Kohl's

Associate1,225 reviews
United States1,225 reviews

Found 1,225 reviews matching the searchSee all 24,551 reviews

Kohl's Summary

My review at Kohl's would be that if you enjoy working with a great team its perfect. Kohl's focuses developing everyone in a team. Many people at Kohl's have team meetings to set up for holidays.

Best Retail Place To Work At

This is the best retail and place I worked at. Good management and felt safe working there. They treated me well. I was treated the same as other people regardless of how I was different.

Kohl's insights

Based on 10,605 survey responses
What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

terrible work place

Im overworked and under payed and sometimes im under payed and under worked because kohls has to cut everyones hours bc they cant pay enough people. omni is stressful and they expect you to do it all alone even when they know it will busy. The managers are alright except 1 and coworkers are pretty nice.

Pros

good discounts

Cons

terrible hours and terrible pay

It works?

If you’re looking for a job that pays something, this is for you. Management is a little rough around the edges. You never know who is closing, which is the worst downside. The management moods/expectations or ways of completing a sale are very different, as they ask you to do different things. All co-workers are lovely.

Pros

co-workers

Cons

the push on credit cards, push on customer reviews, scheduling is heavily focused on if you get credit or not

Personal questions

I was always asked personal questions when I was calling out for health reasons. I hated every second I worked there. And the pay rate sucks for the amount of work.

Don't care much about their employees

I have worked at Kohl's for a year and half. I wanted part time because I am a teacher full time. They often scheduled me up to 28 hours during the Chistmas season which is November thru December. On the weekend I was worked 7 to 8 hour shifts in the fitting rooms. The fitting room was way too much for one person on the weekends. It includes watching men's and women's fitting rooms, picking up the fitting rooms which were often left a mess, hanging up/folding clothes and trying to put all the clothes away. I would put 17 miles of steps just trying to keep up with the fitting rooms. No matter how much I talked to them about how much this was for one person I kept being assigned to the fitting room for 8 hour shifts. It is too much for one person to keep up with. I had to leave because it was putting too much wear on my body.

Fun job

Had the best managers at Laurel, MD!!! The job is pretty basic, but was fun! One day I walked 8 miles fulfilling orders! Wish the pay was a little bit better but it's average for the industry.

Its a Good Decent Job

Kohls is a great place to work and have helped my shy side and helped improve my teamwork skills and leadership skills. Sometimes having multiple managers in store can be a bit confusing at times since they have their own way of handling things. The big down side of the job is if your working very hard and do multiple projects to help improve the store, your work would seem unnoticeable and is hard to get other associates to help out with the extra work in the department and would cause all that hard work you do be for nothing and would fall apart over time. The only appreciation you would get is if your at a register earning store credit. I feel that the store only cares about making sales and credit but they don't see the big picture which is that the floor could be filled constantly from the stockroom to earn more sales and keeping areas organized and most importantly having at least some associates be on the sales floor instead of spending most of their shifts on register. I often hear customers say they can never find anyone to help them and all that can cause harm to store sales.

Pros

Good break times, Friendly place to work

Cons

Pays not great, Hardwork goes unnoticed

Making new friends, quiet environment, clean

I honestly liked working at Kohl’s mainly because of the people I worked with. I found it really calming and quiet and nothing too much or too loud.

Pros

Give you free snacks for lunch or break sometimes

Cons

Not too many hours

Good for part-time work

Nice working environment with a lack of effective training for new employees and a work culture that is tolerant of some less than ideal things. Overall glad to have worked there.

ok

Since started working there has been a change new manager who really is not seen or interact with associates. Moral is horrible. All they care about is credit not the good service given by all floor and cashiers. Do not recognize the interaction cashiers have with shoppers. We are not shown any surveys customers have given if associate is mentioned. only 11. an hour really sucks.give such praise to people who get credit. not a nice place to work anymore

Terrible place to work!

If you are in high school then its ok to work there. But if you are an adult and have REAL bills and people to take care of then Kohls will NOT help you achieve any of that!

Pros

Laid back

Cons

Pay is horrible

overall not a bad place

kohls was my first job, its not a bad place to work, it can be pretty relaxed most of the time and during off seasons you're just folding clothes.i worked during peak black friday season doing omni and bopus and i enjoyed it but it was also very stressful at times. after black friday it calmed down quite a bit and was a lot more relaxed & slow going.i never worked the cash register but i know my managers were a little pushy about getting credits. but besides that my managers were very considerate.the two things they care about most is making sure all bopus orders go through in their one hour time window and that we meet the daily quota for kohl's credit cards.again, not a bad first job, can be hectic depending on the time of year.my coworkers were my favorite part of everything

Pros

nice coworkers, easy work, fast-paced*

Cons

fast-paced*

Hard work for low pay

As a full time flex associate you are trained in all departments for the store, but are still paid the same as individuals hired for just one department. The workload is overwhelming, not just over holidays but on a day to day basis. There are two to three merchandise shipments constantly being pushed, resulting in overworked and underpaid employees. Stores are understaffed due to pay rate versus the work load. A good job as long as you stick to just cashiering.

Pros

Bonus discounts every couple of months in store, flexible schedules for part time

Cons

No PTO or sick days, stressful work situations

Productive and great coworkers

I worked for kohls for 3 years and made it up a ladder. Started at part time, did full time, and became a lead. Although sometimes the work is heavy and they have slight high expectations. Makes you feel accomplished for the most part. Good first job in retail.

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Open late on holidays

It’s was ok

Mangers are decent and not really caring bout the amazon department In all honesty if u don’t mind working a lot of hours this is the job for you It’s easy work decent pay Kinda works with ur schedule but not really

Pros

Cons

No hours

Good store

This store is a good place to work with somewhat decent management; however, the corporation, as a whole, does NOT value their employees. The hourly wage is SIGNIFICANTLY lower than other comparable retailers in the area, yet corporate refuses to address it. Meanwhile, we cannot hire or keep staff due to the low wages and we continue to work understaffed for well over two years. Even after many years of working for Kohl's, most of the (non-management) staff that actually run the store are still not paid at or above other retailers in the area. The flexible schedule and pleasant co-workers are the reasons why most of us stay.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

LOW pay

i mean it’s okay I guess

was hired for Omni fulfillment but was pretty much treated as a cashier, 90% of my shifts were at cash being expected to make people sign up for credit cards, Omni was fun, cash was not.

Great people and great management

I loved working here!! This is the only place I felt valued and cared for as an employee. Co-workers are fun and great people. I loved being able to do displays and merchandising the sales floor. Lots to do there and they have you do everything once and if you do t like it they won’t ask you to do it again unless it’s urgent. I loved that!!

Pros

Clean environment, positive and upbeat atmosphere.

Cons

The pay could be better

Productive yet tiring workspace

I worked in shipment every morning. The work can be very tiring and it’s a lot of heavily lifting and fast paced work environment. Management was okay.

Pros

Lunch break

Cons

Heavy lifting

Great environment

I have worked at multiple Kohl’s over the years and they all have this common energy and positivity I would moray definitely recommend for part time or something seasonal or temporary

Pros

Work/life

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

71%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss