Kohl's Employee Reviews

Found 16,742 reviews matching the search See all 16,776 reviews
Good first job
POINT OF SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJanuary 17, 2019
This was my first job and most days were doing my job conintuusly. Keeping busy made the hours fly by and the pay was pretty good. Associates only got 15% off but during the holidays we got extra coupons. At the cash register, had to meet goals of having people sign up for credit cards.
i really enjoyed working at kohls
SALE ASSOCIATE, CASHIER (Former Employee) –  555 fairmont pkwy pasadenaJanuary 17, 2019
my managers was great they always made sure i had breaks and had everything i need to work efficiently. everyone i worked with was so sweet and helpful.and the work was easy to learn
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
mad customers
Kohl's
Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2019
It was a fine first job, however I know my value is worth more than minimum wage and I had to leave to continue schooling. The work was somewhat mindless folding of clothes.
hours were speratic
Package Handler (Current Employee) –  Grain Valley, MOJanuary 17, 2019
no set hours are given.. never know week from week what you would be working. I went from full time to part time. While on part time my hours were cut a lot
I was seasonal and I didn’t work many hours.
Retail Associate - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Florence, KYJanuary 17, 2019
I worked there for a short period of time because I was only a seasonal worker and they were over staffed. I liked the few people I got to talk to and enjoyed the work environment.
Great people and great enviorment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Augusta, MEJanuary 17, 2019
Kohls was a great place to work and a great experience. It can be fast paced but its never too much to handle. Everyone is very nice and very helpful towards each other
It was good as a beginner job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Portage, MI 49002January 17, 2019
Kohls is very highly focused on selling credit. There's not any incentive for the employees, but they rely on us. The staff was all very friendly, it made me enjoy going, but the inability to work with a high school student's schedule was the main reason I dreaded work.
This company values its employees
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXJanuary 17, 2019
The hardest part of the job is.. the customer is always right. The most enjoyable part of this job is the workplace culture. What I learned is valuable customer service skills
Workplace Culture
PACKING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDJanuary 17, 2019
Friendly co workers. Terrible management. Took many Chiefs and not enough workers. Okay pay. Fast Paced. Terrible point system. No medical leave. Very noisy, but its a warehouse so that's to be expected.
Retail is retail
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Stroudsburg, PAJanuary 17, 2019
The job is great especially if your are a student trying to work and go to school but retail is retail and customers are customers so this job helps you develop your people skills.
Wouldn't go back
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southaven, MSJanuary 16, 2019
I was only there for a couple months during Thanksgiving and Christmas. I had no training whatsoever. My first day I was left in the breakroom after completing my computer assessments where I waited out the rest of my shift for sometime to come give me a tour. My seasonal position was over when they stopped putting me on the schedule.
Pros
N/a
Cons
The entire experience
Difficult company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 16, 2019
I learned a lot working here, but you are expected to do a lot with very little resources. As time went on the expectations got higher, and payroll was constantly cut.
Great place to work for those later in their career
Advertising and Registry Reporting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJanuary 16, 2019
I started at Kohl's as a consultant, working in E-commerce. It was my first "real" job after college after a few part-time gigs. The first few months I learned a lot about workplace etiquette in a corporate setting. I did however feel slightly out of place; the majority of my colleagues were 15-20 years older than me and much further in their careers. It offered a great opportunity to learn and quickly mature.

I was hired full-time and I was able to take advantage of the many benefits offered to Kohl's employees. I immediately joined the Wisconsin Athletic Club (WAC), to which Kohl's pays for a membership with a minimum of 8 visits per month. I haven't been able to take advantage of many other benefits, though, because I simply can't appreciate them at this point in my life. Benefits like onsite daycare, free entry to the Milwaukee Zoo, Milwaukee Art Museum, etc, are all great for Kohl's associates with families, however as a millennial I struggle to appreciate all the benefits at my disposal.
Pros
WAC Membership, flexible hours
Cons
office location
Constantly dealing with a dumpster fire
sales associate (Current Employee) –  Greeley, COJanuary 16, 2019
The store is usually vastly understaffed for how messy and rude the customers are. Most of the days, there are not enough cashiers so people will be called from the floor for backups, but sometimes you are up there for so long you don't get your own duties done and it just cascades onto the next person until it's a huge mess.
Pros
Sometimes they feed you, you can stack discounts
Cons
Low hours, stressful
great work place
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAJanuary 16, 2019
I really enjoyed my time in this company. I was going to school so they fixed my hours. management was good no complains on that note I would recommend it for college students
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
lack of advancment
Do not like the current managers
Retail Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJanuary 16, 2019
In 2014-2015 had the best managers, unfortunately they were all replaced with new managers. All of my friends that had worked there had quit because the new management was so poor.
temporary position
Temporary Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 16, 2019
i was at kohl's for a seasonal position. I liked doing my job. I would take merchandise off the truck and place on the floor. I learned that this wasn't a job for me
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
working holidays
High stress
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glendale, WIJanuary 16, 2019
There was constantly quotas, even if they did not call them that. I earned time off but with staffing shortages rarely was I able to take it. Management only cared about themselves.
was a sesional hire
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAJanuary 16, 2019
So I got this job around the holidays back in 2004. I was looking to venture into a different atmosphere than the grocery store I had worked at previously. After the holidays were over the company didn't need me anymore so I was out of a job for at least a month.
Random free lunch
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rego Park, NYJanuary 16, 2019
Managers cut hours of those they aren’t close with so their favorite associates are able to get as many hours as they want. They also threaten your job if you call out sick.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.4K
45.3K
33.9K
21.3K

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

91%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss