Kohl's Employee Reviews

Found 18,263 reviews matching the search See all 18,307 reviews
good work atmosphere
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  LakezurichJuly 15, 2019
it was good working in Kohls. People are friendly and helping.
Managers are Bossy but its their duty to be. Sometimes you will be forced to work for which you are not scheduled
Pros
flexible timings
Cons
felt suffocated
Terrible management
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 15, 2019
Shreveport location is horrible. Favoritism and all. They don't work together or stick together I HATE I worked there. Everyone is out to get someone in trouble, do not want to see the next make it.
Great
Jewelry advisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAJuly 15, 2019
Wonderful place. Welcoming people, and very clean and organized. Would definitely recommend for a first job. Management is fantastic. They work with school.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Doesnt pay enough
Sales Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Midlothian, VAJuly 15, 2019
I love working at kohls but I hate my store. They expect so much from you, in the 4 hours they schedule you. I'm part time and I only get about 12 hours a week if I'm lucky. I literally get about $100 a week. How am I suppose to pay bills?!. My point being, it's not worth working here unless you're full time
Poor pay
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHJuly 15, 2019
They give additional discounts to employees which is nice only you make almost nothing. Definitely not a place for adults who have bills to pay or children.
Pros
Seasonal employment
Cons
Little pay
Management is cool and there is a wide range of opportunities if you speak up.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVJuly 15, 2019
Kohl's is your typical retail store with really nothing too special. All of the managers and area supervisors are all really nice people and the same can be said for your coworkers; as long as you stay out of their personal business. Advancement is possible as long as you put your grown up pants on and talk to them. Most of the time, management will point you in the right direction. In all, great first job and a great job for a high school student.
Great place to work!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Portage, MIJuly 14, 2019
Great team environment with friendly and helpful associates and management. Flexible scheduling with many shift options. Employee discount as well as special employee discounts throughout the year.
DO NOT work for the Northwest Gilbert location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZJuly 14, 2019
0614 has the WORST MANAGERS I have ever worked with. Very Unprofessional, rude, power trippers, no department training, no constructive criticism, favoritism, inconsistent schedules, verbally harrass associates in front of cudtomers. Very hostile work environment.
Cons
O1, 02, 03 Managers unprofessional power trippers
10/10 Would Not Recommend
Replenishment Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Hartford, NYJuly 14, 2019
An awful place to work filled with self-righteous customers and a completely incompetent management team. The environment was constantly reminiscent of high school.
Exemplary for a retail job
Floor Associate, mostly shoes (Current Employee) –  American Fork, UTJuly 14, 2019
An amazing job for retail, even the customers are great! Communication is great and managers are always willing to answer questions, even a silly one!
Pros
15% discount on almost all merchandise, up to almost 55% during Friend's+ Family sale (exceptions on merchandise). Plenty of breaks, sometimes the managers bring food, lots of friendly competitions, ample recognition for hard work
Cons
Holidays are rough, slight stress for getting credits
Work environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJuly 13, 2019
The job was okay at first but I soon realized the environment of kohl’s is a lot more toxic than I ever imagined. The managers were terrible and the customers could be quite nasty
Poor management/alot of favoritism
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYJuly 13, 2019
I have worked with Kohls 10+ years as a department supervisor. There is no advancement after becoming a department supervisor. We have a fairly young manager after going thru 4 managers. He tends to hang with the younger girls at my store and they seem to get all the extra training. You can not bring any issues up to him as there is always an excuse for it. Pay rate is terrible and then they try to push you to do more and more. I imagine alot of places are like this though. Shooting for retirement soon
Poc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 13, 2019
They push the silly charge accounts hard. It is easy to get people to sign up for them. It is just a dead end position and company. Only do it part time if you need a little extra money.
inconsistent
Customer service (Former Employee) –  2350 central park aveJuly 13, 2019
I was almost never on the schedule because it was a big work place. Id have to call to get a shift in. They didn't know my name. breaks were only 15 and deserve to be 30
Overall good place to work!
Freight/Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, KY 40324July 13, 2019
Fast paced, fun place to work. Pay wasn't the greatest but they have had increases since i left. Employee discounts were fabulous!!! Worked part time in the morning unloading freight.
Overall not a bad place to work
Customer Service/ Service Desk (Former Employee) –  Salem, NHJuly 13, 2019
My biggest issue with the position was compensation. I made $9.00 to work the service desk. I definitely was given a fair amount of responsibility without the pay to match. The employee's were all very nice to work with and management to work for. It served my purpose of having some extra money for the holidays.
Kohls
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Havertown, PAJuly 13, 2019
Kohls is a very friendly work environment good with job description, need to work on scheduleing for seasonal otherwise recommend to work there !!!!!!
If you like being bored....
CUSTOMER SERVICE ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIJuly 13, 2019
It was very slow paced, only worked during holidays it was ok until after Christmas. Then less than stellar hours and pay. Management was very clicky, not sure I will recommend.
Fun at kohls
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARJuly 13, 2019
Kohls was a unique place. I've never worked anywhere before where they had sign up sheets for charity events. It really made me feel like I was together with our community.
I love working at Kohl’s.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 12, 2019
Kohl’s is an immaculate place to work and I’m very grateful for the position I’ve held there. The people and associates are amazing, we’re all a family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K

3.0InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight