Kohl's Employee Reviews

Found 15,789 reviews matching the search See all 15,821 reviews
Productive and fun work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, MISeptember 23, 2018
I had a flexible schedule and I gained a lot of experience about dealing with customers and helping them around. This will definitely help me as I begin with my career
Credit cards yikes
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXSeptember 22, 2018
On your feet all the time. They push selling credit cards very hard and all the time. Great job sometimes. Sometimes cannot be flexible with needed time off.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Credit Cards, Closing Shift
Fun, Fast Paced
Seasonal Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCSeptember 22, 2018
I'm just starting out here at Kohl's and i love it! You can pretty much work however many hours, great staff, very fast paced, fun-loving environment. I'm a part time seasonal stockroom associate and I unload the truck and love it! I work around 6-8 hours starting from 5am. And the discounts are straight up great. I think the hardest part is unloading the truck but afterwards its a breeze. But tbh i think its very easy in my opinion. But in the beginning i was nervous just cause they kind of just make you figure out what to do, but after i figured out what to do it was easy. But yeah working at Kohl's is lit
Pros
good pay for first job, good hours, great environment
Cons
N/a
seasonal work, no hours, no training, not worth it
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 22, 2018
Work as seasonal associate. No training, just expected to follow current associates and learn jobs assigned on each day. Newer associates are training next round of new associates. Management seems to feel this is fine. Management quick to criticize seemingly everyone, which makes no sense when you gave new employees no training.
The hourly pay is absurdly low for the amount of work expected to be done in a shift. Not worth the effort to apply. You would do better to take part time work at local fast food place.
Pros
Discount on merchandise if you buy items there.
Cons
Low pay, no hours, no training.
Too Pushy About Credits
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 22, 2018
Managers are constantly bugging about credits. If you ask to leave or gin on break they ask yo a million questions about how many credits you sold and if you haven’t sold any then they ask you why not. They Micromanage you when you do anything whether it’s on register or in a department. If you need to change your availability, they give you 4 hours for the next few weeks because it made them actually do some work. They don’t understand with school. They don’t work with you if you want to move departments. If you try to talk to managers they just brush you off to get you off their back
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Credits, micromanagement, bad management
Experience
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 22, 2018
Working at Kohl's was a good customer service experience. It gave me a better opportunity to interact with the customers more. Working at Kohl's being part of a team, the co-worker's did not feel as if they were any less or any better than ant other. Everybody was treated fair.
I love it
Sales & Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Burbank, ILSeptember 22, 2018
Working at kohls has had its ups and downs, but overall the working environment, and staff is amazing to work with. I have a love hate relationship with my job, but that's anywhere you work.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
No air
Customer Service is not my cup of tea
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Rego Park, NYSeptember 21, 2018
Customer Service is not my cup of tea, it is the absolute worst. I so dislike being alone and working without a partner or team. And being launched into customer service on the busiest nights of the week(end) is not the way to learn how to be good and effiecent at your job. I felt rushed and undertrained. I also wish I could move out of customer service.
Good job
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PASeptember 21, 2018
As long as you are willing to build strong work relationships help will always be there . Very hard to stay to yourself at work need to create ideas in groups and drive performance
Poor Management
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GASeptember 21, 2018
When I started in 2011, Kohl's was a great place to work. It's not that the company isn't a good company to work for, it's the management. The store manager at my particular location was very conniving, condescending and overall a horror story to work for.
Fun workplace with friendly people
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 21, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of friendly customers and associates. It wasn't too physically or emotionally draining. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with customers and having a sense of accomplishment. The hardest part of my job is trying to keep every customer satisfied and getting everyone to work as a team.
Pros
Not demanding or extensive
Cons
Short breaks, not a lot of teamwork
Amazing staff and great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCSeptember 21, 2018
This is the most amazing place to work the crew there is boom dot com yea it’s stressful sometime but what job ain’t Love y’all at Burlington NC store see y’all soon
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJSeptember 21, 2018
The work culture at Kohl's was fun and even paced. There was no shortage of diversity. The hardest part of the job was searching for hard to find items in the store as well as maintaining a neat work environment on busy days. The most enjoyable part of working at Kohl's was providing friendly and efficient service.
productive and busy place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CASeptember 21, 2018
Working at Kohl's was a fun, learning experience. Helped me grow as a sales associate. However, the management was very cliquey and they had their favorites. Some associates relied on other people to complete their work.
Pros
associate discount
Cons
doesn't have good leadership
Fun place to work but rude management and coworkers
Mmj (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WISeptember 21, 2018
Fun first time job until you find something different. I was sick with food poisoning and management was rude about it. Some of the workers are very rude. You learn on your own a lot of things since you only get shown once. Every time I shopped there I would always get followed around....very uncomfortable and wont shop there much.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
Short break rude managment and workers
Great seasonal job
Seasonal Associate (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CA 91016September 20, 2018
Call the great place if you're wanting to work for a seasonal position. It gives you the tools you need to further your experience in customer service and Retail.
Pleasant people to work with.
Loss Prevention Associate (Current Employee) –  Grain Valley, MOSeptember 20, 2018
People I work with are pleasant, Management are very approachable. It has been a very steady company to work for the past twenty years. They try to stay competitive with other companys.
Fun and easy going workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOSeptember 20, 2018
A day working at Kohls consisted of arranging clothes, cleaning fitting rooms and helping on registers. Management was very helpful and was quick to helping out employees when they needed help.
great workplace
Vidor, TX - Team member (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I enjoyed kohls because it was a laid back job and I got to help out people. I would recommend working there. The hardest part of the job was finding a missing shoe.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Very friendly environment to work meet new people great customer service teaches you good time management and how to present offers going in inside the store and sale them
Pros
Laid bad atmosphere
Cons
Breaks weren’t that long

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.2K
45K
33.7K
21.2K

See reviews about

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kohl's.

Powered by Comparably