Kohler Co. Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSApril 17, 2018
A typical work day was not stressful yet it was fast pace in certain areas. i learned how to operated many tools and gauges. Management was ok but could use some work on how to communicate with individual and to listen to their concerns. The hardest part was not being able to change your shift to accommodate certain situations. Most enjoyable part was the co-workers who made the job delightful.
Pros
Paid lunches and breaks
Cons
Short lunches
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIApril 15, 2018
Great place to work, like the area. There is a team atmosphere and most want to see the company succeed versus just being there for a paycheck. It is what you make of it.
Pros
pay
Cons
hours
Bartender - Server
Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIApril 14, 2018
Great place to work - great bosses and great schedule. Great learning environment and environmentally friendly. I love Kohler, and all it has done for me
Its fun some days stressful some days its all on you
Molding Operator (Current Employee) –  167 cocran rdApril 11, 2018
It's very hard have to be strong willed its all about your motivation the pay is great because they have a mandatory overtime policy or youll get fired
Productive and fast paced
Lead Man/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXApril 8, 2018
There is 1100 employees at this location with many different departments. The management could be much better. Work many hours at the beginning of the year then shut down a week a month at the end of the year.
Pros
Overall good guys that work with you
Cons
Too many shutdowns
Good Company to work for
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIApril 8, 2018
Kohler Company has good benefits and compensation. Flexible hours allow for family time. Wellness programs for employees is outstanding. I recommend working for this company.
Pros
Family oriented
Cons
high workload
Great place to develop sound business fundamentals
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIApril 7, 2018
Highly recommended as a place to develop sound business skills. Excellent training, responsible management and a leading brand that allows each day to start in the lead.
Productive, engaging, and fun place to work at.
Confidential Secretary, Fixtures Marketing (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIApril 6, 2018
The management involvement, close department and interdepartmental working relationships, well defined corporate culture, benefit package, and variety of products made it a very enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Corporate culture, benefit packages, upward mobility, variety of products
Cons
Unusual management meeting schedules at times
Productive place to work
Computer Operator II (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIMarch 29, 2018
I work a Non-Traditional 3rd shift Office position, which requires 24/7/365 support, which means I work weekends and holidays.

The hardest part of my job is when I need to contact an analyst at 3am and they don't answer their phone, and I am forced to make decisions that could affect thousands of users.

The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help a person with a problem, and them appreciating my assistance.
Pros
I like my boss, my co-workers
Cons
working weekends and holidays
Productive yet stressful
Faucets Operator (Current Employee) –  Kohler, WIMarch 28, 2018
Productivity is taken very seriously, which isn't inherently a bad thing. Sometimes productivity and the "bottom line" is more important than actual issues. The top brass tends to think aesthetics take precedence over functioning machines.

The insurance is good. Other healthcare benefits are good too.
Pros
paid breaks, healthcare benefits
Cons
Misplaced priorities
Great conworkers
Area Associate (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIMarch 26, 2018
It was difficult to advance from my position. The conworkers are great, so were the dicounts. It took three yrs to gain vacation as a part time employee.
Pros
Great conowrkers
Cons
My direct supervisor was difficult to work with. Pay was not good.
aaadfkad
Mechanical Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIMarch 26, 2018
The company wishes that you only have a focus for work. Couldn't care less for your private life. I will not miss working there. plenty of other employers who will treat new employees better
Kohler is great
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALMarch 24, 2018
Kohler has its ups and downs yeah the money is awesome but the hours are gruesome seems like you cant balance money and family and with me being a family person it kinda pushed me away
Pros
Money
Cons
Hours
Very nice staff throughout the plant, very easy going about the materialistic things.
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Union City, TNMarch 23, 2018
It’s a good place to work if you aren’t looking for improvement. You will stay at the same pay no matter the time you’ve been there, unless you go to another department and get classified for that department then you will not be able to go up in pay.
Pros
A barbecue every once in awhile
Cons
Short breaks, lunch is 30 minutes
I'm begging you- Find somewhere else
Design (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 19, 2018
My review encompasses the concerns discussed with both current and previous coworkers.

- Cliques and lack of support
-Lack of Diversity
- Lack of Promotion, ability to change positions within the company with little chance for advancement- many folks in the same role for many years
- Little to no access to promised benefits unless you work at headquarters in Wisconsin; ie. continuing education, career advancement
- Lack of consideration for observations or ideas for improvement
- Eerie need for assimilation (drinking the kool-aid)
- Intense and intrusive scrutiny (note taking on your actions and attitude during trainings)
- Inconsistent vision (don't be wooed by the robot ads- forward thinking does not exist- any attempts must be approved by an aging figurehead)
*Kohler is a very insular, old-fashioned company. During my time, many similarly tenured coworkers, at headquarters, were afforded benefits that were denied to myself and others working remotely. During both the interview and onboarding, we were lured with numerous benefits, coworker inclusion and support, and autonomy and respect. Our experience was full of cliques, cold shoulders, big brother scrutiny, unnecessary workload duplication, fake smiles, fake promises, and misdirected focus. If you stay for 5 years, you MAY be accepted into the cult.
Pros
Resume name recognition, Salary consistent with other companies
Cons
Inclusion, Diversity, Support, Promotion through stepping on people to get to "the top", allow for individuality, treat all employees equally.
Productive, fun workplace.
New Product Design Engineer Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIMarch 18, 2018
This company really helped me increase my professional skills. They taught me a lot about 3D CAD and databases. It made it really a really fun and educational company to work for.
Unfair bias on foreigners
Temporary Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Flower Mound, TXMarch 17, 2018
Repeatitive lifting of toilet bowls yet the employees are able to achieve the results and targets met with no appreciation and motivation from management.

Kohler should consider to motivate the employees who work hard and meet targets and not let biased managers frustrate the efforts of hard working foreign employees who meet targets.

They should also consider under going full orientation of new staff members instead of placing them directly on the job on the first day.
Twin line
Twin line (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMarch 14, 2018
I build engines. Moved around a lot of different jobs tasks. Mainly working on a line at a normal pace building engines, greasing parts on building the engines with.
very good
cast iron receiving dept (Former Employee) –  Kohler, WIMarch 13, 2018
good salary health care hard work good co workers good management cant think of anymore thank you very hot lots of danger working with iron,picnics in summer
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard work
Replenishing Work for other employers
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lancaster TexasMarch 13, 2018
Replenishing work on assembly line at a fast pace, boxes came to me and I got them ready for the next person and logged it in the computer. Enjoyed wotkig of Kohl's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Kohler Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.8

3.0Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight