Koch Industries Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
fast paced work environment
Safety Specialist (Former Employee) –  Zachary, LAJuly 10, 2018
management at the Facility level uses the MBM guiding principles to foster talent resources that will eventually lead the company into new processes and technology.
Pros
great pay / benenifts
Cons
promotion opportunitys are limited unless willing to relocate
offers many different benefits
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 8, 2018
The benefits offered by Koch are a large incentive for those that work there. There are discounts on items ranging from new vehicles to travel to cell phones.
Work Life Balance
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2018
Long hours not great with work life balance. Raises are not given each year, Benefits are okay. Team work environment. Review 360 can be better with the process.
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJuly 5, 2018
Nice place work for I enjoyed being part of team I work well with others lots great workers who works hard provide for family a lot is away from family trying make a living
Pros
Cons
Only lunch breaks
Best employer
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 30, 2018
The company is driven by its mission. The co-workers lift you up instead of pushing you down. They help you get through anything and everything. I would totally go back to work here if I could.
Client Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2018
Nice place to work. Good people with a relax environment. The deskside support should come to support the staff. They use technology to work efficient.
Pros
Downtown location
Cons
Have to pay for parking
Process Operator
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 22, 2018
KOCH was a great place to work. My coworkers were amazing. You could count on them for anything. The job overall was great, the company took care of you. They preach "honesty and integrity in everything you do" which is something I personally live by to this day. The pay wasn't that amazing comparatively to other jobs in the field.
Pros
Great work place
Cons
Low salary
Excellent Culture
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 20, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy the culture at Koch. It is a work environment that constantly engages you to think and challenge the status quo. As an organization, they are constantly striving to improve and remain ahead of the competition.
Good company
CORROSION TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  South TexasJune 20, 2018
It has been many years since I worked at Koch and it was good at that time but do not know how it is anymore. I learned a lot early in my career there.
Very busy workplace, wearing multiple hats to get the job done.
Team Lead - Sr. Client Technology Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 18, 2018
A typical day of work may include at least one or two meetings, working on reports, managing a team of technicians, speaking with business partners and ensuring team members are properly trained.
Hypocritical Management
Facilities Accounting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJune 16, 2018
Upper management preaches their management philosophy but do not follow it. Then try to hold their subordinates to the philosophy and make up nonexistent reasons why the subordinates are in the wrong.
Very Cliquey
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 14, 2018
Good company to work for, compensation is average, work life balance is adequate, not a bad experience. However, the department is so cliquey, it's not what you know, it's who you're friends with. There are directors who know less about tax laws than me (a staff level), and yet the managers who taught me everything I know got pass over for promotions and ended up leaving the company.
Pros
Good stable company, opportunities to learn
Cons
BS skills get you further than technical skills
Tax Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 12, 2018
Good job experience. Traveling was not much for me. Provided lots of opportunities for training. In house promotions are prevalent. work place culture was good.
Strong business culture focused on creating value through its products
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NEMay 8, 2018
The process engineering role involved daily plant health monitoring with the goal of optimizing plant production and reliability. Role involved looking through relevant data to identify missed opportunities and help find identify potential process issues before they occurred. The job involved a lot of on-site learning, and all the coworkers showed a great collaborative spirit to help each other out.
Pros
Solid feeling of teamwork and collaboration
Cons
Sometimes unpredictable schedule during plant upsets
Reviews will vary widely
Service Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 3, 2018
With a company as big as Koch, reviews tend to vary widely. There are pockets of poor management, lack of culture, poor employee development or poor team direction/decisions that need to be corrected. The good part is that they usually are as the performance bar is continuously being raised on both leaders and individual contributors. Team direction shifts as experiments pass or fail and the organization learns from their mistakes. Career advancement options are also limited only by your abilities/willingness to succeed.

One thing that is constant is the level of performance expected every day. If you don’t like a fast paced, constantly changing environment and would rather have a laid-back job, this is NOT the place for you. It is exhausting, yes, but also highly rewarding. Culture is also the key driver for most decisions and actions. It is at the heart of every role and performance is based on it. If you have difficulty with that, then Koch is again, NOT the place for you. But if you are, it is absolutely amazing to see what a group of like-minded individuals can achieve.

Like with most reviews, you need to look at both the current and former employees as they are two sides to the same coin before weighing judgement. I highly recommend Koch and have devoted most of my adult life working there.
Pros
Compensation based on value created, not set percentage; career development opportunities
Cons
Demanding and exhausting
Contract Position
SQL Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 29, 2018
This was a short contract position and I was not able to truly form a work opinion.

I believe the group was very focus and not much interaction with others took place.
Mbm
Reliable Engineer (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKApril 28, 2018
Forcing People to attend MBM meetings and forcing employees to participate in group speaking even if the employee feels uncomfortable.

Making employees to read safety topics every morning in front of contractors and other employees even if the person feels uncomfortable.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management
Watch your back
Ammonia oporator (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKApril 27, 2018
Everyones out to make a name for themselfs they will throw you under the bus fast if it means they will move up .low wages for what other similar plants pay
My job was as a telecommunications technician. Outsourced after I left the company
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 16, 2018
Koch expects their employees to put forth a maximum amount of productivity. I was an hourly employee, and for some of us there was growth opportunities and for some, not. I received excellent training opportunities to increase job skills, and I was rewarded for my performance with pay incentives.
Pros
Good benefits
Too Cut Throat for me!
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 27, 2018
If you prefer a low key, laid-back atmosphere. This NOT the place!
People don't get along. Management had no sense of leadership. My manager had more of a "do as I say and not as I do" approach to just about everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Koch Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss