Cons
Sketchy ethics at the executive level, Often understaffed, Swooping management style, Quit saying "we're like Google" without paying and supporting your employees as such
Good location, nice offices, decent pay scale for the area.
Acct Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLDecember 17, 2015
First off - disregard most of the glowing postings on employement sites. They're constantly cheerleading for employees to post positive reviews. The "Growing pains" excuse only works for so long. After awhile you have to ask "Why is everything STILL broken, and why are there so many people leaving?".

Awful management. Just. Awful. The upper ranks are saturated by friends, fakes or flings. Hardly any of them have a sliver of leadership experience or subject expertise. You'll be getting crushed with work, but the pretty blonde assistant has an assistant. Our big focus for the last 4 months has been a charity talent show. Some of my account teams and the creative dept have had over 100% turnover. Our QA dept has never once delivered testing requirements to the rest of the teams. Emails to the HR dept go unanswered until the 3rd or 4th request. The marketing dept is an absolute joke - obvious to anyone who looks at our site or social feeds.

Menawhile, accounts get next to nothing that they are promised and billed for. Processes are non-existent. Endless revisions by inept team members drive deadlines longer and make turnarounds ridiculous, but they're constatnly going after new business accounts. I don't know who will work on them, since turnover and incompetence make even simple tasks take forever.

The environment only tends to favor people who pass the buck and avoid responsibility. We have an ongoing glut of egos and diva attitudes with no skills to back them up.

Best two examples of the company mindset? After filling out the lower floor we were moved into cubicles
  more... that were so small that they violated fire codes. The printer had more space than I did. At the last holiday party, the outstanding performers - who worked nights, weekends, OT, etc - got rewarded with...an empty wallet. I wish I was making that up.

Just hard to imagine this place improving in 6 months or even a year. Sad.
Pros
Location and offices
Cons
Everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kobie Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight