Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Large work place with quality culture all over
Mechanical Engineer Co-op (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 8, 2018
Position allowed me to experience a large manufacturing company as an intern. Many different parts of campus, each separate from each other, but following similar positive culture.
Pros
Work Culture, Work Events
Enjoyable Co-op
Student Intern (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXAugust 7, 2018
The Co-op experience was enjoyable. The coworkers were extremely helpful in bringing me up to speed on production practices and characterization of the materials.
Pros
Great environment for learning
Cons
Location of plant
My Job Experience
Steward (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 4, 2018
The hardest part is the standing. You have to stand for hours. You get wet in the process. Once you get used to it, it gets easier. I have learned how to work with people. The most enjoyable part of the job is probably making friends. My Boss is really cool. We get the job done.
Pros
Good pay and good environment
Cons
Getting wet and standing for hours and it gets hot.
Gen Labor, Chef, Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 2, 2018
I've held positions here since 1997--whether casual or full-time or supplemental. I have held over 5 positions with this company over the years and I would always go back.Fl
Pros
Great co workers - Learned a ton.
Cons
Had to quit job in pottery d/t the inability to have a flexible schedule to finish nursing school.
worst place
Faucet Operator (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIAugust 2, 2018
working in the factory they do not treat you well at all. they don't care what is done. they literally didn't pay me for holidays and I never saw the money!
Pros
hours, always overtime
Cons
work life balance sucks. they dont pay well!
Good work place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherdan ar.July 29, 2018
Kohler is a good working environment u just gotta be able to work long hours n do overtime if u not a peoples person its not the job for u if u cant work at a fast pace its not the job for u but overrall if u put yoyr mind to it u csn do it
Pros
Bring your lunch or eat out of snack machines
Cons
Breaks are 15 mins u get 3
Foreman
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 26, 2018
There is a unreal expectations from upper management, also they take every explanation for why something went wrong as an excuse. Also to impatient with the process.
Was a great place wish I could go back
Cleaned and washed and unload and load bowls (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXJuly 16, 2018
There pay was really great and I wish I could go back but it was hard to let it go.as I had to leave due to personal reasons if I could send someone there I would because it was just one great deal of a job I loved
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Na
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed meeting the customers and building a friendship with them. Working there with great coworkers was a joy to be there. Everyone there is so nice.
Tough job - but never gets boring!
Project Lead - Global Cash Management (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJuly 11, 2018
Travel, room to grow. Depending on your manager, may be tough to keep life in balance. Depends though. It's a 30,000 employee company. So, just feel out that particular area you decide to work in.
Strong Culture
NA (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIJuly 10, 2018
Good place to work. Very strong culture. Too many meetings. Too many decisions by committee. Take responsibility for your area and don't be afraid to move forward without getting layers of approval.
Nice place to work
Area Associate II, HR - Global Faucets (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIJuly 5, 2018
Great values, appreciation of history, environment and stewardship. Large company, so there's generally not equality in procedures across departments or divisions. (Evaluations, promotions and raises are not equitable among associates for example.)
In my position, I attended few meetings, but executives were generally in meetings all day, most days of the week.
Pros
Adherence to mission statement and values
Cons
Silos between departments and divisions, inequality
A fast paced environment
Shipping Foreman (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJune 28, 2018
Kohler was an atmosphere where you had to deal with the elements and the heat from production. It was a fast paced and very physical job. The challenge was very demanding, but it was worth it.
Pros
An experience while I was in college
Cons
The hours, the demandds of the job, and the shift were a little tough
Productive, Quick-Paced
Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, AR 72150June 21, 2018
! worked night shift 8hrs. daily & some weekends. Assembled faucets, shower heads, toilets, and operated machinery. The work was based on a daily production percentage.
Pros
Free company picnics for families.
Cons
I don't have any.
Great place to work. All staff is highly qualified and competent
Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, MDJune 13, 2018
Charlotte Kohler's dedication to maintaining credentials and up to date on regulatory changes position KHC to provide premier services to a vast array of clients. KHC has very high standards for delivery of services to clients and the staff is highly credentialed. I will always be grateful for my time spent there.
Kohler is a great place to work
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIJune 4, 2018
Kohler treats their employees well. I worked in a supportive role as a Supply Chain Analyst for the Master Forecasters and Schedulers for the Stainless Steel, Cast Iron, Plastics and Kitchen Accessory line.

I really enjoyed the learning lunches/opportunities at Kohler. I appreciated their effort for on-going learning and development that is invested into new hires.

I left Kohler because I had a full-time opportunity at Nemschoff.
Meh
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 1, 2018
It was really good as far as a career opportunity but those opportunities fell short as far as getting information that could've been useful well ahead of time to be able to make something out of it. I'm making this vague because you could find this experience in whatever you may be doing with this job.
Pros
Weekly Pay, 2 breaks
Cons
short breaks, poor supervision, faulty machinery
Inspection and Review Orderer
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MS 39401May 29, 2018
I was advised to come to work and inspect the lawn mower engine after it has been prepared on the line and prepared to be shipped out. I had to make sure the engine was prepared and build the correct way is was suppose to be prepared and organized to be shipped to the customers.
A good Place to work.
Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Sheridan, ARMay 16, 2018
It was a great place to work, Good Pay, A lot of hours, Co-worker were friendly, The work I did up there was wonderful. I would tell anybody that wants a job to go to Kohler.
This job has great pay
Operator Attendant (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALMay 14, 2018
This job pays $13.87 after 1 month of training and practice you will earn $15.37. This job pays well, but can be stressful at certain times, if someone doesn't show up, you have to pick up their slack pretty much. You can definitely live from this job, they also allow 15 minute paid breaks and a 30 minute paid lunch. At times I would get over $1,000 a week, that's including overtime. Speaking of over time they will give you 1.5x what you are usually getting paid, which is great. You will be making over $20 an hour 12 hours a day! I recommend this job, if you are not use to doing factory work, you will need to prepare yourself mentally to get ready to stand and constantly moving for about 11 hour.
Pros
Great pay, great benifits, can easily live off of this job.
Cons
Stressful, barley anytime off due to them forcing you to overtime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohler Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss