Kohl's Employee Reviews

Found 15,186 reviews matching the search See all 15,215 reviews
Everybody is respectful
Picker Packer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 20, 2018
Co-workers are very respectful and helpful . Is all about team work. A typical day at work includes inspecting packages, Picking, handling, storing, and packing .
Pros
free hoilday lunch
It was productive and fun
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 20, 2018
It was a great work environment. It was fast-paced. You are able to grow within the company and the associate aren’t the only ones working. You would see your supervisor out picking and packing as well.
Nice and Productive Work place
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 19, 2018
It was a Nice work environment, Quick pace and Well Paid. I would have loved to work there longer , Long Lunches and Great Employees. I enjoyed it .!!
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAJuly 19, 2018
This job allowed for many advanced opportunity. I was able to move to all department until i found what suited me. I was allowed very flexible hours and was given time off when asked.
Great Retail Job
Seasonal Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 19, 2018
Kohls was a nice place to work seasonally. It was fast paced. They kept an up beat pace. Management was always there to help. I even went back to work a second time for the holidays.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Late nights
Very much enjoy my coworkers
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAJuly 19, 2018
I like working there while searching for a higher paying position. Being at Kohls requires teamwork/group participation, especially during the months when higher ups think its ok to work a skeleton crew. I definitely enjoy teamwork in whatever capacity I work, though it can definitely be defeating when you only get on the schedule 1-2 times per week. The continuous drive to get credit cards is quite annoying and even the most competitive amongst us become disillusioned at times. Other than that, I really do like those I work with and for.
Fun Environment
Department Supervisor for Home and Kids (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GA 30120July 19, 2018
The managers make sure everyone is enjoying their job and works with them when help is needed. Always show how important each worker are to the company.
Pros
Laughter, incentives, works with schedule
Cons
stressful during holidays, have to work on holidays away from family- no exceptions
Fun and Nice place to work @
PACKING (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJuly 19, 2018
It's is a nice place to work at if u like to move fast the workers there are awesome it's a fast pace always making sure the product was not damage before it gets send out to
Pros
They feed you on holidays
Cons
Place is nice to work at
Kohls was a great place to work
Card Services - Advocate 3 (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78251July 18, 2018
I loved it, never thought I would leave, but due to a car accident I had to resign. I miss all the bonuses & discounts. The Work/Life balance was a major blessing while working there. I've heard it has changed a lot after some upper management moved on to greener pastures
Pros
Lots of discounts
Cons
Working the holidays
Busy place with a lot of customers during sales.
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJuly 18, 2018
A difficult day with a lot of expectations, sometimes incredibly demanding and stressful day. Sometimes physically back-breaking work that challenges your patience and fortitude.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Lack of benefits generally.
Ok training
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SD 57701July 18, 2018
Good co-workers, some willing to help you learn others not so much. Some co-workers smile and say hello as they passed you during the day and others even in management would look the other way or look down at their paperwork as they passed you. Not a comfortable feeling for the latter example.
Pros
Free cake once in a while.
Cons
Breaks were ok.
I liked working here. Not a lot of room to advance.
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  White Lake, MIJuly 18, 2018
The pay hovers around minimum wage. Wish I could have gotten a raise more often. it was nice working in a clean environment and the staff when I began was wonderful.
Enjoyable work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Troy, OHJuly 18, 2018
Management was accommodating. I found it to be a fun place to work, everyone that I worked with was very nice. Some customers can be rude but overall, people were nice.
Need to listen to employees
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, PAJuly 18, 2018
I loved working at Kohl's for the first few months, but I noticed I was doing most of the work while other employees were on their phone in the fitting room or chatting with each other. I felt like there was too much expected of us for the compensation we received.
Store closed
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Upland, CAJuly 18, 2018
Typical retail work load. Great co-workers. Learned all departments. Supervised shoe department. Hard to deal with some customers. Enjoyed helping customers.
Bad overall manager, Just mean and rude when asking a question and for help
Cashier/Customer Service/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langhorne, PAJuly 18, 2018
Very degrading and mean manager of the whole store. Made you feel less then all the time when asking for help or assistance. Did not like when you you needed something from him.
Pros
Friendly associates, Good break times, Discounts
Cons
Poor management, Low pay
Super stressful
Associate (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJuly 18, 2018
The job will be more enjoyable if the managers are not rude and snappy. No matter how well you use your communication skills, you are never told, good job, or asked how are you today.

The management needs serious training on communication
Productive and fun crew
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJuly 18, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working at Kohl's. It was a seasonal position and I was given the opportunity to continue on, but during day hours, verses the night shift I was currently on.
Overall good place to work. Fast paced, friendly associates and managers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sonora, CAJuly 18, 2018
In my time at Kohl's I've met many great people from fellow associates to customers. It's an overall good place to work just not somewhere I see myself being permanently.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Patterson, CAJuly 17, 2018
Kohls is a great place to work. They have great benefits and options to make your own schedule. They have two shifts to choose from. They give their employees great discounts during the year.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours, labor job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

55K
44.8K
33.5K
21.1K

Diversity score

63out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kohl's.

Powered by Comparably