Koch Foods Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 19, 2018
Good full time job for a si gle parent or a peraon supporting their family. They hire both woman and men. It would be a place to work with your spouse because they seperate the two
Great
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 19, 2018
Great place to work for no complaints at all on my in wish they would pull my application again so I can return very to become forklift certified and training was easy
Koch is a job I would recommend if you really need a job you will be able to get by on.
Poultry Worker (Current Employee) –  Forest, MSJuly 17, 2018
Its a job that has a steady pay check coming in the home. It helps to pay the bills and helps to provide some of the things that your family needs within the home.
Pros
Its a steady pay check coming in the home
Cons
It appears that management don't care about the employees.
Productive and slow pace workplace
maranation worker (Former Employee) –  Forest, MSJuly 16, 2018
U come on time and get to work as soon as possibleu stand and work for hours until u get a 30 min break then u go back.i learn how some machines at kochs work
A hard but productive workplace
Live Hanger (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 15, 2018
It is a very demanding job but the overall pay and benefits causes you to strive to work hard and the job tests your skills in order for you to increase in you work ethics.
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
Stink afterwards
Competitive pay and great oppertunities for advancement
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 14, 2018
I would recommend this job to anyone looking for employment in our area. The start out pay is competitive with other factories, and there are many opportunities for advancement easily.
Cons
No 401k available
Hard worker.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 12, 2018
I'm a hard worker I love to work I'm available to work at any time any shift. This would be a good start for me right now. My Workin skills are very good.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks
For what your doing its not that bad...
LINEMAN (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 11, 2018
Okay so the job is not lovely, your butchering chickens, and in some places in the factory your elbow deep in chicken guts. But they provide you with a hardhat, rubber boots, also new gloves, new earbuds, a new smock everyday and you get two 10/min breaks and a 30/min lunch. The pay was decent and the longer you stuck with it the more likely you had the opportunity to move up in the company. Koch Foods had an on-site nurse, and health benefits after your 60-day probation period. The only Con's were that it was gross and the work was quite hard. And for the first few months you won't eat chicken...
Pros
Good equipment, decent management, healthcare.
Cons
Hard and gross work.
Bad
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 9, 2018
Employees are too afraid to take time off work when they're sick and get everyone else sick. Also they're working around food products. Mandatory 6 days a week.
time management and attention to detail is a must.
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 7, 2018
As Quality Assurance personnel you must learn H.A.C.C.P ( Hazard Analysis at Critical Control Points)
also G.M.P (Good Manufacturing Practices). A Q.A must also observe and record the process and inform supervisor of any and all deviance from U.S.D.A guidelines. There is also monthly Training and Tests to ensure that personnel stays updated with any changes in programs or rules. There are a few different areas for Q.A to work. the main areas are Eviseration (Evis) and Cutup. Evis is very warm and a bit stinky and cutup is very cold but doesn't smell. the best part of the workday is when you get to call it a day. you know you worked hard and it was worth it.!
Pros
healthcare, free parking
Cons
dirty bathrooms
No good
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 5, 2018
Its just a job thats it to much work for the money. Very fast paced in most ereas. managment is is ridiculous you cant advance through the company if you are a good worker your stuck on that job if you have no work ethic you can move to better jobs faster the place is backward
Cons
Productive and tress free working company
Sanitation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 5, 2018
It is very good company to work for me with a vey friendly employees and an easy access of the management
Working at Koch foods is a great opportunity and to be in contact with the management staff help me doing my work on the daily basis.
Poor bad management
Assembler, Production Line (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain Valley, GAJuly 2, 2018
HR is messy. Management is ghetto. Work you like a dog. Favoritism and lack of leadership. HR NEEDS TO BE FIRED... Supervisor sleeping with staff... Poor unsafe working environment...
Great job
Debone Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GAJuly 2, 2018
Koch foods was a great job experience for me. They show so much appreciation for your hard work and dedication. They provide so many different benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Early breaks
Would recommend to anyone who could handle it.
Rehanger (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNJune 22, 2018
Great place to work to anyone who can handle the smell. I had a blast working there and enjoyed my coworkers, had a health issue myself from the ammonia in the air. Besides that, I'd highly recommend it to anyone.
N/a
Stand up & Sit down forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Morton, MSJune 21, 2018
I can’t say anything bad about Koch nice company good people cold place to work u got to be able to deal with the cold freezers good job all the overtime you wish
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
loud and long hours
Trimmer, Hanger, Savage (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TN 37813June 13, 2018
short breaks, hard working environment, loud, no personal space, machinery is always braking down. they might as well throw the whole plant away if you ask me.
good place to work at with great benifits
poultry grader (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 13, 2018
i really enjoyed working at koch food and i am really looking forward on returning back. have good benefits and you get paid every week and also your paychecks looks very nice
Fast paced yet light-hearted and fun to work at.
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Morton, MSJune 12, 2018
Overall this is a great place to work. The insurance and benefits are excellent. My coworkers are good to work with and we'll help you out whenever you need it. All in all it has a pretty light-hearted atmosphere and most everyone gets along. It is a fast-paced environment and can get stressful if you let it. I enjoy the continuing education and the classes for training in which they send you to.
Pros
Camaraderie and work environment
Cons
They're very prompt about their times. When you go to break when you arrive at work, everything is to a T.
Productive as well as fun.
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJune 12, 2018
You won't regret working for Koch Foods. They have great staff, great management, and a few opportunities. Their pay isn't the greatest because they hardly ever offer a raise or even give one for that matter. I enjoyed my time though.