Kohl's Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 3,910 reviews matching the search See all 18,279 reviews
Great place to work!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 14, 2019
Great team environment with friendly and helpful associates and management. Flexible scheduling with many shift options. Employee discount as well as special employee discounts throughout the year.
Poor management/alot of favoritism
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYJuly 13, 2019
I have worked with Kohls 10+ years as a department supervisor. There is no advancement after becoming a department supervisor. We have a fairly young manager after going thru 4 managers. He tends to hang with the younger girls at my store and they seem to get all the extra training. You can not bring any issues up to him as there is always an excuse for it. Pay rate is terrible and then they try to push you to do more and more. I imagine alot of places are like this though. Shooting for retirement soon
Kohls
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Havertown, PAJuly 13, 2019
Kohls is a very friendly work environment good with job description, need to work on scheduleing for seasonal otherwise recommend to work there !!!!!!
I love working at Kohl’s.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 12, 2019
Kohl’s is an immaculate place to work and I’m very grateful for the position I’ve held there. The people and associates are amazing, we’re all a family.
Kohl's is great!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lawton, OKJuly 12, 2019
started working there in October and have had nothing but good things to say about it. amazing people, amazing environment, just overall a great place to work.
Meh
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 10, 2019
Wouldn’t really recommend working here. The people that work here are really good people. It’s just that the environment it’s really that good. Good people cool place to work. It just wasn’t the place for me. Since I’m going to be working in the medical field
Nice place to work
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 10, 2019
Kohls has been a very great working environment and great experience for me and all ages 16 & up, the workers really do care about you and help you a lot through schedules and more.
Productive and fun work place. Very friendly environment
Point of Sale Associate (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJuly 10, 2019
Management is great at kohl’s. Managers work with your outside of work lives. I learned how to help create a friendly work environment for customers and other associates. Typical work days can be very busy or very slow but management makes sure that we are always busy and have something to do whether we’re busy or slow during the day.
Suggest for a first job
Kohls sales associate (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 10, 2019
Kohls is a great place to work due to its flexible hours and interacting managers. this would be a great first job for teenagers or even for moms and students . I go to college and have a 2 year old , but kohls make sure my hours are reasonable and suitable for my daily routine
Easy going working enviorment
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 10, 2019
Working at khols is very good for a first job. You gain custumer service expirience and you learn how to work a cash register and you learn how to do thing in a quick way but well done.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 9, 2019
Fun being tin the back and stocking things, Arranging items for a more user friendly experience.
Helping people find things quickly and easily made for a better customer return rate.
helping move check out line, and meeting interesting people gave me great experiences
I Hated This Job
Kohl's Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilton, NYJuly 8, 2019
Everyday I went into work at Kohls and I saw my name under home and kids a piece of me died inside. I hated using the stupid bluebirds but they never worked half of the time anyway. by the end they let me go from my seasonal job and i called out of my last shift so they fired me
Pros
Cons
being able to hide in the dressing rooms
Overall good
Kohl's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJuly 6, 2019
Positive work environment with friendly associates and highly competent management. The store is clean and well maintained, the hours are fair and has been a good experience of mine.
Great first job
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYJuly 6, 2019
Kohl's was my first job, and it was a great introduction to the world of retail. Kohl's' policy is basically "whatever the customer wants, the customer gets," which made cashiering a lot easier. I had the opportunity to learn other departments and stay with the departments I liked the most. Only downside (besides the standard retail downsides) is the low pay: you get hired at 5 cents above minimum wage and get 20 cent raises per year. If they paid better I probably would've stayed there longer.
Pros
Good policies, friendly coworkers, opportunities to crosstrain and focus on your favorite departments/tasks
Cons
Low pay, hours vary wildly from week to week, a lot of Karens shop there
Good Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJuly 6, 2019
Working in Kohl's was a great experience for me. It allowed me to work with customers and aid them in different ways that they needed. The job helped me grow in areas of my personal life.
Nice place with decent benefits
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHJuly 5, 2019
I liked working at Kohl's due to the above minimum wage pay and the ability to adjust my schedule as each semester came and went. There are times that the management can be uptight but overall a nice place to work.
Pros
15% employee disocunt that can be stacked with other coupons
Sucked
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Cranberry Township, PAJuly 2, 2019
I was a student at the time I worked for Kohl’s. they refused to work with my class schedule and worked me until close even though i explained multiple times i cannot close during the week. The managers were constantly yelling about getting customers to open credit lines with us. i was yelled at by customers for asking twice about the credit card. the 15% employee discount wasn’t even worth the trouble.
Poor Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAJuly 1, 2019
The entire store is just a game of favorites. Management does not get along causing a lot of confusion when trying to get questions answered. Training is poor and the schedule is not flexible.
be prepared
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanuet, NYJuly 1, 2019
it's not a hard job, but you can have some very difficult customers. the pace is very chaotic, one second it's busy, and then the next minute it's dead, and then it's busy past closing time. never expect to get consistent hours, nor the times you'd prefer. also one of the managers is very sneaky and vindictive.
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Eldersburg, MDJuly 1, 2019
Kohls is a great place for employment. I think anyone seeking an enjoyable and fulfilling occupation, kohls is the place for you. You will get what you put into it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight