Koch Trucking Management reviews

Good job bad boss at trailer shop
Trailer Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Roseville, MNAugust 1, 2019
Like it says good company good pay. Had some problems with management but you can get that anywhere really. I more or less leaved because of the far dive.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short brakes
I really enjoyed this until changes came down.
Dedicated Account Driver (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, OKJuly 9, 2019
Dedicated deliveries to Best Buy retail stores from DC in Ardmore OK. The people at the stores were awesome most of the time, easy to get along with and most were quick to get me unloaded. Initially, we would go straight back to DC after unloading(no backhaul), which is why I left the position. Pay is average or slightly above, management fair and reasonably laid back. I would still be there if they hadn't made such drastic changes to our work responsibilities.
Good place to work.
Dedicated Driver (Current Employee) –  Ardmore, OKApril 8, 2019
Company management were nice people, good working conditions. Dispatch friendly and smart. Work and home time is a good balance. Pay and benefits are good.
terrible place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Flowermound, TXMarch 25, 2019
They did not come close to the things I was supposed to expect from them. Could not get enough miles to earn a decent paycheck. No one gives you the info that you need unless you pull it out of them.
Pros
I was able to find another job before I lost everything
Cons
too many to list
Great workplace
Yard Manager - Best Buy Distribution Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Polk City, FLJanuary 10, 2019
Always room for advancement within the company. Mentoring from upper management is great and they always want to see you succeed in all your endeavors. Highly recommended!
Good job to work
Auto Mechanic helper (Former Employee) –  Temple, PAOctober 21, 2018
I would help work on the trucks wash trucks.
I learned how to put in a motor
Management was alright
Work was good
Hardest was the cold when washing trucks
The enjoy part of my jobs was sometimes got to work alone
Pros
The experience
Cons
The cold
Terrible management. Koch takes advantage of ignorant/desperate drivers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 29, 2017
Terrible management. Both driver manager and dispatchers operate on a intimidating threatening relationship with driver. Dispatchers and road services always say they never got your qualcom messages and your BOL's so they can delay part or all of your pay for another week or two. Driver manager, payrol and dispatchers all give driver previously used Detention approval authorization codes on purpose causing further Pay check delays or no detention pay at all. I was given a loaded trailer that was tagged out of service for airline break leak as well as two flat trailer tires. How the hostler could couple to trailer and park it in dock with a Red Tag Out on the glad-hand! Not one hostlers ever got reprimanded for doing this as it happened quite a bit.
Pros
Cons
Deplorable management, bad safety program, chain of command not accountable
fun place to work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 26, 2017
fun place to work great benefits good management I would recommend it to anyone looking for a job good coworkers company paid lunches on occasion good ceo
Something learned everyday
Accounts Receivable/Billing Specialist/Collections (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJune 18, 2017
Lots to do most days....
People are fun to work with
I learn something new everyday
I enjoy the flexibility of my schedule, as my boss knows I make sure things are all under control before I leave.
Pros
Job Flexibility
Cons
Management not always that great
Solid company
Transportation Planner (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 12, 2017
Solid company to work for. Must be able to react quickly and produce results. Owners are onsite and somewhat unprofessional. Management needs to get all the different divisions on the same page and fix broken processes.
Pros
financially stable firm
Great place to work, with good benefits. Not so great management, friendly work environment
Painter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Hiawatha, KSApril 23, 2017
It really is a good place to work with good people, but the management is not so great, the way you advance isn't great either. All in all I give it a solid 4/10
Pros
Good people around you
Cons
Bad environment
i dont have a problem getting important time off when needed for family
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  ardmore oklahomaNovember 6, 2016
pay not good even for running 6 days a week and insurances is a joke. I have no other job options so I stay with Koch for now. dispatcher is great person to work with and good open door policies with management....but pay/benefits definetly need great improvement...
Pros
home time
Cons
pay/benefits/no real training pay for week your in minisota
Never in my 19 years have I ever been so disappointed with the way I've been treated by this company!
Driver but not for long (Current Employee) –  Midwest regionalSeptember 29, 2016
I've been here 5 weeks and have yet to get a week better than 2000 miles. I've had 3 paychecks and cleared a little over $400 one time the rest have been less than $400. You will do a lot of sitting here getting loaded and unloaded and almost every place you go to is a food warehouse and THEY DONT care about your time. Now we come to getting home. My dispatchers (I've had 2) don't care about getting me home when I ask to be home! They are 3 for 3 at not getting me home! This is the sorriest place I have ever worked. I'm seriously thinking about call Hirschbach because they cant be any worse than this and they promise you $1125 a week if your out there even if you dont get the miles. ANYTHING has got to be better than this company. Do yourself a favor and stay far away. It's been 5 weeks I was told my class of 16 was a small class for orientation they always have more than 20 EVERY week. I know for a fact 1 has quit, I and 2 more are looking and promise each other that we will call the others to let them know where to go. This has got to be the biggest mistake in my life!!!! Stay away! You've been warned!
Pros
There are none
Cons
The pay, time sitting, and the dispatchers!
Great place
Tire Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MN 55108July 30, 2016
fun place to work. with a large chance to grow.
People here are all great and I still have former coworkers i talk to.
the management are great to deal with as well
Pros
room to grow
Cons
nothing i can think of
Fast pace. ..No time for family
Floor sweeper (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2016
It is a great place to work if you are one of the good old boys! Upper management is very poor and does not have a clue of what goes on out in the production area of the shop! As long as you don't say anything out of context and Rock the Boat then you have a job for life. But if you follow the so-called MBM principles which they do not... you will be searching for a job! The safety department is a joke! They are a so-called VPP star company... if they would not pay off OSHA the company would be shut down. No matter the circumstance of an injury it is always the employee's fault.. once again you will be looking for another job!
Pros
Pretty stable working environment due to the economy
Cons
If you are not a good old boy to the supervisors or upper management you will not last long!
Lies
CDL Metro Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 7, 2016
Promised many things from position to type of work and nothing true.
Management clueless and this company is incredibly out of touch with drivers! Horrible experience! Incredibly stressful environment and very disorganized. I am 14 year veteran and never seen the likes of this mess!! Equipment not maintained well, have to beg to get DOT violation stuff fixed. Denver metro manager was procrastinator and would rather sit outside and smoke then do work.
Pros
bonus
Cons
pretty much everything else
MBM Principles don't exists in upper management
Production Supervisors (RSL) (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXDecember 25, 2015
Upper Management (New management mainly from Sunoco ) disgusting no Principles , No culture and no talent whatsoever, Cover ignorance with mean spirit and football discussion. Mr Koch is out of touch Orange site being trashed by sorry, un respectable management short timers. Retaliation is the name of the game
Pros
old Left over DUPONT Culture and knowledge
Cons
New Management
Good Company (values) - Below average leadership & poor advancement
service desk (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 13, 2015
The people who work for Koch Business Solutions are great. The culture is great. Very respectful atmosphere. Very good benefits!

The management is another issue. They will definitely never forget an error made by the employee. A year later without any other incidents, they'll throw the error you made on your review. The leadership doesn't seem to have the "humility" guiding principle... if you try to stand up and challenge what is right, they'll definitely retaliate (which is against company policy) by either removing responsibilities or changing scheduling, etc.

They seem to horde talent in the same position - the best way to leave the entry level is to stay under the radar and be average.

There is a lot of turnover in the KBS position. I think this should set off a red-flag for someone high up in leadership that there is something wrong going on...

I can say that I haven't been fired, but I was able to leave on my own with having a good annual review. But, the lack of leadership and lack of advancement has caused me to look elsewhere.
Pros
Culture, Co-workers
Cons
Micro-Management, lack of advancement opportunities, High-turnover
management
driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 15, 2015
they are very structure and very safe company dispatch was easy to work for.. the management listen when you have a problem and they want to you move up in the company
needs improvements
Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 21, 2014
company not bad as a whole. needs to rework their communication between drivers and driver managers, as well as involvement of upper management.
Pros
great pay
Cons
communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Koch Trucking. Our community is ready to answer.