Koch Industries Employee Reviews

Stressful enviorment
API 510, 653 Inspector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 12, 2019
I was hired to generate work and provide support to strengthen departments already in place.
Due to securing an unstable manager my employment there was short due to his removal from the company, therefore eliminating my position all together.
Upper management chose not to proceed any further.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Stressful Work Enviroment
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKFebruary 8, 2019
Great place to work. Good balance between work and home life. Company cares about you spending time with family. Lots of hours available to work if you want them.
Thankful for the Experience
Administration (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 31, 2019
Thankful for the experience. I saw MBM taught and preached along with the guiding principles but ultimately as an employee felt extremely undervalued though my goal was to create as much value as possible. This was disappointing. There was an excessive amount of foul language used by my supervisor which was uncomfortable. The manner by which feedback advice was given based on the principles and MBM between supervisors and higher ups was inconsistent and near debilitating; that combined with cut-throat co-workers was not highly uncomfortable too. I liked my daily work and what I learned from the foundation laid but the downright hostile work environment could use some improvements.
Pros
Benefits, affordable eating establishments on the grounds
Official response from Koch Industries
February 5, 2019

Appreciate you sharing your experience. We are sorry to hear of this situation and that it resulted in your departure. Our company offers an anonymous line for any employee to call to communicate concerns about a supervisor or other matters. Team members are also invited to speak directly with their HR representative. These resources help create greater accountability if there are specific situations where our Guiding Principles have not been applied as intended. I realize you have since moved on, so we wish you the best and thank you again!
Katie Schuckman - Director of Talent Acquisition

Productive fun work environment
OPERATIONS PLANNING INTERN (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIJanuary 22, 2019
This job was great, I had an internship at KBX and greatly enjoyed my time at this company. The hours were very flexible with a good work life balance and pay was great. The only reason I left was that there was little room for career development.
Good work
Boilermaker Class B (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 20, 2019
Its good work if you into plant turnarounds. Travel long hours , bust your tail for a few months and then take about a month off and go do it again. Pretty laid back just steady work place. Everybody cared about safety and was nice,
Pros
Not hard just steady
Cons
I wasn't permanent
Decent
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, MAJanuary 11, 2019
Its a decent paying job if you dont mind standing on feet all day with fast-paced work. Dusty and wet environment. May feel dirty after a day of work. Sometimes you deal with other temp co-workers that are bossy, trying to impress the supervisors.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Wet/Dusty/Hot environment
Repitive work, fast-paced, great management.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHJanuary 6, 2019
Overall, not a bad place to work, depending on your position. Management was great, weekly team meetings were helpful as well. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone willing to work long hours and who have interest in being a part of a great company.
Pros
Friendly management, set hours, weekly pay.
Cons
No benefits, dusty environment, little to no guidance
Official response from Koch Industries
February 5, 2019

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate and value our employees, and thank you taking time out to share your experience.

Katie Schuckman
Director, Talent Acquisition

Enid, personel needs to be weary
I&e (Former Employee) –  Enid, OKJanuary 3, 2019
MBM sounds great but not everyone follows MBM. Especially if your management team care solely on their well being and not on the team. Management team was lazy and not caring, would throw you under the bus to protect there own butt! This is all they have in life and I need a leader that leads and not live off others! No fulfillment.
benefits
Cons
Leadership
Workplace culture
Lead Tax Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 1, 2019
I really value the guiding principles and market based management. It’s not always perfect, but I definitely see true morals and goodness embedded in the Guiding Principles that are periodically revisited and refreshed to keep conduct at the front of our minds.
Good place to work with poor management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 18, 2018
It's a good place to work if you can put up with managers that change their minds constantly and change the rules from day to day. My coworkers are great but management is another story.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Poor management
Great company & Culture. Plenty of advancement opportunities
IT (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 18, 2018
I recommend Koch to anyone looking to be challenged in their career and work with truly amazing people who accomplish many things. It's a challenging culture that will require your best self most days, so be ready to perform!
Approach with Caution
employee (Former Employee) –  Dodge City, KSDecember 9, 2018
The plant is full of good people but management is a different story. I have seen managers drum up documents or alter SBOs to punish anyone that they dislike. The MBM culture is a very good way to run a business but managers very often use principles like change and humility to attack direct reports. On numerous occasions when managers have ask for something that could endanger plant personnel and the personnel have try to use the challenge process, these principles have been used to force the personnel to comply. This has led to several accidents, so far no one has been hurt, but it has cause major damage to equipment. Management, especially the leadership team, will cover for each other to insure that they remain in control. I would advise to stay way from this company, especially the Dodge City site.
Pros
Good people at site
Cons
Managers
Great people to work for
Tower Technician (Current Employee) –  North Houston, TXDecember 7, 2018
I enjoy working for Koch. There is just not enough work to keep me busy. I have only worked one job since
September and that is not enough to keep my family stable.
Fabrication
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 3, 2018
love my job.. great learning experience

Set up and operated machines, such as Nc , lathes, cutters, shears, grinders, presses, drills
Read blueprints or job orders to determine product specifications and tooling instructions and to plan operational sequences
Verified conformance of workpieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes
Pros
love being a Cnc operator
Cons
Horrible Management
Welding job
WELDER (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 1, 2018
Theres alot to learn at koch but they dont tell you your top out and there management is very poor. They are a great place to learn from. Managment has went threw 5 supervisors in 4 years I've been there
Great company
Marketing Specialist/Sr. Processor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 29, 2018
Koch Companies allowed me to wear many hats on a day to day basis. I was able to step into roles that were needed for other departments other than the Recruiting Department. There was never a day that had a 'regular' schedule and adapting to the fast paced culture of the transportation industry was exciting and rewarding.
Not a good fit.
Tax Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2018
Koch Companies is a fine company, but you really do have to mange the workplace culture. I was not a good fit and left accordingly. You can read about their management style by looking into 'Market Based Management'.
Productive and safe place
Tower Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2018
Company was a well organized and tightly ran group. I didn’t ever have any issues nor complaints. The jobs daily where plan well and carried out accordingly.
High Stress Wrok Environment
SENIOR ACCESS MANAGEMENT ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 14, 2018
Cut throat environment. Management is only concerned with themselves not employees. Terrible environment for women, very few in management positions..
Pros
Employees
Cons
Very Active and have to stay sharp.
QC Manager / CWI (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 14, 2018
Very Active. I work long hours and have a lot to get done. There are a lot of details to the job and not all the jobs are the same so I have to learn and adjust quickly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Koch Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Koch Industries.

Powered by Comparably