Kohl's Employee Reviews

Found 17,198 reviews matching the search See all 17,246 reviews
Kohls
Team Leader/ Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILMarch 18, 2019
working at khols is very hard work . long hours on your feet and very little pay . No advancement oppurtunites and managers are always micromanangeing.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
pay is low
Not a happy place to work
Seasonal Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAMarch 18, 2019
Honestly, not the best place to work.

Between the chaos of stocking, organizing, usually problematic costumers, a product layout to make one's head spin and lackluster management (The store manager himself would rarely show up)
Pros
Meet lots of different people, I guess see recent fashion
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Great Company
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Matthews, NCMarch 18, 2019
I enjoyed working here. My only complaint would be...Offer more stable hours for your full time workers instead of flexible hours. I love people and interacting with them was mostly a pleasure. I had great Managers all around. They were just Awesome. Hated leaving for steadier hours.
Pros
Great Managers makes for great work environment
Cons
Hours not steady
Fast enverirment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 18, 2019
Atypical day at work helping Customer find what they need in a timely manner and helping them order it online if we dont have it in the store. Or to see if anther kohls has it.
Busy
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Monroe, OHMarch 18, 2019
It is a nice place to work as a temporary/Christmas time. They have enough employee's that work here full time so temps get let go as of January 1st.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Temp positions only
Frieght Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJMarch 18, 2019
Very good work environment always about team work. You would get rewarded if you protect the merchandise. I did shipping and receiving I am a quick learner.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Wouldn't give more hours
Able to think on your own.
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHMarch 18, 2019
I didn't think how they put other people above you if they didn't like/ connect with you. I liked that I could be on my own but also talk to people. The hardest part of the job was trying to find something socially correct to wear because if they didn't like what you worse you would be pulled aside.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Good workplace overall.
CFH Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIMarch 18, 2019
Overall good place to work. Not best communication among management team, and in my store some of the promotions were done kind of sneakily....they would have their person already picked but yet try to talk others up, and then they would be so let down about not getting position. Made it hard to move up very much.
Fun and good working place
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 17, 2019
-The paid was good
-Made new friends
-Good experience
It was a really good place to work at. I made new friends and learn so many things while working.
Pros
Good payment
Cons
Short breaks
Fun Place to work
Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  CTMarch 17, 2019
Great place to work, friendly co-workers, very flexible hours. Offers some great benefits and is a charitable company which allows its workers to partake in volunteering.

Want to know more about Kohl's?

Ask a question
definitely a good place to start at
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Stafford County, VAMarch 16, 2019
Personally, I enjoyed working there and dealing with customers on a daily basis. No job was too difficult, and the managers were not bad either. The work environment is very friendly as well.
Pros
work environment
Cons
random schedule, not enough hours
Decent enough place for a starting job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 16, 2019
A decent enough place for a starting job. Pay is low with very small incremental pay raises over time. Hours are VERY flexible though. Management really depends on the manager, some are very productive and useful to have around while others seem completley oblivious to everything.
Pros
Full breaks and lunches, Super flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay, hours can come and go regularly especially when they begin bringing in people from outside.
Hated Every Day I Worked at Kohl's After Management Changed
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lino Lakes, MNMarch 16, 2019
We had a great store manager, and then he left and got replaced.... worst thing to ever happen to the store.

Management doesn't care about you, your pay, or your abilities. I worked here for over 3 years and my raises were junk (never over $0.30) and I only got them because minimum wage went up and they legally had to. I worked my butt off for the first two years, but never got anything in return except for getting yelled at or told to do more. I gave up at this job. Nothing was ever worth it. You do not get money or any type of reward for hard work, so you might as well slack! Most of the young kids did anyway, so just join in and do minimal work. You'll get yelled at either way. This company will ruin your mental health and your desire to work hard. It did for me! I loved working hard when management used to care about me and my coworkers... but management has gone down the toilet.

Whatever you expect to gain from working at Kohl's in Lino Lakes, lower your expectations! A lot!
Pros
Some great gossip with coworkers
Cons
Management is pathetic
Great job
Retail Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMarch 16, 2019
Great choice for my second job, learned a lot about restocking, organization, point of sales, rewards programs and teamwork. Besides the minimum wage salary, I enjoyed my time here.
Would have been ok if management were better
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNMarch 16, 2019
Overall, I loved working for Kohl's as a company. But management at our local store loved to take advantage of their "Open availability" requirements. I have 2 children, and knew I couldn't get hired on unless I had open availability. But management took advantage of that and wanted me to work almost 40 hours in 3 days during the holiday season. Running on less than 3 hours of sleep and not eating for days wore me down. If I mentioned anything about needing a little more time to actually be a Mom, they constantly told me they didn't have to have me and I was free to go anytime.

Also, when an assistant manager treated everyone like dogs, nothing was done by management. We were constantly told to be "faster" at checking out customers and to not engage with customers as it would interfere with our speed of checking anyone out. We were pushed extremely hard to get credit applications, as that is their main priority. If our manangement were replaced, I believe our local store would be much better to work for but I couldn't sacrifice my own mental, physical, and emotional health for $9.25 an hour and continue to be treated like a work horse with no other priorities. At the Cookeville, TN store, if your entire life doesn't revolve around Kohls and doing whatever their management wants you to, then you won't do well.
Pros
decent pay, friendly customers
Cons
management, hours, pushing credit applications
Fast paced and fun place to work.
Omni Lead (Online Ordering System) (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAMarch 16, 2019
Kohls is a fun place to work. The co-workers at my store always help our and are focused to make the store the best it can be. The management team at my store support their associates 100%.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
compensation
Good Ambient
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Andover, MAMarch 16, 2019
of course, retail is tough and always will be. The management and the team are good helping.
Horrible pay and management
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYMarch 15, 2019
Working customer service is definitely the worst position in Kohl's simply because it is where everyone, customers and employees combined, come to dump their problems. All retail has nasty customers, which is especially true here. The part of the job that sucks is the management and employee side. Managers have favoritism over certain employees, giving more job opportunities and pay raises to some employees over others, even when those employees do almost the same job. It makes it hard to bring up issues to management because the harsh reality is that nothing is going to be accomplished. Management has little care about the needs of employees in the aspect of hours and pay and only really step up to their jobs when district managers come to visit, about once every two weeks. There are some good days where the environment is fun and laid back, but the bad days are really bad and dump unnecessary stress on the few employees who are not favored by management.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Management, Bad pay, No real HR
Compensation does not always match workload
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIMarch 15, 2019
Management is young and often inexperienced. Culture for interns is much different than when you start full time. Compensation is the same across all analysts, no matter if one role is much more challenging than another. Completely depends on the team you are on and you have no say in what team you move to. Some teams have a lot of work life balance, some have none, but all are paid the same. No paid recognition for going above and beyond. Very small bonus at the end of the year, even if the company has an amazing year. Hard work is not appreciated in your paycheck.
Cons
little work-life balance, no paid recognition, inexperienced managers, inconsistent culture
I was hired for a seasonal job.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Collierville, TNMarch 15, 2019
I enjoyed working at Kohl's. It was a seasonal part time job. I learned to operate the cash register which was new to me. I worked in the jewelry department and was a cashier. I wanted to learn how to run the cash register. I cleaned our area and put out merchandise.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
there were no cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.6K

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight