Kohl's Corporation Employee Reviews

Good place
Wear House (Former Employee) –  Granite City, ILFebruary 18, 2018
Good company to work for and some times slow .... They give you the opportunity to work and get hours . Not too many off days some times 8 and 10 hour shifts the bosses are nice people !
Pros
Pizza days and good people to be around
Cons
No slacking
An okay place to work
MJM Associate (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIFebruary 18, 2018
Not too bad for a starter job - nice discounts and they do seem to care about their employees. I will say that their hours were not the best and they frequently changed managers when I was there.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours
Cons
No way to move up, bad raises, managers frequently changed
Fun and rewarding work environment
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  York, PAFebruary 18, 2018
I've been a Kohl's for 3+ years & it has been one of the best pt jobs I've had. They have an outstanding work environment, great discounts and phenomenal staff! More importantly, corporate really cares and listens to store employees. At previous jobs I felt like just a number, but it Kohl's I honestly feel like a valued employee!
Pros
Discount, great managers, fun place.
Great development
Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaFebruary 18, 2018
Great development and connections. Management is friendly, but very business focused. There is always daily focus on making metrics, but not always the metrics that drive top line sales.
Nice coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIFebruary 18, 2018
I liked working at Kohl's because it has a very nice work environment and Kohl's treats its employees very well. They are very understanding and flexible with hours.
Fun place to work, lots of food!
Cashier Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLFebruary 18, 2018
A typical work day at Kohls was pretty busy. Everyone I worked with there was friendly for the most part with the exception of a couple of managers. The cashier who trained me was awesome, she's great at what she does and loved by everyone there! The hardesatt part of working at Kohls was they ever changing schedule and hours. The most enjoyable part of working at Kohls was the customers. Getting to know the regular customers by name and being able to have friendly conversations with them was the best!
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Watchung, NJFebruary 18, 2018
Kohls was a geat place to work. They really do take care of the assocviates. Regional leaders are well equipped with what they need to complete assigned duties
Fast paced fun place to work. Allow you to run the business as if you were the CEO.
HR Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Grove City, OHFebruary 18, 2018
Kohls provides a great work life balance. Provide clear expectations of your role and give you ample time to accomplish it. Overall the best company I have ever worked for.
overworked
Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAFebruary 18, 2018
The job asked more from you than what they would typically pay. There was no real way of moving up unless someone either left the company or transferred to another store. The pay raise itself wasn't the best considering they would have one person for two departments.
Awesome discounts
Kohl's Associate (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTFebruary 18, 2018
Some managers favor the lazier coworkers. Hard work at times does not go noticed. Holiday time there are unlimited hours. But off season there are hardly any hours.
It’s fun place to work
Point of Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIFebruary 17, 2018
II really enjoy working at Kohl’s. The only thing I do not like is when the new hires come in their pay is close to my pay after working there 3 years
Pros
Supervisors and managers treat you very well. The associate discounts are really awesome
Cons
The pay should be more for what they expect of you.
Kohls retails is not a fun nor professional place to work
Freight Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Valencia, CAFebruary 17, 2018
I wouldn't recommend my friends to work for kohls retails stores. If someone wants to have a short term goal then its ok or may be you can say it is better to have the high school students to work at kohls but then you will have lack of work experienced people around.
Great place if your not looking for a lot of hours
Frieght Associate/Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYFebruary 17, 2018
Loved working here co workers were awesome customers were nice always moving around so the day never dragged out! Wish I was still there.employee discounts are great as well.
Pros
Fellow workers and employee discount
Cons
Not enough hours
Generally nice place to work
Seasonal Shoe's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHFebruary 17, 2018
Typical work day was routine, but enjoyable. I learned many skills such as cash register and customer service. Management was fair. The workplace was relaxed. The hardest part of my job was going out of my comfort zone and embodying excellent customer service. The most enjoyable part of my job was helping customers.
it was okay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 17, 2018
Job responsibilities include customer care, cash handling, balancing drawer at end of shift, re-stocking of merchandise and helping with online orders.
Ehhhhhh
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2018
This is a great to place to work if you have no outside commitments.

Very few hours to get during a work week, no benefits, no chance to advance in your own store. Hire outside managers.

Have to solicit credit card applications. If you don't get so many in a week, hours would be cut.

But hey.. the discounts were good. Just don't get a credit card with them.
Pros
Discounts, Management can be friendly, Can be a Friendly place to work.
Cons
Short breaks, Have to Solicit Credits, Short hours to work, no Benefits, no PTO
It was okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Kohls was not the best company that I have ever worked for, but it was not the worst either. Managers play favorites with the hours and give them to their relatives first. The HR manager made a point of only giving me hours that did not work with my school schedule so every single week I had to go around asking coworkers to trade with me. They also had a habit of changing rules on employees and only telling you that the rules had changed when they were threatening to fire you for breaking a new a rule that they never told you existed.
Cons
terrible management
Fun place to work
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAFebruary 17, 2018
Kohls is definitely a fun place to work. They offer flexible schedules and great company discounts. Very friendly and family type of work environment.
understaffed
Merchandising Associate (seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIFebruary 17, 2018
Very understaffed during the busy holiday season. i ended up ringing and not being able too do my own work because i knew how. It got to the point that i regretted that i taught myself how.
Absolutely Amazing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVFebruary 17, 2018
Kohl's is a great first job for high school or college students. I absolutely love my coworkers and managers except one. With all due respect, there's n issue working for Kohls. Hours are great; the only time it will be cut down is by after new years to mid or end of February. Extremely flexible with schedule. Get paid $9 an hour, however, every credit you apply for the customers, adds a small bonus to your paycheck. There are several ways to improve and advance your techniques, knowledge, and position in the company.

However, although work is supposed to be a self-learning job, for any job as matter of fact. The associate is only taught or trained on the registers and doesn't give one on one training for any other department besides customer service and jewelry. For the one manager, she belittles almost every single associate; feeling stupid when you have been doing your department for over few months or years even to know what needs to be done, putting them out on the spot for assumption it is their fault for low surveys and constantly assisting tasks at once when other things are not finished. Kohl's is an amazing place to work at because you feel at home, however, if you can deal with the nagging and feeling "wrong" when you're not, go for it. I just had enough of it.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

54.5K