Kohl's Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 1,522 reviews matching the search See all 18,307 reviews
Seasonal
Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2019
As a seasonal employee, you don’t receive any of the benefits but it’s great work experience and honestly it was fun. I worked in the kids and home department and while it could get messy in the kids clothes and toys, it wasn’t a big deal to refold and organize the shelves. Plus it was great to have the discount during the holidays so I bought A lot of my gifts for my family. Working registers could get crazy but there was always someone there to help.
everything in general
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ahwatukee, AZJuly 15, 2019
When I first started working here I thought it would be fun. And now I take it all back. Some of the managers a real pain to work with, and the others are tolerable. I've heard rumors that the store managers is harassing the younger women (between the age of 18 and higher). Turns out the rumors are true. For my coworkers, most of them are fun to deal with, and there are some who gives bad vibes. What I mean by that is some coworkers would refuse to work together, and some can disobedient.
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 15, 2019
A typical day at work would be clocking in, looking at the schedule to see which department you are in, and do that task. If you get a lot of credits, expect to be at the cash register, so you can meet everyone's credit goal for the week.
Poor communication and poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 12, 2019
The management team is awful. They don't care about their workers and the store is always left a mess at night for closing. The store is in horrible shape and so disorganized. New employees are left to their own devices even if they need help. Nothing is explained fully, just partial explanations that doesn't answer questions.
Pros
Personal lockers, easy parking
Its a great pt job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Whitehall Township, PAJuly 9, 2019
Its a great pt time job. But they have cut back on the amount of employees so far, that its hard to cover all areas.
I would consider going back, if I would only be a cashier.
Fun place to work with toom for advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 7, 2019
One of my favorite places to work. Management has a compassionate demeanor and genuinely cares for the well being of their employees. There is never a dull moment
Pros
Frequent free lunches
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Crestwood, MOJuly 7, 2019
I started as a seasonal cashier and now part time cashier and customer service. My store has excellent management. We all get along and work as a team. The customers are nice for the most part. When they complain do what you can to make them happy or call a manager to handle.

They are way ahead of the competition in e-commerce and now they are taking Amazon returns is a good sign. The company is stable and profitable. The discounts are good but the pay and schedule needs to be addressed.

Management is stressed out because the pay deficit makes it difficult to recruit and keep talent. I do get credit card weary at times but am a consistent leader.
Pros
People, discounts, store
Cons
Pay
Stressful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORJuly 6, 2019
Management not respectful. Had a great manager but he left. Our assistant took over and she is terrible. Everyone hates being here now. Wish it could be like it was.
Strict management and stressful environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 5, 2019
Management would push you nonstop to get credit card sign ups, and would be mad if you didn't reach a certain amount. Customers were extremely whenever there was a problem.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 1, 2019
I had a lot of fun working at Kohl's and I was there 5 years. But I did not get paid enough and worked enough hours plus working with all the managers and coworkers. Plus signing customers up for credit cards.
Pros
Not enough hours!
Cons
Breaks and 30 minute lunch breaks
Front End Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHJune 29, 2019
Minimum wage, no room for growth, poor management. Good manager got terminated. Management talked poorly about that former manager. Customers and I loved that Manager. Did not get recognized for outstanding service. Force credit on customers. Kohls does not care about providing great customer service.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else.
Lack of communication, Little hours, benefits werent great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 28, 2019
This company has a lot to work with or maybe they need new management. The managers that I had in my store had a lot of favoritism. I got really low hours. I had two get a SECOND JOB WHILE WORKING AT KOHLS.
Fun and Rewarding
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Knightdale, NCJune 28, 2019
Fun environment with potential growth throughout the company.
Greeted customers and help guide them throughout the store to achieve highly satisfied customer experiences.
Opened line of credit to ensure the most savings on purchases while earning Kohl's cash and enrolling customers in the Rewards program.
Great Customers!
Great Staff!
Great store to shop for all of your needs.
Pros
rewards for most credit applications
Cons
Seeing a customer upset with no resolution to their issue (store policies)
Paid very poorly
SEASONAL CASHIER/SALES (Former Employee) –  Souderton, PAJune 27, 2019
I worked there as a seasonal worker for the holidays. They paid only $7.50 an hour an expected you to bust your but. The main thing that they were concerned about was how many people you could get to sign up for a Kohl's charge. Not a good experience.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay
Busy, busy , and more busy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIJune 26, 2019
Stressful and fast pace. Always under staffed and over worked. There's lots of favoritism. Some supervisor were rude and the pay is not worth it. Oh yeah customers can be real pain as well.
Great place to work!
Evening Retail Clerk and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverton, UTJune 26, 2019
I loved working at Kohls. I loved the discounts, the people, managers were very nice too. I would go back again. It was always a lot of variety and I liked that. It never really got boring. And there was always something new to do and new stuff coming in all the time.
Pros
Discounts, Nice people to work with.
Cons
Not the greatest salary but okay for part time.
Fun work place with everyone joining in potlucks over the year
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rhinelander, WIJune 25, 2019
I had to be customer oriented have accurate with transactions and straighten the area by the register and later at night out in the departments. The management was there to help with questions. The hardest part of the job was driving 45 minutes one way to only work only part of a day. The economy was poor at the time. The most enjoyable part was most of the people I worked with and the customers I met. I loved the products they had and their sales. It is a great part time job if you do not need more income.
Pros
Clothing discounts
Cons
Not enough hours or opportunities to move up at that time.
Great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLJune 24, 2019
Kohl's knows how to staff its stores with truly good workers, similar to Publix. Kind, diverse group of workers and a great atmosphere. I think the hours and pay are the problem. This is, once again, a retail store and most positions are part time and pay poorly. Not for people who need consistent full time pay.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Poor hours
The managers and really nice and sweet and everyone here is always ready to help
Kohl's Cashier (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, TNJune 24, 2019
I love coming to work everyday. If there is a day that I can’t make it if I call the managers understand and work around my problem . If you want more hours they’ll give it to you without a problem.
Pros
Sometimes we get free pizza and drinks
Cons
Customers and sometimes rude
Amazing
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Gratiot Township, MIJune 24, 2019
I worked here seasonally during Christmas and it was an amazing experience hopefully I can rejoin the team more permanently this time. Would highly recommend to anyone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kohl's.

Powered by Comparably