Kohl's Employee Reviews

Found 18,249 reviews matching the search See all 18,293 reviews
Fun place to work with toom for advancement
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDJuly 7, 2019
One of my favorite places to work. Management has a compassionate demeanor and genuinely cares for the well being of their employees. There is never a dull moment
Pros
Frequent free lunches
Non competitive wage
Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Niles, OHJuly 7, 2019
The wage per hour does not compete with other local retail establishments. True talent is unrewarded and unnoticed. Associates are not paid enough to survive on and we are told to not scare away the new hires!
Pros
Discount
Cons
Underpaid
Horrible
Omni Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Coral, FLJuly 7, 2019
The managers at Kohls were incompetent and didn't know how to communicate with each other. Not uncommon to be thrown around at multiple tasks because managers can't communicate with each other on who's doing what.
Under paid/stressful job
Cashier and supervisor/ floor sales associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 7, 2019
Most stressful job to be part time. Bad management, can never have enough people working cannot hire enough people. Employees always walk out or leave due to bad management & underpaid. Never have a weekend off. Overworks their employees. Never got a pay raise.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Don't work here.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Crestwood, MOJuly 7, 2019
I started as a seasonal cashier and now part time cashier and customer service. My store has excellent management. We all get along and work as a team. The customers are nice for the most part. When they complain do what you can to make them happy or call a manager to handle.

They are way ahead of the competition in e-commerce and now they are taking Amazon returns is a good sign. The company is stable and profitable. The discounts are good but the pay and schedule needs to be addressed.

Management is stressed out because the pay deficit makes it difficult to recruit and keep talent. I do get credit card weary at times but am a consistent leader.
Pros
People, discounts, store
Cons
Pay
Awesome work environment
Floor Associate (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHJuly 7, 2019
Excellent place of employment. I can actually genuinely say that i enjoyed working for this company and would highly recommend any other persons to apply. I don't believe the pay is enough for the tremendous amount of work that we do. I walk about 6-10 miles at work for only $9 an hour.
Cons
Not enough pay to live
It was a seasonal position and an overall good working environment
Freight Associate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2019
During my time it was a good fast paced experience, i had opportunities to learn what i had to do and work with my co workers to finish certain tasks.
Overall good
Kohl's Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Massapequa, NYJuly 6, 2019
Positive work environment with friendly associates and highly competent management. The store is clean and well maintained, the hours are fair and has been a good experience of mine.
Stressful
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gresham, ORJuly 6, 2019
Management not respectful. Had a great manager but he left. Our assistant took over and she is terrible. Everyone hates being here now. Wish it could be like it was.
Kohls at East Brunswick New Jersey
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJuly 6, 2019
Bad management. The most racist and discriminating place to work. The managers never take responsibility for their actions and their lying game is 100% they lie with no conviction
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Bad place to work
Great first job
Point of Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Clay, NYJuly 6, 2019
Kohl's was my first job, and it was a great introduction to the world of retail. Kohl's' policy is basically "whatever the customer wants, the customer gets," which made cashiering a lot easier. I had the opportunity to learn other departments and stay with the departments I liked the most. Only downside (besides the standard retail downsides) is the low pay: you get hired at 5 cents above minimum wage and get 20 cent raises per year. If they paid better I probably would've stayed there longer.
Pros
Good policies, friendly coworkers, opportunities to crosstrain and focus on your favorite departments/tasks
Cons
Low pay, hours vary wildly from week to week, a lot of Karens shop there
Productive place to work
Store Management Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNJuly 6, 2019
Kohl's is a very high intense job. You are on your feet all day and have to work at a very fast pace. This makes the days go by quickly but can be very tiring. Duluth has GREAT management, they are all very positive and work extremely hard. They set a great example for their employees.
Good Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYJuly 6, 2019
Working in Kohl's was a great experience for me. It allowed me to work with customers and aid them in different ways that they needed. The job helped me grow in areas of my personal life.
Do Not Recommend
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLJuly 6, 2019
I was a Loss Prevention Supervisor. I was told I was being terminated due to not making enough apprehensions in first 90 days. However, this news was given to me after 5 months. After I was terminated, for months afterwards I received court supeanas for cases I did do. It didn't make any sense.
Pros
Discount
Cons
lack of teamwork, unrecognized for your work, weekly quota on apprehensions in slow stores
fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Farragut, TNJuly 6, 2019
This is a great place to work for supplemental income as well as discounts. Management works with my flexible schedule. I enjoy the discounts. i would recommend this job to anyone.
I enjoyed working at Kohl's. Management was easy to talk to. Job was easy.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJuly 6, 2019
Working at Kohl's was a rewarding job. I have no complaints. It is possible to work your way up the ladder if you choose to. Pay was a little higher than minimum wage.
Pros
Enjoyable work place
Cons
Not my choice for a long term career
Nice place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCJuly 5, 2019
It is a good place to work just not enough hours to support a family..i.need a full time job so I can better support my family with today economy and cost of living is going up everyday.
Good
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 5, 2019
Kohls is a good place to work at. Good work environment and good culture. Supervisors know their duties perfectly and they show respect to all the associates.
Fun place
RETAIL ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  La Verne, CAJuly 5, 2019
Although sometimes it is slow, time passes by quick while you clear out the fitting rooms. Fun place to work, kind people, good deals. Nice break room.
Strict management and stressful environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, INJuly 5, 2019
Management would push you nonstop to get credit card sign ups, and would be mad if you didn't reach a certain amount. Customers were extremely whenever there was a problem.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohl's. Our community is ready to answer.

55.9K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

73%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss