Koch Foods Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great pay but corruption everywhere.
Floater (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAOctober 19, 2018
I was fired for abandonment. I walked off the job. Some fellow employees sexually harass me and management does very little to resolve the issue. 95% of the workforce there is Hispanic. Employees and managemet are clearly on drugs there. The hispanic supervisors warn me about reporting ceiling water dripping onto the chicken. All they care about is their production bonus.these people forced me to lose my job intentionally. Favoritism everywhere. But the pay is great.
Pros
Great pay. Nice cold environment.
Cons
Corruption. Discrimination. Drugs. Favoritism.
It was an experience that I learned more about poultry and the process
QA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 10, 2018
The job is ok but no advancement incentives once you’ve reached a certain level! However, I gained more knowledge about further processing within the poultry industry. Knowledge that I will never forget!!!
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Pay increases
its a stressful job you have to do your job yourself
Machine Operator Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morton, MSOctober 9, 2018
my job was consist of me goin in early to make sure my line had labels and boxes to start up. and some times i would get in trouble if i dont my right supplies and i would get wrote up for that or sent home. and some times when u start on your boxes they will change the labels at the last minute then you would have to take labels off and start all over and that would cause the line to get bagged up
Was good
Wing Cutter (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 8, 2018
Hated the night shift but besides that the money was good never had problems with that part night shift had me tired tho but i did it for a good month
Pros
Sometimes free food
Cons
Good place
chicken
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  TennesseeOctober 6, 2018
although it was cold it was steady, you always knew what to do and there was always work. as long as you are ok working in silence it was a good dependable job.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
cold
productive
line worker (Former Employee) –  Glencoe, ALOctober 5, 2018
the hardest part is the speed. cold. good pay.great benefits.paid holidays. works on point system.move up through positions.noone ever asks you to do what they wouldnt.
I enjoyed my time here
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed working here. It is fast paced and tiring but the money was good due to overtime. I advanced to team lead fairly quickly because I was never late and never missed a day along with having a great work ethic.
Great work environment
Receiving Operator (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga TNOctober 1, 2018
It was a good place to work at. They looked after their employees. The training was very good for the actual position.very specific. They Allow you to work as a team.
Pros
Lunch free
Cons
8 hour shift
Productive and growing company
Complex HACCP Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 28, 2018
The company has different cultures depending on location and regional area. Outsourcing training for management personnel would be a great way to help the management team become more productive.
average
QUALITY ASSURANCE ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 27, 2018
average company. not much to say other than I left company to move up and expand. Started out as driver than it was up to me to move up, but I felt like there really wasn't much.

Want to know more about Koch Foods?

Ask a question
Great Job
Refrigeration Technician (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 26, 2018
No benefits, but great experience. It's typically a job to start your trade career in but its most defiantly not long term. Everyone need an retirement plan, it's fair!
Pros
hours
benefits
fun, laid back
operator (Former Employee) –  Morton, MSSeptember 26, 2018
This is a easy job just pays no benefit for anyone. A person can 20 years and never get 401k unless you become a manger or supervisor. Complete waste of time
Pros
2 30 min lunch breaks
Cons
7 days a weekj
The work place was okay Yu get to talk
Debone line worker (Former Employee) –  Pine Mountain, GASeptember 25, 2018
The job I did which was debone line worker cutting shoulders it wasn't so bad after all I moved around several times breast table cutting wings pulling tenders
Free luch
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 22, 2018
It’s. A great environment and people are very friendly I would recommend working here for anybody that’s truing to. Help them improve in there work environment and such it’s a very great opportunity for people
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
QA Tester (Former Employee) –  Gadsden, ALSeptember 21, 2018
Very clean an organized company, have many different options of where best fits you to work an make you feel comfortable in the conditions that you are in.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not a direct time to get off
Sorry company to work for
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ALSeptember 21, 2018
Is based on who you know. Is a racial company not for the whites. Only by who you know. If you dont know the right people.the human resource manager is not there anymore. They should have fired her.
Pros
Non
Cons
Short breaks
New company
Evisceration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 18, 2018
Koch bought the other company and we where hoping for some good changes, we were disappointed when it didn't happen. it was close by and that was a plus. pay was not competitive .
Pros
good employees
Cons
pooe pay
Always very cold
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2018
Everyday was different. It was difficult to talk to management about anything. When I worked there the pay rate was not that great. But they do offer a lot of overtime.
very stressful and works a "buddy" system
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALSeptember 17, 2018
very stressful job, works crazy hours and days, and if your not apart of the buddys that supervise and work there then you will be treated poorly. not a job that allows you to build a career on and have advancement.
Clean cooperative work place
QA (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 17, 2018
This warehouse has very good word conditions and they also have great benefits for the employees! Al of the plant locations have different jobs and opportunities you can choose from .
Pros
You get paid good and get good benefits
Cons
Supervisors have favorites and treat people differently