Kohl's

Kohl's Employee Reviews

United States21,660 reviews
Found 21,660 reviews matching the search
Featured review
Kohl's selected this as a representative review
As a part-time job, flexibility in scheduling was just right. Assigned specific department responsibilities with clear expectations. Supportive co-workers and management. Encouraged to train for all areas of the store. Customer satisfaction is key to the success of the store. Employees are appreciated and rewarded on a regular basis.
Management could care less about you wanting hours constant hassle to get credit goal and if you don’t reach it they take away hours don’t care if they schedule you for 4 hours still expect you to do the same amount of work as if you are schedule for 8 hours toxic management talk behind you they simply try to suck you dry of any hope of a future by trying to down you discounts are lies up the prices on those days then give false hope of a real discount
Pros
You work 14 hours
Cons
Good job for a young college student or teenager with not a lot of bills. Managers had their cliques and favorites which is unfair. No matter how hard you work they will choose not to acknowledge it. Breaks are 15 minutes and lunches were 30 minutes. Not long enough considering you’re on you’re feet the whole time at work. They will train you for every position even if you didn’t apply.
Pros
discounts
Cons
Short breaks, terrible management
I enjoyed working here what little time I got.it was a fun experience and wouldn't mind working there again. I could have defintely used more hours but over all, a good experience.
Pros
Fun place to work.
Cons
Not enough hours
Horrible place to work, no leadership, boring, creates customer aaaasaaalways being right atmosphere. No help, not enough help , customers constantly complaining
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
I like the job very much , my position was amazing I loved picking in the pick mod , I stayed to myself and got my work done at a good pace , the trainers and supervisors were a great help also.
Always busy nice people some days it was fun and sometimes I worked with coworkers because we had different sections I had fun organizing and making things look nice and where they needed to be
Interesting place to work.It was fun working with coworkers and the customers were nice for the most part.They offer a great employee discount. Pay and hours could be improved.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Focus on selling credits cards, pay
I do not work there at this time.but when I did it was a great place to work, meet people and become sort of a work family.... which I find kind of cool it made coming to work fun and worth working
Pros
It’s fun
Cons
It can get busy at times
management was nice.
People from other departments will help you.

I made friends there and still talk to them today.

When I was there the pay was low but I think thats changed now.

As long as you show up and get credit card sign ups you'll be good
Pros
Friendly staff, flexibility
Cons
We are just coming off from Employee appreciation week. they had drawing daily for fun prizes. We had a different theme each day. Kohls is now showcasing their denim and you can wear demin each workday. As long as you can be a team player and give it 100% each day you go in, you will be fine.
I've worked for Kohl's for over 4 years. During this time I have made a lot of friends out of my coworkers, and immediate managers. However, our store manager for the past two years has really brought moral down within our workplace. She cares little for us as people, and only for the number of credits we get, and the amount of sales. There is zero positive feedback when we do something well, yet she has no problem berating us right in front of our coworkers, and even customers when we make a mistake. It's very unprofessional. Many of us loyal employees have left because her management is just that bad.
I'm not saying all Kohl's stores are this way, but considering Kohl's has so little to offer to part timers in the way of benefits, and they literally have the lowest retail starting wage of all their competitors, you'd think they would do more to keep the good, hard workers around. In 4 years I still make only $10/hour. I could go to any other retail establishment and make more than that fresh off the street.
Their culture is considerate of employee interests. They tend to under estimate efforts expecting developers to make up difference but they're not alone in that.
Pros
New building for IT.
Overall a great company to work for. Kohls offers great discounts to the customers along with the employees. Always room for advancement and bonuses. Delivering greatness is a must. That's what keeps customers coming back. I no longer work for Kohls but I am still a loyal customer.
Pros
True customer service at its finest
Cons
Lost time with my family during holidays
Kohl’s Cares is the volunteer part that employees got to participate in. If a minimum of 5 associates show up to the event kohl’s donates money to the charity.
Pros
Employee discount, Kohl’s cares, fun environment
Cons
Hours vary a lot
The masks and plastic wall barriers made doing the job so much harder. It was always too hot and masks made things unbearable.
The atmosphere was usually upbeat and management was very professional and supportive.

They fed us a lot before COVID-19 but that all had to change.

I’d work here again and recommend working there to anyone who likes working with the public.
Pros
Easy work, shift accommodation, free food
Cons
Pay is low. Masks suck
● Work-life balance
It depends which location the Portland location by mall 205 is great! Awesome management and great job. The hazel dell location in Vancouver is not so much.

● Pay & benefits

It’s not enough to survive from.

● Job security and advancement

I had my job for a while

● Management

It really depends on the location

● Culture

It’s very open

● Overall

Good to get through college and not difficult. The pay isn’t very good, although the job isn’t too hard and theirs enough people willing to help you. Great job for a first job.
It can be a good place to work at times. Other than that, I really don't have anything much i would like to state about working there. Considering I will work there.
Back when the store opened was the best team this store had ever had. Always attentive to customers and knowledgeable about any department. Really hard workers that went above and beyond expectations of what was expected. Over time the original store manager and management team slowly killed the positive atmosphere causing all those dedicated employees to leave one by one. These days you have to hunt for any kind of service in departments and management is still below expectations for all these years this store has been operating. You literally will stand in long lines watching one employee try to get 10 people out of line at a slow pace and no management anywhere to fix or help with the problem.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
low pay, no promotions, and poor leadership
I had a fun time at Kohls while in my seasonal position as an Omni Associate. Everyone was nice, managers cared about you as a person, pay was good for what the job had you do. Only con is that it felt like there was no room for advancement at Kohls. It felt like a position that I would have stayed in if I did not leave.
Pros
Good Management, People, Pay, etc.
Cons
Little/no advancement opportunities
Hiring process was fast. It a message within the next few days wanting a phone Interview instead of a in person one due to the virus. The directions were very clear in addition.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.
7K
Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

78%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

72%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.