Kodak Employee Reviews

Great place
Operator - Technician (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHApril 18, 2019
ATTENDANCE is very important
Do QUALITY work
Make your Demands for the day
Be DETAILED ORIENTED
Be a Team Player
Always be ready for change
Be Positive about Everything
Pros
Great place
Cons
Slow getting machines fixed and running
Excellent place to work for your first position outside of College
Mathematical Analyst/Statistician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 17, 2019
Kodak was my first job after finishing grad school. It was a great learning experience and I did much to hone my skills and education. Worked with advanced statistical tools, computers, and software.
Pros
Experiences, Education, Added responsibility
Cons
Weather - awful in Rochester
Was the place to work back then
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 10, 2019
Had to work all three shifts
Worked in production of Kodak paper and then as Technician
It was a good place to work but stressful at end when downsizing
Working all shifts when raising kids
Everyone that worked with you were like your family
Financial Issues caused bankruptcy
Demand Generation CRM Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 10, 2019
Did no embrace digital technology as it ate into existing print/film portfolio -- eventhough they owned many of the digital patents. Work environment was strong.
Excellent company. Ethical management team.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 9, 2019
Eastman Kodak treated me very well. The managers were supportive and customer support was excellent. Also, Eastman Kodak had an excellent reputation for product quality and integrity.

The only downside was that the income was primarily salary with little contribution from growth. For that reason, I decided to make a change.
Pros
Job security, integrity from management, educational support, management support.
Cons
Salary not as high as with sales positions in other industries.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 4, 2019
Management failed the employees at Kodak that gave everything for the company. That being said it was a great place to work with great employees and co-workers
Fun place, management was great
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 3, 2019
Great company to work for. Management was great talk and help you you with a development plan. Hours was felixaeble. Fun place to work. Great location for travel.
Benefits
Big name company but no longer in business
Product S/C Leader/Manager - Film Division (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTMarch 22, 2019
It was a very decent company to work for until it fired for bankruptcy. Good working environment with dated product lines and poor vision from the senior management, that eventually brought the demise of the company.
Great company to work for.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 20, 2019
I enjoyed my time there. The managers were always very fair with me. The phone lack of support though when you're out on long-term or short-term disability. Returning to work after being out for a while can be stressful for you but there is no compassion concerning it when you return to work. I fell down the stairs at Kodak after I return to work and my doctor pulled me back out of work. Not to mention when I return to work after the long-term disability, they told me I couldn't have any more days off. I left work that night under my doctor's orders. Upon my return they had to let me go I was told. Therefore I felt no compassion concerning my health issues at that time.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Don't get sick.
Laid off a lot of good people
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 19, 2019
Bad memories of the layoffs in the early 2000's. This created a brutal and competitive work environment. Everyone started playing to not lose (covering their butts) rather than playing to win.
Pros
good employees
Cons
Bad environment
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 15, 2019
We were selling "bleeding edge" technology and had a great time doing it. Compensation was excellent and bonus trips included resorts in the Caribbean. KIMS was way ahead of its time - and techies today would laugh at our audacious goals.
Working here was quite wonderful for me and my family.
Film Wash Operator/Dryer Operator (Former Employee) –  BUILDING 110March 13, 2019
When I was there at b-110,their was a two man crew working day/night 24/7.Holiday's they were shutdown.I worked there from 1992 to 2014 and met some enjoyable people along the way that I still keep in touch with.
Pros
Didnt have to clock in or out, Hard work
Cons
Short breaks
Company was under financial stress
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 4, 2019
The Health Imaging Division was sold and therefore my employment was terminated. I kept all my benefits and seniority as I moved into the new Company under new management.
N/A - Kodak no longer exists
Toner Line Runner/Stand-up Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 25, 2019
N/A - Kodak no longer exists It had good pay & benefits and I enjoyed working there, management and coworkers were pleasant to work with; disappointed that it no longer exists.
Pros
See above
Cons
See above
Great Place to Work
Administrative Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 21, 2019
Awesome employer to gain sales and administrative duties experience. Unfortunately the Company does not have any subsidiaries any longer.They closed operations.
Pros
Many great discounts on their photographic equipment
Productive and Fun Workplace
Sales Associate/Photographer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 18, 2019
Great Experience. A typical day would be coming in the morning and setting up camera equipment then standing outside in the cold for 8 hours taking photos. Employees were provided with warms coats and hats. Would work there again!
My favorite job thus far
N/A (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 13, 2019
Honestly it was a great job and my favorite thus far, I love the people and it almost didn't feel like a job because I love my job I was affected by downsizing it's sad Kodak used to be a huge corporation and now it's close to nothing I wish them the best but it looks bleak
Pros
People, benefits
Cons
Constant downsizings
Good compensation
Insurance Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 7, 2019
Fast paced work environment and good compensation. Strong emphasis on learning, training and employee development. A few too many meetings and all organizations not always on the same page.
Pros
Free food
Cons
too many meetings
Productive an fun
Desktop Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 6, 2019
Running Diagnostic tests, repairing and loading Windows 7 Operating System from Image on Kodak Server, Replacing Hard Drives, Motherboards, CD/DVD drives ,power supply,etc
Pros
good people, coworkers
Cons
temp
Wonderful place, sad story
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 1, 2019
Kodak was a wonderful place to work. The job paid well, had a good work/life balance and offered interesting projects to work on. It was disappointing to see such a grand old company go down so quickly.
Pros
Fun, benevolent
Cons
Poor decisions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kodak. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kodak.

Powered by Comparably