Kohl's

Tucson, AZ49 reviews

Found 49 reviews matching the searchSee all 25,223 reviews
creditassociatestorediscountretailseasonalcustomerregister

Depends on the position

I started working as a cashier and had to get people to sign up for credit cards, which I was uncomfortable with and would get scolded a lot by the manager. I was advanced to customer service and cash office after a few months of working there. I loved working in customer service and didn't have any problems with management after the transition.

Pros

Consistent breaks, nice coworkers

Cons

Pressure to meet credit card sign-up

Terrible management and definite cliques between workers.

The management was TERRIBLE. Had 6 managers and all of them were snooty, rude and hypocrites. It is the overall attitude that if you are new, you cannot do basic tasks such as greeting customers. If you are not good with selling a credit card to EVERY customer, DO NOT APPLY! I was yelled at multiple times by head manager for not “selling” enough credit cards during my shifts. Employees are unhelpful and snobby as well, overall very poor experience. Only positive was the pay was a little above average, solely because of INSANELY HIGH TURNOVER RATE!

Pros

Pay was reasonable, somewhat flexible schedule.

Cons

Poor management, poor work environment, high-stress minimal room for error environment.

Kohl's insights

Based on 11,455 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

Bad

I was in high school they always tried to change my schedule and they never helped they never communicated good at all just left you to learn by yourself

Easy temporary job

This is a good temporary job for a student or someone in transition. The work environment was pleasant and easy. Managers seem to care about you, but the pay is very low.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay

Needs higher pay. Management needs to be on same page.

Management was always very confusing. Sometimes belittled employees. Some managers very helpful to help in the development of their team. Power struggles quite often.

They allow you to make decisions that work for your environment

There are best practices to follow but if you take the right partners, you can adjust things to help fit your environment better to help the store be successful

Pros

Development

Cons

N/a

I think it was a great place to work

I think that the environment was a very calm place to work and made you feel welcome. The management was very nice and understanding about problems that would occur.

Amazing job

Kohl’s is an amazing place to work for. You’re always busy doing work, and there’s never a dull moment. Management is great too. Fully competent and capable of handling unruly customers and situations in which you need help with merchandise.

Office Manager

Horrible management at my location. I took on a regional manger role when I was in an office manager role since the management team was lazy. I knew how to improve scheduling and day-to-day operations, but no one would adapt; so I move on and got several call backs to reclaim the position after I left.

Wish I could get more hours as a part time like 20 or 22 hours a week.

Manager needs to write down what a meeting is about. Cuz I am deaf. It’s important for me to know..... Or request America Sign Language either I really enjoyed working with the employee s. They are so nice/friendly.

Friendly environment

I learned multi-associates jobs titles, Cashier was the majority of my duties. While also helping other associates to stock shelf's. I worked the seasonal position late evening and mostly weekends.

Fun Evironment

I would say my overall experience at Kohl's was a good one. I spent a short time there, but the people and the environment all made it worth it. There were definitely times where I've had bad experiences with customers, but I was able to keep to calm and not take it personally. It's pretty hard to have your voice heard there, especially as a seasonal sales associate and that's one thing I didn't like about it. I don't think there was really anything that hard about my job. Everything was pretty self explanatory and was easy to pick up on. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people I enjoyed being around and overall having a good time.

Pros

Bonus opportunities and free lunches

Cons

Hard to have your voice heard, and a few bad managers

Productive and nice working place with a nice breakroom.

When you work there for so long the people become family. And if you dont like the managers, they are always switching and swapping places so always room to grow and move up

Cons

Management sometimes not on same page

A fun work place

Wish the management was better at being for the accociates and not the all mighty credits, as well as the hours being better but overall a fun place to work.

Pros

Paid rest breaks

fun environment, over worked, stressful, not enough staffing

Over work all there employees, department leaders don't receive enough help to complete the exhausting tasks they are given each day. they don't staff the fitting rooms with enough workers which leads to department leads to take care of and there work doesn't get done, which trickles up the ladder of leadership leaving jobs done half par, or not at all. Policies for customers are outrageous and ridiculous leaving management to deal with societies best everyday. ITS EXHAUSTING!!! I feel for every employee that works in each and every store.

Pros

The coworkers are a family

Cons

You'll need to be medicated from the drama and stress

Great starter place to work

Managers always treated with me respect. Great job once you learn what to do. I would switch between shoes and working the cash register, good customer service skills was certainly needed

Don’t recommend

n my experience working there training was terrible. Management didn’t communicate well at all. Opportunities to advance were limited and not really worth the time. Hard work didn’t get acknowledged.

Pros

Works with you sched

Cons

lack of training

Kind employees

This was my first job and I worked seasonally, the managers were nice and often gave you extra jobs to pass the time when things were slow, and answered any questions you had with a good attitude. Other employees were also very helpful and nice.

Fast pace

Its not a place to work if your not a hard worker. You have to be fast efficient and friendly. Have to work weekends and holidays and it can be soul crashing but the people you work with will have your back and make you laugh. It can be a great place to work but its high stress.

No fun

Stressful no fun unless your a favorite. Always on you for the smallest things, I would go home everyday not wanting to return, the credit card sales were most stressful

Overall Bad

The managers will work you hard without any acknowledgement no matter how hard you work and try to do the best you can. The customers are just as bad as they will also walk all over you because they know they can and managers won't do anything about it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.9Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Kohl's with

Learn about Kohl's in Tucson, AZ

Kohl's reviews by popular job title

• Kohl's