Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Too Old and too Female...
Sommelier (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WISeptember 8, 2019
After working at the American Club for about a year, a new manager was brought in. Half my age, with little to no experience in managing a diverse group of people, he was now my immediate boss. Things went downhill pretty fast from there. Before this new "manager" I only had positive performance reviews. He then tried to sack the 3 oldest, female employees. I was one of them.
Packing Department (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg County, SCSeptember 6, 2019
Life altering skills and great benefits for life. Various job skills learned and ability to learn new tasks and responsibilities to take you to next levels!
Only good for entry level position
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 5, 2019
Not for professionals with experience. They say that’s who they want to represent their company graciously but they just want warm bodies. They present their spiff program as being generous but it’s anything but, so your salary (low) is all you earn.
Old school company but great people
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WISeptember 5, 2019
Management works hard to assure associates are developing. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great people. The hardest part of the job is the project stress due to Kohler needing to move faster.
Over all I loved my job at Kohler and wished I still worked there!
Quality Technician in the Material Lab (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WISeptember 4, 2019
Everything about my job at Kohler was perfect. Management, co-workers, working environment, the job itself, all around perfect until the company hits a financial bump in the road and lays off all contractors no matter how much they’ve done or the job they were doing everyone had to go. It was very sudden even though the work kept coming
Pros
Management, people, work load
Cons
Short notice lay off
Productive and helpful work enviroment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 2, 2019
It is a very good company to work for but the pay and benefits could be better. The Company does a lot for their employees and has many parties as well but I believe that Kohler should be more up to the times on the pay and benefits. They do not seem to keep up with the other companies. They are a very family friendly company.
Not a bad place
CHRE (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 30, 2019
It was alright working there, good training. Everyone is always in a bad mood and everyone thinks their better than you just because they have seniority
Sr. Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 29, 2019
Diversified products and opportunities to move across multiple divisions within Kohler to keep yourself challenged and career growth.
Talented & fun group of associates to work with.
Pros
No work pressure
Cons
Few black sheep's in the organization that must be weeded out
Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNAugust 29, 2019
It was a great place to work. I should still be there, but it was around the holidays so I wasn’t getting much hours. If I could go back that’s where I would be.
Good pay, treated like garbage.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 27, 2019
Working at Kohler was something different entirely. Speed will come with time and they expect that, but lots of issues arise, even through small, minuscule mistakes made during training. Even though a union exists, social cliques exist as well, and lots of them; with knowing there's a union shop there's reprisal for joking around, even in good taste. Personally, I had to keep a personal document, taking notes whenever management would reprimand, just to protect myself. If you want to work there, keep your mouth shut, do your work, and hope the hour deductions from lack of need for product... and talk of layoffs don't bring you down too far.
Pros
Good pay, easy work, great benefits.
Cons
Extreme tension between management and associates, lack of work which means lack of hours, potential layoffs.
Fast paced, historic company
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 27, 2019
A cornerstone Wisconsin manufacturing company, Kohler offers a collaborative work environment with great opportunities for international work experience.
One of the very best jobs I’ve ever had.
Maintenance A - Master Electrician (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TX 76801August 26, 2019
I really enjoyed working for Kohler-Co. If I hadn’t been forced to relocate for personal reason, I would still be working there today. They have a great corporate culture and excellent day to day work environment.
Pros
Training and pay
Cons
12hr shifts
Hard work, very hot in summer and cold in winter but interesting job
Tester For Plastic Whirlpools (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXAugust 26, 2019
As a tester you start the day of with a assembly line full of product to test. The line constantly moves as you test each tub, its a fast paced job. if you have a problem, like a water leak, you put the information in computer and move the tub to the floor to be fixed and go on with the next tub . this goes on all day at a fast pace. What I learned was how to use their computer system, how to give the customer high quality product and be a team leader ! The hardest part of the job was dealing with the temperature do to no a/c or heat .
Very interesting
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSAugust 24, 2019
Very interesting and a challenge for the average person who likes to work at a fast pace exciting job. I enjoyed the entire experience and the coworkers
Very fair compensation, cutthroat management
Electro-Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 21, 2019
I am very happy with my compensation at Kohler Co. But the management culture could have more positive reinforcement, I feel that the work efforts and ethics would change greatly with a management system with more positivity.
Longer hours
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Sheridan, ARAugust 20, 2019
Tough work, long hours on your feet, and you can’t check your phone or you will be fired, but if you want quick money this the job you want, and you’ll make it they the night
kohler co
Glass Production (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 15, 2019
Good place to work. Very hot during the summer an cold during the winter. Alot to learn in a short time. It's not a bad place to work. Not a very hard job.
Great place if you plan on settling in Kohler area
Supplier Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 14, 2019
I remained busy each day because the workload seemed never-ending. As a hard worker, this was great! The days seemed to fly by and the work was challenging. As a contractor for the company, I did not get the same opportunities as the regular employees. One day I was being told that my contract was going to be renewed and the next I was told that my contract was not able to be renewe. I was given 3 days notice that my contract was ending, and had to leave the company because the market was soft.
Very stressful working environment
Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCAugust 12, 2019
Hostile work environment constantly occurred around one employee that management would never correct. They would throw tantrums in meetings and walk off the job for half a day and never was disciplined by the manager. Constant workforce turnover.
Productive & good placed to work.
Trucker Loader (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXAugust 12, 2019
I was a trucker loader at Kohler company, I went to work for them in 2007. back then it was a great and fun place to work for.The people were all great to work with, we pretty much did everything with pallet jacks and had all the product we needed in a loading cell where all we did was fill the orders & put on pallets to be wrapped in plastic ready to load on trucks for delivery.Then things started to were we had to go and build our own pallets for each order we got to be shipped on the trucks.That is about the time when it was all about getting the loads out and not so much on anything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohler Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Kohler Co..

Powered by Comparably