Kohl's Employee Reviews

Found 17,970 reviews matching the search See all 18,011 reviews
This was a great spot.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJJune 17, 2019
I loved the atmosphere in the building I wish I never left. I know that if I could ever get a job baCk that this would be it. I loved my Co workers to management
Fast paced, fun and friendly environment!
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJune 17, 2019
People skills and the power of "yes". Fun and fast-paced. The hardest part were the Holiday Hours. The best part were the people, customers and associates.
Excellent place.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJune 17, 2019
This place really knows how to treat their employee's. We worked hard but was recognized very well for our work performances. They have an open door policy that was greatly appreciated by all and they also provided quiet room.
nice part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grandville, MIJune 17, 2019
High pace at times, always on your feet. Management always pushing credit card promotions. Never enough staff to answer questions for customers.
Cashier was expected to do everything.
Pros
nothing
Cons
holiday hours over the top
This was a pretty awful experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJune 17, 2019
The job pace started out busy with it being the holiday season but then once the new year started and things slowed down the job became worse and worse. I started getting less and less hours and it wasn't worth my time to drive over 20 minutes there to work for just about enough money to cover gas costs. Overall one of the worst jobs I have had.
Cliquey coworkers , terrible hours , low pay
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Douglasville, GAJune 16, 2019
Only work here as a side side job. Some lazy h2s barely helped even while store was busy. Employees pressured to apply for cards. Terrible incentives to solicit kohls charges. Uncomfortable environment at times
Pros
Free food sometimes, flexible schedules
Cons
Some bad h2s. Terrible pay and inconsistent hours
Great place for part time
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Wooster, OHJune 16, 2019
I worked part time and management was very flexible with me being a mom. They would provide lunch during the holidays and made the craziness fun. Not many full time positions.
The only people that I was comfortable with were the people in my age group.
Overnight Stocker/bopus person (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJune 16, 2019
Majority of the coworkers I was with ,were not really friendly or helpful. Especially the supervisors I had there and management. They did not treat employees fair and always kept us under the ladder.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks and poor management
Excellent environment with great management support.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 16, 2019
Great place to work for the holidays. Great holiday incentives and positive work environment. Seasoned and Friendly co-workers and quick to help when needed.
Overall Good
Staff Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Menomonee Falls, WIJune 16, 2019
Overall good company. It has its challenges like most companies. Retail is a challenging environment. Kohl's has been somewhat slow to change & making decisions.
Very Great Job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Huber Heights, OHJune 16, 2019
I believe out of all my jobs I've worked at exclude the one I am currently at this is one the best jobs. It was my first time working in a retail and I really enjoyed it you learn a lot of things working in a retail. I thought I'll never be able to learn the job but the dont leave you hanging you always have someone by your side teaching you hands on. But you have to move fast once you have folded a table for instance the customers will come and rearrange it but you have to folded back up fats so it can look presentable for others a clean and presentable store brings more customers more customers more business and we can get paid. The most enjoyable part of this job was walking around with the walkie talkie. The only hardest part of this job was the store was so huge so you will be doing a lot of walking.
Typical ho-hum retail job.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILJune 16, 2019
Want an existential crisis, extreme boredom and to get bossed around by some clown that's on the same pay grade as you? Work at Quincy, Illinois Kohl's! I hope not all Kohl's locations are like this one. It's like the right hand doesn't know what the left one's doing, and I have a feeling the left hand made it's way to the hind quarters, if you catch my drift. The store manager was the most milquetoast man I've ever met in my life. He let customers and employees alike just trample him underfoot. Some people I guess try to compensate for this by being incredibly bossy, even people who were on the same pay grade that I was. Don't waste your time. I'm sorry I wasted so much of mine.
How I advanced
SALES FLOOR ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 16, 2019
When I started working at Kohls I started with doing replenishment. After a year the employee that was doing ad set was going to quit her job and refereed me to take her position. I accepted and I have been doing ad set for the past year and 9 months. I also do price changes, recovery, merchandise sets, and so much more
Friendly wholesome environment to work in
Fulfillment/Replenishment Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 16, 2019
Kohls provides a friendly wholesome environment for its associates to thrive in. You'll find Kohls prizes customer service engagement over all and that the customers satisfaction is the goal.
Cashier
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJune 16, 2019
I would help people check out there clothing and stuff they were gonna buy. And also I would have to change price tags and signs and help people try and apply for a kohls credit card.
Awful
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJune 15, 2019
We were understaffed, poorly managed, and not organized. One of my managers came in so intoxicated she passed out in the back stock area. The GM of the store would stare at female cashiers while they worked.
Love
Kohl's Associate (Former Employee) –  Edgewood mdJune 15, 2019
This job was amazing I loved everything about especially when peak season hit you could make so much extra money and they gave u so many raises the only this is they don’t really give second chances much
Good Vibe with Kohl's
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJune 15, 2019
The management is very kind. They are there anytime you need them. They did not mind showing their appreciation to their employee's. We always had a huddle in the mornings to let us know what our tasks needed work on.
The place is friendly
Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJune 15, 2019
All the managers I've worked for are great people, they really look out for the employees.
The co-workers are super nice and they made me enjoy feel welcomed and less stressed.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not the best pay
okay for part time
MJM Associate (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJune 15, 2019
I love the people who work here, they are nice and helpful. it's just on the busy days so stressful and tiring. if you are patient enough to deal with some people that rude you will be fine tho.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.8K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss