Kohl's Employee Reviews

Found 15,160 reviews matching the search See all 15,188 reviews
Management and open communication needs improvement
Seasonal Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 17, 2018
A typical day I would work would be unloading the truck. Unpacking the merchandise and putting it out onto the floor. If there is no room for new merchandise, then see if things can be reorganize to fit new merchandise or back stock the items.
Family oriented
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  South Lebanon, OHJuly 17, 2018
Very family filled. Flexible with schedule. Employee appreciation. community service for employees. Price comparison matches competition. Pay too low.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Pay too low
Seasonal
Sales Associate (First job) (Former Employee) –  Colma, CAJuly 17, 2018
If you plan on working seasonally for Khol's I wouldn't really suggest it unless you're a high school student looking for work experience in the "Real World". Khol's don't teach you anything new except you can develop great communication skills or customer service skills on your own.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Everything.
Blob
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJuly 17, 2018
I don’t even know how to explain working here. I was just a seasonal so can’t say much but once my job “expired” they didn’t communicate and let me know. Even on the clock working there, there was never any communication in the work space
Pros
Cons
Communication
No charge cards, no job.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHJuly 16, 2018
There were very few days I enjoyed working at Kohls. You were forced to ask every customer if they had or wanted a Kohls charge. And if you didn’t get enough people to sign up for Kohl charge cards, you couldn’t keep your job. No matter how good of a cashier you were or how great your customer service was. No charge cards, no job.
Okay for a part time job.
Sales floor associate and Ad-Set supervisor (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTJuly 16, 2018
I liked working overnight there while there were no customers in the building. Working part time at night made it possible for me to be at home with my kids during the day.
working at khols was great while it lasted
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 16, 2018
working there the people were great and friendly everyone work together well hardly any complications management helped whenever I needed learned . few leader ship skills while working there like how to be organized and punctual.
Nice work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 16, 2018
The staff was great made amazing friends, management staff was nice but needed some strong leaders and better communications
They do have an amazing charity fundraiser
Great place
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 16, 2018
Had a great time working at Kohl's good people even the managers helped they guided you answered questions and respectful no incidents or arguments good place to work
Pros
Friendly
Cons
It was a temp job
kohls is great palce of work
Floor Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Downey, CAJuly 16, 2018
Kohls gave me an opportunity to work in a friendly environment i learned to be a cashier,floor sales associate,merchandise handler price changer and dressing room associate
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours for work
Early hours to unload trucks
Seasonal (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CA 92019July 16, 2018
This is definitely a job for early birds. Sometimes started at 4:00 a.m. But a good work environment and good supervisor. Black Friday was a very busy day, it kept me moving.
Pros
Supervisor provided snacks for us.
Cons
Just the early hours.
Great place to start off and work your way up
Supervisor, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 16, 2018
Great start job. Easy to learn duties and great people experience. The variety of roles makes it exciting to go to work. Each shift is full of various jobs and constant customer service.
Pros
fast pace
Cons
constantly on your feet moving for the entire shift
Great workspace
Test Engineer (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJuly 15, 2018
I learned a lot from this job. I have been working here for past 2 years and i'm experiencing a great atmosphere here . I strongly recommend for freshly graduated candidates .
Pros
free lunch, play area
Cons
healthcare
a nice place to work if you need to balance personal and professional life
WJM part time lead (Current Employee) –  Paducah, KYJuly 15, 2018
The store manager is a very sincere person. He realizes there are things in life that may occur and he does his best to work with you around those occurrences to give you a fair schedule. They appear to hire within on some of the levels of the store. I enjoy merchandising and improving the look of the departments. Most of the associates at Kohl's appear to get along.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
working nights
Small retailer but still has its busy days.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 15, 2018
The team was small but very able to get the job done no matter the goal. The team is very open and friendly and won't ever stop to give you an answer or explanation on how to get the job done.
Productive & High Energy Retail Store
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Bricktown, NJJuly 15, 2018
The average day is pretty busy and is fueled by acceptable customer services. Working with co-workers and customers is essential from day to day. The flexible work hours and how the managers are willing to work with what hour and days you are available to work. All in all Kohl's is a great experience and a good entry level job for someone who has a second job or schooling that needs flexible hours.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Employee Discount, Co-workers
Cons
Hours for Part Timers
Communication is key
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Killingly, CTJuly 15, 2018
In the 6+ years that I have been affiliated with Kohl's Corp., I have seen many changes. However, I have found that communication is key to success with this company.
nice place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIJuly 15, 2018
enjoyed working with the public, fast paced environment with good management and training available. variety of duties, great work schedule. happy place to work
Pros
fun place
Cons
not enough hours
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Michigan City, INJuly 15, 2018
The management team is very helpful in helping you succeed and work as a team to get results. Very fast paced, but relaxing job. Not to much stress. Great place to work.
fun workplace
Point of Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MIJuly 15, 2018
A typical day was greeting customers, making sure you met your goal on credit card apps you've done. kept display tables neat, And making sure you satisfy the customers
Pros
pay weekly
Cons
not long enough lunch

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K
44.8K
33.5K
21.1K

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kohl's.

Powered by Comparably