Kohl's Employee Reviews in Edgewood, MD

Found 301 reviews matching the search See all 18,364 reviews
Love
Kohl's Associate (Former Employee) –  Edgewood mdJune 15, 2019
This job was amazing I loved everything about especially when peak season hit you could make so much extra money and they gave u so many raises the only this is they don’t really give second chances much
Fun chill place to work
Picker Packer Replenishment shipping (Former Employee) –  Edgewood marylandJune 12, 2019
Blue star for excellent the job is fun and you learn a lot while working there and you meet cool people doing the picking and packing is one of the best actually fun jobs to do while working there
Fun and safe workplace. Great discounts. Community involved company
Kohls warehouse (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDJune 11, 2019
Kohls is a great job. They offer great discounts for shopping with their company. They have all your needs from clothing to home goods. They participate in community activities and give back to the community. Great opportunities for advancement and great overtime pay. Great incentives for working overtime during holiday times.
Pros
Paid lunch, easy work, great management, and great discounts
Cons
Seasonal positions may be ended at the end of the holiday season
Very fast paced enviorment
Order Packer/ Shipping & Receiving (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDMarch 28, 2019
you can learn a lot of different positions at Kohls, the management is very helpful and the work environment is very pleasant, you can also advance pretty quickly.
Pros
can advance quickly
Cons
manditory overtime, - 7 to 14 days straight without a day off
Productive and good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDMarch 21, 2019
Fun and nice place to work, with great benefits Kohl’s warehouse will provide new challenges, good team leaders hands on training. Extra hours and breaks.
It was a fun place to work
Material Handler/Shipping (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDMarch 19, 2019
I enjoyed my time at KOHL'S, peak season was stressful at times and you worked 16 hours a day during that time, but all in all it was fun. I love the fact that they give back to the community
Great job for University students.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, MDMarch 1, 2019
Honestly, I don't have anything negative to say about Kohl's. It's a great job for University students and it has helped me to afford school and this job has worked with me on my many occasions. The work isn't difficult.
Pros
Paid lunches, pay, supervisors
Cons
Hard on your feet
Wonderful seasonal job to take on. Well worth the rewards. Discounts. Gift cards. Ect.
Edgewood - Picker (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDFebruary 19, 2019
Kohl’s was overall a great warehouse to work at. Decent break period. Provided a lot of extras. Breaks were very comfortable & accomidating; computer room, relax room, plenty of space. Coworkers always a seemed present. Laid back but defiantly professional. Most people enjoyed working there. Great hours. Rewards come along with holidays and extra hours.
High paced with high demand
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDFebruary 15, 2019
I was a seasonal hire for peak and it paid well for someone with no experience at all. I only staid 5/6 month contract term because I had bills to pay and couldn't wait till the last second for them to offer full or part time. Management cared and if you couldn't meet the number they wanted they saw it as a failure on their part. Did stretches everyday at daily meeting to ensure you were ready to work safe. The discount we got was STACKABLE. They provided food about once a month and since you worked holidays you got lunch then as well. Was a great start but not for everyone, good shoes are a must.
Pros
Holidays were double time
Cons
Only 2 30min breaks
Working hard
Distribution Center Associate (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDFebruary 14, 2019
I was learning how to ( RF Unit Control Functions ) and ( Wrist Rocket Control Functions ). And I learned How to received and package products.How to pick products.
Productive work place
Seasonal associate (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDJanuary 20, 2019
It was a fast paced, but long hour job. It has its pros and cons like every job. It was very tiring, you stand on your feet for however long your shift is. The management could use some work.
Workplace Culture
PACKING ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDJanuary 17, 2019
Friendly co workers. Terrible management. Took many Chiefs and not enough workers. Okay pay. Fast Paced. Terrible point system. No medical leave. Very noisy, but its a warehouse so that's to be expected.
fun learning place to work
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDJanuary 7, 2019
My experience with khohls was fun a good seasonal job .meet new people learn different things and I think its a good warehouse job . good to learn from if you never had experience working in a warehouse
Peak Season gives hrs
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, MDJanuary 4, 2019
I have enjoyed my stay at kohls so far, all the management isn't all on the same page but there are plenty of people that u can talk to. During peak season there is a good chance to make alot of money if you put the time in.
Great environment
Package Handler/Sorter (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDJanuary 2, 2019
They take care of their employees. If you do what your paid to do. You will love to go to work. The hrs may be long but they do have quite areas for when your on break.
Pros
Big cafeteria selections, friendly, paid lunch. Big outside smoking area
Cons
Cannot leave the building during lunch and breaks unless approved by manager.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, MDDecember 19, 2018
Very good place to work. Good management. Very relaxed job depending on your department. Just make sure when there’s work, you’re doing it. Lot of down time. Able to use your phone on the floor. Nice people.
Pros
2 paid lunch breaks, able to have your phone, easy work
Cons
Hard to stay permanent after seasonal
fast pace work
Warehouse worker (Current Employee) –  Edgewood, MDDecember 5, 2018
they will work you to the bone. they see that you have high numbers and keep pushing you to do better. which is fine but they should extend the same to all employees.
Cool place to work
Order Consolidation (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDDecember 5, 2018
The side I was located on my managers just seemed racist to me they wanted to over work us like we was slaved we had to do work from our shift the night shift and more and when we needed help they pressured us to hurry up when they as managers suppose to be leaders should have helped out not stand around telling us we moving to slow or not to talk why you work
great place
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDDecember 3, 2018
this is great place to work. they have good hours and is a fast paced work environment. . the management is good and the HR department is always there is you need them.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Edgewood, MDNovember 26, 2018
A typical work day check with supervisor walk to trucks make sure the truck get loaded and ready to ship.
How to unload and reload truck send and load truck to read to go to different states and locations.
Management making sure everyone was on task nothing for back up in shots or stop the lines make bag and boxes go to the right place. The hardest part of the job is making sure everything getting to the right stop without damaging the product.
Being able to listen to music most enjoyable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kohl's.

Powered by Comparably