Kobie Marketing Employee Reviews

2.5
Ratings breakdown
Awful Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 23, 2018
I worked for this place and i can tell you that the leadership lacks any kind of direction and have no idea what they are doing and do not listen to their employees AT ALL, i would highly recommend staying away from this place if you want to be heard or appreciated at all.
Pros
Pay rate is decent for the area, benefits, Pto, employees are cool
Cons
Management and HR
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 19, 2018
Working for a company like Kobie was definitely learning it was a fast paced environment with bad management. You had to know multiple different programs to assist with the customers.
okay work place
Rewards Program Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 2, 2018
Very unorganized,They tell you one thing and do the complete opposite. No one is ever on the same page. (referring to management) They onsite HR is very unprofessional and rude.
They keep it fresh at Kobie
Desktop Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 15, 2017
They were always doing things the larger public owned companies couldn't do for their employees, being private allowed them to provide weekly massage services, decent benefits, fresh fruit, quarterly breakfast, in office scheduled parties, free coffee. All these things seem minuscule but when you leave and see how you are treated elsewhere you realize you were spoiled. Great Company I would recommend it to anyone and everyone who hates overly formal or overly corporate companies.
Pros
Private owned, employees given great perks, cool office
Cons
You just make some up eventually because you get spoiled
Official response from Kobie Marketing
November 17, 2017

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I’m so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at Kobie.
We want our teammates to enjoy coming to work and we’re constantly looking for ways to create a positive environment at Kobie. These perks are just a few ways we’re doing that. I’d love to hear any other ideas that you may have so please feel free to email me or contact me on LinkedIn.
I wish you the best of luck in your new role.
- Ingrid Lindberg, President

Learning
Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 5, 2017
Small company growing at a fast pace. Focus is on product not people. Very little recognition for people who do the work and have an organizational and review structure that doesn't support Developers. Evaluation process is horrendous. Benefits are weak and a lot of overtime is required.
Pros
Downtown St Pete
Cons
organizational structure
Official response from Kobie Marketing
August 14, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Focusing on our teammates and company culture is something we are working hard to make more visible, and has a vital role in building a successful team. We strive to ensure our team members feel appreciated and empowered to reach their goals and foster a flexible, positive workplace. We encourage you to come and chat with us about your current situation and together we can work towards a common goal.

- Joe Disharoon, VP of Implementations and Project & Rick Stephenson, VP of Technology

If this is your last and only option, you should still go elsewhere.
Marketing (Current Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLMay 18, 2017
Hostile work environment where bullies rule. There is no executive backbone to curb the bullying -- in fact, it's behavior modeled by the CTO and CCO and that empowers others to do same.

Inept employees who are overconfident in their abilities and knowledge who demean and degrade those who actually do know their jobs.

Overpromise and underdeliver. That's what we do.

Turnover is ridiculously high. A lot of times, too, people just disappear. Sad.

I couldn't with a clear conscience recommend this place to anyone, under any circumstance.
Pros
Chair massages every two weeks!
Cons
Hostile workplace, inept leadership, lack of focus and follow-through.
Everything was in chaos
IT Operations Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 9, 2017
Typical day - Chaotic, most people running around with their head chopped off. Lots of cursing at other people, very hostile place to work.
Learning experiences - Learned not to trust upper management's promises. Whatever they say is going to happen, won't ever happen.
It was a decent first job thought
Management - mid management is not bad, they just don't have the training necessary. Upper management only looks out for themselves.
Culture - Used to be great, slowly got worse as the time went by. Ended up realizing that most people at Kobie are either the bullies, bullied (and some cases, both)
Most difficult part - toxic environment
Most enjoyable part - I've been sitting here for 10 minutes.. and I'm struggling. Coworkers were great when they weren't upset at how overworked and under appreciated they are!
Pros
Most of the employees are cool
Cons
Terrible upper management
Great culture for hangovers and hookups
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLDecember 28, 2016
It's got a nice location in DTSP, but the culture is seriously lacking. The employees, especially the girls in HR, constantly arrive with hangovers or from a long night in. The organization knows that it's largely a jump-off point for young people, so they keep the rotation going strong.
Pros
some free lunches
Cons
culture, gross people, cliques
Think twice and do your homework...
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 26, 2016
This company is small and growing, and you'll hear a lot about the "growing pains". I've worked for small companies that are growing and this company is not doing it the right way. Employees are over worked and expected to work long hours and weekends. There's a lot of nepotism within leadership. If you're not in the cool crowd, you won't get assigned the exciting projects, you won't be viewed as someone worth investing in, and you will be pushed aside. Many of the leaders here have NO business being leaders. They manage either with fear, belittling you, or with no proper guidance at all. There's more turnover here than I've seen in many companies and leadership isn't doing anything about it. When you talk to leadership, you get a nice talk/walk where you're given all kinds of false hope for yourself and the company...but nothing ever changes. It's progressively getting worse!

I suggest you look at the glassdoor reviews as well.
Pros
Free fruit Thursday and a great view
Fun place to work
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 2, 2016
Company is growing steadily and is the leader in the loyalty marketing industry. Awesome culture that is rare to find in other organizations. Not your typical corporate/red tape environment. Fun, friendly employees to work with. Work hard, play hard. In the heart of downtown St. Petersburg, FL so a lot of great places to at lunch and after work. Many opportunities for internal growth. Empowering, open door atmosphere. Fun work events throughout the year. Very fast paced environment that changes very quickly so you have to keep up!
Good location, nice offices, decent pay scale for the area.
Acct Coordinator (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLDecember 17, 2015
First off - disregard most of the glowing postings on employement sites. They're constantly cheerleading for employees to post positive reviews. The "Growing pains" excuse only works for so long. After awhile you have to ask "Why is everything STILL broken, and why are there so many people leaving?".

Awful management. Just. Awful. The upper ranks are saturated by friends, fakes or flings. Hardly any of them have a sliver of leadership experience or subject expertise. You'll be getting crushed with work, but the pretty blonde assistant has an assistant. Our big focus for the last 4 months has been a charity talent show. Some of my account teams and the creative dept have had over 100% turnover. Our QA dept has never once delivered testing requirements to the rest of the teams. Emails to the HR dept go unanswered until the 3rd or 4th request. The marketing dept is an absolute joke - obvious to anyone who looks at our site or social feeds.

Menawhile, accounts get next to nothing that they are promised and billed for. Processes are non-existent. Endless revisions by inept team members drive deadlines longer and make turnarounds ridiculous, but they're constatnly going after new business accounts. I don't know who will work on them, since turnover and incompetence make even simple tasks take forever.

The environment only tends to favor people who pass the buck and avoid responsibility. We have an ongoing glut of egos and diva attitudes with no skills to back them up.

Best two examples of the company mindset? After filling out the lower floor we were moved into cubicles
  more... that were so small that they violated fire codes. The printer had more space than I did. At the last holiday party, the outstanding performers - who worked nights, weekends, OT, etc - got rewarded with...an empty wallet. I wish I was making that up.

Just hard to imagine this place improving in 6 months or even a year. Sad.
Pros
Location and offices
Cons
Everything else
Actively growing and hiring company but with growing pains
Saint Petersburg, Florida Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLDecember 16, 2015
Overall Kobie is a solid place to work at. My immediate colleagues are easy to get along with and work well, are detailed oriented, and enjoy teamwork. I want to give Kobie 4 or 5 stars but there are some genuine problems in the way before they will earn this.

Due to the company being small and being around for 25 years, there are high-level executives that have a grandfathered sense of working there - that they have earned for you to do whatever they say. Executives often have a "fly-by" management style, not caring to learn what is happening day to day but instead just try to get you to do what they want you to. Executives and Sales sell clients on "Future Truths", i.e. that we could do something like that for you in 6 months although we don't currently which causes alot of problems when discussing needs with clients.

Work/Life balance, if you'd like to advance within the company, is terrible at best. You are often looked down upon if leaving exactly at 5 and coming in at 9. This is a general feeling and does not apply to those that are genuinely lazy at their jobs, which there are plenty. Compensation is on the low side for jobs in the area.

However there are great opportunities for those that want and enjoy working hard. Advancement happens often, albeit not consistently enough, but it is there if you work towards it. Location is fantastic as well and plenty of great places to eat in the area. New CEO is intent on changing the company which is great and needed.
Pros
Fantastic location, Team is well put together and willing to help each other, Healthcare costs from employer are solid for Florida, Great chances for advancement
Cons
Sketchy ethics at the executive level, Often understaffed, Swooping management style, Quit saying "we're like Google" without paying and supporting your employees as such
Process Management
Loyalty Operations Process Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLNovember 12, 2013
I enjoy working with people and helping the business grow their experience through my documentation and daily interactions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kobie Marketing. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.0Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight