Kognitive Marketing Employee Reviews

Good place to start your career in Canada.
FMR (Current Employee) –  TorontoFebruary 13, 2019
It's a good place to start your career if you are a new immigrant in Canada. It helps you in many ways like communication, building your self confidence as well as you are working for financial sector so that's a big boost to your career.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Compensation benefits
Productive and fun place
Field Marketing Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, OHFebruary 11, 2019
Nice place to work, cordial enviornment. Good guidance and support from the Team leaders and Managers. Healthy competitve enviornment boosts motivation.
Memorable, lesson learning and enthusiastic experience
Field Marketing Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury ,Ontario, CAFebruary 11, 2019
Working with Kognitive Marketing remained a good experience of mine as it was my first ever job of life which made me learn how competitive is the marketing world and how to make customers feel comfortable as to their best needs.
Pros
One could involve in other activities as well
Cons
No other benefits when targets are not met
Best company
FMR (Current Employee) –  BramptonAugust 24, 2018
I am working with this company from last 6 months with GTAwest . It is wonderful experience for me to enhance my personal and professional growth and development.
Great job!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  MontrealJuly 30, 2018
This company’s motto is investing in our people, changing lives, and i think that’s true because with this opportunity i got the chance to turn my life around. Because of this job i saw my potential in life and what i’m capable of which i couldn’t realize in school or any other jobs i had. Kognitive Marketing gave me a lot of recognition of the work i provide to the company because in a period of 3 months i got the chance to move up in the company my manager invested alot of time in me and he does that for every single employee. The environment between me and my co workers is great because whenever i have a bad day they’re always here to push me and at the end it ends up very well. Kognitive Marketing is really great to advance in life very good salary i honestly never saw as big paychecks than any other jobs. This job is recommended for everyone!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Great work environment
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 20, 2014
I have loved my summer working at Kogntiive, it has been a great learning experience. Coming from doing a university program and then college program I was able to learn how to apply schooling in a business setting. I have worked with some really great people and I love coming into work each day.

I have had the opportunity to work with the management team & with different departments, and you can really see that they care & are constantly working to improve employee experience.

Sad that my work term is coming to an end!
Pros
Coworkers, Company Culture, Opportunities to grow within the company
Cons
Sometimes stressful, Communication problems between departments
Do not work for this company!
fmr (Former Employee) –  TorontoJuly 24, 2014
Ok I read the reviews before I began working, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and I took it anyways. Everything in the bad reviews are so true. First of all you are required to sell at least 10 credit cards a day, which mostly no one achieves. You have to walk around for 8 hours begging for people to buy credit cards, and to be honest it doesn't even have good rewards. The management is so bad, and so rude, and they were criticizing my work ethic when I was working my butt off. So basically I quit after three days and walked away from the job crying. DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY. And now I don't even know if they are going to pay me.
Cons
Do not work for this company!
FMR (Current Employee) –  LondonJune 20, 2014
You constantly get yelled at both ends of the floor. When you working at your shift in store you get yelled at by customers who do not want to sign up for another credit card and want nothing to do with you. At the same time, you are getting yelled at by the "management team" (18-21 year old kids) who want you to get 12+ applications every single day, without realizing how difficult and unrealistic that is. They also do not pay you on time and there is constant miscommunication between employees and managers. Ironically, the only people who have given this company positive reviews are the managers themselves who just want to take advantage of their employees. The job is so stressful and I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Terrible employer!
Field Marketing Rep (Former Employee) –  OttawaMarch 6, 2014
When I first started out with Kognitive it seemed like a very laid back company and I liked that, I went to work and worked my butt off trying to get applications for the promotion I was working on and when I didn't reach their outrageously high goals they set they told me that if I didn't reach those goals we wouldn't be able to continue on, For the few weeks that I worked with the company I had the highest number of applications for my program and was the only one advised that I would be let go if I did not reach a certain number.3 weeks after leaving Kognitive I am still awaiting my final pay..I am disgusted by the way this company is run and would not recommend it to ANYONE!
Pros
Working alone
Cons
long hours, outrageous goals, poor communication by management
Wish I had read the other reviews first
FMR (Current Employee) –  Georgian BayAugust 29, 2013
I really wish i had read the reviews prior to signing on with this company.

I work 7 days a week two weeks a month and pull in about 200$ a pay check. There is no communication between field managers and project coordinators. The end of day calls will rack up your cell phone bill and if you dont have unlimited texting or a cell phone, this job is not for you. you will recieve and be required to send tons of messages throughout the day as well as recieving and making long distance calls.

they will not work with you in the event that you have a significant reason to miss a shift and if you miss more than one in 3 months, whether for a valid reason or not THEY WILL FIRE YOU ON THE SPOT.
Pros
indendance
Cons
No breaks, low pay, lying, no communication, no team, high quotas/low traffic
Stay FAR FAR AWAY
FMR (Former Employee) –  TorontoJune 28, 2013
This is by far the worst company you can work for. Extremely un organized and unprofessional. Starting from orientation, no documents were given, nothing for you to sign. You pretty much go in, and listen to them talk for two hours and you are given the sales pitch to be memorized for the first day of training. The only good part about this company would be the field managers, they are people who have been through the same process and can most relate to you. You are required to sign up 2 credit cards with in 6 hours of training in order to " Graduate". After graduation, you are put in contact with a program coordinator who schedules you in for your shift. If your lucky, they will send you a proper email with correct scheduling, most of the times they just send you text.

Experience ( BMO Club Sobey Mastercard)
The first few days you would feel excited, getting pumped to get people to sign up for credit cards, eventually you will feel like a broken record going around the store begging people. The worst part is getting yelled at by angry customers who's been approached many times or that's in debt because of credit cards. Lets face it, the card your selling to people doesn't have great feature, in Canada a lot of people are in debt because of credit cards. So think about how realistic it is before you sign up for the role. The worst part isYou will get a few annoying text during your shift from your program coordinator to update him on how many cards you've signed up. If you still don't meet quota for the next couple of weeks, they will send in help. Here's the tips i received
  more... from one of the program coordinators. " You have to pick out the right people, normally it's best to approach older people ( 50+) because they are friendly and will give in easily, do not mention the word Mastercard unless it's necessary" There you have it, you pretty much have to miss lead people in to signing up for a useless card that they barely going to use.

PAY
Kognitive claims that their rep makes and average of over $15 an hour. This is how it works. For everything credit card you sign up, you get 10.25. On a 8 hour shift, you are required to sign up 12 credit cards to meet quota( good luck getting that) , if not they will only pay you the minimum $10.25 per hour. The best part is, they do not pay you on time. You get paid on a bi weekly base and there will always be some sort of problem with your pay, it's explained as "flaws in the system".

Anyone that claims there's good culture in the company is higher up in management who's getting paid on salary base instead of the hourly rate. As a FMR, you are pretty much out alone in the field with no team environment and lack of support. what kind of culture can there be?

Think twice before you sign up with Kognitive, if you are not the type to lie or mislead people into doing things that they do not wish to do then prepared to make the minimum $10.25 per hour. Try doing that for a two weeks and realize your not even making $10.25 per hour because of the " flaw" in the system, your paycheck is all messed up.

Pros
Very Flexible hours
Cons
Low Pay, lack of Communication, horrible culture, no support
A bunch of kids running the company
FMR (Former Employee) –  ontarioMay 24, 2013
By far the WORST company I've ever worked for:

Poor management. people who are "area managers" are 19-21 years old. they will change your schedule on the phone and they forgot about it themselves what they have changed. I told them to email me so I have written confirmation, never received the email they insisted that they've sent. yup, so either they are lying or they are stupid.

Canadian Tire don't like to have raps in their stores because they annoy the customers and hurt their business, and they will just block you anytime they want. For the short time that I worked there, I have seen store managers yelling at my coach and we had to leave immidietaly and go to another store half way through the shift.

Not to mension they have more raps than the number of canadian tires that they can schedule. But they insist everyone to work 40 hours even if they already made their quota. So they will double book a store -> get blocked/yelled at by the canadian tire manager -> transfer the raps to another store that's far away -> same thing happen there again -> infinite cycle.

No consideration to their employees. They will schedule someone who doesn have a car to some where that are 3 hours away by bus and tell them: "ohhh you can just work longer to conpensate for the hours you lost during traveling."

If you are sick they won't let you take a day off.... My voice is gone after two shifts through all the shouting and talking during pitching. they encourage you not to take a break for an 8 hour shift. ....serious they are like slave drivers.

And the pay is not great,
  more... working so hard to just get a little better than minimal wage. i don think so. so i quit.

Strongly suggest new grads or students not to do this, unless you are a selfish pushy person who enjoy being missarable.

Poor Management, Poor Communication, and a Company Reliant on Lying
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Shell Gas StationsMay 11, 2013
In the short time I worked with Kognitive, I experienced an incredible lack of professionalism as well as witnessed the way in which they take serious advantage of their employees. Like traditional pyramid models of marketing, they hold promotions on a string above your head in hopes to incentivize people to move up in the ranks. They lie about compensation (for example, I was told I was going to receive compensation for gas as well as my training, neither of which was true) and they teach their employees to lie in field. In fact, included in their pitch document is a series of blatant lies that we are actually taught to use. I recommend anyone thinking about a position with Kognitive truly steer clear, as this company will soon be obsolete as they cannot sustain this kind of behavior. They grew incredibly fast and have not taken the right approaches to ensure their success. A company who treats their own employees in this fashion (empty promises and blatant lies) as well as their customer, is bound to take a serious blow as some point soon, and to be honest, I hope it does.
meh
sales (Former Employee) –  edmontonFebruary 25, 2013
its ok if u want a part time gig, but full time you will probably be wasting your time
Pros
independence
Cons
lack of communication within the company, poor managment