Koch Trucking Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed this until changes came down.
Dedicated Account Driver (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJuly 9, 2019
Dedicated deliveries to Best Buy retail stores from DC in Ardmore OK. The people at the stores were awesome most of the time, easy to get along with and most were quick to get me unloaded. Initially, we would go straight back to DC after unloading(no backhaul), which is why I left the position. Pay is average or slightly above, management fair and reasonably laid back. I would still be there if they hadn't made such drastic changes to our work responsibilities.
Management inadequate
Former Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 4, 2019
Left company for many reasons:
1. Driver manager did not understand / or wish to comply with the Hours of Service regulations.
2. Company Trucks and Trailers have to many maintenance issues.
3. No home time.

Drove for Koch Trucking for two months straight. Pay @ .48 per mile was great, however, I was frequently given load assignments when I had insufficient hours left on my 11, 14 or 70 hour clock to complete the assignments. Trailers and Trucks were not maintained very well. Had to call road rescue more than once.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Truck / Trailer maintenance. HOS
Not sure what you want here
Driver/ Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 17, 2019
Here we go again. There are good days and bad days at Koching Trucking. The last several days I’ve been waiting on a load. I was supposed to be home today for home time and I’m still sitting here in Minneapolis Minnesota. 900 miles away from my house. Not a good start at this company. Can’t see myself staying here very long.
Pros
I can’t think of any.
Cons
Too many to list.
Good place to work.
Dedicated Driver (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 8, 2019
Company management were nice people, good working conditions. Dispatch friendly and smart. Work and home time is a good balance. Pay and benefits are good.
terrible place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Flowermound, TXMarch 25, 2019
They did not come close to the things I was supposed to expect from them. Could not get enough miles to earn a decent paycheck. No one gives you the info that you need unless you pull it out of them.
Pros
I was able to find another job before I lost everything
Cons
too many to list
Run away all you get is lies
Driver (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaFebruary 13, 2019
They run ads for employment in towns 150+ miles away from where the jobs are really at. That is total BS and a scam to try and get you to fill out a job application then the recruiter gets the points for your application being submitted.
Pros
Cons
Alot
Great workplace
Yard Manager - Best Buy Distribution Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Polk City, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Always room for advancement within the company. Mentoring from upper management is great and they always want to see you succeed in all your endeavors. Highly recommended!
Productive place to work.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJanuary 7, 2019
Positive work place. I really enjoyed working for Koch Trucking. I also liked the home time. The benefits at Koch Trucking were also pretty good. All around great job.
Really good
Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 18, 2018
Stan Koch and Son's trucking is a really good company to work for especially if you can get on there dedicated accounts. You can have a great work home time balance.
Pros
Great home time
Great company
Marketing Specialist/Sr. Processor (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 29, 2018
Koch Companies allowed me to wear many hats on a day to day basis. I was able to step into roles that were needed for other departments other than the Recruiting Department. There was never a day that had a 'regular' schedule and adapting to the fast paced culture of the transportation industry was exciting and rewarding.
not enough pay
School Bus Attendant (Former Employee) –  La Plata, MDNovember 11, 2018
school bus attendant deserve more money than what we get. Not worth it to work there anymore it was a good experience but again not worth it. had to change jobs to further my job experience.
Pros
made friends
Cons
not enough pay
Good job to work
Auto Mechanic helper (Former Employee) –  Temple, PAOctober 21, 2018
I would help work on the trucks wash trucks.
I learned how to put in a motor
Management was alright
Work was good
Hardest was the cold when washing trucks
The enjoy part of my jobs was sometimes got to work alone
Pros
The experience
Cons
The cold
Nice work space
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKAugust 13, 2018
It was easy and the workers were nice. Not much needed to be done besides basic cleaning. Doesn't take very long to get done so you have the whole rest of the day off.
Pros
It was quick.
Cons
Only needed to be cleaned 4 times a week.
You want to make money this is it.
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 27, 2018
Typical truck driving life. Don't expect to get home very often. Unless you lived in the home base city of this company. You did have some days may sit 1 to 2 days awaiting a load. But when you did there was plenty of miles included in trip. Due to their delivery area.
Enjoyed working for the company
Local Decated Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXMarch 8, 2018
Great company to work for, was busy and home daily, all went well for aver a year and then loads were cut in half and pay dropped , but till then it was great.
Recommend you give them a try and see its a good company to work for.
Pros
Home Daily
Cons
cut in local loads
Dont trust compensation
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Buford, GADecember 7, 2017
If you work for koch watch you compensation, I've rule the same route for over a year. On several occasions after working same route one week vs the exact same route another. Yet pay would be different.
Pros
Management leaves you alone
Cons
Pay rate
Terrible management. Koch takes advantage of ignorant/desperate drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 29, 2017
Terrible management. Both driver manager and dispatchers operate on a intimidating threatening relationship with driver. Dispatchers and road services always say they never got your qualcom messages and your BOL's so they can delay part or all of your pay for another week or two. Driver manager, payrol and dispatchers all give driver previously used Detention approval authorization codes on purpose causing further Pay check delays or no detention pay at all. I was given a loaded trailer that was tagged out of service for airline break leak as well as two flat trailer tires. How the hostler could couple to trailer and park it in dock with a Red Tag Out on the glad-hand! Not one hostlers ever got reprimanded for doing this as it happened quite a bit.
Pros
Cons
Deplorable management, bad safety program, chain of command not accountable
Productive and Fun place to work
Driver Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJuly 4, 2017
Great company and good people. The people I work with in payroll are fun, and it is a good place to get experience. I like working here, but would like to get more into accounting.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
High driver turnover
fun place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 26, 2017
fun place to work great benefits good management I would recommend it to anyone looking for a job good coworkers company paid lunches on occasion good ceo
Something learned everyday
Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist/Collections (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 18, 2017
Lots to do most days....
People are fun to work with
I learn something new everyday
I enjoy the flexibility of my schedule, as my boss knows I make sure things are all under control before I leave.
Pros
Job Flexibility
Cons
Management not always that great

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Koch Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.