I'm begging you- Find somewhere else
Design (Former Employee) – Remote – March 19, 2018
My review encompasses the concerns discussed with both current and previous coworkers.
- Cliques and lack of support
-Lack of Diversity
- Lack of Promotion, ability to change positions within the company with little chance for advancement- many folks in the same role for many years
- Little to no access to promised benefits unless you work at headquarters in Wisconsin; ie. continuing education, career advancement
- Lack of consideration for observations or ideas for improvement
- Eerie need for assimilation (drinking the kool-aid)
- Intense and intrusive scrutiny (note taking on your actions and attitude during trainings)
- Inconsistent vision (don't be wooed by the robot ads- forward thinking does not exist- any attempts must be approved by an aging figurehead)
*Kohler is a very insular, old-fashioned company. During my time, many similarly tenured coworkers, at headquarters, were afforded benefits that were denied to myself and others working remotely. During both the interview and onboarding, we were lured with numerous benefits, coworker inclusion and support, and autonomy and respect. Our experience was full of cliques, cold shoulders, big brother scrutiny, unnecessary workload duplication, fake smiles, fake promises, and misdirected focus. If you stay for 5 years, you MAY be accepted into the cult.
Resume name recognition, Salary consistent with other companies
Inclusion, Diversity, Support, Promotion through stepping on people to get to "the top", allow for individuality, treat all employees equally.