Kohl's Pay & Benefits reviews: Cashier

Found 350 reviews matching the search See all 19,331 reviews
Would recommend working at kohls
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 9, 2019
The store was very organized. Every employee had their area that they focused on and the crew got along great together. Isn’t high paced unless during a holiday or promotional time period.
I like working at Kohl's but the pay sucks.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  DelawareOctober 6, 2019
Kohl's need to pay their employees more to compensate their lifestyle costs of living. Working at Kohl's could be stressful because you work so hard and nothing to show. You are still struggling because your not able to pay your Bill's and take care of your Family.
Overall Very Good
Kohl's Cashier (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MIOctober 2, 2019
I don't think it's a livable wage for anyone supporting just themselves. The management is very flexible and easy going. The employees aren't seen as expendable and easily replaceable.
Pros
Coworkers, Management, Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Not the best pay
worked for income supplement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 25, 2019
Pay as low even with years of experience. Hours worked around my other job. There is alot of pressure to get credit card apps and nearly impossible as most people already have a kohls credit card. No down time on the job. If you arent ringing guests up - you are folding clothes.
Cons
flexible hours
It was a good job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILSeptember 19, 2019
This was a good job to work at. They were helpful with hours and schooling. Management was okay. Many of the managers were great and a few were just okay.
Never again.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INSeptember 18, 2019
I was part time and they were always calling me while I was in school mandating I come in and help. They threated to fire me while my grandma was dying on Thanksgiving day for me calling in for black friday. So glad I did because my grandma died on black friday. After I let my manager know my grandma had past on friday he asked if I could come in now since she was DEAD. 2 hours later another manager who had came on shift called mandating I come in to help. Never went back. I was raised family first and nothing was worth missing precious time after losing my grandma to make $7.50 an hour.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 11, 2019
Good company to work for. Many opportunities to advance. Discounts
were a great perk. Semi-flexible schedule. Time management skills a must to work there.
was an okay place to work at
Retail associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Downey, CASeptember 3, 2019
it was my first job and I started around the holidays so it was very hectic and stressful considering I was also still in high school trying to balance both.
Fun enviorment
"SEASONAL" Sales Floor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 31, 2019
Great holiday job for extra money. College students, High school students. Opportunity for growth in the company. The managment team was pretty good. Strict attendance policy.
Pros
They fed us a lot during the holidays
Cons
long hours during holidays/some 24 hour days/nights
Horrible Management, Hours, and Competitive
P.O.S (Cashier) (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove, CAAugust 28, 2019
Kohl’s has horrible management, the work environment is unorganized and you’re over worked. They only value their employees if they get credits and disregard you if you don’t make your goal. Your work hours are based solely off of how many credits you get. All “managers” were messy and talked about everybody. There were too many people on a power trip for control and didn’t understand their positions or should I say job description. Only benefits were the employees discount.
Great Place, Not the Best Pay
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 25, 2019
For a great place to work you don’t make good money. Besides that, they do offer benefits even to part time associates so that’s a plus.
Aside from pressuring customers into signing up for a Kohl’s credit card this job is relatively easy, the associates are friendly, and everyone is kind.
Only downside is they simply throw you onto the floor and make you fend for yourself without any formal training.
Very slow paced, average job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 8, 2019
Working at Kohl’s is not bad, yet it is not good/ideal. As it is a retail store it can be very slow paced as well as moderately paced. They don't exactly offer raises but they do offer benefits. Shifts are usual short but can feel very ling if they aren’t busy days.
Pros
Benefits, above average pay, relaxed environment
Cons
Can be slow, not much advancement, sporadic hours unless you’re full-time
Nice Retail Store
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSAugust 7, 2019
Good work environment, supportive co-workers, friendly customers, Management is Okay, the store Hours are extended during the holidays & working on Black Friday Is Mandatory.
Like the WORST place to work...
Cashier / Jewelry (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAAugust 4, 2019
Trust me, I would not work again for this company if the offered me a bonus on top of salary. This is the first retailer I worked for where they paid absolutely NO attention to their employees. You get the worst hours when you first start at Kohl's then, I think Loss prevention pays more attention to the employee's actions therefore missing all the stealing going on by customer's. Smh....
Nice Place to Work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 2, 2019
I enjoy working at Kohl's. I love helping our customers and helping with their needs. I only work at Kohl's part time on the weekends. It's a nice place to earn extra income.
Great employee discount
Cashier (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJuly 24, 2019
They have benefits, flexible schedule, employee recognition. Typical retail job. Employee discounts are probably the best part about working for the company.
Fun working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Florence, ALJuly 23, 2019
Was nice place to work for the manager was really nice the people are nice to work with the customers are friendly nice place to work has ok benefits and partys
Pros
Party with food
Cons
Not enough hour
Kohl's is a decent place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Avon, OHJuly 19, 2019
I liked working here, the pay was fair and I felt most of the time hours were reasonable. The management team was super nice and always was there to help problem solve whenever you needed. Not a bad work environment.
Seasonal
Seasonal Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 16, 2019
As a seasonal employee, you don’t receive any of the benefits but it’s great work experience and honestly it was fun. I worked in the kids and home department and while it could get messy in the kids clothes and toys, it wasn’t a big deal to refold and organize the shelves. Plus it was great to have the discount during the holidays so I bought A lot of my gifts for my family. Working registers could get crazy but there was always someone there to help.
Fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 1, 2019
I had a lot of fun working at Kohl's and I was there 5 years. But I did not get paid enough and worked enough hours plus working with all the managers and coworkers. Plus signing customers up for credit cards.
Pros
Not enough hours!
Cons
Breaks and 30 minute lunch breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

56.2K

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kohl's.

Powered by Comparably