Kohl's Employee Reviews

Found 16,268 reviews matching the search See all 16,300 reviews
workplace
SENIOR MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Macon, GANovember 17, 2018
A lot of different types of eqipment to work on weekly. Learning was very positive and the workplace was very good. Management actually let the employs accomplish thier jobs,
Pros
Nice work enviornment
No longer cares
Operations Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New jerseyNovember 17, 2018
Worked at kohls for 18 and a half years it went from a great place to work,a company that treated their employees with respect and appreciation for their hardwork and dedication to a company that only cares about their profits
Great at customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 17, 2018
A typical day at Kohls was to clock in and restock toys, clothing, and any decorations. Made sure to clean bathrooms if they were needed. Helped customers out if they were looking for something or if they wanted to return something, I had all the answers for the customers needs.
Pros
Fun people
Lazy environment, management non caring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 16, 2018
The management is very poor. The hours were not flexible. The company expects the best but devalues the employees. Not a place one could grow and advance in.
Cons
poor staffing, non caring mamagement
A fun and slow paced work environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 16, 2018
Kohls was not a team oriented organization. I prefer to have a team to work with to help drive productivity. I often found myself working alone for large portions of my shifts.
Pros
discount on merchandise
Cons
working alone
Good starting business
Digital Campus Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2018
Good place to start off. Great place to start and develop leadership skills; however, with the decline in brick and mortar business job progression is tough. Many individuals who have been in retail for years hold on tightly to their positions providing little room for growth and promotion of aspiring individuals.
fun job poor managment
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sherwood, ORNovember 16, 2018
management told me that my best wasn't good enough and that is when i decided to leave. Other than management i loved the customer service aspect of the work place
Good workplace if you can adhere to the culture
Digital Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CANovember 16, 2018
Good people to work with. Co-workers are smart and hard working. But too much stress of work. Too much fire fighting and unstructured operation. Hardly any creativity. Really resistance to change. Sr Management wants to control all decision making and if you think independently, this is not the place for you.
Pros
Good salary, growth company
Cons
No independent thinking, too much politics
What training?
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXNovember 15, 2018
They give you 2 days of “training” and then throw you out onto the floor like it’s nothing. The training is awful and lasts maybe an hour if you’re lucky. No way to communicate with other employees in the stores and it becomes hard to help customers when you never received training! They will get mad if you ask for a break even though you’re entitled to one. They preach they’re all about working with your schedule but fail to tell you that they won’t work with your schedule for a period of time. Kohl’s hired me because they needed ME, I sure as heck didn’t need them!!
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short breaks, no training, no help from management, short staffed all the time, don’t care about your personal life
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Havertown, PANovember 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at Kohl’s, I even worked overtime just because it was a good working area. I didn’t want to stop working there but, hopefully I can get another job there.
Very productive place and fun workplace
PT Sales Assoc (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 15, 2018
My management team are always helpful. My co-workers are helpful also. Enjoy doing my part of keeping the store in order. Also enjoy helping the customer in any way possible.
great place to work
Area Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 15, 2018
I enjoy my job . The workload gets a little hectic but overall it makes our job. I love the flexible hours. Giving customer service makes it a joy able place.
Pros
working with our availability, snacks and food for special occaions
Cons
yearly pay increase, payroll
Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MINovember 15, 2018
Hired as a cashier for holiday help. It is fast paced retail work during the holiday season. There seems to be a lot of emphasis making sure you ask all customers for their e-mail address. Kohl's has a good return policy. Some customers seemed confused about their "Kohl's Cash" because the coupons have an expiration date on them and a lot of customers forget and then they expire. During the holiday season however, the store was willing to honor expired Kohl's cash which had to be over-ridden by floor manager. I don't know if they have changed the policy on that or not.

The store seems to place too much emphasis on obtaining e-mail addresses instead of servicing the customers who clearly become agitated when asked.

Over-all I enjoyed the experience of working for Kohl's.
Pros
Retail Experience and Cashier Experience
Cons
On your feet the whole time.
Good Place for advancement
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MONovember 15, 2018
Put in your time, and they will notice. The job is demanding especially during the holidays, but that is retail. The hardest part I believe is the time spent on your feet,
its ok
Casher (Former Employee) –  Houma, LA 70360November 15, 2018
the people are friendly and helpful. There is a lot of things that needs to be done. sometimes it can be hard work. Not everyone that works there is helpful and outgoing
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
no healthcare
It had its ups and downs
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ames, IANovember 15, 2018
I miss my Kohls customers. I always went the extra mile for them. Any questions comments or concerns I handled them for them. I always took extra time
Fast paced and somewhat competitive
Kohl's Associate (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNNovember 15, 2018
Confusing policies, one manager says one thing another contradicts, poor training, disorganized, but it's a job and I do like working with the majority of customers and the staff. Many times the computers and equipment malfunction and never get totally repaired and never replaced. Customer service has four computers at best two work most of the time. you have to be the one to find someone to cover your breaks, lunches, and bathroom breaks or you don't get them.
Job is easy but little training
Warehouse outbound associate (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, INNovember 15, 2018
The job itself is super easy. 95% of the work is machines. Pay starts at 13.50/ hour. There is an on site medical center that is free to all employees. Its offers things from flu shots to gynecology issues to physical therapy. The management is very friendly. You also recieve a 15% discount. For holidays and sometimes for the heck of it they will provide everyone with lunch from mostly Subway or Chick-fil. Overall it is a great job to work at. The only 2 downside are there is very little training. The employee that is suppose to train you just shows you the very basics and leaves you to figure the rest out. The other downside is some of the other employees are very rude and just unpleasant to work with.
Pros
Employee medical center, discount
Cons
Other rude employees, little training
worst job I’ve ever had
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 15, 2018
management acts like high schoolers, talk behind employees backs, start rumors, etc. they treat employees poorly, make sure they let you know who is boss by making you feel like a piece of garbage.
Pros
nothing
Cons
poor management
It's like working with family
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 14, 2018
I worked there for 4 years, and it was the perfect first job. The pay jump from $7.25/hr to $9/ hr one year was great, but it's only gone up by 9 cents each year, since then. For someone who doesn't have bills, the pay is fine; but if you have an adult life, you might want to use this as a 2nd job. Sadly, this was the cause for my leaving.

I learned how you should be treated in a work place (most co-workers were very friendly/loving/easy to talk to), how to strive for customer satisfaction (without always following "the customer is always right"), and how to keep up with a fast-paced environment.

I can only complain about scheduling errors (not often, but enough), broken/lack of equipment (walkies, phones, etc.), the lack of scheduled associates, and how all 7-8 managers might tell you different interpretations of store rules.

100% recommend giving it a try, just be ready to work, and work with positive attitudes!
Pros
Weekly pay, flexible hours, reasonable breaks, friendly associates, great bargains, generous employee discounts
Cons
Low pay, sometimes understaffed, new floor associates are not always trained, sometimes not enough equipment for floor associates to use for helping customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.3K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

91%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss