Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Diverse, Engaging, Challenging
Accounting and Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLOctober 25, 2018
Constant growth, change, and upward momentum. Working for this company has helped develop my professional business skills as well as my personal life skills because of the constant challenge to raise the bar and strive for better services.
Cons
Need organization/time-management skills to maintain work life balance.
Senior management and HR gives no support to employees
Manager (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIOctober 26, 2018
Top issue is culture and employee engagement; even with all the discussions, teams, and new programs the engagement is only getting worse (in some areas, maybe not all). The reason? Major lack of support from senior management and HR. Feedback is not well received, thus employees are outcasted for speaking up. Sad, loved the actual job and co-workers. Turnover is becoming very high at a company that once was a company with a lot of long term employees. (It seems to be a starting company to get experience and then move on, which is hurting the company since great talent is leaving for reasons that are fairly easy to change and idetify). On a good note, education reimbursement, decent insurance, fair amount of vacation and paid holidays.
Pros
Co-workers, education re-imbursement
Cons
Senior management support, engagement
Nice place to work
Area Associate II, HR - Global Faucets (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIJuly 5, 2018
Great values, appreciation of history, environment and stewardship. Large company, so there's generally not equality in procedures across departments or divisions. (Evaluations, promotions and raises are not equitable among associates for example.)
In my position, I attended few meetings, but executives were generally in meetings all day, most days of the week.
Pros
Adherence to mission statement and values
Cons
Silos between departments and divisions, inequality
Stressful and no work life balance
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIDecember 6, 2018
I learned how to affectively solve associates problems. The culture is demanding. The hardest part of the job is making decisions that work for most everyone. That is the case in most jobs. I enjoyed working with the people and insuring that there needs were met.
Pros
I was able to work early hours
Cons
Stressful and no work life balance
Very unorganized place to work
Quality Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNSeptember 29, 2018
I love the people I worked with, but the place itself was very stressful to work at. I had HR call me a thief, cheat, and liar to my face. It was good if you wanted benefits and great pay, but management was rated the lowest I could rate.
Pros
Great pay, people are great to work with
Cons
Management was not good and seems like you could so your best and nothing was ever good enough
Meh management, nice people
Several (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIOctober 24, 2018
Beautiful area, but Senior Management is hit and miss. Some are great people, but that is not the norm. They think they are the be-all, and-all with egos to match. Provide undying loyalty and you can do ok, but don't deviate from the formula!
Pros
Great location, good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor leadership that follows a formula, doesn't share and b
Good place to work bad management
Forklift driver/quality/assembly (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCNovember 13, 2018
Good place to work bad management.
Long hours good pay hard work but good work out. Enjoy the people I work with it was just that management made the job harder than it needed to be.
it was okay
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  444 highland driveJanuary 10, 2019
the job itself was a good experience but the management was one of the worst i have ever experienced and showed quite a few signs of racism against the African american culture
Fun place to work
Med pass factory (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIDecember 12, 2018
I enjoyed the atmosphere.very laid back.forman work with you.a medical facility.fast to get pay raiseseasy to test out.work at your own pace.offer jobs
Pros
Work with you
Cons
Piece rate
Literature Coordinator 1 Overview
Literature Coordinator 1 (Current Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIDecember 18, 2018
A typical day at work is order management for product literature that is requested by production, sales, marketing, parts, and service for Kohler Power Systems distributors and dealers.

Key takeaways are learning various aspects and functions of SAP software. Another takeaway is working in a corporate factory environment.

The hardest part is keeping up with the demand for fulfillment of the orders.

The most enjoyable parts are the people that I work with and fulfillment of the orders that I process.
Unique Culture
Confidential Secretary (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIDecember 27, 2018
Kohler Co. offers a wide variety of experiences within it's corporate plumbing and bathing departments, as well as the Hospitality industry. The bar is set very high, with expectations to excel and grow your role. The most enjoyable part of my role was the opportunity to learn and expand my knowledge, understanding how to fulfill the needs of those I supported. The hardest part was the occasional lack of team atmosphere and support.
Pros
opportunity for learning
Cons
cut-throat
Inspector/Packer (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 28, 2018
Relaxed atmosphere with other team members and Foreman. While producing quality products of Kohler. Management are just starting to implement the 5s process.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
no advancements
management sucks. pay is good if you get into a good job.
Setup (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WISeptember 18, 2018
some areas are less stressful than others. some jobs pay less than others but the raises arent too bad, and the prevea clinic is great since the insurance sucks.
good company, a LOT of work
Tank Welder/QC tester (Former Employee) –  Saukville, WIOctober 6, 2018
KPS was a great employer. Good management, good coworkers, a great sense of family. typical time clock procedures. You were always informed of the day's work, the week's productivity rate, and next week's hours. I had a hard time as a welder there because they wanted perfect stringer bead welds from GMAW process whereas the program I attended taught weave bead welds for all processes.
Most enjoyable part of the job was the welding.
Pros
Approachable management
Cons
1 10 min break and 20 min lunch for 8 hours
Fast paced but equally fun work environment.
Molding Operator (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 27, 2018
I was enthusiastic about going to work to get paid because of my peers. They made my job easier by helping and being attentive. The supervisors for the most part where not helpful or present for the most part. I didn't like that the plant is pretty open an anyone could walk in at anytime.
Pros
good pay, overtime when needed, pretty understanding with personal and sick days
Cons
management presence, security presence, and security concerns
Labor Camp
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALSeptember 15, 2018
You'll do fine if you're willing to treat people like machines. Salary seemed decent but by the time you factor in how many hours you work its low paying.

I gave it two weeks before I decided that I didn't want to treat people the way they expected.

Thought the 3 on 3 off schedule would be nice only to see that I was so tired from working 42 hours in 3 days that i just wanted to sleep when I was off.

Yes....its a production environment but the quality of life it brought with it wasn't my style.
unique place to work
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIOctober 22, 2018
Solid company with good benefits. Has all the benefits of working for a large company and still finds a way to have a small company feel. Great discounts on products and above average pay.
HR and Senior Management horrible people to work for
Foreman/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WINovember 3, 2018
HR and Senior Management are horrible! HR is never on the shop floor but acts like they know what’s going on. Management has no idea what’s happening on the off shifts and don’t really care as long as they don’t see it. The Union runs this company! Stay away big company name but not good to work for!
Cons
HR and Senior Management
Good company
Engineering Assistant - Technical Communications (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIDecember 19, 2018
It felt good going to work every day knowing the company strived to improve living conditions for people around the world and was thoughtful of the environmental impact and the future.
Pros
Pay, Culture
Cons
Stressful
fast paced and made day go by faster
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, NCNovember 4, 2018
I learned that staying in the team work mode makes everything work more productive. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and days. Pay was good except mostly too tired to enjoy it but provided what my family needed.
Pros
Paid weekly and insurance
Cons
long hours and days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohler Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight